• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
V did take 4th and imo he could've had at least 3rd, had an unfortunate set vs Mr. R that I honestly think he could have won.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Soooo much stuff got left at my house o.O

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Mr.R was reading me pretty badly. I know what I did wrong and I think I'll do a lot better next time, but he pretty much had me in panic mode the entire set so I don't think I would have won unless I played completely differently. He deserved his win.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Does anybody know if there's a smashfest or something going on today? My flight doesnt leave until 9pm and I'd love to have something to do besides sitting at the airport for 9 hours. :x

:005:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Mr.R was reading me pretty badly. I know what I did wrong and I think I'll do a lot better next time, but he pretty much had me in panic mode the entire set so I don't think I would have won unless I played completely differently. He deserved his win.
Wow, just realized you were the V115 player on stream. Great stuff dude, love to see you play more out of region. I was pretty impressed.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
we should start a "get V to apex" fund so he can holla holla get $

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Wow, just realized you were the V115 player on stream. Great stuff dude, love to see you play more out of region. I was pretty impressed.
Thanks. I'm planning on coming to SKTAR but I need to apply for my passport, which I will do right after this post.
we should start a "get V to apex" fund so he can holla holla get $
I plan on beating Mr.R/Leon/Glutonny at SKTAR/Apex.
That way I will officially holla holla get £

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I plan on beating Mr.R/Leon/Glutonny at SKTAR/Apex.
That way I will officially holla holla get £
mind = blown

incidentally i am loving this pink text
i always knew v was the most fabulous fella in our scene

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
passports takes 2-3 weeks =l. Most likely won't have it on time, not to discourage you.
Hmm. I've been hearing a lot of different things. My mom told me she spoke to someone who got it in 4-5 days, and other people told me it could take over a month.
On the actual application it asks when you plan on travelling, I put July 13th...maybe I'll get it before then?

Oh well. If I can't go to SKTAR then maybe I'll go to WHOBO, though that's kinda far :\

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I've been hearing a lot of different things. My mom told me she spoke to someone who got it in 4-5 days, and other people told me it could take over a month.
On the actual application it asks when you plan on travelling, I put July 13th...maybe I'll get it before then?

Oh well. If I can't go to SKTAR then maybe I'll go to WHOBO, though that's kinda far :\
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/service.aspx?lang=eng#urgent

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
v, I've been completely sleeping on you dude I watched you play in the crew battle and became instant fan. you took what? 5 stocks? after mr r trolled with just the 1 stock, you really brought it back. I was so impressed, and I also respect how you took your loss to mr r like a man, he clearly is better at the moment but you was still styling on *****s. ima start following your activity more now, and congrats on top four

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
v, I've been completely sleeping on you dude I watched you play in the crew battle and became instant fan.
Wow, thanks. I have no idea who you are but it's always nice to know that there are people rooting for me.
you took what? 5 stocks?
Yep :D
I was so impressed, and I also respect how you took your loss to mr r like a man, he clearly is better at the moment but you was still styling on *****s. ima start following your activity more now, and congrats on top four
Yup. I don't like to john, and I give credit where it's due. There's no shame in being beaten by the best/dabess/dabuz.
And thanks again.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Playing m2k was like one of the funnest brawl experiences I've had haha. also v for top 3 best zss !

clowsui

Smash Legend

i'm so PISSED mango won impulse.

that being said...

i'm so proud of you, kevin. you came closer to winning than you ever have before against the man considered to be one of the greatest players, if not THE greatest player to touch the game. i know that's not enough for you, but there will be another time. there has to be.

and on that day, you will be crowned king.

let's see you win smasher's reunion.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
im proud of you V man, gotta play you in a real match at my next tourney. well done bro.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No disrepect towards the gay community but having 100's of men walking around in buttless chaps was just wrong man. There were children at the venue for godsake.

Maybe you shouldn't have a tournament during Gay Pride. Just saying.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Next time, have two streams ready.
I said it a few times in chat, and I'm pretty sure I directed it at you one time too, we didn't have the bandwidth at the venue for two streams.

People seem to think that a 480p stream takes half the bandwidth of 720p, so if we just streamed in ****ty quality, we could run two.

1. That's not how it works

2. Why would we stream in a crappy quality

3. We only had one computer for streaming, not to mention it was a full time job to run it.

Bing

Smash Master
The setup beside the registration table was juggleguys.

Also the results will be up shortly, tin man, shard and myself are busy taking down everything in the venue and returning the TVs.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
oh.

looks like im going back to sleep then lololololo

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
Wow, thanks. I have no idea who you are but it's always nice to know that there are people rooting for me.
just a random, as u guys say but my name is nova, marth main from tennessee. and your welcome

Playing m2k was like one of the funnest brawl experiences I've had haha. also v for top 3 best zss !

I saw that, both times you died is bc u hesitated. did y'all record it? it was a hype match, could be used to hype up sktar.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I forgot my purple n64 controller near the n64 consoles. Is there any chance for me to get it back
Hmmm, I remember seeing that before I left. I asked a couple people if it was theirs but nobody seemed to know who it belonged to. I left it on the table where the LCD TV for smash 64 was so it should still be there unless someone jacked it lol.

BTW congrats to you, Nintendude, and YBombb on taking the top 3 spots. I wish you guys could have gotten better payouts, but unfortunately there was a general lack of interest in Smash 64, likely because of the late announcement date. If I ever host another Smash 64 thing with The Pizz we'll make sure to notify people well in advance so we get a better turnout.

| Big D |

Smash Master
How did Meek and M2K do in doubles?
Croi and Billybeegood were playing Meekspeedy and M2k late in bracket and like.

Game one they had a 2v1 with double Wario against M2K's DDD but they fished too hard for the dthrow infinite and died since they were both at 150%.

Game two it was Croi with one stock vs M2K with two stocks and MeekSpeedy at one.
He does his crafty Croi movements and manages to kill M2K and builds up enough damage to kill meekspeedy. Eventually it was him on the ledge with him being at 220% and M2K at 60%. He planks hard and after enough jumping M2K decides to go offstage and bair to finish it. Croi dodges it and waft stage spikes him to come back from being down 2 stocks in a 2v1.

Game 3 was hella intense, it came down to the wire but Billybeegood held onto to his last stock until 220% only getting light hit. He eventually dies to a DDD bair and it was Croi again by himself, he landed a bair on M2K and Meekspeedy was the only one left. They were both at like 150% and Croi was doing his shimmy and decides to end it on a waft.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I actually copied the Melee tio file to a usb drive before leaving the venue, so for those of you who are impatient, here's the quick singles results:

[collapse="Melee Results"]
1: Mango
2: Dr PeePee
3: Hungrybox
4: Mew2King
5: KirbyKaze
5: Vwins
7: unknown522
7: Kage the Warrior
9: Nintendude
9: RaynEX
9: SFAT