• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'll talk about Roy anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Roy also has teh flame spike. it happens when they get out of up smash at the wrong time
Shushup

And doesn't at least one of roy's Dancing Blade hits spike and light them on fire?

Seriously you can say anything about Y. Link being better than roy and this point and I won't really care... well maybe... but if you want to say that he is the fire lord then you have to be either drunk or on drugs, Roy has how many move involving fire opposed to Y.links 3 moves? (Dair spike, bomb, arrow... anything else?)
Only reason I'm talking crap is cause I'm bored. Plus I speak truth. :p

Arrows and Bombs don't count. Fire Spike?

Roys got usmash, the ending of his forward B combos, his counter, his upsmash, his Up+B, and... dude... red ****in hair.

Come on.
If You say my bombs and arrows don't count neither does your sword! :o

By the way you said U-Smash twice. PHAIL!

I still have the Goron tunic on my side. <.<

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I hate that so D*** much I banned young link because he spamed dair and side b on bowser and bragged knee them in the face till they choke on their own blood my step brothers gaol is spam most time he spams marths B all the time on my ics and brags saying he owns it use no skilllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
spam sword dance.
up to three.
its soo ****.
Roy is fun, plus his hair looks better than marths.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
sorry i wasn,t useing roy then and has any one spike marth with d-air off the stage and lived besides me i don't even main him he's my 6th choice

rhan

Smash Hero
Young Link can easily beat a Roy.

All he has to do is camp projectiles. Roy can't do anything to a strong projectile game. I think this was already stated in this thread.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Agreed when he was young. :p
agreed . LOL
oh man XD that made me lol.
i only wish Link had young links waveland sexyness and spike FIRE dair.
speaking of fire.
i think Roy > Young Link.
I mean like Roys Up B is ****.
its like hes recovering with fire lol.

rhan

Smash Hero
Lulz I suck?

Whatever...

At least I can spell. BAM! :p

I hope no one is taking me seriously now... <.<

HiIH

Smash Lord
Kay, let's put it this way....

any type of fire Y. Link might have....

Roy has the ****in PH1R3!1!1!1?

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Well, that's just one type of Y. Link...I'm just saying that those are the most fun to fight with Roy, xD. I've fought others, too. Dair spammers = easy prey for Roy. Other kinds are a bit harder.
Dair spammers = easy prey for any character if you're going to look at it like that. :ohwell:

rhan

Smash Hero
Tingle would have owned in Brawl. With the lack of Tingle in Brawl as a playable character the game resulted in ultimate fail.

On a side note: Good ****e in your Roy ditto with Sethlon, handsockpuppet. I was like "DIZZAMN" at 2:43. It was amazing.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think young link was the biggest waste of a charcter he is the closest clone a light link with a spike a would rather have him then no one but what a waste

rhan

Smash Hero
Same with Young Link. I don't see Link players using D-smash to try to kill outwards. And I have never seen a Young Link player try to up B spike EVER. Every clone has to be played differently to be good wth that specific character.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
the style for Y. Link and Link are actually very different. Y. Link has little kill moves and relies more on running and camping (which he's better at then link). a good Y. Link will rarely try an Fsmash (double hit or otherwise) and will normally try to edgeguard once off the edge (especially against Roy). I think Dr. Mario and Mario are the most similar clones, and place wise it's Falco and Fox (until recently).

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Shushup

Only reason I'm talking crap is cause I'm bored. Plus I speak LIES!!!

I still have the Goron tunic on my side. <.<
Me too! :D I like Zelda tons better than Fire emblem, oh and didn't we discuss the goron tunic mechanics?

*recalls*

Fire keese

Young Link can easily beat a Roy.

All he has to do is camp projectiles. Roy can't do anything to a strong projectile game. I think this was already stated in this thread.
hmm... doesn't he just have to tap/forward - B/ fair through them like a marth does? or better yet just shield/spot dodge his way towards Y.link?

rhan

Smash Hero
Me too! :D I like Zelda tons better than Fire emblem, oh and didn't we discuss the goron tunic mechanics?

*recalls*

Fire keese
Fire keese don exits!!!! >:o

hmm... doesn't he just have to tap/forward - B/ fair through them like a marth does? or better yet just shield/spot dodge his way towards Y.link?
Well if the Young Link is flinging everything he has at the Roy it's gonna be pretty difficult to get towards him. Roy's sidestep is pretty slow. He won't be able to dodge everything.

I don't think it's too smart to side B a bomb or arrow. And if the Roy shields then the Young Link should approch while the Roy is sheilding. That way he can get him to lose his shield and leave him open for more projectiles.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so meleers went to raid a brawl tourney lol taking one tv from them then taking another one half way through lol, so i played my Link vs. Roys and i lol'd so hard how Link can gimp roy.. like it suck balls.

Using Dsmash is only after CCing someone. Also somtimes used for combos out of grabs and edg gaurds.
but then Link should not use Dsmash to kill.

HiIH

Smash Lord
handsockPuppet said:
the style for Y. Link and Link are actually very different. Y. Link has little kill moves and relies more on running and camping (which he's better at then link). a good Y. Link will rarely try an Fsmash (double hit or otherwise) and will normally try to edgeguard once off the edge (especially against Roy). I think Dr. Mario and Mario are the most similar clones, and place wise it's Falco and Fox (until recently).
Err, a good Link won't try to Fsmash that much either, because it's not really that easy to combo into. Normally you're better off attempting to spin, unless you wanna do some bull**** where you Fsmash their shield when they stand next to the edge, so when they're pushed off you can hit with the second one. Link will also try to edgeguard once off the edge... It's called Nair? Link's recovery is too good to NOT try, unless he just can't get off in time....

Also, the only reason Young Link would be better than Link at camping is BECAUSE he can run... Link isn't exactly speedy >.>

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
well, I don't have too much experience with Link. I don't think spin (if you're talking about up-B) is that great either, but whatever. and yes, I am aware that Y.Link is faster then Link, that's why I posted it. though Roy is faster the Y. Link in running and aerials, but it doesn't make a difference when Y. Link, is pushing you back and out matches you in the air (like pretty much everyone against Roy).

BTW, any particular reason my name has a capital P when you quoted it? XD

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you guys need to go to SMYM 9 in Il, in february. I'll be going and defying all logic and going Roy and hopefully getting top 32. this will be a huge event

HiIH

Smash Lord
It's the greatest melee tournament since brawl came out TWO.

In Ga.

Roy would go to this obv obv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom