• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm... Tired of this crap.

NNID
Budget_Player
I'm sorry, but as someone who has watched people get beat by players they are clearly better than simply because of how polarizing Metaknight is, you'll get no sympathy from me.
You mean players who knowingly and intentionally went into horrible matchups and got their ***** handed to them (something that could've happened against most of A tier), or players who went into fairly decent matchups and got outplayed? :glare:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fairly decent matchups, against meta knight? You mean .... snake, falco or diddy?
Man, do you even play this game?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You mean players who knowingly and intentionally went into horrible matchups and got their ***** handed to them (something that could've happened against most of A tier), or players who went into fairly decent matchups and got outplayed? :glare:
Peach has exactly 3 MUs that could be called counters. Two of those MUs are completely winnable, the other is Metaknight.

Metaknight is far too polarizing a character. He completely invalidates numerous characters who are either borderline or completely viable without him, including Toon Link, Peach, and even debatably King Dedede. And before Dedede himself as a polarizing force is brought up, Dedede invalidates exactly 1 character who otherwise would be (somewhat) viable, and that's Donkey Kong. Every other character which Dedede destroys has other equally or far more crippling MUs than Dedede.

That said I also support the banning of our infinites, so yeah.

As to answer your question, no, he didn't go into a horrible MU and get his *** handed to him. He went into a horrible MU, nearly won, but lost because whereas MK can make plenty of mistakes and be fine, most other characters will get thoroughly ***** for the smallest of errors against the character. This is a character where most of the time your best option still puts you in a bad position, a character who beats every character in the game except arguably one (Pikachu, I don't buy Falco or Diddy going even), a character with not one but two broken and nearly unpunishable specials.

When you're playing a character who nearly everyone acknowledges gives a very large advantage, don't expect your match to be hype.

NNID
Budget_Player
Peach has exactly 3 MUs that could be called counters. Two of those MUs are completely winnable, the other is Metaknight.

Metaknight is far too polarizing a character. He completely invalidates numerous characters who are either borderline or completely viable without him, including Toon Link, Peach, and even debatably King Dedede. And before Dedede himself as a polarizing force is brought up, Dedede invalidates exactly 1 character who otherwise would be (somewhat) viable, and that's Donkey Kong. Every other character which Dedede destroys has other equally or far more crippling MUs than Dedede.
Dedede gets ***** by Falco, ICs, and has a pretty ****ty matchup against a few others. Both TL and Peach are borderline inviable with or without him.

As to answer your question, no, he didn't go into a horrible MU and get his *** handed to him. He went into a horrible MU, nearly won, but lost because whereas MK can make plenty of mistakes and be fine, most other characters will get thoroughly ***** for the smallest of errors against the character. This is a character where most of the time your best option still puts you in a bad position, a character who beats every character in the game except arguably one (Pikachu, I don't buy Falco or Diddy going even), a character with not one but two broken and nearly unpunishable specials.

When you're playing a character who nearly everyone acknowledges gives a very large advantage, don't expect your match to be hype.
Gee, that's nice. You know what? I went into a pretty decent matchup against a character who punishes mistakes really brutally (ZSS; literally every error I made was followed by Dtilt/Utilt into, if I was lucky, only two or three uairs) against a player who is known for ****** the top MKs in the country, and damn near won. You want to tell me that using MK invalidates the hype when this guy wrecked some of the best MKs in not just the country, but the next two or three countries as well, and regularly places top 8 at major internationals? :glare: Furthermore, you seem to be forgetting a couple of things:
1. We effectively didn't have RC or Brinstar (or Frigate, because he always banned it)
2. Fox, Olimar, and Marth do pretty damn well in this ruleset and metagame.
3. Falco and Diddy go even with MK on neutrals, and I had about one counterpick per extended set, and that was delfino.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't you want RC and brinstar legal?
So now you're using the opposite criteria to fuel your arguments?

NNID
MasterHavik
Dude...I dealt with the same thing when I played Sc4 and main Algol. Just move on and learn another character like I did. I actually learned tow characters to be exact.( Talim & StarKiller).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, that's not how it works at all.
"Meta Knight is completely fine in a game that I despise and actively oppose!!!!"

Make up your mind. This is the type of stuff that would make you go into drunken rages for 20 paragraphs.

Laem

Smash Champion
"Meta Knight is completely fine in a game that I despise and actively oppose!!!!"

Make up your mind. This is the type of stuff that would make you go into drunken rages for 20 paragraphs.
I don't really understand why it can't work like that honestly. MK is not fine when he has RC and Brinstar, he is fine without those stages....

NNID
Budget_Player

I support RC as legal, but as said: our current metagame has neither stage legal or selectable, so we can ignore them for the purposes of this discussion.

Hey look B, I found you support group. I'm sure they will relate to your character QQing.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142
...:glare:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Dedede gets ***** by Falco, ICs, and has a pretty ****ty matchup against a few others.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. We do not get "*****" by Falco, it's very much only a slight advantage for him since we usually have to approach him and Falco is really strong when he forces the approach. Icies is highly debatable. Every other character we lose to is -1 at worst.

Also by that logic, Falco is nonviable. After all, he gets ***** by Pikachu and Ice Climbers.

Both TL and Peach are borderline inviable with or without him.
Semantics. borderline inviable = borderline viable. It's the same border, after all.

Laem

Smash Champion
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. We do not get "*****" by Falco, it's very much only a slight advantage for him since we usually have to approach him and Falco is really strong when he forces the approach. Icies is highly debatable. Every other character we lose to is -1 at worst.

Also by that logic, Falco is nonviable. After all, he gets ***** by Pikachu and Ice Climbers.

Semantics. borderline inviable = borderline viable. It's the same border, after all.
You're dumb. Gtfo.

@ ghostbone: No, he doesn't.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That was just me raging. The MU really is no worse than a -1, I'm just bad in it. I mean I lost to a Falco with Pikachu, does that mean that Pikachu loses to Falco?

Luigi player

Smash Master
yeah it's really gay some of those same people didn't want me to go to one of their tourneys lol (even though I don't even play MK :0).

but yeah like, if youre doing well, you're just proving their point even more. maybe you really should try to pick up a 2nd (It's fun :D). It can't hurt. but maybe they'll ***** about that one too then :/

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Every scene has mediocre players who ***** about people using top tiers or tactics. Our old Melee days had them too ("bawwwww Peach downsmash") and in a way I'm glad those people ended up quitting, because they're doing themselves and their scene a disservice and contribute to an overall bad atmosphere. It seems like the Brawl community in general has a lot of people with a bad mindset, but that's sadly one of the least of its problems right now. I could write an entire blog about the deplorable state of the community. Regardless, the American approach to MK apparently gives people an excuse to complain about that character in Europe. I've personally had more people tell me my Snake and Dedede are gay, but it's kind of similar. The people who say that and are actually serious about it usually aren't good and you should ignore them or mock them until they shape up or ship out. If you want to keep improving and have a good time in the community, associate yourselves with people who matter and put time/effort into the game. I hope for your sake that those people are still left in Germany, as they're quickly moving from being a very strong country to a collective of scrubaderps with no tournaments.

People who come in here to reignite the ban discussion don't know anything about Europe and should not embarrass themselves further.

Yikarur

Smash Master
it's not about banning MK.
you know I'm pro ban but I would never boo at you for playing MK.
no one should do that.
If MK is allowed it's their "fault" for losing to him.
I'm a bit shocked about your post and how they treated you.
Thats foolish disrespect and I hate that so much :/
don't want to be in your skin.

Jasou

Smash Ace
And then get dominated by Fox, Falco, Marth, and Sheik? :troll:
Even though these characters are broken in most areas, at least fox and falco(yes I main fox and falco. with some doc) fall fast so there are lots of effective combos you can do on them and falco = gimp bait if you don't play smart. Another point is that the consistency rate for fox is low, but some players can manage it.

Fox and falco are definitely broken offensively, but have more combos that work on them so it is more fair.

and about marth and sheik, I do hate them because I haven't played enough to fight them effectively. But that's just me /opinions

Laem

Smash Champion
Then again, no one cares about what you think.
Maybe i should just put you on ignore and only view post when people are actually responding to anything you say.

Not bad BPC, punishing quik's stupidity is far from an MK-specific attribute.

Steam

Smash Hero
It's not a huge deal to have to pick up a non mk secondary... A lot of non mk mains have to do it to stand a chance against your character.

I wouldnt actively boo anyone (except one top player in particular because he's an ***) but I usually root against mk in my head because I've seen mk win way too much.

:phone:

Laem

Smash Champion
Hmm, "Gtfo" may just be the only abbreviation that nets you a warning. Interesting. And unfortunate, cuz i quite like the sound of it :(

crifer

Smash Lord
What the **** is wrong with you BPC?
It´s like only two people who booed at you and that were people from your crew.
you´re making it look like the whole german community hates you because you play mk, which brings people like strong bad to say "german community sux" and stuff like that.

You´re bringing the german to community into a gerneralization which si really bllusith from yourself and I´m really offended by that right now.
Think about it. The Top7 (except maybe G-man) never said anything about "oh cadet is so gay and he does not earn his wins truly."
Quik said like "you played smarter than staco", idk about bilo. raven said you got really good, I say that you really improved a lot, Nek also accepts you. And It was not like you beat us by a clear margin. Raven should have beat you without that SD, I beat you first game which was not official because of misunderstandings and could beat you the second game. Nek played really well against you and took of games off you, too.

So please, stop talking **** about the german community if some jerks are around.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Budget_Player
What the **** is wrong with you BPC?
It´s like only two people who booed at you and that were people from your crew.
you´re making it look like the whole german community hates you because you play mk, which brings people like strong bad to say "german community sux" and stuff like that.

You´re bringing the german to community into a gerneralization which si really bllusith from yourself and I´m really offended by that right now.
Think about it. The Top7 (except maybe G-man) never said anything about "oh cadet is so gay and he does not earn his wins truly."
Quik said like "you played smarter than staco", idk about bilo. raven said you got really good, I say that you really improved a lot, Nek also accepts you. And It was not like you beat us by a clear margin. Raven should have beat you without that SD, I beat you first game which was not official because of misunderstandings and could beat you the second game. Nek played really well against you and took of games off you, too.

So please, stop talking **** about the german community if some jerks are around.
I said on the first page that this was an overly emotional response posted shortly after winning against Bilo, you know, shortly before I ended up playing round 1 with snake, and then going downstairs and crying for about 15 minutes trying to cool myself down. Part of what really ticked me off was the way Bilo reacted when he lost–he was *****ing quite angrily about MK. Not about how I'm better than him, not that I know the wario matchup, not that I somehow figured him out in the day between when he whupped my *** in friendlies and the day where I beat him soundly in bracket, but Metaknight. He later apologized, and I understand that he was having the same emotional reaction to losing to me that, say, I had against the reaction of people like Axel or him.

Did I overreact? Yeah, but I genuinely felt that way. Is this sentiment rare within the german community? Somehow I doubt it. I mean, even looking in the thread after Oktoberfest, Kunai posts "Wow, did Cadet suddenly get way better or is MK even more broken than we thought?"

I also did not claim that I beat you by a wide margin. That "3-stock your weird pocket characters" was directed at Bilo (remember, this was right after my win against him, and that went just a little bit sour).

But you're right. I really should edit the OP. And I did. I apologize to the rest of the german scene.

You did well in that set! You improved, really. But evenish, you sure? :awesome:
Don't forget the real Grand Finals, the **** in crewbattle and the moneymatch against :samusbrawl:. The other two sets you talking are based on a random ruleset.
WSF APEX bracket is mostly what I'm referring to. It got progressively better. I even said later in the thread that "evenish" was pushing it. I didn't go even with you, but I did pretty decently, no?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Okay, this got weird rather quickly. You seem to have some emotional issues and probably shouldn't care so much about the opinions of others. =/

Top Bottom