• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Not exactly sure what you mean by that. I looked it up and really couldn't find anything lol. Don't even know if that's supposed to be an insult or not XD
Kyubey is an adorable cat-like alien troll from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, or just "Madoka" for short. By no means was it an insult.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So... Jigglymaster... any advice on the Snake MU? :D
Lets see, Snake Snake Snake...

So in this matchup, Jigglypuff's grabs are like, really important in this matchup. Most snakes are used to pulling out a grenade and then shielding. If you grab and throw them upwards it will completely counter them since the grenade will not explode since uthrow's hitbox does not touch the grenade. When snake is in the air, the only thing he wants to do is get back on the ground. He either does a laggy attack coming back done or does nothing at all, basically this means you can continue to chase and shield grab him. To make this a little bit less predictable you can pretend that you are going to hit him in the air but instead you can juke him out by doing an empty hop which will cause him to do a laggy attack which you can shield grab out of.

When he's off the level go ballistic on him, but only he is not above you, if he is, just get back on the ground and continue to grab him. Since Snake is too heavy for Rest to be useful, use your other attacks to rack up enough % that F-air will be able to kill. You you could just simply gimp him that works too.

Now, the problem is, is his tilts. Utilt and Ftilt are ridiculous when it comes to range and thats what makes this matchup so hard for Jiggs, is that you have to find a way in there. You pretty much have to get lucky when you approach, try and powershield his tilt and then either grab or pound if you think he's going to try and spotdodge. Then once you have him in the air you have the advantage again, if he gets back on the ground he has the advantage. When you are at a high % and he is trying to kill you U-Tilt, he's going to, so do your best and just stay away from him and try to find any tiny opening you can, and once you get a hit GET OUT OF THERE. Rinse and repeat.

This matchup is highly in Snakes favor but if you really want to beat a good snake with Jiggs you are going to need to plank. I almost did it against Fatal at Pound 4 on RC. It was my first time trying that method though. I need to practice it more before I know if it truly works or not.

tl:dr Want to win this match? be gay and plank with da puff.

Kyubey is an adorable cat-like alien troll from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, or just "Madoka" for short. By no means was it an insult.
Alrighty then. I wasn't assuming that you were making an insult its just I had no idea what you were talking about XD

Also, I drew my own My Little Pony character for my own avatar XD

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I have no issue with planking, it's how I win most of my matches.
Air planking works with Puff too. I'm just getting used to it but I used it against M2k to win the match against him on Picochat. Seriously just pick Pico, Japes, or RC and plank with Puff and see what happens lol.

I played Wango's Jiggs once and I went G&W since its supposed to be Jiggly's worst matchup and I literally got frustrated because he was planking and I couldn't even stop it. Not to mention G&W is one of my secondaries and I should know how to fight my own main.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I air plank against Lucario, Ice Climbers and on certain stages (Rainbow Ride comes to mind).

Yeah, I personally think Jigglypuff is mad underrated. Planking makes so many of her match-ups closer to even.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I air plank against Lucario, Ice Climbers and on certain stages (Rainbow Ride comes to mind).

Yeah, I personally think Jigglypuff is mad underrated. Planking makes so many of her match-ups closer to even.
The problem is is that not many Jigglypuffs have really attempted planking. Cause I mean, whats the point in playing a low tier character if you are just going to use a gay tactic, it gets rid of the whole purpouse of having pride, but hey, somebody's got to take one for the team right?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I do it because I don't main Jigglypuff out of low tier pride or anything like that, I just do best with her and want to prove that she is much better than she is given credit for.

I guess you could say I'm doing it for notoriety, but that makes me feel bad :p

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I do it because I don't main Jigglypuff out of low tier pride or anything like that, I just do best with her and want to prove that she is much better than she is given credit for.

I guess you could say I'm doing it for notoriety, but that makes me feel bad :p
I do it because I ****ing love Jigglypuff, I main her in all three games cause shes da bess

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I wouldn't say I love any Nintendo character... I guess Link would be my favourite due to nostalgia, but I've never liked his play-style in the Smash games.

I use Luigi in Smash 64... Ice Climbers and... Fox/Falco/Bowser/Jigglypuff/Pichu/Link/Young Link/Ganondorf/Luigi :p

Brawl = Jigglypuff and Meta Knight/R.O.B./Diddy Kong/Samus/Bowser/Yoshi/Pokemon Trainer

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love love with Jigglypuff. She/he is just such a awesome character. I tend to like things that aren't supposed to be cool and make them cool.

Brawl is the only game where I have a main just as important as Jiggs which is Diddy due to the fact that Jigglypuff is such a bad character in Brawl. I actually wanted to secondary Diddy and Snake when this game first came out, I didn't choose Diddy because he was top tier, he just happened to be top tier.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Brawl Puff made me forget how to play Melee Puff. I still know how to use n64 Puff though, she's different enough from her other counterparts that I can still remember.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love love with Jigglypuff. She/he is just such a awesome character. I tend to like things that aren't supposed to be cool and make them cool. .
I hear what you're sayinhg about picking uncool things.
But i love love love jigglypuff. Almost homosexually, but luckily i play flower jigglypuff, so it's straight.

Also, nice My Little Pony av. Well drawn. I watched some of your shorts on youtube a while back, of Alex. It was good. Props man.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, I'm not in love love with Jigglypuff.
OMG UR IN LUV WITH JIGGS EWW GET A GIRLFRIEND.

/end troll/bully.

Edit: I lost to woody's jiggs to as gaw xD and I even MAINED him back then lol. But to be honest I HATE fighting jiggs and I dunno enough bout the jiggs match up eventhough I main her. I always try to avoid dittos and stuff, so yeah....

T-block

B2B TST
Brawl Jiggs doesn't mess with my Melee Jiggs at all... Brawl Marth doesn't mess with my Melee Marth at all either.

It's more like playing a lot of Brawl gets me really rusty at Melee, but there's nothing character specific.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

I hear what you're sayinhg about picking uncool things.
But i love love love jigglypuff. Almost homosexually, but luckily i play flower jigglypuff, so it's straight.

Also, nice My Little Pony av. Well drawn. I watched some of your shorts on youtube a while back, of Alex. It was good. Props man.
The full picture can be seen here http://dapuffster.deviantart.com/art/My-Little-Foxband-200888216

Edit: I lost to woody's jiggs to as gaw xD and I even MAINED him back then lol. But to be honest I HATE fighting jiggs and I dunno enough bout the jiggs match up eventhough I main her. I always try to avoid dittos and stuff, so yeah....
Lol me too, I hate Jigglypuff dittos for some reason. Maybe because I feel that I need to win them in order to my status or something idk lol. I usually try to avoid going Jiggs vs Jiggs instead I use either Diddy, Sonic, or G&W.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I love Jigglypuff dittos~ You'll never have trouble killing :awesome: Dittos so much easier if you're confident that you'll win, but don't take it too pridefully.

Woody, we need to play more puff dittos!

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
I love the game and watch match-up:>...I'm rusty as **** right now and my mind is really busy memorizing stuff ATM(job stuff, school obviously, Girlfriends Birthday/buying stuff/planning/pimpin', drivers manual, ect..)..I'll start playing again when i get all this **** done XD.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
My cat is being put to sleep today..he's going through too much pain after being attacked by a raccoon. He stopped eating and is afraid of everyone. I'll miss him so much..he slept next to me in his little cat bed almost his whole life...so many memories :'(..R.I.P

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I got yo back woody, I'll stop texting ur gf from now on <3.

And I ain't no pony nu-uh not dis kid. Ain't gonna happen.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
lol everyone should get one. Even if people don't like it, they should do it for april fools :3

Top Bottom