• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Two words...Ghirahim,Demise. Oh my god! Why Are they so impossible to defeat? I had my brother kill ghirahim before (but he forgot to save) so I thought okay he's probably just like Ganondorf...WRONG!! For one thing his charges always get me, and the second half does not make any sense. My brother keeps telling me to look up a video, but I'm not a person who uses cheats. I usually just ask for advice from someone who's played it (well is that still cheating?...oh well) I've gone through too much to lose to Crazy Guy,and Beefy Guy. Do you know how many times I had to redo the trials? I don't want to think about it...it makes me shiver...

:phone:
Jam's advice is pretty much like "cheating." One is a visual example, while the other uses words lol. But yes, stop rushing, pay attention, and figure out his patterns. The game isn't really that hard.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
And thats why i hate games nowadays. Patterns, its why i play fighting games now.. And LoL

I still like RPGs though.. Love a good story.. Why tales of grace have to be ps3??

I'm gonna buy a ps3 when ps4 comes out and buy tales of grace/xillia then.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
to be honest, the fact that their are patterns in all games is why i like watching rugby these days. after playing fighting game i can see all the crossovers and various tactics that are being employed in a sport like that.
Just a damn shame I'm rubbis at playing sports themselves XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't mind patterns so long as it doesn't take 2 minutes to recognize, or if they make the situation harder than it needs to be. By that, I don't mean in 2D Mario when the screen slides over and you see a fireball right in your face.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
or if its thoroughly outside the box. like psycho mantis in metal gear solid. Honestly I have never been so in awe at a video game in my life

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i never got to experience any of them ****eries. but the whole 'plug into player 2 slot' really hit me for 6

i just used a cricket term in an american forum, get at me

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol you spelt 'melee playing device' wrong :B

but for serious, i actually didnt know that came out on GC too. i eat words

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Got 9th out of ~50 at a tournament in Saarbrucken, Germany. I went about 60% MK, 40% Ike. brackets here: http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2798/ypzbd44s_gif.htm

I obviously got to meet a bunch of new brawlers, including Yoh and Killian. They're awesome people and great Ikes. Yoh is indeed better than I am.
This week-end got me a little more motivated to keep going with Ike, but I'll still play MK.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
When the forum gets cleaned out, are all of those topics actually purged or could I have a moderator pull something up if I need it for a job position?

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I tried Pit vs BluB (falco) for our second match but it didn't go too well; apart from that I probably couldn't have won with Pit what I was going to lose with ike (TL and MK), so I didn't bother.

Yoh went only Ike indeed :)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
When the forum gets cleaned out, are all of those topics actually purged or could I have a moderator pull something up if I need it for a job position?
Yah, they only get soft deleted and stored in a database where SMods and up can access them. Not sure if I can access all of them, though maybe threads from the Ike boards specifically.

I don't know exactly how long they're stored; could be indefinite but I don't really know. I could ask about it if you want.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yah, they only get soft deleted and stored in a database where SMods and up can access them. Not sure if I can access all of them, though maybe threads from the Ike boards specifically.

I don't know exactly how long they're stored; could be indefinite but I don't really know. I could ask about it if you want.

You make a grand return and this is what you do: Answer the latest post

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You make a grand return and this is what you do: Answer the latest post
Haha, I've been lurking and checking in between studying and crap, just haven't felt particularly inclined to post since most of what you guys talk about isn't Ike or smash related (not that that's a problem, I just wouldn't have much to add to a lot of what's talked about).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Funny how that always seems to work out so conveniently. :troll:

posts 16864 to posts 16935 were Ike and smash related.
Er... what? All I noticed was the correlation to the number of total posts in the thread, no idea what you mean.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oh I see what you mean, I was confused cause you put "posts" plural twice, lol. Yah I checked in a few times during that, but you guys had always just answered a question and again, I didn't have anything worth adding.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Relatively even. Ike can't jab cancel as efficiently compared to when fighting other opponents. I see F-air as a useful tool in this match up along with up-tilt. F-air to space Peach's f-air and hovering, while up-tilt can be used if she is above you slightly. Also good to do jab > up-tilt for the kill.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Peach is a pinata. As in, ike wrecks her in the air. Peach has really good shield pressure and combo strings if you don't SDI, so don't let her get in. You can't punish her aerials on block because she can jab before you can even grab. You can mindgame and shield the jab and punish jab, but leaves you open to get grabbed.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I got valentine cards at work. Man i remember elementary school days people would buy the whole class candy/cards. Everything became obligation at that point.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The manliest man you will ever know about.

http://imgur.com/gallery/YWizn
Yeah, thats pretty manly

Valentines day didnt happen for me. I spent mine at a funeral for one of my school friends. Certainly more worthwhile than anything else that could have happened

Also peach, My big rule with peach is do not let her float in on your shield, as in. autocancel fair or dair onto you. its going to leave you with no shield and you'll probably take damage anyway

Top Bottom