• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ill Keep U guys Updated on Brawl Puff Mango << He won Pound ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
does anyone have any puff vs samus videos? if so post them on here please. i dunno why but i seem to have trouble against samus and i want to watch a match to see how the match up should be played.
Hahaha Samus

Mango Percentage 100-0 Puff
Actual Percentage 75-25 Puff

THis match just makes me laugh so hard.. Poor Poor Poor Samus.. She cant hit ur shield with nothing.. {unless ur hugs and have such beautiful spacing} but no ones perfect so there bound to mess up { even hugs }

Positives In Matchup
Nair Murders Samus
Any One Of her smashes that hits u !! REST !!! Any on of her moves.. if not spaced right
U can throw some Bair Combos In their
Nair fsmash kinda works
If she rolls/grab = REST!! {Poor samus}
Her Rockets arent that great
Negatives In Matchup
hahahaha there arent any
All she has Her Nair
Her forward and down smash hurt {if she can space it right}

My summary for this matchup... is poor samus.. all u have to do is mangorape her.. and nair work like a charm... Edguarding her isnt that difficult but its eh sometimes... U air kills samus too.. Dont get greedy tring 2 kill when she like at 150.. Just be patient and wait for the chance to up- air or something..PATIENCE!! Nair to upsmash works better then Nair To fsmash.. if the samus has good spacing.. makes things hard

Levels To Counterpick- Mangoland,Brimstar,MuteCity,BattleField,Final,
Missed grabs, dash attacks, etc lead to mangorape! =)

Also, here's a video of mango and hugs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z3JXgPDGwC8

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
Both of those mango/Hugs matches were on small levels where samus can't efficiently camp/recover well... granted, Jigs doesn't excel on those stages either, it'd be more of a detriment to Hugs. I think KillaOr has some up against Wes on larger, more samus-friendly stages.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
yea i have seen those videos before. sorry i meant to ask for videos on bigger stages , because as schoolie dee said samus has a disadvantage at those small stages. also from what you said snoblo... i'm sure he's right on that, well i know he's right because samus does have enouugh lag after smash attacks for you to rest.the thing is i can't possibly win a match against a great samus only going by the fact that i can wait for the moment that they will make a mistake...
i have to have at least a little knowledge on the match up and see the combos that i can practice.thanks for putting that video up though. i'lll look for that one with killaOR now.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Whenever I throw Falco up I have trouble jumping into rest. I tried uairing after the upthrow and it went right through him. Is there a reason to this or am I just screwing up?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Just 2 let u guys no .. hugs countered those levels lol JUST 2 LET U NO but whatever ^_^

DudUtsai- Ur just messing up.. its up throw rest practice on Lvl 1's ^_^

MaNg0

Smash Hero
So Mango would you say Marth is Jiggs biggest counter? Why no Sheik match up?
Well i love playing marths but smart marths are jiggs hardest counter
NOT DUMB MARTHS

dumb marths are fun 2 play lol

smart marths just stand there swinging away

Dumb marth do dumb things which lead 2 combos

I duno hugs is crazy lol

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
On second thought, a smaller level for Samus against Jigs would have its advantages. Samus' doesn't really have a definitive kill-move against jigs like fox's up kills or marth's tips, and a stage where she could trade extended bomb recoveries for lower percent Jigglypuff deaths may work out.

Still a weird counterpick, I take samus players to battlefield and for ys... I just go bowser.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I gotta come out and say it... I suck against Luigi.

I know it should be the other way around, but it seems like there is almost no gap in his air attacks for me to punish. His nair and dair **** me, and his uair and fair keep me nervous. His bair spam is incredibly annoying too, I despise all his air attacks! If it wasn't for the fact that he can be edgeguarded easier than Nana, I'd be totally screwed.

And thus I come humble and ashamed, seeking advice for dealing with the man in green.

EDIT: XD; almost same time post with maximum irony!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Sorry BrawlPro I dont Help people who are trying 2 beat my fellow puffs ^_^

Thinkaman- Dont worry man luigi is hard its like whenver ur doing anything NAIR it just comes out of no where so its pretty gay

For this match a little bair spam didnt hurt no one .. Perfectly Placed Bairs luigi cant do much except wavedash ^_^

U gotta LedgeCamp like a champ to ..

Back Throw - Equals DEATH *evil laugh*

Ledge camp and wait for that grab and its USUALLY a kill depending on his percents

Another thing is nair to stop his dumb wavedash

Hell run into ur nair with all his unnesarry wavedashes LOL =D

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
On second thought, a smaller level for Samus against Jigs would have its advantages. Samus' doesn't really have a definitive kill-move against jigs like fox's up kills or marth's tips, and a stage where she could trade extended bomb recoveries for lower percent Jigglypuff deaths may work out.

Still a weird counterpick, I take samus players to battlefield and for ys... I just go bowser.
yea, that's true. still though it is a little strange, yea lol. i take samus players to mute city actually. i play well on that stage.
mango what do you usually counter pick against samus?

Binx

Smash Master
Mangoland vs all char = you win.

Mango, against samus can you fair her bombs to stop her recovery from good distances? if yes, is it safe?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Shadow 111 - Well i usually conterpick Final Against Hugs all the time , i also like battlefield just because it makes it a little harder for him 2 do his grapple.. i also love going brimstar for no apperant reason ^_^

Binx - Lol uhh not sure on that one buddy but ive been trying something new.. this might sound dumb but i just get hit by the bombs on purpose lol or i just throw random bairs ^_^ dont no if that answers ur question but hay =D

TheLegend - Im Mango ^_^

Xanskarr- Hi

ChronoSquare - ROFL that guy is funny I **** HATE THIS GAME!! my favorite

nice vid =D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Im pretty serious =D lol eh

ooooh man someone passed me there legacy

I always treat my puffs well

were the best ^_^

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
aahhhh, i'm getting 3 stocked by young links because i have no experience against them lol. any information against them?
the match up is reallyy bad for jiggly puff right?
also, does u air out prioritize his d air? because when they hit with a bomb and immediately use d air it gets annoying lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
o my god i read the first page and i learned a lot

mango u are amazing

i even learned how to type my posts from u... YAYUHZZ!! but im an ice climber player so i spam yayuhz a lot. its all good

why did you have to disappoint us at norcal biweekly like that :'C i wanted a picture with you...

anyways it's all good... hey i lost to FMF and zhu, i thought ic was supposed to **** falco. but if i dont feel like usin my main on a falco, i might use jiggs.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Shadow 111 - I have no idea how to fight young link lol

ANY ONE NO HOW 2 FIGHT YOUNG LINK??? anyone ?
lol

Choknater - aw yeah
lol i missed my bus what a shame

Well puff can murder falco but falco can just spam his dair and laser and that gets rather annoying

But one thing against falco with puff Full Hop Nair

Like do a full jump over there laser then land with a nair ^_^ thats my new thing against falco

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Wow, nice thread you got going here.

It's wierd, I counterpick Puffs with Roy in friendlies haha, reverse up b out of shield = :laugh:
Also, I'm pretty sure it kills on any stage, rather than just FD (not saying it's a very effective strat or anything >_<).

It would be nice to see some Donkey Kong vs Puff info up there though, I'm pretty clueless about the matchup.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
too bad reverse blazer doesn't work on mangoland =P
and if you miss a good jiggs could just rest you while you land :laugh:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
If a good Jiggs misses, just reverse blaze that shiz!!!

Yeah, I know, not gonna work in serious matches lol

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
-__- mango how can you have absolutely no experience against young links? lol. haven't you played any?
does any one else have information on the match up then?

For a general idea.. Well I have no idea, check out phanna's matchup chart..

I do know that projectiles can really harm a puff if used right ><

MaNg0

Smash Hero
lol

i hate fighting dks

all they do is bair

so i just rest them ^_^

and roys gay that is all

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Thats right i love my puff balls

were the coolest people around because everyone hates us because we can kill them in one move

WELL DONT GET UP TILTED or something nooobs ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom