• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Like any good science though, assuming they do have irrefutable proof, they are gonna try to figure out what comes after the Higgs Boson.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Mario 19%~88%
Luigi 0%~88%
Peach 0%~85%
Bowser 0%~99%
DK 11%~97%
Diddy 20%~86%
Yoshi 0%~93%
Wario 20%~93%
Link 10%~91%
Zelda 15%~82%
Sheik 19%~82%
Ganon 11%~94%
TL 3%~86%
Samus 19%~94%
ZSS 19%~80%
Pit 9%~87%
IC's 0%~85%
R.O.B 21%~93%
Kirby 28%~79% (Kirby sould jump+Airdodge)
MK 19%~79%
DDD 0%~95%
Olimar 0%~81%
Fox 18%~80%
Falco 19%~81%
Wolf 15%~91%
Falcon 22%~92%
Pikachu 19%~80%
Squirtle 18%~78%
Ivysaur 0%~89%
Charizard 11%~94%
Lucario 22%~90%
Jigglypuff 28%~74%
Marth 19%~84%
Ike 23%~92%
Ness 0%~87%
Lucas 0%~87%
G&W 0%~78%
Snake 11%~96%
Sonic 21%~87%
Didn't know if someone had put it in the guide, so I just looked it up in this thread.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Finally finished Eternal Sonata. Here's how I would score it...based on IGN's system

Presentation: 5.0. Story is actually meh, despite how much potential it has. Cliche two nations at war with one ruler being power driven, while other side is all peaceful. In between that, you got the girl who is destined to die, with the boy wanting to change it. And in between that, you have Chopin who is battling reality and fiction. Also, most characters are super one dimensional.
Gameplay: 7.5: It's RPG battle system, it's repetitive. However, it can get flashy. Also, the game is linear, so don't expect any sort of exploration.
Graphics: 8.0 (crappy for today's standards): Only thing I really disliked was the enemy design. Really repetitive with lazy palette swaps.
Sound: 8: Motoi Sakuraba + Chopin? Yes please. VAs solid for most part. However, the sound direction is terrible. A lot of lazy and boring cut scenes.
Lasting Appeal: 9: With a guide, I logged about 35 hours. Without it + Extra dungeon, you are easily looking at a 40-45 hour game. However, you can't go anywhere you want. This is a linear game.

Overall: 6.5

I didn't do the extra dungeon btw. Simply because I don't care for that stuff and it's not relevant to the story. However, I read the differences between PS3 and 360. I appreciate the extra cut scenes and clear up on some story elements.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm still a little buttsore about MK being banned and then the ruleset being disbanded.

Now there are just a lot of MKs AND Olimars.
Serious question, where are all these new Olimars you keep talking about?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Is that right? I cant seem to get it to work before 40%. I guess i'm not buffering it properly
Buffer the dash as soon as you see Ike kick, then flick the C-Stick for the dash attack. If you're waiting for after the kick, it's too slow and can be powershielded.

Edit: I see you, Mr. Doom.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I was the same, Still, I cant wait to get a computer that can actually run mount & blade so i can give it a go

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've hit a wall that's frustrating me in Brawl. It's not one where I'm not improving, but I'm spending the summer away from home working. I can't practice, but I have money now and have always been willing to travel, so I'm able to compete most weekends in either AL or GA. However, I've been choking horribly these last few events (despite playing above average in Melee and P:M). I literally SDed three times last weekend and was to rattled to win game 2 and managed to lose to a player that I haven't lost to in three years. I don't know what my problem is, so I'm stepping back and cooling off rather than getting extremely frustrated. As a result, I find myself playing more and more Ike. I'm winning money matches and enjoying myself. I do plan on going back to Falco, but I plan on playing mostly Ike this weekend and possibly for the remainder of the summer.

:phone:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thats fair enough, changing characters for a short while can always be refreshing. I went to rob for a month or so and it worked wonders for my ike

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oops sorry about that. I think I found what playstyle I will try next. I think I have been too aggro this past year, and caused me to lose sense of my own playstyle. Stage control, bait&punish, spacing, fully thinking through opponents' options. I wasn't doing much of that when I was playing aggro and frankly it just wasn't for me.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
San posting reminded me. I was hanging out with friends on skype watching the crew match from Impulse. We were enjoying hyping that up seeing as I was talking with one Canadian friend who was on the other side. I remembered making the comment that Ally was out and we still had San. That we had it because there was no one manly enough with Elliot's Snake gone. And then they sent in Stroumbert and I had to eat my foot before the match even took place.

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
For sure. I meant to do Unlisted lol

EDIT: And yes this works for Marth is you're wondering. I'm probably just late to the party here anyway though lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Alright just had to check.

The thing that originally made me look into it was because I was ledge dropping and double jumping and managed to somehow get a Counter at the ledge to where Ike's feet were touching the stage and it allowed me to renew my double jump. So then I played around with what I saw in the video. I never knew you could cancel your Ledge Hop animation so quickly which is why I found that weird. And since Ive never seen anyone use it, figured I'd go ahead and investigate. I was bored lol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, we discovered it, but the timing is iffy (at least i found it so) and it puts you in a bad position regardless of it you do it right or not

TreK

Is "that guy"
Hey guys, we had an argument on the Luigi boards. Most Luigis do not crouch after a jab, because when we buffer a dsmash, ftilt, upB or grab, it works just fine with no difference from our frame data based followup sheet that tells us what followups can and cannot be done against every character in the game.
But somebody asked on the general boards and they told him that crouching would be better and would allow us to jab cancel faster.

You guys... know a bit of stuff on that topic, so I figured it wouldn't be too dumb to ask here. Who's right ?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Crouch when you reset to jab 1 again. The reason to crouch is to avoid going on to jab 2 or jab 3.
Don't crouch when you follow it with anything else, because that uses unnecessary time; you can go into whatever else you want without crouching.

Does that suffice? Feel free to ask any other questions.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, what brett said, If you're going into any other attack then you dont need to crouch, but if you want to get jab1 then you have to crouch first

Top Bottom