• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Remember that medieval game I talked a lot about earlier? I'm finally considered one of the best (in my class) now, 1 handed with shield. Been playing the multiplier for that for well over a year now.
Yo damn grats. Saddly i'm still thinking hard on what I wan't to start out with, leaning more away from Archery and having an overly fond love for 2-Handers on Horseback

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
internet via mobile phone, internet cafe's, etcetc.
we just need to find out if slaps is coming nearby anyway, if he isnt then i wont bother, as Im at work almost every day
i know this is super late xD haha these are basics of where I am going.. staying at Thistle City Barbican Hotel... We will be in London mostly...
  • Windsor Castle,
  • Walking Tour to Millennium Bridge,
  • Globe Theater,
  • St. Paul's Cathedral,
  • Evensong at Westminster Abbey,
  • Changing-of-the-Guard at Buckingham Palace,
  • Tower of London,
  • London Eye,
  • London West End Theater (seeing Wicked),
  • Choir Concert at Wesley Chapel (aka us performing),
  • Band Concert at Embankment Garden Park (yet again us performing),
  • Ferry Ride across English Channel.

I know as far as meals go we are on our own (aka eating out with a small group of our choosing wherever we choose nearby) Tuesday lunch in Windsor, Wednesday night for dinner, and Thursday night for dinner... PM me ASAP if you wanna arrange meeting or something of the sort haha restaurant recommendations? lol

Tomorrow I have an 11 AM flight to Atlanta then an 8 hour layover and like a 10:45 PM flight to London.. we arrive around noon.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Still waiting for you to get off of it.
NOPE NOPE NEVER

Explain to me this
BS was claiming that the XAT was his lawn, and promptly said 'GET OFF MY LAWN' to me for being on the chat, So i went into doodle and drew this masterpiece
I drew a portrait of old man sharkie too, But It got deleted before i could save it :(

Also slaps: I nee your mobile phone number
Mine is 447825 869 657

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Also slaps: I nee your mobile phone number
Mine is 447825 869 657
How is that gonna work? lol not too sure how my phone plan works in europe.. i do have roaming charges on calls but i have 50 txts i can send... not sure how roaming apply if im calling someone who lives in europe lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Roaming charges are the same standard for texting in both places. It least it was for me. I would suggest keeping messages to a minimum incase its a different offer for you

theeboredone

Smash Legend
PS3 of course. I will say, it's been a while since I've played a JRPG. Only an hour in, but about 30 or more minutes have been cut scenes.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Got a big tournament this week-end. Some small european attendance, and brawlers from all across france, as well as some "ancient brawlers" who retired like 1 or 2 years ago, still really good though.

This will be tough.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Got a big tournament this week-end. Some small european attendance, and brawlers from all across france, as well as some "ancient brawlers" who retired like 1 or 2 years ago, still really good though.

This will be tough.
Best of luck blubo! Rep ike for me untill i arrive at BBI2

Just found out that reverse Aether doesn't snap to the ledge anymore. :(
well we had to have SOMETHING that wasnt amazing

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
So I went to a fighting game tournament for Marvel and Skullgirls... Skullgirls did not happen, so I entered Soul Calibur on the silliest of whims, expecting to just go 0-2 and cry over not having the event for the only game I actually practiced for...

Did not do that well in Marvel, though I can attribute that to both inexperience (ogodblockstrings) and lack of practice (getting a correct block and punish, then dropping combos 3 hits in). Don't think I'm cut out for a game that punishes me for an entire character on one mistake, though I still find it fun to play otherwise.

Somehow got 4th in Soul Calibur V... Still figuring this one out, it was literally the second time I've touched the game, and the first was a 20-minute session with the video game club I'm in lol. I actually learned how to do supers in-between matches XD
what team do you play in marvel?
what character did you use in SCV?

oh also
hi

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Dante/Chun/Ryu
Leixia

hi =)
hmm.
that could be good with the right assists etc, but man..chun
but i say wait for the balance patch coming and see what happens. the game is getting ridiculous now that infinites were found.

lexia? no wonder, she's purty darn good even after the patch
haven't touched scV since before the patch, the game seems good but its so..eh.
GS getting 4th.

how is smash doing these days? everyone around me seems to be converting to other games.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
hmm.
that could be good with the right assists etc, but man..chun
but i say wait for the balance patch coming and see what happens. the game is getting ridiculous now that infinites were found.
I've stopped looking up what people say about individual characters, but do you mean "man..chun...ew" or "man..chun...yikes" >_> I've found I can make some good crossups with Dante and Ryu with assists, but I'm terrible at fighting zoning characters lol. I got wrecked by a really good Chris, could not find a way in.

lexia? no wonder, she's purty darn good even after the patch
haven't touched scV since before the patch, the game seems good but its so..eh.
GS getting 4th.
I basically played SC3 Xianghua, and I consider myself at least well-versed in that character. Just a matter of finding which moves were close to/exactly the same as hers. Nightmare, though... holy cow, he's ridiculous in SCV O.o

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

This will be tough.
Good luck man! Show them no mercy, for you shall receive n... actually, unless there's another Ike main you should be the only one there showing no mercy so you're good to go!

