• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Assuming Ike returns, we are excepting his older, Radiant Dawn look correct?

Honestly, I think his more robust appearance suits his slower, more power packed play style than his svelte look he had in Brawl.
I like both designs, so I don't really care what we end with, I like the Ranger look for mostly nostalgia reasons since it was my first FE game. Yet, my favorite design is his Lord one which isn't that likely. I think maybe the Hero version might be better, since we usually don't get them promoted.

Ike's character development is quite awesome indeed. This is also why I always recommend players playing both FE9 and FE10. You really get to see Ike grow from a mere, untrained boy to the continent's strongest and greatest hero. Think that alone gives Ike so muuch character.

And yea would think they will pick his Radiant Dawn design this time. Hero or Vanguard, doesn't really matter for me honestly.
Yeah it was a great change from being beaten in training easily by his father, to destroying a goddess, Ike is just bad***. I liked how after Ike was promoted to a Lord he still didn't know what he was doing in PoR. In most FE games, usually by some odd reason after promotion, the main lord becomes very different in how he handles things, it's really noticeable in FE7, though with Eliwood. Yet, becoming a lord for Ike really showed off his personality more and how he's really trying to command a huge army, with his only background before is leading just a few mercenaries.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hope Ike's Aether gets a buff. And he becomes more of a heavyweight. Think Vanguard Ike would be best suited for this.

And yes, Ike remains Ike despite any promotions. All other Lords after promotion are like: 'Yeah awesome, let's do this!' Ike is more like 'Nah man, too much of a hassle.'. Even being completely opposed to it, but both times hefelt forced by Sakani, even saying 'Here we go again' in FE10. :laugh:

Commander

Smash Ace
I hope Ike's Aether gets a buff. And he becomes more of a heavyweight. Think Vanguard Ike would be best suited for this.

And yes, Ike remains Ike despite any promotions. All other Lords after promotion are like: 'Yeah awesome, let's do this!' Ike is more like 'Nah man, too much of a hassle.'. Even being completely opposed to it, but both times hefelt forced by Sakani, even saying 'Here we go again' in FE10. :laugh:
All it needs to be is longer like Project M's aether. I think Hero Ike is more iconic than Vanguard Ike, so it would be between the Ranger and Hero costumes. I don't think Ike needs to be more of a heavy weight, he is heavy enough to reflect his character without being Ganon/Bowser heavy.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Assuming Ike is in, do you think he will remain a starter character or do you think he will be unlockable in this game?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want it to look flashy as in Fire Emblem and actually deal a lot of damage.

Commander

Smash Ace
Assuming Ike is in, do you think he will remain a starter character or do you think he will be unlockable in this game?
I'm hoping Marth will be the only FE starter.

I want it to look flashy as in Fire Emblem and actually deal a lot of damage.
Well it is flashy in PoR, in RD it isn't as flashy. He doesn't throw his sword nearly as high in RD as he does in PoR. Also it wasn't the first hit that does a lot of damage and we only get the first hit in Smash so why should it do a lot of damage?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then I want a second hit to whenever all multi hits of the first hit connect.

Commander

Smash Ace
Then I want a second hit to whenever all multi hits of the first hit connect.
But it wasn't about multihits either. Here is the attack at 4:19 http://youtu.be/FXmbuQDuAlY?t=4m19s. Here you an see him using it in Radiant Dawn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqarC2YuePQ. That second hit would be really awkward in smash, I could see it working if he lands on stage and hits them with the fall and then immediately does the second upwards hit, but couldn't it either be a terribly laggy move for him, or if it is made really fast can't it be a bit over powered? Aether is already really hard to edge guard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How about not making it awkward then? A bit more fluid animation as in FE9 would be better suited. Or why not make Aether actually like Sol and Luna combined? The first hit is engulved in an orange-redish aura, the second is blue.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well maybe just have his Aether become a bit more reliable of a recovery attack, by giving it a little bit more horizontal push. And making the move look more flashy is always welcome in my book. I kind of hope he'll remain as a starter character like he was in Brawl. But that might be more fitting for Marth to take on that role.

joshua bishop

Smash Rookie
Ike had better return, he's my main and overall my favorite character design, I'm a big fan of Fire Emblem characters.

When he returns I'd like to see a changes made to him, Aether should be more versatile and and his tilts/aerials should have a little less frame lag.

I really don't care whether or not he's considered cheap and/or High-Tier in the next Smash, I'll still use him and the other Fire Emblem reps.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike was considered 'cheap' in Brawl but he was far from High or Top Tier. :rolleyes:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ike was considered 'cheap' in Brawl but he was far from High or Top Tier. :rolleyes:
People don't know what the hell a shield or dodge is.

Maybe if we're talking on the level of Wi-Fi, since the lag causes people to slip into Ike's telegraphed attacks more easily.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Great Aether with blue flames would indeed be THAT much more awesome.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
To buy this game, only one condition must be met... and that is that IKE makes his triumphant return. How I long for the Hero of Blue Flames to come back and kick some ***.

FireEmblemFan101

Smash Cadet
Ike fans, here's some thoughts for you. Look at Ike's moveset. Pretty much all his moves are linked to PoR. Although Chrom is the new Fire Emblem Protagonist, Ike is still a major character. Remember in Radiant Dawn, when Ike saw peace settle in the land and left Tellius, and He takes Ragnell with him? If any character replaces Ike it better be Priam. He's the next best thing to Ike.

LoZ is an absolutely huge franchise that everyone knows, Fire emblem is much lesser known outside of japan.
I don't think ike will be removed because he's a completely original character, plus he places high in popularity polls. But i'm not holding my breath
Well actually, After Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken was published, I have heard that many Fire Emblem Fans in the West (Namely United States) demanded the game to be made in their Language. It may not very popular yet, but it's getting there. Over 1 million English copies sold.

To buy this game, only one condition must be met... and that is that IKE makes his triumphant return. How I long for the Hero of Blue Flames to come back and kick some ***.
I agree, I am only buying the game and one of the two consoles if Ike appears in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Commander

Smash Ace
Ike fans, here's some thoughts for you. Look at Ike's moveset. Pretty much all his moves are linked to PoR. Although Chrom is the new Fire Emblem Protagonist, Ike is still a major character. Remember in Radiant Dawn, when Ike saw peace settle in the land and left Tellius, and He takes Ragnell with him? If any character replaces Ike it better be Priam. He's the next best thing to Ike.
There will never be a playable non-lord in Smash. Ike is the only character from FE that can represent the Mercenary class and the heavier classes in general from FE.
Ike is also an important lord with 2 games a very unique reference in a Awakening. I'm sure Ike is staying because no other character in FE is similar to Ike while also carrying the same importance to the series.

FireEmblemFan101

Smash Cadet
Well, Ike could easily get more speed and his playstyle could get transfered over to a new character. Maybe even Ganon with a sword for example?

Also, Marth will never get replaced. He's literally been in ALL Fire Emblem games since Brawl was released, and he's the face of Fire Emblem. And if he ever got replaced it certainly wouldn't be by Lyn. :smirk:
If your talking about Fire Emblem games and not Melee or Brawl. Then you are wrong. Marth is 2 games I believe, not including remakes. The 1st and the third. Ike has been in my two favorite games Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and it's sequel Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. The other nine games have different protagonists. In Awaking, Chrom is a descendant of Marth.

There will never be a playable non-lord in Smash. Ike is the only character from FE that can represent the Mercenary class and the heavier classes in general from FE.
Ike is also an important lord with 2 games a very unique reference in a Awakening. I'm sure Ike is staying because no other character in FE is similar to Ike while also carrying the same importance to the series.
Yes, Ike does become a Lord, unwillingly. But PoR is the first and only game so far, to have the main protagonist not of noble birth.

And that's what I was saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Commander

Smash Ace
If your talking about Fire Emblem games and not Melee or Brawl. Then you are wrong. Marth is 2 games I believe, not including remakes. The 1st and the third. Ike has been in my two favorite games Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and it's sequel Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. The other nine games have different protagonists. In Awaking, Chrom is a descendant of Marth.
First, stop with he multiposting. Put everything in one post.

Since Brawl there have been 3 Fire Emblem games released. Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, and Awakening. The first 2 are Marth's remakes and Awakening is Marth's world. Gaiden takes place on another continent on Marth's world and it is hinted that the Jugdral series takes place 1000 years before Marth's games and that the Tyrfrying is actually the same sword as the Falchion. 6/11(without remakes) or 8/13(with remakes) games take place in Marth's world and the majority of lords are heavily inspired by Marth. Why do you think so many of them have blue hair?

Yes, Ike does become a Lord, unwillingly. But PoR is the first and only game so far, to have the main protagonist not of noble birth.
I don't mean "lord" as in the class. Lord usually refers to the main character of a FE title, the ones who aren't allowed to die, in the FE fandom. Ike, Robin, Micaiah, and Sothe to an extent all would be called lords in this sense, while Lucina wouldn't even though she has the lord class because she is allowed to die.

FireEmblemFan101

Smash Cadet
First, stop with he multiposting. Put everything in one post.

