• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

neosam23

Smash Rookie
I wonder if anyone would prefer Eliwood over Roy? I mean, he was in the first game that was officially translated. But i'd be just happy with Ike and Chrom, but I wouldn't mind Marth, as long as they make him better in the next game.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I wonder if anyone would prefer Eliwood over Roy? I mean, he was in the first game that was officially translated.
??? Not sure why you make the comparison. Also, Eliwood would be much more of a Marth clone than Roy ever was if he did get in.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wonder if anyone would prefer Eliwood over Roy? I mean, he was in the first game that was officially translated. But i'd be just happy with Ike and Chrom, but I wouldn't mind Marth, as long as they make him better in the next game.
I like Eliwood as a character in his game, but as fighter in Smash..., not so much.

neosam23

Smash Rookie
Yeah, just thought I'd bring it up. He probably play somewhat similar to Marth, anyway. But he'd be sweet if he used his Durandul, he'd be nuts. But back to Ike. I was thinking if you could aim Aether (As in, aim the throw), he then flings himself towards the direction that he threw it. It would be an interesting to see Ike implement it in that way, and I KNOW he doesn't use it like that in the game, but Fire Emblem doesn't really require you to aim you weapon anyway. I'd say if Ike could aim his Aether, he'd do it exactly like how I've just said it would.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Please don't remind me of Awakening, that sword Priam has is definately not the real Ragnell, 25 uses, no beam, beat up like crazy, please, he probably made that replica himself.

Anyways, I don't care if his costume changed, I like them both, so to me it might be easier keeping the PoR look.
When I saw Priam throw Ragnell, I had to read over the name of the weapon a couple times. After the ensuing rage, I realized that Nintendo could possibly still bring Ike back, but ruin an amazing swordsman with that... disgrace to one of the twin holy blades blessed by Ashera herself. Made me mad brah -.-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike does throw the Ragnell when doing Aether however. But that's no excuse. No excuse at all...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Please don't remind me of Awakening, that sword Priam has is definately not the real Ragnell, 25 uses, no beam, beat up like crazy, please, he probably made that replica himself.

Anyways, I don't care if his costume changed, I like them both, so to me it might be easier keeping the PoR look.
Priam has the real Ragnell but it shows that the difference in time between Ike and Priam is quite big, because it's said that the blessing of Ashera gets depleted through time...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So there's a far shorter time lapse between the first war of Yune's imprisonment and Ike using the sword in the Crimea- Daein war and the war against Ashera's awakening and the time between Ike's leave of Tellius and Fire Emblem Awakening. There could've been 100s of Ike descendants for all we know...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Maybe the next FE game will follow Priam and his ragtag gang of weirdos as he ventures around the globe to restore the Holy Might of Ragnell? And, y'know, solve a few international crises at the same time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about Priam actually try to re-awaken the Goddess Ashunera? But anyways, 10/10 would bang play that story.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I think Ike is getting replaced by Mike.

As he rides a bike

With a little Tike

And he wears Nike
Just do it. And yes, I know Nike does not rhyme.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
If Ike had to fight with Chrom for their spot, and Ike lost, how would all of you react?
I'd be pissed off at First since I am an Ike fan boy, but Chrom was an awesome lord in his own Right. Would be awkward to see two different designs for the same Falchion though...

smasherbound93

Smash Rookie
I'd be pissed off at First since I am an Ike fan boy, but Chrom was an awesome lord in his own Right. Would be awkward to see two different designs for the same Falchion though...
That is actually a good point and makes me think that Chrom could replace Marth insted of Ike, yes i know Marth is the main of the Fire Emblem franchise but the only game he's been featured outside of japan is Shadow Dragon which is considered the worst (and least successful) of the Fire Emblem series.
But i don't know maybe at the end we could have two characters with the same weapon.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I wouldn't be incredibly surprised.
I'd be a little disappointed because no more Great Aether, but I wouldn't be surprised.
As an FE fan and Ike fan, I know a large portion of the population labels Ike as their favourite lord. Second would be Hector; if they added Chrom it would surprise the hell out of me. I truly believe they should keep him, he is the favourite...

Louie G.

Smash Hero
As an FE fan and Ike fan, I know a large portion of the population labels Ike as their favourite lord. Second would be Hector; if they added Chrom it would surprise the hell out of me. I truly believe they should keep him, he is the favourite...
It's likely Chrom will be added, but Ike will stay as well.
3 FE characters isn't such a bad idea now is it?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If Ike had to fight with Chrom for their spot, and Ike lost, how would all of you react?
****ing pissed because it's scrapping a perfectly fine moveset (albeit slightly sluggish) for no reason whatsoever in favor of someone that provides even less.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
****ing pissed because it's scrapping a perfectly fine moveset (albeit slightly sluggish) for no reason whatsoever in favor of someone that provides even less.

That's how I feel as well. Although, I like that Ike has such a sluggish moveset with such powerful moves. Sets him apart from Marth fantastically.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
It's likely Chrom will be added, but Ike will stay as well.
3 FE characters isn't such a bad idea now is it?
I would love that; the more lords the better. Still, I might stick with Project Melee even after Smash 4. Love how godly Ike is ^.^

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
People give Marth too much credit....they say he is the face of the franchise and all that stuff...but he isn't, Fire Emblem isn't Super Mario or Legend of Zelda, it's not determined by one character, it's like Final Fantasy every time the series tackles a different story, being the first doesn't give you too much privilege, I can only Marth mattering for Japanese fans, I'm pretty sure Chrom and Lucina are on the same level of popularity as Marth now in the west and Marth despite being mentioned in Awakening, I'm an Ike fan and I think Ike should stay because he is the only popular Buffed, Smash your face kind of guy from Fire Emblem, no one can fill that role not even Roy.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
But it's not just being the original Lord that boosts Marth's importance, it's also the fact that he is one of the only two characters to star in more than one game in addition, which is more than can be said of almost anyone else. For these two reasons combined, Marth is considered to be the most important.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People give Marth too much credit....they say he is the face of the franchise and all that stuff...but he isn't, Fire Emblem isn't Super Mario or Legend of Zelda, it's not determined by one character, it's like Final Fantasy every time the series tackles a different story, being the first doesn't give you too much privilege, I can only Marth mattering for Japanese fans, I'm pretty sure Chrom and Lucina are on the same level of popularity as Marth now in the west and Marth despite being mentioned in Awakening, I'm an Ike fan and I think Ike should stay because he is the only popular Buffed, Smash your face kind of guy from Fire Emblem, no one can fill that role not even Roy.
That's a really bad comparison, because to most people Final Fantasy = Cloud, which would make Cloud the face of Final Fantasy.
Marth is pretty much the face of Fire Emblem, in regards to Smash anyway.

Also, holy run-on sentence Batman.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
That's a really bad comparison, because to most people Final Fantasy = Cloud, which would make Cloud the face of Final Fantasy.
Marth is pretty much the face of Fire Emblem, in regards to Smash anyway.

Also, holy run-on sentence Batman.

Not really, it's just people seem to give that credit to Marth... Fire Emblem has no face.... when I think of Fire Emblem I think of strategy and the Weapon triangle...if anything should be considered the face of Fire Emblem is the weapon triangle.

Thor

Smash Champion
Weapon triangle for Smash 4!/6

in seriousness I like Ike and wish he would stay. Also, if they could only change one thing, frame 1 jab. Because Ike deserves that much.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not really, it's just people seem to give that credit to Marth... Fire Emblem has no face.... when I think of Fire Emblem I think of strategy and the Weapon triangle...if anything should be considered the face of Fire Emblem is the weapon triangle.

Are you serious right now?

Thing is...

It's not what you think of when you play Fire Emblem. It's what do most people think of when they think of Fire Emblem?

It's usually Marth, Ike and Roy. Chrom and the Awakening crew are getting there though.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Marth, Ike, and Roy are more contributed to Super Smash Bros. then Fire Emblem itself. Same reason as to why Captain Falcon is famous, because of Super Smash Bros.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Marth, Ike, and Roy are more contributed to Super Smash Bros. then Fire Emblem itself. Same reason as to why Captain Falcon is famous, because of Super Smash Bros.
Never denied that.

But when most people think of Fire Emblem they do think of Marth, Ike and Roy. All I'm saying.

•Col•

Smash Champion
They're still some of the main 'faces' of Fire Emblem.

Like, yeah, Cpt. Falcon was popularized because of Smash Bros, but do you seriously not picture him whenever you think of F-Zero?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
It would be cool to see Ike return, preferably in his Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn outfit (I absolutely cannot stand his Awakening design), though I am not going to get mine hopes up.

Assuming Ike is in Smash 4, the one move I really hope they change is Ike's neutral aerial, simply because if you inadvertently used that move right after being knocked or pushed over the edge, you were pretty much screwed. Otherwise, I found Ike to be a fairly fun character to use in Brawl, even though I generally dislike slow and/or heavy characters, regardless of their strength. He was actually the character I used the most, next to Zelda.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

You would be completely right if Melee, Shadow Dragon and Heroes of Light and Shadow didn't happen. It was only right that Marth was chosen in Melee out of all Fire Emblem candidates, despite heavily being inspired of FE4 and FE5's battle animations of Lords and Swordmasters. They did in fact chose to promote Marth due to him being unkown to the Western market. I think he warrants his stay, especially since Chrom and Lucina are well... direct ancestors of Marth. Marth is a very important face of Fire Emblem. And sure, I agree about everything you say about Ike, but Marth is also awesome in his own way.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Ike does have a good chance of coming back and with his Radiant Dawn appearance. People tend to think he's going to be replaced because of some sort of "tradition" in Smash Bros where a new Fire Emblem character will come to replace the old one despite how this only happened within one transition (Melee to Brawl). If i remember correctly, Roy himself was suppose to return in Brawl (based on the forbidden 7) , but he may have been cut in the last minute. So there's really nothing keeping Sakura from adding 3 FE reps this time around besides people complaining about having 3 blue haired swordsman in the game. Though, that wouldn't bother me at all. Let's also not forget that Roy was a clone of Marth while Ike was not. Ike had his own unique movesets in Brawl. It would be a shame to see someone with a unique moveset like his be replaced. This isn't to say that i don't want to see Chrom because i really do, but i feel that Ike should have another chance to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom