• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike's usefull at's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
there are none, any other questions should go in the Q&A thread or on any of the other stickies, but its pretty much what you would do with any other character.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
he probably did use the search function. Nothing should come up if you search AT and Ike. Unless you count that sun jacket crap

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Can we close this thread, we dont need more useless clutter...

To be a nice guy, the closest we have to ATs is Jab Cancelling..but thats a BT (Basic Technique) not an AT

comboking

Smash Master
B-reversal (running and Aerial), CounterDraw,JC,Wavebouncing
Pivotgrab, DACIT. And those are universal except QD

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
If that is true, here are a few ATs.

Walkoff F-Air
Controlled N-Air edgeguard
Jab Cancel to U-Air (Needs Tap Jump)
Retreating F-Air
D-Throw to D-Air
B-Throw to B-Air
F-Throw to D-Air Spike

Note that these are what I consider difficult.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Those are all quite difficult because I am using a Wii Mote. Because I have no C-Stick it is a bit harder to preform walkoff F-Airs and recover. Anyway, you stopped at Those a...? Im guessing you said Those are easy to do or something?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
We have to argue because this has happened several times and the Ikes who frequent the boards are getting tired of saying that there really aren't any Ike-specific ATs. People keep posting asking for ATs. Then people try to list basic techs as ATs every time even though they aren't.

There is the stun jacket, which I've heard of but don't really understand because apparently it's useless.
There is his dashing item throw > catch thingy. I think it's the same input as Snake's DACUS. (?)

Other than that, I don't think there's anything but basic techs.

Honestly, we should sticky a topic that's called "IKE'S ATs" and make it empty.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
*face palm* dthrow to dair? I think the reason that the Ike boards are so cluttered is because all the new threads are really just made by new people now. The higher level discussion just goes on in the stickies which is odd because it seems like things should be the other way around.

Just to answer the question the few things that could be considered At's or at least advanced things the better Ikes do would be:

DACIT
Reverse Hyphen
Stun Jacket
Aether Dragging
Aether boost snap? (what the hell do we call this if anyone knows what I'm talking about)
Grab releases
Jab cancel variations

Most have topics which you can find on the index in my sticky which is a combination of the purple and cyan sections. Do not bump those topics though because they are all dead by now if you have any more questions just use a sticky.

Sliq

Smash Master
Ike doesn't need AT's considering his dash is perfect for dash dancing, being the closest character to having a melee style dash dance. I started playing Ike more recently, which works much better against more aerial oriented characters than Bowser just because of his huge fair.

kamimari36

Smash Apprentice
Ike doesn't need AT's considering his dash is perfect for dash dancing, being the closest character to having a melee style dash dance. I started playing Ike more recently, which works much better against more aerial oriented characters than Bowser just because of his huge fair.
I can't dash dance with a wiimote...T_T
Spaced fair is awesome!
When is this thread gonna be closed?

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Ike's Aether is useful on the ledge. Over and over and over.:laugh:But I guess its not an AT...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Do not ever bump old, silly threads with stupid, useless posts in our forum.

Please.
I'm curious. Why not?

People are always quick to jump on someone who bumps an old thread and yet they never give a real reason. The fact that it has 'silly, useless posts' is not a reason, it's an excuse. The non-sticky threads in this particular forum are rarely posted on anyways, so what does it really matter if the latest thread is pushed down one spot?

Posting just to say 'don't bump this thread' seems like a waste to me; it just further bumps the thread (which completely defeats the purpose) and is extremely repetitive and annoying.

Just my thoughts, but as much as I can't see any logical reason to bump the thread, I also can't see any logical reason why bumping the thread is a bad thing.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm curious. Why not?

People are always quick to jump on someone who bumps an old thread and yet they never give a real reason. The fact that it has 'silly, useless posts' is not a reason, it's an excuse. The non-sticky threads in this particular forum are rarely posted on anyways, so what does it really matter if the latest thread is pushed down one spot?

Posting just to say 'don't bump this thread' seems like a waste to me; it just further bumps the thread (which completely defeats the purpose) and is extremely repetitive and annoying.

Just my thoughts, but as much as I can't see any logical reason to bump the thread, I also can't see any logical reason why bumping the thread is a bad thing.
Because 99/100 times, it's useless, and everyone in the entire Universe knows about. That previous post stating Ike can aether over and over again...well that's been known since day 1 and has nothing to do with this thread. The only reason a thread like this should be bumped is if...

A) If something relating to the topic has not been discussed before (Use search function)
B) No one has a clue in their respective character's Q&A thread.

So now that's done with, let's all go back to bed m'kay?

Yours truly,

The Great ******.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Because 99/100 times, it's useless, and everyone in the entire Universe knows about. That previous post stating Ike can aether over and over again...well that's been known since day 1 and has nothing to do with this thread.
As I said before, that's not a logical reason, that's you not liking bumped threads based on your own personal gripes. If you don't like reading useless posts, ignore them. It doesn't affect you if you ignore it. I don't see how it can affect you anyways. Like I said, I find posts like this...

Teh Brettster said:
Do not ever bump old, silly threads with stupid, useless posts in our forum.

Please.
... more annoying than a pointless bump. It's so boring and typical. Let the guy posts what he wants; if he's wasting his time posting useless stuff... well it doesn't concern you does it?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Please stop arguing this. Nobody here enjoys useless posts and a couple of us try to prevent people from making more in the future by telling them not to do it. That person had already made more than one, so I thought maybe it would slow down if I said something about it.

This is my last post in this particular argument. For those who frequent the Ike boards, I'm sorry for making more useless posts to thumb through. Nysyarc, if you'd like to argue more, you may send me a PM (and no, I'm not encouraging that you do so).

King of Sack

Smash Journeyman
If these can even be called "AT's" then I think that:

1) Aether spiking is an "AT"

2) Combat walking is an "AT"

3) And Ike's "wall infinites" are "AT's"

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
1) No.

2) Not really. But closer.

3) Nope.

Sorry. Look in the front page of Ashunera's Library... I'm pretty sure there are links to actual advanced techs in there.

§leepy God

Smash Master
This question wouldn't be asked if more people were to try crazy stuff with Ike. I'll say Water Camping is a useful AT that Ike can do best.

•Col•

Smash Champion
omg you guys ikes best at is how he goes invincible when he does upb

its like so good and does stuff!?

§leepy God

Smash Master
You fail to see the difference between an ADVANCE TECHNIQUE and a strategy.
Not really, just want to keep the talk going on. I already know the difference. But as I said, we just need more crazy thoughts to think of some AT's or Ike's meta game will be down the drain. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom