• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impact Clash II Brawl & Melee tourney October 11, 2008 @ GA World Congress Atlanta GA

Saltix

Smash Lord
At this point I'm going to be attending

Name:OcTIx
Tag:Mika
Games:SSBB 2v2 and 1v1
Equip:Wii, SSBB, SSBM, and PS2 if needed.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I agree with someone who said it previously. If we're not doing catering, I don't think the entry fee should be that particularly high.
I'm going to second that. How are you guys justifying a 20 dollar entry fee?
Seconded THIRDED. Also, if this really is necessary because of the expensive amount paid for the venue, then we all got screwed, as I'm sure that there's a better place somewhere, even if it isn't top-tier professional. =/

EDIT: You see what I did there.
Well the venue is in downtown Atlanta, GA at the World Congress Center. So, that's why the venue is priced at what it is. And again, I told you guys that if you bring equipment that you can knock the price down. If you bring a VCR we can use at the tournament to record footage you get half off. I am sure all of you have a VCR laying around that you can bring along with you to the tournament. Bring a PS2 (which everyone of you has) and you get half off. Bring a Dreamcast and you get half off. If you bring a television, you get free entry. Bring a Wii and Brawl, free entry. There's quite a bit of breaks I am giving here on the entry fee for those who want it.

As for the catering food, it won't be in the actual venue itself. What I am trying to work out is a one hour intermission (break from the tournament) in which everyone can go across the street to the CNN Center's food court and we will have food there for everyone to eat for that one hour and come back to finish playing in the tournament. But as far as food in the actual room, that is what I will be unable to do. Having food at the actual room would be "catered" food. Having food across the street would not be catering but just, well, I'm short of the word to call it but it wouldn't be catering. Good questions guys and I completely understand where you are coming from.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I don't want to dish out $80 to have me and my bro enter brawl singles/doubles where only half of that is going to the actual pot.

I just hope I can get a ride to this.

EDIT: bringing in a setup exempts you from the door fee or the specific event entry fee? Because if it's the latter, then we have pot problems ;_;

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yes, I don't want to dish out $80 to have me and my bro enter brawl singles/doubles where only half of that is going to the actual pot.

I just hope I can get a ride to this.

EDIT: bringing in a setup exempts you from the door fee or the specific event entry fee? Because if it's the latter, then we have pot problems ;_;
I believe it's door fee.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i want to preregister two people that are coming with me

Name: Acorn & Robbie
Games: SSBB 1vs1 and 2vs2 (they're both doing each event probably)

im coming in a car full of four people. I already posted way back on page 1 that wed bring stuff, but just to be clear, between us we'll have:
-2 wiis w/ brawl
-1 TV
-1 VCR

so that means 3 of us get free entry and one gets half off, right?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's the door fee. That's nothing I can do about the actual pot fee though. But like I said, there are several people who've taken advantage of these entry fee breaks I've been providing. At the last Impact Clash about 30-40 people bought equipment and got in free or at reduced costs. Like I said before, I am sure you guys have some kind of equipment you could bring and if all else fails you can bring a VCR and get half off. I am in desperate need of VCRs that actually work and turn on to the input station as you can't really find them anywhere anymore. Not DVD Recorders (which cause lag) but actual old school VCRs.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
i want to preregister two people that are coming with me

Name: Acorn & Robbie
Games: SSBB 1vs1 and 2vs2 (they're both doing each event probably)

im coming in a car full of four people. I already posted way back on page 1 that wed bring stuff, but just to be clear, between us we'll have:
-2 wiis w/ brawl
-1 TV
-1 VCR

so that means 3 of us get free entry and one gets half off, right?
Yes, you are correct. So in total all four of you would be paying $10 to get in total as opposed to not bringing in anything and paying $80 to get in. You can take from these guys' example and do the same thing. It'd be different if it was $20 no matter what. However, I have given breaks to those who want/need them. Lastly, make sure you bring a coaxial cable along with that VCR .

Milln

Smash Champion
Mine is waived, I was just thinking about everyone else's attendance and to raise awareness that they can get around it.

My DVD Recorder doesn't seem to cause frame delay when hooked up to a regular non-flatscreen tv, do you still want me to bring it? If not, i'll just pack a random VCR and some coax.

How's the parking? X3

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yes, you are correct. So in total all four of you would be paying $10 to get in total as opposed to not bringing in anything and paying $80 to get in. You can take from these guys' example and do the same thing. It'd be different if it was $20 no matter what. However, I have given breaks to those who want/need them. Lastly, make sure you bring a coaxial cable along with that VCR .
If i had a VCR, and a Coaxial cable, whats the process to get the video to youtube?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wait, why cant i use AV cables? AV cables going from the wii to the VCR and another set going from the vcr to the TV should record fine, or so i thought?

and coming from central florida, i'd say we need the breaks XD

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
If i had a VCR, and a Coaxial cable, whats the process to get the video to youtube?
Well if you have a TV tuner card on your computer basically all you'd do is hooked up the VCR through coaxial or A/V to the computer through the TV tuner card and record the footage on to your computer. From there, you can capture it on the computer and upload it to youtube (which my crew and I plan on doing). That's why we are in need of VCRs. Simply because DVD recorders lag when you record while playing through them while VCRs do not. The problem, VCRs are very hard to locate and purchase. The only ones you'll find are VCR/DVD combos which are higher priced due to having a DVD player within it. That's why I must rely on you all for these VCRs so we can record everything and upload it to the internet by the most reasonable means possible which would be by VCR.

Last time I did this but I had two huge problems.

1. The matches were being recorded but no one wrote down who was who in the battles. It made it very difficult to tell who was playing who.

2. People didn't bother to see if it was recording before they began their tournaments or to turn off the recording when they used the units for free play while waiting for someone else who was playing another game to play at the station they were at.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
wait, why cant i use AV cables? AV cables going from the wii to the VCR and another set going from the vcr to the TV should record fine, or so i thought?

and coming from central florida, i'd say we need the breaks XD
Yeah, it can be done that way as well. Whichever ones you are comfortable with. The quality would be better with A/V cables as well. Either are fine.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I believe it's door fee.
Rock on. Count me in for a complete brawl setup then.

Is there any difference to bringing a TV along with the wii + copy of brawl? Or would I just get the same reduction for bringing wii+brawl?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
No difference, but if you plan on bringing both and say you had a friend both of you would get in free. Since it works Wii + Brawl = Free or TV alone = Free. So like Game Dragon X has done even if that's all his equipment he is bringing is his own he still gets his crew in free for having those items.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Well if you have a TV tuner card on your computer basically all you'd do is hooked up the VCR through coaxial or A/V to the computer through the TV tuner card and record the footage on to your computer. From there, you can capture it on the computer and upload it to youtube (which my crew and I plan on doing). That's why we are in need of VCRs. Simply because DVD recorders lag when you record while playing through them while VCRs do not. The problem, VCRs are very hard to locate and purchase. The only ones you'll find are VCR/DVD combos which are higher priced due to having a DVD player within it. That's why I must rely on you all for these VCRs so we can record everything and upload it to the internet by the most reasonable means possible which would be by VCR.

Last time I did this but I had two huge problems.

1. The matches were being recorded but no one wrote down who was who in the battles. It made it very difficult to tell who was playing who.

2. People didn't bother to see if it was recording before they began their tournaments or to turn off the recording when they used the units for free play while waiting for someone else who was playing another game to play at the station they were at.
Where do I get a tuner card? and Thank you :)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Where do I get a tuner card? and Thank you :)
You can buy them at Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. They aren't very expensive. They even have USB TV Tuner cards. They aren't very expensive at all nor difficult to install. That's the best way I can tell you to capture footage and upload it online in the easiest way possible.

oh hey bears are scary is bringing a TV sign him up for that
No problem, I have the list written down and it will be at the tournament. Basically as long as you come with the equipment you're in free if you have any problems just ask for "Magnicious". Just remember I need all of this equipment by 11:00 a.m. in my room. After that I wouldn't be able to honor any equipment. So make sure you get it there before then.

And again, guys there's going to be food there. Just not in the actual room. Remember at 3 p.m. we'll have to walk across the street to eat the catering food at the CNN Center (which is a short walk away) and then we'll resume the tournament at around 3:30 or so. The huge reason why the catering was cancelled to begin with is because the GWCC didn't allow outside food. So, I would've had to sneak it in. This could've caused anything from fines for me in particular to them cancelling my venue if i was caught. So, therefore, I came up with a solution to solve this problem. So yes, there will be food but not catering food in the sense of the food being in the actual room.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
omnomnom Atlantic South Drama. oh how id forgotten about you.

Ill be riding up with Infi-tan JMOAN and Whatever Redninja's new name is.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Apparently there's a chance of me, Ryan (HunterSFL), Steven (Icekid), Matt (Afro Thundah/Leh) and Peter (FlashMetroid) going to this.

Hi, we're from SFL, and we've come to take your money.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
In the least competitive game there? sounds good.

Pre reg me for melee uh, singles and possibly doubles if anyone wants to doubley double

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
All I want to know is that you'll play me for $100 on Saturday. A simple yes/no will do.

I will gladly stop the entire tournament to play you on video in front of the entire world at any time. I'm pretty sure this will be the highest stakes Smash MM in all of GA history.

If I were a pu$$y, would I do this?
Yes you would still be a pu$$y, Because we both know you wouldn't do that. Oh and trust me I will definitely show you how big of a pu$$y you are this saturday.

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
nobody likes you, and you are the biggest running joke in atlantic south history.

Everyone can agree here, if there is one person that we could name that embodies ***** @ssness, it would be you (they guy who seems so obsessed by it).

I dont understand the idea of making fun of someone's looks when you're sporting the most ridiculous haircut anyone could imagine. If you didnt look like such a god ****ed ignorant fool I might be a bit more hurt by being called chubby. Even if you were, I'm older than 12, so you're carefully crafted argument shatters beneath maturity. GG.

I like you're idea that people who defend someone else are automatically homosexual. What kind of response is that?

"Wait, you've been talking all this trash but you're the one who's ducked out of money matches against Elliot in Brawl and against MarsFool! in MvC2."

"well lol ur gay."

great job.

nobody wants you to post. ever.
Man a bunch of Nerds that play smash bros and blog all day dont like me... my life is over*

Oh a haircut joke considering i cut of my mohawk like 6 months ago R.i.p. Unlike you I have the balls to try new and sometimes unconventional things. When you leave the little bubble your in and actually get a social life you'll find out it pays off to step out of the norm. Girls loved the mohawk. I know thats odd to you considering no girl will touch or talk to you. Lol!

You should really find out what bi)tch As)sness means. If a square like you wore the shirt you would get clowed all day. I could care less if you dont like it. Lots of others do. Its funny That shirt cost more than you entire outfit. And at least my shirts fit. It looks like you shop in the infants section at wal mart.

Me running joke? one of the first thing i heard in the smash community was and i quote " You know Xif? He cries when he loses. He's a pu$$y." And that was from someone with mad respect in the Smash community. Lol!

I ducked on Elliot... Lol!
I ducked on marsfool when he didnt say a word to me when i saw him, but we squashed that. So your attempt to get us beefing again wont work.

No your a homosex)ual because you wear tight shirts and choose to hang around guys all day. Lol!

It shows you have no life that you sifted through months of posts to get comment of me and Marsfool in a feeble attempt to have us at each others throats... 100% B)itch A(ssness

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I ducked on marsfool when he didnt say a word to me when i saw him, but we squashed that. So your attempt to get us beefing again wont work.
So yeah, he yelled out at you to money match him at marvel at AWA and you straight up backed the fvck out of the free play room.

'***** @ssed" out. get out of here. I wish you only understood how little respect your words get from any of us.

My only purpose here is to show what a "***** ***" you are, by simply proving what a god ****ed liar you are.

God using "***** ***" is going to give me an aneurysm soon, it's such an intellectually bereft term, I can hardly stand using it to make fun of you.

Enjoy "clowing" me.

PS: Shirts going down to your knees isn't my definition of fits, but I'm not here to make fun of what you wear, since that isn't an issue. Haircuts? I will make fun of that, because you try to justify it by saying you try out new and exciting things, which is a BS way to say "wow that was a really dumb idea, I better rectify that." I could go to a tournament with corn rolls and say I'm trying something new and exciting, but that'd still make me an idiot.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Yes you would still be a pu$$y, Because we both know you wouldn't do that. Oh and trust me I will definitely show you how big of a pu$$y you are this saturday.
You can talk all the sh*t you want about me for forever, I don't care.

All I care about is the MM, and that post sounds like a yes?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
i wanna see this MM between Kong and Elliot go down. it's been in the works for SO long.

Name : Marty Osborne
Tag : GA Peach / Nanaya Shiki
Games to enter : ST, GGXX, SSBM, AH
Equipment : PS2 with all games that would be on PS2 and at this tournament. Also a TV for HD systems.
lol funny story i played the guy who won the last arcana heart tourny and i beat him in a couple of matches he played kaumi or w.e her name is and i went fiona bottom line marty i here by request casuals with you:chuckle: im so much better than when we first played seeing as now i know how this game works lol my fiona your mei fang or w/e her name is.

@ ko king pin you and me sir have a score to settle i aspect to see you there 11 am sharp :psycho:

@ everything else lol

SleepyK

Ugh, drama. People need to know when to man up and when to back down.

Anyway, I be needin' a teamsies.

SleepyK

i will man up with you xD
no homo or is it mind games shawty
**** i really cant wait any longer imma explode i want melee now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rofl, AWWWW YEAAAH

hmm, nica, don't you live someplace downtown? I could possibly pick you up along with Umby on wednesday for Waba smash thing.
Is your scenario the same as his in that I'd merely have to drop you off at a marta station?

Top Bottom