• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
But you did say you've played good bowsers, and you did imply that I was wrong...?

I've played against people who do get out of pools in America btw (Sh@ya, @tila), and the people they've played against. I know exactly where I stand.

None of us have any matches against good bowsers recorded, why do I have to show you a match?

I'm on a high horse because all of your puffs looked like mine did months ago, I have since adapted and my results have improved because of it; and you're all too stubborn to even attempt to incorporate anything I do, not because it's better (you're completely justified in not buying all my self-hype), but because it is _different_, that should be enough of a reason to throw my **** at a wall and see what sticks.

I play against a lot of bad players, and I know that some of them would beat you guys purely because of the way you play puff. Some have looked up videos of the supposed best Puffs and been appalled at how easily you'd be picked apart if your opponent knew the MU and played reactionary.

And at the end of the day, our results are all equal: none that matter. You can take me off my high horse if you want, I'm only confrontational and egotistical because it's more interesting and useful for development than being humble, but putting me below you guys, especially because of my country, is ridiculous.

SoulPech

Smash Master
None of us have any matches against good bowsers recorded, why do I have to show you a match?
The majority of us feel it's -2, but you feel it's different and I felt since "you know how this game works at top level very well", I was curious if you had a video up.

I'm on a high horse because all of your puffs looked like mine did months ago, I have since adapted and my results have improved because of it; and you're all too stubborn to even attempt to incorporate anything I do, not because it's better (you're completely justified in not buying all my self-hype), but because it is _different_, that should be enough of a reason to throw my **** at a wall and see what sticks.
it's not stubborness, don't act condescending please... it's a pet peeve of mine (Your age is showing). i choose not to incorporate anything because I know if I used the majority of your suggestions on other talented players, it's not gonna work.

I'm done on this topic. It's not going anywhere. Can someone talk about something else please?

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Grim... Nobody is saying you are bad or that your Puff is. While you for example seemingly think bowser should be -1, SP thinks G&W isn't even in Puffs worst 3 matchups. I disagree with you both on this. My experience tells me otherwise much has how yours and his do as well. Your Puff, SP's, and DaPuffsters' are all noticeably different but largely only to Puff players. I think all of your styles favor various matchups more so then others. So to change the topic:

Which character do you guys hate fighting the most as Puff and why?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I don't give MU ratios actually, and I didn't in this situation.

My age, my country... Do you have any real criticisms? This isn't about seeing who has a bigger ****, I just want to see Puff represented properly.

Edit: oh we changed topic, carry on, carry on

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I actually dont mind fighting Meta Knight, its losing to those random obscure characters that hurts.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Kinda unrelated, but this will probably start some conversation.

My definition of match-up ratios: How easy it is for a player to beat another player of equal skill when the first player's character has the advantage.
+0: Match-up can go either way
+1: Should always win, but takes effort
+2: Should always win, takes some effort
+3: Should always win, takes little effort
+4: Should always win, takes no effort

Cause I don't think any other common definition makes sense tbh; people don't win 60% of games in 6:4 match-ups, you should win almost every game if you have the advantage, if you don't then the players aren't of equal skill. And using the ratios to indicate how much you'll win or lose by (i.e. 3 stock, 2 stock, etc...) doesn't really tell us anything useful.

So anyway, I feel like Puff can beat every character in the game, which is more than I can say for Ganon. Furthermore I feel like she loses every relevant match-up until you get to top level; then she is even at least with everyone bar MK.

In other words, you have to out-play your opponent at low and mid level because ever other character has it easier than you, but once you get to her peak you can be as difficult to fight against as everyone else.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I should just get Vex in here to talk about the Bowser Puff matchup. (He's like considered the best Bowser I think) Seriously when I have to do that fight, it just isn't even fair sometimes. It is in NO WAY a -1 matchup.

I'll meet up with him sometime soon since we're good friends and record some matches. Really good bowser vs really good jiggs who both know the matchup. Shouldn't be any simpler than that.

As for my least favorite matchup..... Yoshi. I just can't. ******* camps on the ledge firing eggs and makes for the worst possible fight ever. I do bad against the character with both Diddy and Jigglypuff.

Other characters I hate fighting are Wario, Lucario, ZSS, Donkey Kong, Wolf, Sonic.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
I'll meet up with him sometime soon since we're good friends and record some matches.
I was supposed to go to Vex's once to play people when Zero was there. **** happened and nobody was there and then some dude threatened to call the cops on myself and 2 other dudes. Fun times.

And my own least favorite characters to fight are probably G&W (I always have to go Marf) and ICs as I don't know a single local IC player to practice against yet NJ tournaments always have their fair share of people capable of using them.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Puffster I can teach you dat Yoshi Matchup. It's hard, but there are ways around it
Good, I would like that. I got trolled really hard by Delta Cod's Yoshi in a tournament once and he timed me out both matches. I swear Yoshi is like, my favorite Mario character but in Brawl I want to see him die a horrible death in a fire.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Speaking of Yoshi dying a painful death I had one stock to take 2 from Raptor and another from his partner in doubles before when I was Marf... Or maybe it was 4 stocks total. Think it was 3 and both were low percents iirc. And it was on Delphino. Yep I won that match >_>... There I told you about a Yoshi dying a horrible death I'm sorry there was no fire involved.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Delta Cod will make you want to quit brawl and go back to playing tiddlywinks.

He did compliment my Puff saying I'm the most clutch player he's ever met, so I guess that means something :3

tedeth

Smash Master
Name searched myself! :p

I am best Wario in the world everyone else is obviously terrible! :S

Nah Reflex is amazing. Glutonny is SO fast that it's ridiculous.

Just saying though, if the Wario boards took me seriously and actually listened to what I had to say at any point in the 5 years that I've been playing this game, it would have probably been in their interest. I don't believe I am anywhere near the level of Reflex/Glutonny if for no other reason than the fact that Australia has a much poorer overall skill level due to a much smaller player base which translates into less competition and less rapid improvement.

So yeah despite my play being so highly respected (or disrespected, timeouts rule haha) in the Australian community I don't foresee ever being able to convince any Wario player that I have any idea what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately, due to this fact, the Wario boards have been nothing but dismissive of any idea I have ever had, despite the amount of in-tournament testing I have done on said ideas and the amount of effort put into it.

Oh except PhantomX back in the day who actually talked to me once about my extremely sticky heavy Wario/Snake doubles strategy. What a king.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Good, I would like that. I got trolled really hard by Delta Cod's Yoshi in a tournament once and he timed me out both matches. I swear Yoshi is like, my favorite Mario character but in Brawl I want to see him die a horrible death in a fire.

Nah, only second match went to time. First match ended with GR > Spike.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
How is this a thing....This should not be a thing.... And on a side note... Played Puff against a friend today... Hadn't played Puff lately... Noticed a huge decline... R.I.P... I shall take her to a pokemon center soon. On the bright side my Marf improved slightly, which is the whole reason for her decline >.<

Osennecho

Smash Ace
There was a MK next to the name.... Which begs the question how many matches were Puff/against whom? And that looks about right for a well known Puff given who the entrants are... Still impressive though. It's a big deal going from 9th to 7th there.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Last I talked to sery, he uses MK for gnw/dk/snake/sometimes the ditto and like marth

Usually just really really bad mu's. probably close to 50/50

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I was supposed to go to Vex's once to play people when Zero was there. **** happened and nobody was there and then some dude threatened to call the cops on myself and 2 other dudes. Fun times.

Blame Zero for forgetting to tell you guys that we went to Salem's hotel in Atlantic City, although I still apologize aswell for the issue.

Bowser is not a slow character, he actually has great movement speed in the air.
Also, from personal experience in the matchup, it goes from -1 to -3 depending on the stages.
I will Money Match any jigglypuff for any amount of money with my rusty Bowser lol.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Blame Zero for forgetting to tell you guys that we went to Salem's hotel in Atlantic City, although I still apologize aswell for the issue.
We did blame Zero. And then he semi apologized to us on stream at the Michigan tournament he beat Ally. He also apologized via FB. I'm also at fault for having almost no communication with you and relying on Zero instead. Nothing ill came of it though so it's w/e.

Top Bottom