• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dude wtf.
Got a girl's number last week.
She's freshly single, apparently.

Last night I invite her to hang with me today. She says yeah, she'll even drive to me. Then. Her sister advises that she doesn't do it. And she listens.

God. DAMMIT.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wait lol.

Dammit isn't caught by the language censor.

Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit

Damn
^

I could have sworn this was censored. But okay.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It used to be like a year ago, but there was a consensus to have it uncensored when it was time for a filter change. There was actually a huge debate about 'damn'... I forget exactly why it ended up uncensored. Just that it's really commonplace and only offensive if used in very specific contexts I guess.

:248:

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
What about the Match up between Ike and Kirby?

Also I've always wondered how people record their matches...you know how they record their t.v's? I can't really describe things well... .-. I wanted to post a video to be critiqued.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Dazzle does the trick. Basic term is a capture card.

Ike vs kirby leans in kirby's favor if he can get you offstage. He has the gonzo combo if he grabs you at 0 which can lead to some hard reads kn his part. Kirby has crap air mobility so you can space aerials well, and you kill him fast to boot. Tipper jab missed kirby ducking too, which sucks, use jab2 a lot more if they like to abuse ducking height.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Utilt is short, only finish the jab combo and punish their DI away making them get sent at a bad angle, or try to catch their jump with jab 2

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I don't see how Kirby's Fthrow combos should work. From the Kirbies I've played ff you SDI the Uair after the Fthrow you can fall far enough not to guarantee any follow-ups of the Kirby. No really good Kirby, but I just tap DI and it works 100% of the time for me.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Also don't ever Bair OoS against Kirby, it won't work. Pivot and Jab instead. Bair won't hit Kirby if he's on the ground, except at a very specific distance away, and it's a tiny window. Jab to Utilt is excellent for KOing Kirby, especially since he's so light.

And yeah, learn to properly SDI the Uair after his Fthrow, or the Utilt after his Dthrow. If you do it Mr. Doom style you should never get hit more than once after his throws even if he grabs you at 0%.

I wanted to post a video to be critiqued.
If time and budget are issues, I don't mind if you just film it with whatever you have available. Use a smartphone camera or a webcam or whatever and just film your TV, as long as it's not super-shaky and I can make out what the characters are doing, I'll critique it for you.

:248:

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
If Ussi can't do it, I suppose I can pull myself away from CSEX and record it for you.
Usually you would need a SD Card to save the replay to, so you can then send whomever the replay file itself via email or other means.

If you want to do it yourself, I would suggest avoiding dazzle, unless you are strapped for cash.

And I now remind myself I need to get rid of the frigging wifi waiting room stage for random, but have yet to find a program by any modder out there, that lets you import gct files and edit already placed code <_<. Guess imma have to compile one myself

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
For Kirby's 0% combo, I sometimes let people dumbly think they're going to SDI an Uair, and then I just grab them again when they do an aerial and experience 210945012950190 frames of landing lag. So certainly start to SDI upon hit, not upon Fthrow.

Also, beware of being taken TO THE MOOOOOOONNNNN

Top Bottom