• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Miles.

Smash Champion
I rarely post, and when i do it is usually nonsense.

I plan and posting some more seeing, as how I cannot seem to drop jiggs, i believe that she is good when played right and just sooo **** fun.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Gah, you guys act like I'm leaving the boards or something D:

I'll never drop Jigglypuff, just gonna use Kirby for the matches where I shouldn't lose but somehow do.

PND

Smash Champion
I ran the timer on Ambrose, who is likely top 3 IC's in the world right now. Hells yeah she can plank.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Going from ledge to ledge isn't an issue, but she can't KEEP a ledge. MK has tools such as falling nair/uair, ledge drop to SL, and whatnot.

She can plank, but not for long.

:031:

PND

Smash Champion
She can go above and / or around easily. It's not a matter of keeping the ledge, it's forcing them to chase and you just float on by to safety, poking them if the opportunity arises. You don't NEED to keep that ledge.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Jigglypuff can also travel under the stage to grab the other ledge.

On a side note: Congratulations Su
a
Sa on becoming a mod on the Jigglypuff boards!

I know what happened in the Pika boards, eh?

Miles.

Smash Champion
Jjiggly has a hard time planking IMO.

Her aerials are slow and have a lot of ending lag (in the air, not when auto cancelled.)

Maybe its just that my roommate that I smash with the most knows jigglypuff really well.

I **** diddys in tourney when I air plank them so IDK.

its harder to plank people like GW and Marth... but then again those two matchups are hard in general.

Snake is pretty easy to plank.

DDD is pretty easy to plank too.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I ran the timer on Ambrose, who is likely top 3 IC's in the world right now. Hells yeah she can plank.
icys are pretty easy to plank since its really risky for them to chase us off level...

note to self to plank IceClimbers HELLA HARD next time....

Miles.

Smash Champion
Pokemaster, don't double post. We have an edit function. =p

Also all those in favor of "main because of pity" being closed?
i have trouble scrolling between pages on my phone. i wasnt sure if there were more post or not my phones internet can be really really slow.

and close that **** thread.

and sorry i was just rereading some posts and wanted to reply to that one.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Both his trolling AND his contributions. First thread was great, and the last thread reflected his views towards Jigglypuff.

I swear that I'm the only one that still appreciates all the work Alex has done for us.
Who dosn't appreciate what Alex has done on this board? He's done more work here than any of us, (Veril did about the same.) and he was self proclaimed 'leader of jigglypuff'.

On that post I never said he was a troll :).

That was simply a collection of his recent, greatest works.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
so mk is banned now?
if so jiggs can continue to thrive. :)
Funny; here I thought you were on the "MK is gud 4 jiggs" bandwagon. What's with the change of heart?

Also, MK being banned only applies to HOBO 17, not banned overall.

Metatitan

Smash Master
What are you talking about? It will be a good thing for us if he stays. The matchup is only 45:55.
LOL. The matchup is nowhere near even. Thinkaman if you think it's even, prove it with some footage vs a good mk player. I think its 35:65, I've heard some mk mains saying 30:70 and even 20:80. It's a character with very few options vs a character with almost limitless options.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Screw matchup ratios, I don't believe its even though. Then again, my jigglypuff isn't so great.

Metatitan said:
It's a character with very few options vs a character with almost limitless options.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
LOL. The matchup is nowhere near even. Thinkaman if you think it's even, prove it with some footage vs a good mk player. I think its 35:65, I've heard some mk mains saying 30:70 and even 20:80. It's a character with very few options vs a character with almost limitless options.
If you get him out of his ground game and into his air game its about and even fight. And with a decent throwing ability and a high priority long lasting move called pound, its not not to difficult to do so, epecially if he's playing agressive.

After you get him to use a few aireals just out space him (yes its possible) and bring up his damage.

If the matchup ratio is is going any where else it stops at 40:60; because getting past his ground game isn't as simple as I made it sound.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If you get him out of his ground game and into his air game its about and even fight. And with a decent throwing ability and a high priority long lasting move called pound, its not not to difficult to do so, epecially if he's playing agressive.