Since Brawl there have been 3 Fire Emblem games released. Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem, and Awakening. The first 2 are Marth's remakes and Awakening is Marth's world. Gaiden takes place on another continent on Marth's world and it is hinted that the Jugdral series takes place 1000 years before Marth's games and that the Tyrfrying is actually the same sword as the Falchion. 6/11(without remakes) or 8/13(with remakes) games take place in Marth's world and the majority of lords are heavily inspired by Marth. Why do you think so many of them have blue hair?

I don't mean "lord" as in the class. Lord usually refers to the main character of a FE title, the ones who aren't allowed to die, in the FE fandom. Ike, Robin, Micaiah, and Sothe to an extent all would be called lords in this sense, while Lucina wouldn't even though she has the lord class because she is allowed to die.
Sorry about the mulit-posting, I usually just focus on one subject.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord

Nope.

YES!!!
I Wanna see the radiant dawn design he just looks so cool

Last edited:

ZmashMazter

Smash Rookie
Ike and Lucas are in the same boat for me, I love them both. But I can see them both being cut also, with the same or maybe even less character space than in brawl, and with all these new characters, some are going to have to get cut. ( I REALLY wish it didn't have to be this way cuz Ike is a beast) But I would say that Chrom is most likely to replace him, or potentially fire emblem would only get 1 character, who knows?

So.. as much as I want to, I am not getting my hopes up for this.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Ike and Lucas are in the same boat for me, I love them both. But I can see them both being cut also, with the same or maybe even less character space than in brawl, and with all these new characters, some are going to have to get cut. ( I REALLY wish it didn't have to be this way cuz Ike is a beast) But I would say that Chrom is most likely to replace him, or potentially fire emblem would only get 1 character, who knows?

Ike is way more important than chrom, he is one of two characters t have more than one game the other being marth, he is incredibly unique and he is really popular and even if they do add that pointless clone I think the three can co-exists

Commander

Smash Ace

There is not less space in the roster. The roster is going to be larger but it won't be as big as an expansion as that of 64 and melee or that of Melee and Brawl. There is no reason to assume something like that. Where did anyone even get this idea that it would be smaller?

ZmashMazter

Smash Rookie
There is not less space in the roster. The roster is going to be larger but it won't be as big as an expansion as that of 64 and melee or that of Melee and Brawl. There is no reason to assume something like that. Where did anyone even get this idea that it would be smaller?
I didn't actually mean it would be smaller, i just meant it wouldn't grow as much, maybe 2-5 character growth, I've seen some people with lists of 50 characters so mainly i was making my point about a smaller growth, sorry to confuse you..

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I didn't actually mean it would be smaller, i just meant it wouldn't grow as much, maybe 2-5 character growth, I've seen some people with lists of 50 characters so mainly i was making my point about a smaller growth, sorry to confuse you..
I think there's at least going to be 45 characters

Hong

The Strongest
Anyone else hope the sound of his sword strikes remains the same?

Commander

Smash Ace
Fox's sounds in particular.

._. Why.
I don't mind Fox's voice actor actually. The Japanese one is nice and fits well with the Melee model, but I like the American one with the newer model. With Ike's voice I like both the American and the Japanese voice actors.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't mind Fox's voice actor actually. The Japanese one is nice and fits well with the Melee model, but I like the American one with the newer model. With Ike's voice I like both the American and the Japanese voice actors.
His voice was alright. It is more so the sound of his kicks in Brawl that bothered me.

I would like to think Star Fox got good voice talent for Brawl.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I'm afraid I really won't be too happy with Ike in SSB4 unless they make his moveset truer to him.

Sure, he's the best to fill the heavy, strong, slow mighty glacier archetype. But it's still not Ike. I'm not saying he needs to be zipping around the stage like Sonic while swinging around power like Ganon's, but a balance between his power and capability of bursts of speed and comboability needs to be achieved that isn't limited to a linear side-special. Quick Draw being able to be cancelled is all that is needed to make Ike - not viable, not in chaingrab camp central - but at least more like his Fire Emblem Tellius Saga self. Literally every semi-popular to popular Brawl mod has added the ability to cancel Quick Draw into other attacks and make it a more core part of his moveset.

Oh, I am confident that he's returning. And if I'm proven wrong, I won't be that upset, either. I've got two versions of Ike on SD cards that I'm perfectly happy with.

Commander

Smash Ace
Ike actually has one of the most canon movesets in Smash. Dtilt, bair, dair, and eruption are the only ones made up and Eruption is more of a stretch of existing ideas than totally made up. Of course get up attacks are made up. Even his jump animation is present in PoR. All I need is P:M Ike to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom