• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Puff is also very hard and sometimes I get ***** by bad players who use character they don't even play, Puff requires so many good reads to be good with.
yeah thats common in any figher when using a low tier character. It's annoying :glare:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
But still thought I can wreck people with Ganon or Link or even Zelda even thought I have no idea what I am doing. Then I take Puff, among my mains and I get 3 stocked. It sucks.

Ganon is supposed to suck, yet everyone knows how to play with him and they are much harder than Puff's >_>

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
That's because Ganondorf and Link don't always have to space absolutely perfectly to land hits, and Ganondorf at least can punish the mistakes of aggressive players pretty hard.

With Jigglypuff, you always have to be fully mentally alert, because apart from pound, you generally can't challenge your opponents aerials. You have to bait them and weave around them. Jigglypuff places a really high demand on your spacing, just like Link places a high demand on DIing knockback upward, and Ganondorf places a high demand on pwershielding.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So you say Puff is worse because she requires you to focus on the game? o_O

I don't think errormargin matters that much. Otherwise IC would suck as it's not rare for them to drop the grab.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
No, I didn't say she's a worse character. I said she requires a steeper learning curve. In low levels of play players are more likely to be successful with Ganondorf or Link, because their spacing does not always have to be absolutely perfect.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
That's not proper grammar.
But i agree with Doc Dre. Jigglypuff requires you're game to basically be 80% punishing as opposed to fighting.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I see. Thought it has no meaning here.
What he said ties into your post perfectly. You have more success with characters you don't play (Ganon, Zelda, Link, etc.) because they're easier to play with than Jiggs.

Assuming you meant "though" instead of "thought"..... or maybe you meant had instead of has? I can't 100% understand what you were trying to say. @.@

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Dunno I just did what Firefox said with the words! Anyways, I agree with that. Puff is hard to play, she is predictable and lacks range so you gotta be very good with her.

Ganon is just too simple to use...
Thunderstomp, mixup with other aerials like uair and bair, abuse dash attack, try to get in Geruds and spike people off the stage. If it doesn't work, you are playing against a good opponent.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
That's not proper grammar.
But i agree with Doc Dre. Jigglypuff requires you're game to basically be 80% punishing as opposed to fighting.
Ganon is 100% punishing only, and he's easier to use than Puff, according to some.

I don't get it.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
They're both punishing characters, but Ganondorf slightly less so in that you can occassionally beat out other moves with range and priority.

Jiggs is 100% punishment. Her game basically revolves around using her mobility to bait the opponent into committing to something then using an aerial to punish. Then she can run away once she has the lead.

Ganondorf is more low level friendly because you don't always need absolutely perfect spacing.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I was referring to low levels of play.

And Ganondorf doesn't always need better spacing that Jigglypuff, although it's still obviously very important. Moves like uair and iDA beat out alot of other moves, and things like WK to punish a jump, or b reversing side b don't require perfect spacing. Jigglypuff doesn't really have any moves, perhaps aside from pound when punishing a laggy commitment, where there is allowed to be margin of error in the spacing.

I stopped arguing due to the fact that I realized they were serious.
This remark reminds of me of the tier list thread in the Data and Ruleset Discussion. Every second post is some nerd posting a cynical comment like this trying to look awesome, but doing it on a video game site just makes you look like a loser. People cringe when they see gamers making comments like this.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah I agree with the point. Ganon is simple to use against low level players. Just throw smashes and tilts and gerudos and oh my you just might win! This isn't the case with Puff. You can't just take lolPuff and then beat someones main.

Well I guess I just need more practice. I hope the lowtiers I am hosting soon will help me motivate as I now actually have a reason to play Puff.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Getting good at Puff should be a reason to play her outside of low tier tourneys.

I don't see what the point of maining a high tier is if you're not good enough to be winning tournaments. If you're not going to be placing exceptionally well anyway, you might as well just pick a charcter you like and become really good with them.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Well then if you place well it's not an issue.

I just don't get why average players drop their main for higher tier charcters. It's pointless unless you're good enough to win.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Puff isn't my main, she's my second! And I am not dropping her because I can't win. I am just taking a break as she is getting boring.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
It's probably not her who is getting boring...it's probably that you've reached the peak of creativity you get with her. There are endless strategies and little things you can find with every character, but if your mind desires a particular need for a character then you will forget other aspects that need to be unlocked. Right now I'm focusing on all of the crazy things you can do on platforms and how she has multiple moves that get priority over air moves while on a platform...such as down-tilt and down-tilted f-tilt.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
^^Nonsense! I just played her yesterday and she was so fun again ^_^
Played some Puffdittos with my friend. They are actually good for dittos >_>

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why don't you come to the tourney yourself? It's pretty near to you I think.

Anyways, we have a Ganondorf main here already and we play lowtiers afterwards so I can play Puff.
And I don't play Ganon D:

I used to, but when everyone started playing him for fun then I quit and preferred Puff over Him.

Anyways, you're awesome Z1GMA :D

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
All the way to cold Finland.
I'd freeze my *** off.

I went to a offline-tourney here in Sweden two months ago.
Placed 3'rd out of 16, going all Ganon.

Lost to Snake/Sheik is semis - Beat a Kirby for the 3'rd place.

Anyways, you're awesome Z1GMA :D
. . :redface:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Come on! We have many tourneys in Finland and people have requested me to ask you too :D
It would be awesome, thought I dunno how difficult it would be to travel all the way to here.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Oh hi Jigglies, why is the only thing found on these boards about Uair a short paragraph in the guide that says "Not as good as in melee but you can still try to pseudo combo with it" and Woodman saying that you can use it against Olimar ?

I say it's time you start using it. A lot.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I use it all the time when I'm sharking. I use it at low %'s for combos, uair>grab; i dont use this one but uair>rest works as a true combo, not sure how well it works in the air. You can also use it as a kill move in the air (it actually has more knockback then mk's uair iirc) but it's kinda iffy. Juggles are cool too but sadly uair>uair is escapable even without di, but you could always read and punish. Main problem I have with uair is the hitbox is akward to hit with, and like every dair beats it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's not a true combo. It's just that it works if you get a read. If they dodge, free rest. If you don't, free rest. If you attack, move and moar uair.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well you know the "combo" stuff from training mode is bull****. And SDI exists. If it was a true combo without the use of SDI, people would start to use SDI against it. Just like drillrest. I used to do them a lot. Now I haven't got a single one for weeks.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Well you know the "combo" stuff from training mode is bull****. And SDI exists. If it was a true combo without the use of SDI, people would start to use SDI against it. Just like drillrest. I used to do them a lot. Now I haven't got a single one for weeks.
You know what I don't understand is if you had the reflexes to sdi in milliseconds, why didn't you just not get hit in the first place. Unless you were purposely baiting them, or a move with a resonable amount of hitlag/multi-hit like dair so there is time to see it coming. You only have 7 frames to SDI uair, and the average reaction time is like 12 frames. It's possible to SDI it but I think there are only a few people that would.
As for dair, even though it's totally escapable I still use it anyways because not many players actually use SDI often (at least, ones I've played..) and even if they did, if you get a trip you've got your rest. Yea it's not likely but I'd take any kill chances I can get, and dair itself is easy to land.

Also, nice job on Jigglypuff representation Mink :p

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Hey i was messin arround in training mode when i noticed it counted fthrow and dthrow as 2 hits. For dthrow there was one for 4 damage and another for 6, and for fthrow there was two hit boxes for five damage. Does that mean that each of these throws stale 2 separate moves?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
That means when you do the Dthrow or the Fthrow it is counted as two attacks on the stale/fresh move list. Much like ZSS's Usmash. Its a 12 hit move, that each hit counts to refresh her moves.

Top Bottom