P:M Ike is pretty fascinating to play with. I've been using more often than anyone else, lol.
I'm not a huge fan of it but I'll admit it's pretty cool. I hosted a P:M tourney at my place last weekend (using demo v2.1) so here's a vid of my Ike... complete with player cam in my basement, because we're overkill for small tourneys. Also, just a heads up that there could be some swearing at points in these vids, there wasn't any official commentary going on so it's just banter between the players and background conversation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ImEvSZEBk

I don't actually play Melee at all and this was only my second time playing P:M so I basically had to rely on reads. I enjoyed the first match in that set though. Also here is Croi and I both going Ike in doubles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e2XQrsbNrk

We actually didn't do too bad on the whole. He'd figured out a few more tricks with Ike in P:M than I did. I started to make better use of things like Quickdraw later on in the tourney and during friendlies and it's more fun once you get used to some bread-and-butter techniques.

:248:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Obamacare has now passed. 5-4 vote. Ironically, the 5th one coming from a Justice that was appointed by Bush and did not want anything to do with this a while back.

I will say though, family has never had health insurance. The penalty goes into effect 2014...wonder what's gonna happen till then.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Obamacare has now passed. 5-4 vote. Ironically, the 5th one coming from a Justice that was appointed by Bush and did not want anything to do with this a while back.

I will say though, family has never had health insurance. The penalty goes into effect 2014...wonder what's gonna happen till then.
Ive heard about it, But never actually found out, What does obamacare entail?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ive heard about it, But never actually found out, What does obamacare entail?
In lamest terms, by 2014, people will be required to have health insurance. Of course, there will still be discounts and reductions for those that can't afford it. If you do not have health insurance, then you will have to write off on your tax return that you don't have any, giving you a fine. Checking off that you do have insurance I think may get you more on your return.

Welp, hope you Americans enjoy higher taxes and massive spikes in wait times for surgery.
Didn't know you were a fortune teller.

GP, totally random but, how is the NFL scene in England? I remember reading an article that one of the NFL owners would want a team there.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh I see, So rather than doing what europe does and having free healthcare for all, its simply becoming illegal to NOT have health insurance? sounds akin to car insurance then, sorry for you guys >.<

And american football is pretty dead here. For the past couple of years we've had one of the lesser NFL games hosted in london (I think it was tampa bay vs. A.N.Other last time) but the interest just isnt there really, that and everyone who would have played American football plays one of the two forms of rugby instead, Like i imagine rugby being dead in USA, no?

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
I was playing a couple of brawls as Ike (my secondary next to Falcon and Ness), and while I was confronting an Olimar player, I managed to K.O earlier than 100% with a fully charged Quick Draw (before it hits, Olimar was at 80% and died at 97%).

This surprised me a bit, which is why I'm bringing this here. I suspect bad DI on my opponent's part, but if it is not, this can be a very gimmicky way to take a stock out of Olimar.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, QD is just a terrible move to begin with against Olimar. Olimar throwing Pikmin at you (which he should be doing) nullifies QD. And we all know how long the cool down for that move is.

It can work on other characters, and I personally use QD out of no where for a free 10 damage. Rarely do I charge it up, expecting to hit someone. But yes, the knock back is rather good, though Olimar did probably DI poorly.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
... I know we play a bad character. But come on, man. We aren't that dumb.
Hey, Bad characters are known to draw dim people out, I remember one thread i saw on the falcon boards, about a guy thinking that falcon could ground release infinite everyone, and made A giant thread on it
He hadn't thought you get a person on the 2nd controller to disprove this theory, He was just re-grabbing dummy opponents in training mode XD

Only 1 use of QD, and that's when a person fails to tech and you charge QD to punish their roll/get up
And recovery mixups. I see san do that, Been trying to implement it myself (when fighting not-olimar)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Didn't know you were a fortune teller.
The new system is moving closer to the Canadian system. In Canada, we have higher taxes and the lines are longer. Higher taxes due to a lot of it being paid by the government here (translates to at least minor tax hikes in the US if poorer people are given a discount, the money has gotta come from somewhere), longer lines due to more people being able to afford the health care and thus going to clinics and the hospital more frequently, even when they don't really need to (don't think I need to translate that one over to how it will happen in the US)

More patients also means doctors and nurses get burned out quicker, which in turn means inferior bedside manners. It also means the that hospitals are going to need more supplies, which ups operating costs.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Only 1 use of QD, and that's when a person fails to tech and you charge QD to punish their roll/get up
I use it to recover effectively a lot.

And as an attack, if you're very sure and it's at the perfectly awkward spacing, you can throw it out and hit someone. But that's like... you just have to know when to do it.

It has a lot of uses for mobility, esp on platform stages.

It's not Dsmash. It's a good move. We just tell newbies not to use it because they will try to use it as a regular attack and TOO often on recovery. And THAT'S bad.

Top Bottom