• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'll talk about Roy anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
He'll ruin us all!

Fortunately, the founding fathers thought of this situation. The electoral colleges can still save us!

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Actually, it'd be more likely that Obama would be for Brawl, what with his emphasis on change.
Also, Obama is for making everything an equal playing field. He would hate Melee, because the pros just feast on the casuals and n00bs without mercy. He would initiate a AT tax that would tax those who use ATs. Brawl would obviously be better in his eyes, because it doesn't take nearly as much talent to succeed, and things like tripping and other equilizers would make the game much more fair for everyone than wavedashing and other Melee ATs do.

HiIH

Smash Lord
For the record... once you turn Roy into GOLD ROY, he goes up a few places on the tier list.

No lie. Just SEEING Gold Roy drives your opponents into an uncontrollable fear to wavedash to the edge, only the power of Gold Roy interferes with their fingers just enough to Azendash off the edge to their death. If they then proceed to go onto the offensive, Gold Roy will set their nerves off so much, tech skill will be all but impossible. Double lasers become one. SHL's seem to go flying over your head. Waveshines become dodgeshines. JC'd grabs become either jumps or dash grabs. You think I'm joking... but the insane power of Gold Roy has just begun to be unlocked.

With proper attention, it is possible to make JUST Gold Roy top tier, while green, blue, and red roy get left in the dust. Why do you think that you can't make a Gold Roy in teams? Because two of them working together would be such an unstoppable force of cluster****-ery that the designers had to take out the "yellow" team option. It was either that, or else tripping would have been forced into the game...

In fact, it is a well known fact that the fragment of code in Brawl that is tied to Roy is essential in tripping! I heard that a video was found recording the early development process of Brawl. With (Gold) Roy and Metaknight coded up, the designers did a test, ready to duplicate melee's mechanics. Suddenly, Metaknight tripped. Confused, the designers decided to give an intrinsic buff to Metaknight to avoid Tripping. Nothing they did worked, and eventually Metaknight became as you know him today. Roy was eventually taken out to get rid of tripping, but Sakurai, in a mad delight, took the essentialness of Gold Roy and put tripping back in. Too lazy to give a ****, they just finished the game.

Which you have also just lost.

HiIH

Smash Lord
O_O

that was interesting, Gold Roy ftw!
Glad you can see the light.
lol. some people might be more scared of a Gold Roy but i don't think that makes him anywhere near unstoppable....
I didn't say unstoppable, just top tier.

I heard a rumor that Gold Roy makes people's heads explode. Is this true?
Well, he does blow people's minds.

I like green Roy better.
:(
= ( I can't help that Gold Roy has the power.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone here really good at roy's DED (Over B combo). Becuase i'm super good with Roy but i stink at the rythm of the 4 attacks. So can anyone like sound out the rythm for me or something? IT would really help me out. The only way i can do it atleast up to the 3rd attack is to hit L in between the B hits. I'm sure there is a better way of doing this. So plz comment...

HiIH

Smash Lord
Zeonix said:
HiIH: You siad that 2 gold roys were unstoppable in a 2v2. Lol...
But you can't do a double Gold Roy, hence he's not unstoppable.

EDIT-Start it with B, and then start using the A button. I think that works and how I do it, but I'm unsure.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/Roy_frames_11.6.05.txt
-------------------------------------
Double Edged Dance

--F1
Total: 29
Hit: 6-8
Window for the next move: 8-26

--F2
Total: 40
Hit: 14-16
window for the next move: 17-33

--U2
Total: 40
Hit: 12-15
Window for the next move: 17-32

--F3
Total: 46
Hit: 11-14
Window for the next move: 16-37

--U3
Hit: 13-17
Window for the next move: 18-37

--D3
Hit: 16, 18, 20, 22
Window for the next move: 23-35

--F4
Total: 50
Hit: 23-26

--U4
Total: 50
Hit: 20-25

--D4
Total: 60
Hit: 13-15, 19-21, 25-27, 31-33
37-38
-------------------------------------
Any questions?

Also for the record, the 3 team color Roys are the best. Neo, Sethlon and I are proof of this. Gold Roy is at best mediocre.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I don't think I've ever lost to a Y. Link with my Roy, xD. <3 Dair spammers...they make it so easy. Um, they go kinda even, but I feel it's in Roy's favor in all honesty. Sure, Y. Link has the projectile game, but like any character with them, if you know how to get around it, you can own. I <3 both and play both. I think Roy has the advantage slightly as a better character.

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't think I've ever lost to a Y. Link with my Roy, xD. <3 Dair spammers...they make it so easy. Um, they go kinda even, but I feel it's in Roy's favor in all honesty. Sure, Y. Link has the projectile game, but like any character with them, if you know how to get around it, you can own. I <3 both and play both. I think Roy has the advantage slightly as a better character.

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"
Dair spammers don't count as real Young Link's. That's just an idiot with a sword. :/

rhan

Smash Hero
Whatever, Roy has fire.

and a ****in gold outfit.
Young Link has fire

AND spiky hair.
And a kickass hat.

Well, that's just one type of Y. Link...I'm just saying that those are the most fun to fight with Roy, xD. I've fought others, too. Dair spammers = easy prey for Roy. Other kinds are a bit harder.
Noob Young Link's are nothing. It's not even entertaining to fight them. :/

Decent Young Link's are fun to fight and watch.

HiIH

Smash Lord
What the hell? Roy is being considered for the ph1r3 tier! Get that ****ty young link **** outta here.

rhan

Smash Hero
Roy's fire isn't as great as Young Link's! :3

He has teh flame spike! Roy just has the ****ty blazer. :p

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Roy's fire isn't as great as Young Link's! :3

He has teh flame spike! Roy just has the ****ty blazer. :p

Roy also has teh flame spike. it happens when they get out of up smash at the wrong time

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
And doesn't at least one of roy's Dancing Blade hits spike and light them on fire?

Seriously you can say anything about Y. Link being better than roy and this point and I won't really care... well maybe... but if you want to say that he is the fire lord then you have to be either drunk or on drugs, Roy has how many move involving fire opposed to Y.links 3 moves? (Dair spike, bomb, arrow... anything else?)

HiIH

Smash Lord
Arrows and Bombs don't count. Fire Spike?

Roys got usmash, the ending of his forward B combos, his counter, his upsmash, his Up+B, and... dude... red ****in hair.

Come on.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Noob Young Link's are nothing. It's not even entertaining to fight them. :/

Decent Young Link's are fun to fight and watch.
Actually it is...especially when you get their hopes up, xD. The other ones are the guys that after you tell them to quit it, they don't listen. I avoid doing stupid things to punish easy moves, but when they are insistent...welllll, yeah, xD.

Me: Dude...stop spamming down air
Kid: Why? it's working....
Me: No it's not....
Kid: I just hit you...it's working
Me: Would you like me to show you WHY it's not going to work? I've been really nice up to this point.
Kid: You can't stop it
Me: Okay....

Yeah....I stopped it so many times it wasn't even funny, xD.

Kid: What the heck!? why won't it work?
Me: I told you...are you gonna stop now?
Kid: No!
Me: Oh brother....now I'll beat you horridly just to prove my point.

They're annoying, but it's funny to watch them try something that won't work repeatedly. That was a while back, though. Nowadays I don't fight Y. Links that do that. I still find them outrageously fun....or rather funny to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom