• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'll talk about Roy anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Gamestop? EB Games?

They usually have GC controllers used or new there. :/

Edit: I'm also referring to the non-generic controllers.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
sorry the loest priced or bad wireless controls for $19.99 at some gamestops don;t buy them!!!!!! they suck for melee you may just start grabing for no reason after a month of useing it sorry i am soo sorry have you tried target the clone of walmart its the link to the young link better grabs

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
you guys need to go to SMYM 9 in Il, in february. I'll be going and defying all logic and going Roy and hopefully getting top 32. this will be a huge event
Where is this? I'd make a Ganon/mario/kirby/roy appearance if I could.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
sorry the loest priced or bad wireless controls for $19.99 at some gamestops don;t buy them!!!!!! they suck for melee you may just start grabing for no reason after a month of useing it sorry i am soo sorry have you tried target the clone of walmart its the link to the young link better grabs
yeah i know i tried them when they first came out and they suck...dont worry wires all the way.:laugh:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'll talk about Melee every day.
Fixed.

I'm such a naive Brawl noob. You might all hate me for this. I just discovered how ****ing amazing Melee is. I've been saying Melee for life for awhile, but today I'm just really doing good. :p It's odd.

I'M SUCH A NOOB.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Fixed.

I'm such a naive Brawl noob. You might all hate me for this. I just discovered how ****ing amazing Melee is. I've been saying Melee for life for awhile, but today I'm just really doing good. :p It's odd.

I'M SUCH A NOOB.
start visiting melee threads more.

i see you main Link.

come stop by the Link threads =D, its always good to gain another player =D

on topic.

I was playing roy couple days ago.

and i just discovered how gay his three hit sword dance =D

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, third swipe of DED is awesome.
Until people realize you can just crouch cancel and shield the hits before it. :(

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
isn't every one of Roy's moves great until the opponent realizes how easy it is to punish? the dair, the Uair, the chainthrow, the juggle (especially how I do it), the Usmash spike, the fourth up hit of the DED, the reverse blazer, the Dthrow-backthrough combo, any variations of the Ken combo, and the counter may only work on a noob once.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
hmmm... you guys have any tips for doing the reverse blazer?

I'm just kinda looking around for little refinements for my roy, he's almost ready to go to a tourney but not quite.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You... tilt up on the little gray stick... then you press the little red button with the "B" on it... then you tilt the little gray stick in the opposite direction? I dunno, not that hard...

It's only useful against like... Jigglypuff... maybe if you run into a Kirby or a Pichu or something...

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
hmmm... you guys have any tips for doing the reverse blazer?

I'm just kinda looking around for little refinements for my roy, he's almost ready to go to a tourney but not quite.
Tips for DOING the reverse blazer, or tips for USING the reverse blazer? It's not that hard, you just do it...

And Puck, stop making fun of me becuase I know where you live :crazy: .......

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
uuuuuuuuhhh.... lol, I'm not that.... ignorant? I was just bored and was looking for more of a set up kind of thing than anything...

LightningRoy9

Smash Cadet
Guys, i know this really has nothing to do with the competitive game, but its still about Roy. i thought everyone should know this. Did you know that one of Roy's Victory poses translates to(my friend told me this. he isnt Japanese, but he does understand it) "that'll teach you to try and **** my ****, Marth!" I laughed so hard when he told me that!

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
That's not true. your friend lied.

Roy's three victory lines are:

* "苦しい戦いだった。 (Kurushī tatakai datta)", which translates to "It was a difficult fight."
* "真の戦いは、これからだ。 (Shin no tatakai wa, korekara da)", which translates to "The true fight is after this."
* "守るべきもののために、負けられない! (Mamoru beki mono no tame ni, makerarenai!)", which translates to "For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!".

source= http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Roy

and please don't bump threads.

LightningRoy9

Smash Cadet
Oh, thanks for telling me. I wish there was a part in the game where he tells off Marth.

dont worry, i wont bump another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom