• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Sooo, I just realized something. With the fuel crisis and all, do you guys think the contestant participation will decrease? I hope not. The last thing I wanna hear are gas johns. I guess if there is chicken, more people will be motivated to come. But we still need to let people out-of-state know just what is to be expected when they get here.
yea i heard your state got roflpwned by gas. I plan to put like 3 full tanks in my trunk. That should be enough to get me from the florida border to atlanta and back

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
<Gryphon>: Is it really that bad?
Gas seems pretty plentiful (well no less than usual) in Columbus. It may not be so good between major cities though.

The bigger concern should be (with the downturn in the economy) banks closing down.
That will put a real cramper on money.

Spiral622

Smash Rookie
So how many people in the Brawl Singles/Doubles do we think? Just trying to get a visual on how large it's gonna be :)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
<Gryphon>: Is it really that bad?
Gas seems pretty plentiful (well no less than usual) in Columbus. It may not be so good between major cities though.

The bigger concern should be (with the downturn in the economy) banks closing down.
That will put a real cramper on money.
Actually Jared, he's right sorta. You were at Auburn during this, but a lot of Columbus gas stations ran out. The one by my place, and the other next to the 185 Victory Drive exit were both out for about 3 days (during the AWA weekend). Not to mention several others that I was told about.

The banks though... man... Wachovia got bought out today... I don't know the full details, but apparently their entire value dropped to near nothing, and were bought out faster than the speed of dark... now THAT is an issue I am having...... my mom's and mine saving accounts were with Wachovia.... what this means for hers and mine finances... I uh... really don't know right now. : / I might be tourny canceled for a good long while >_< I dunno, we'll see.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Actually Jared, he's right sorta. You were at Auburn during this, but a lot of Columbus gas stations ran out. The one by my place, and the other next to the 185 Victory Drive exit were both out for about 3 days (during the AWA weekend). Not to mention several others that I was told about.

The banks though... man... Wachovia got bought out today... I don't know the full details, but apparently their entire value dropped to near nothing, and were bought out faster than the speed of dark... now THAT is an issue I am having...... my mom's and mine saving accounts were with Wachovia.... what this means for hers and mine finances... I uh... really don't know right now. : / I might be tourny canceled for a good long while >_< I dunno, we'll see.
they already said all the deposits with wachovia are insured/safe, meaning you wont lose your money

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Thank god for that ^^

Well Josh I wish you guys the best. I guess I better get gas over here before I head that way this weekend. I hope its better by then at least. :(

If CB&T closes...... I just dont know about Columbus.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Eh, might as well prereg.

___

Dogysamich
SSBM, SC4, GGAC, CvS2, 3s

ah yeah yo as is mine iori a grove = sexual abuse sorry i just been dying to play u

Im deff winning all melee events.....
Me + Fullmetal are pretty much gonna **** everything in teams....
With my pichu and his marth anything is possible!!!
um no my roy owns all that oppose

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but in a "just in case" matter, build up gas like Wario never did before. It is insane down here, and I am not even exaggerating. Brawls, arguments, and car accidents galore. It's like Raccon City up in here. But on the bright side, there won't be much traffic since people are limiting driving, so you can have a smooth ride here, as long as you avoid street-long lines for gas.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Thank god for that ^^

Well Josh I wish you guys the best. I guess I better get gas over here before I head that way this weekend. I hope its better by then at least. :(

If CB&T closes...... I just dont know about Columbus.

Gas is fine over here last time i check <_<

Your name: Alpha Gundam
Put the games you want to pre-register for sign up for: Smash Brothers Melee (singles and doubles)
Any equipment (if you're bringing it) you plan on bringing besides a controller: Wii + Melee
Your hometown: Columbus, GA

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but in a "just in case" matter, build up gas like Wario never did before. It is insane down here, and I am not even exaggerating. Brawls, arguments, and car accidents galore. It's like Raccon City up in here. But on the bright side, there won't be much traffic since people are limiting driving, so you can have a smooth ride here, as long as you avoid street-long lines for gas.
LOL Raccoon City. Ya better stock up on shotguns man. I can imagine it can get pretty nuts though so good luck.

Gas is fine over here last time i check <_<
Good to hear that news at least. I hope my car is cool b/c Bill Heard Columbus closed down. :ohwell:

Nicaboy:
You <> me CVS2. Let's go.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
LOL Raccoon City. Ya better stock up on shotguns man. I can imagine it can get pretty nuts though so good luck.

Good to hear that news at least. I hope my car is cool b/c Bill Heard Columbus closed down. :ohwell:

Nicaboy:
You <> me CVS2. Let's go.
lol about time good god i better get back in practice :laugh:
I want to mm peaches. That ****ing ***** >_>
i know im amazing :)

Will_

Smash Journeyman
preregistering:

Will_

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, doubles and singles.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
So does everyone agree with the rule set on the first page? I want to make sure we are all on the same page now that we are winding down here with less than a week left for the tournament.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
I forgot if I pre-registered or not.

FullMetal

SSBM Singles+Doubles

SSBB Doubles

Suwanee, GA

Also, can anyone post (I'm sure its been posted before, but I sure couldnt' find it) the TIMES for each tournament's start?

I only need the times for Melee singles/doubles and brawl doubles.

Also, who wants MMs at this?
=D

nice1

Smash Lord
I forgot if I pre-registered or not.

FullMetal

SSBM Singles+Doubles

SSBB Doubles

Suwanee, GA

Also, can anyone post (I'm sure its been posted before, but I sure couldnt' find it) the TIMES for each tournament's start?

I only need the times for Melee singles/doubles and brawl doubles.

=D
hmmmmm........ nigg@ i want some of that marth cuz i only got ***** by him in one set at FL. i want a rematch until i win.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Preregistering?

Reflex, for Brawl Singles and Brawl Doubles.

Taking money matches~

Will_

Smash Journeyman
If we're not going to have catering, door fee should be reduced.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
If we're not going to have catering, door fee should be reduced.
Truth. I was also wondering about the entry fee for the lesser tourneys like Arcana Heart and Soul Calibur. I can't see why it would be the same price as the actual tournaments, if I am not mistaken about the prices. Some of us may want something free to do, since we can't eat wings. :(

But I'm no crybaby. I will deal with whatever you got for me. I was just wondering, is all

P.S. By "free" I meant something to do while we are waiting, not "free" as in freeload. lol

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Get amazing with Falcon cause he is good against Peach and stuff.
6-4 Peaches Favor, but 7-3 in Falcons favor when youre having fun xD

If you are serious, I will do one for a dollar. I might do more but it depends on money.
Im very seriouus. I hate Peach. That ***** is gonna eat lasers and knees.

=D
Yo foo we didnt mm at TO3 @_@

]Also I need a doubles partner >:]

Milln

Smash Champion
What restaurants/fast food restaurants are around here that all the cool kids can hang out at after the tourny and just chill?

Top Bottom