• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
This is why the old man never visits anymore =(

I'm going to go ahead and interrupt this chain by acknowledging Ryo, after he got buried in this stuff after like 2 responses lol.

RYO IM STILL MAD AT YOU FOR QUITTING RARGH

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Not really tsundere, she is just giving no ****s to the nonsense that brett wants, heh.
Also those replays may end up taking a bit longer, a certain company doesn't like to give 64bit support to some of their USB devices <_<. So I am screwed over in having to make a dual boot into 32bit vista.

However I did see the replays a bit ago, straw....... and I do wish to ask how serious might you be in wanting to get better with Ike.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
tearbear (terry as we all call him), that guy adapts like crazy. After the tourney I asked him to do an Ike friendly and lost pretty much all the 4 games we played.

most other guys are all core players here only, they don't really go out-of-state for tournaments (pretty sure for the reason that I don't).

Awex is pretty much as skillful as terry but doesn't main random like him, he goes to alot of tourneys too; I'm surprised ppl here don't know him.
Lance is a great peach/samus player and a really cool guy himself.
Eclipse is a close friend of mine, we do alot of competitions and 2v2s together in many games.
Leo has a really good zss and pit, We had to do a best-of-three match to decide for the 5th placement.

yea i don't post much anymore, mainly 'cause of my senior year here at state. sorry guys. but I still do play brawl when i get the time for it.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Am I that bad! :(

:phone:
Never said you were, just I wasn't really expecting a KO fest for 2min. I'll go ahead and do what I can to get these two recorded and uploaded, nys may be able to still point things out, even in such a short amount of time. Just next time, make sure options are set to a stock battle; with 3 stocks and an 8 min timer.

Gonna go out on a limb here and guess that your wii isn't modded, if that's the case, go ahead and ask around for people to play you and that if they have the replay code enabled, if they can save a match or two so they can hand you the replay file.

Don't have to do it right this minute, but whenever you feel there is a need to is all.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Straw, have you seen videos of any sort of Brawl matches? If you have, you would know the general rule is 3 stocks, 8 minutes. If not, you should look up some competitive matches whether they have Ike or not.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
Oh, okay I'm sorry....but I do know how to get unlimited replay time, I have that one hack thing on my wii. I'm not a wiz at using it though :.P

I could send you a different replay

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I can give you the files to put into your sd card to give yourself unlimited replays and tags in replays. Works on wifi too.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Oh, okay I'm sorry....but I do know how to get unlimited replay time, I have that one hack thing on my wii. I'm not a wiz at using it though :.P

I could send you a different replay
I'd say go ahead and send a few more if you wish, still installing drivers on the other partition now since vista is up and running. Just go ahead and send them to the same email and i'll access them from the other side XD

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I loled at the fact that my 1,000th post in this thread was in a quad post chain and mentioned how I needed more tequila.

But then Craysyn took that away.
BTW Craysyn, I used to be cool and not drink, yes.
But now I'm cool and I sometimes drink socially with my friends.

I've come to many realizations about alcohol since turning 21.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
BTW Craysyn, I used to be cool and not drink, yes.
But now I'm cool and I sometimes drink socially with my friends.
I'm definitely not judging or anything, just one less thing we have in common now, that's all. :c

I've come to many realizations about alcohol since turning 21.
The only realization I came to about alcohol when I turned 18 was that I still didn't need it. :smirk:

:248:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm definitely not judging or anything, just one less thing we have in common now, that's all. :c
Aye, sorry for the loss in that department. We still have our irreligious tendencies, our general playstyle with Ike, and our passion for proper grammar. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, too.
The only realization I came to about alcohol when I turned 18 was that I still didn't need it. :smirk:

Lol, that's one of the realizations I made. Which is precisely why I DO drink it. Despite family history, it's easy for me to not need/want it (and I know my limits well). It's merely an occasional fun-enhancer. Like, playing video games drunk with friends is a RIOT. Or sometimes it just makes me feel classy after a nice meal or takes the edge off a long day (a simple gin and tonic does both of those).

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just try to stay away from drinks since alcoholism runs in my family. Don't want any part of that. But the few times I did didn't really have much effect, and I want it to stay that way.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
So insert hype for a tourney here at State College, PA on March 24th.

Ussi, you better come. The rest of you I expect slightly less to come, or in other words you better be there too.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Oh, sounds nice.

Random memory:

When I was in a private school, the principal was named Mr. Stein. Sounds pretty scary now that I look back.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So insert hype for a tourney here at State College, PA on March 24th.

Ussi, you better come. The rest of you I expect slightly less to come, or in other words you better be there too.
Is it like, just a college-organized thing (lotsa scrubs)? If so, win that. If not... win that.

Random memory:

When I was in a private school, the principal was named Mr. Stein. Sounds pretty scary now that I look back.
Goosebumps nostalgia.

That sounds weirder than it should.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Oh, sounds nice.
That doesn't look like a "YES I'LL BE THERE PREPARE YOURSELF"

Is it like, just a college-organized thing (lotsa scrubs)? If so, win that. If not... win that.

Yes and no. It's a group up here meant for competitive Smash that's holding a tourney up here. We are an actual club on campus (well, club-in-the-making), but trying to make this tourney something more than just a campus tourney. It's not gonna be FFAs with Items on, first to 3 wins moves on >_>

And that state college is where? Like on thr other side of PA?
Central PA, AKA Penn State town.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
hmmmm, well just saw em, i'll prolly upload one/two out of the 4 new ones sent. Going to be brutally honest for a second, and suggest you find some people to play over wifi or locally at a tourney or smash fest, be they friendlies from people over on AIB, or just asking someone if they can set a time/date to have a couple of 1v1's with you. A cpu is rarely the best way to judge what you are really capable of, and what needs to be worked on.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Straw, i will play you, hollar a time you want to play

@BS ok thats farther away than NYC tourneys ya know for me. If i want to stomp people at college i'll do it at my own..

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My hype meter is always pretty mellow until like the day of the tournament, lol.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Straw, i will play you, hollar a time you want to play

@BS ok thats farther away than NYC tourneys ya know for me. If i want to stomp people at college i'll do it at my own..
I didn't ask for complaints, I commanded you to come.

My hype meter is always pretty mellow until like the day of the tournament, lol.
See, san said he's coming.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Megabus and greyhound go to State College. Bus station is literally right across from the edge of campus (technically on-campus, but we don't own it lol).

Anmist should get off his butt and play you berry, since you're both west coast.

Top Bottom