After you get him to use a few aireals just out space him (yes its possible) and bring up his damage.

If the matchup ratio is is going any where else it stops at 40:60; because getting past his ground game isn't as simple as I made it sound.
And how do you expect to force him into the air? You're jigglypuff not snake. Your ground game may as well not even exist. So not only do all his aerials outprioritize yours aside from pound (which gets extremely punishable and predictable), but his ground game outprioritizes your air game as well (F Tilt, SL OoS). Play a good mk and you'll realize how limited your options are.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
And how do you expect to force him into the air? You're jigglypuff not snake. Your ground game may as well not even exist. So not only do all his aerials outprioritize yours aside from pound (which gets extremely punishable and predictable), but his ground game outprioritizes your air game as well (F Tilt, SL OoS). Play a good mk and you'll realize how limited your options are.
You don't need a good ground game because you have useful grabs. Pound is also a useful tool in vertical launch, and on top of that it's pretty high priority and easy to land. (And punish if you don't use it right) This isn't exactly an easy task, but because you do have some options, this is 5% of the matchup in his favor.

In the air it might as well be a 50, 50, but he does out range you a bit with faster (but weaker) aireals. If this is the case, he has another 5% in his favor. 40:60 is the lowest this matchup goes because in the air you can outspace him (not with ease) and out power him with your f-air as a kill move, and drill rest. (which is still one of the most reliable ways to land rest.) By the way, rest kills him around 65% to 70%, and that is just about a safe amount to get from him while you fight him in the air.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'm no expert, but i'd say those are some of the moves that make him good.

Rest beats Tornado.
Do you know how improbable resting a mk's tornado in a real tournament match is? Not to mention if you actually do rest his nado do you think he'll use it at dangerous %'s again? Your grab game is GARBAGE compared to his ground game. Stop pulling out bull**** theorycraft that doesn't work on good mks and go play a good mk so you can realize just how bad it is.

PND

Smash Champion
I've rested through nado in a tourney match. More than once, it's actually not that hard when you get it down. Hell, I saw, firsthand, Jiggernaut win a set against Zaf's MK by killing with the rest through nado.

So def not impossible.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Do you know how improbable resting a mk's tornado in a real tournament match is? Not to mention if you actually do rest his nado do you think he'll use it at dangerous %'s again? Your grab game is GARBAGE compared to his ground game. Stop pulling out bull**** theorycraft that doesn't work on good mks and go play a good mk so you can realize just how bad it is.
:( quit being so pessimistic meta.

also i'm trying to get bowyer to attempt to beat judge with jiggs and record it. :chuckle:

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've done it a few times in friendlies, not tourney match. But it is something I'd risk doing. What's the worst that's going to happen. I'm going to get hit by a tornado that I'll SDI out of?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I've rested through nado in a tourney match. More than once, it's actually not that hard when you get it down. Hell, I saw, firsthand, Jiggernaut win a set against Zaf's MK by killing with the rest through nado.

So def not impossible.
I've done it a few times in friendlies, not tourney match. But it is something I'd risk doing. What's the worst that's going to happen. I'm going to get hit by a tornado that I'll SDI out of?
Its not a risk if you've mastered it. :)

And its such a frequent and annoying option. The player either uses it and has a risk of getting killed, or dosn't use it at all.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Nothing is a risk if you mastered it. But even then, the worst that should be happening to you is you get hit by the tornado.... lol

I still like resting DDD out of his recovery.
As to I during the lag of Bowser's down-b.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Am I the only one who's general matches (from a set) end up like this: ?

1st kill - fair
2nd kill - gimp
3rd kil - gimp

1st kill - rest
2nd kill - rest
3rd kil - gimp

1st kill - rest
2nd kill - rest
3rd kil -rest

<_<

punishing lag with rests = too good

Top Bottom