• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
play - yes
**** the living hell out of them - no
XD
Depends, really. The best way to drop a bad habit is to have it beaten out of you by a really smart player. On the other hand, a really new player who still has to master the basics wouldn't really be able to properly learn anything from getting read like a book.

Edit: All this talk of WiFi is making me think of the bi-weeklies.

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Now? Or tomorrow? I have no one :( My brother is in college so he doesn't take the time to play me when he comes home...he just goes over to his friends house :urg:
Tomorrow, tonight is movie night! The Secret World Of Arrietty came out in theaters today.

Also, be confident in yourself, no confidence will just lead to you quitting.

@BS when is the tourney? Gotta see if the date doesn't interfere.

@brett lol hey i once lost to almost everyone one week. I beat like sen and Like the one new guy that shows up on a biweekly.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You wound me BS, you used an action to caps your statement.

But yea, that mentality kills you at anything anyways, not just here.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
:urg: I should just give up...I'm no good anyway. :(
Getting good just takes time, patience and practice. Three years ago I was terrible at this game but I thought I was amazing because I only ever played my brother. Then I quickly realized I was terrible but I kept on playing anyways. I'm not the best player ever but I've certainly come a long way.

You just have to stick with it, that's all it takes. WiFi is a great way to start, and if you can't find Ussi or any of the rest of us here available, check out allisbrawl.com. They have a great match-making and chat system for finding people to play online.

The old man has spoken.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
1 - Nysyarc
2 - Meneil
3 - Ranger
4 - Jam
5 - Slaps
6 - Bored
7 - RedX
8 - G.P

Oh **** jam got 4th. But none of the veterans went to more than 1 besides Sharkie. Also sen you went 0-13 that season.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
That doesn't mean much...
Know what else doesn't mean much? Being unranked in your area. Get at me.

Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 92%. They have good movie tastes?
RT tends to be very subjective, and a lot of the critics are pretty bad. That said, I often do agree with their ratings. Every once in awhile though, I personally think they're way off.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Know what else doesn't mean much? Being unranked in your area. Get at me.
I'd rather be unranked in one of the toughest areas in North America compared to being ranked in one of the easiest.

RT tends to be very subjective, and a lot of the critics are pretty bad. That said, I often do agree with their ratings. Every once in awhile though, I personally think they're way off.

[/QUOTE]

Still something I like to look at before seeing movies. There's a way to filter it so you can only look at the "top" critics and their reviews.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'd rather be unranked in one of the toughest areas in North America compared to being ranked in one of the easiest.
Well if we're including all of North America then we'd actually be in the upper percentiles. Way more small-time scenes than really competitive ones.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I liked the movie, it was cute. Nice having theater to myself too.

Reminded me of the little bits, but anime style. Voice acting was done well, and the art style was impressive. I love miyazaki films.

Movie had a bit if a sad end, but it put more emphasis on what i'd say the theme is of moving on.

Top Bottom