• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Fireman

Smash Rookie
OH. I remember... I think Kimchi talked about you. And that you were actually a big surprise in terms of skill.

@Ussi-- I am the musician. I just basically took over the bass section of the chamber choir at UNT today-- and I am not a vocalist.
Yeah. San made me fight Kimchi, Slaps, and Red-X, in 1v1's. We also did some team battles (which was literally my first ever serious team battle lol).

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I don't think I've seen Kimchi say anyone is bad, unless he didn't like the person. Not to discount anything he says, just a gray line of clarity for me.

I'm pretty sure the defining point of a good or bad Ike is if you've been subject to Red's Uthrow. >________________>

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
But you also don't see Kimchi say people are really good.
He'll give compliments and call people not bad and say they do this well and that well. But outright saying someone surprised him opened my ears.

Also, Soren, San probably had you fight Kimchi, Slaps, and Red because they were WifIkes, the only ones that wouldn't mind playing you online at the time. Kimchi has quit and Slaps no longer plays Wifi. Red is derping around somewhere at the moment.

Fireman

Smash Rookie
Ohh. I was hoping to find one top Ike player that still uses Wifi lol. I'm guessing none of you use it anymore?

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Dude the only wemen you have in the ike boards you just keep kicking them out with that stupid sexism >_>

-----------------------------
How to hit a fully charged fsmash safelly?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dude the only wemen you have in the ike boards you just keep kicking them out with that stupid sexism >_>
LOL WHAT?
Sexism? Wait. Are you talking about the thread title? When I called a silly attack that I use in silly situations my girlfriend? And insisted that it was good?
And wait... when did anybody kick out Meneil, Foodies, Global-Wolf, Cristina, etc? They just don't come around as often, or post as often. Matter of fact, if I ever talk to them, I more often than not encourage them to come post.
Seriously... do you know what you're talking about?
-----------------------------
How to hit a fully charged fsmash safelly?
Oh. I guess you DON'T know what you're talking about. Ever.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I... do kinda miss Meneil. Lul at many posts prior.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Freakin' I miss all of them. They were all cool. I regrettably never talked much to Meneil, but Cristina brightened up the boards whenever she was around, and I adore both Foodies and Global-Wolf.

Speaking of girls I want to come back. I miss Red-X.

Dat Archer

Smash Cadet
Probably going to sound like a noob, but whatever.

Wifi is really different from offline playing. Imo it slows, screws, and is just plain awful for competive naturals and shouldn't be taken serious. Ever.

:phone:

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Yay, no more fasting. God I feel all skinny and out of shape.

Brett, Global Wolf still gets on SWF often lol.
I can't help but ask, if your fasting every Ramadan, wouldn't later on by the time yer in the late 50's/60's , you'd end up with some sort of serious bone malnourishment?

This just perplexes me so much, even if there is medical benefits to an extent.

As for the wifi warriors: Meh, how bout I just play this Fire guy and we all call it a day :awesome: , Sure as hell won't Ike ditto each time tho. Secondary/NewMain every other round perhaps.

I need to do something while good fortune tries to find me in terms of a damn job <_<

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You're not eating for basically 12-15 hours. In this case, it was 5 am till 8 pm roughly. Essentially, you still get breakfast and dinner. With all that being said, I've never heard of such things as bone malnourishment.

If anything, the chances it happening to say my dad or mom is the same as a non-muslim.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
You're not eating for basically 12-15 hours. In this case, it was 5 am till 8 pm roughly. Essentially, you still get breakfast and dinner. With all that being said, I've never heard of such things as bone malnourishment.

If anything, the chances it happening to say my dad or mom is the same as a non-muslim.
Guess it would of been more correct to say something along the lines of just malnutrition, any whom my curiosity was fed after mentioning breakfast and dinner. Sorry to pry my thoughts like that onto ya, i'll go back to my corner now lol.

Not sure if old news but here it goes. At very low percents if MK nados you, I had luck hitting MK with bair. I only got it to work as high as 10 percent but if some MK is nadoing you and is at high percent and you're low it could yield a kill. Haven''t tested beside the friendlies I played but it worked consistently.

Does it depend on what sort of position you're in? Standing next to him? Above him? If he starts his nado from a short hop? Etc.
No I don't think so. Only did it like 4 times. Here is the scenario. You are on a fresh stock 0%. Doesn't matter what percents he is at but the higher the better chance to kill. MK starts tornado at get like 10% in. You spam bair and it hits him cause you are low enough that nado doesn't send you far away. It also couldn't hurt to DI towards him since you are bairing him. I'll try to go over my friends are make a video one brb.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Yeah. San made me fight Kimchi, Slaps, and Red-X, in 1v1's. We also did some team battles (which was literally my first ever serious team battle lol).
say wut? Who you? 0.0

Also, Soren, San probably had you fight Kimchi, Slaps, and Red because they were WifIkes, the only ones that wouldn't mind playing you online at the time. Kimchi has quit and Slaps no longer plays Wifi. Red is derping around somewhere at the moment.
Derp? I don't recall the name Fireman.. And i just started up wifi again.. needed a rage break :p lol but I'm getting back into it =]..

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
wait kimchi is a wifike? I always thought he was a offline person lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So.. I went and checked my weight now that Ramadan is over...

Gained 3 pounds ._.;;

Kimchi did both in his time i believe.

Malnutrition only happens if ya didn't eat proper meals across 2 meals.

Gonna be so weird eating in the daytime now

Ike BAIRing Nado
Here it is a little rushed but you can see what I meant. Not the best vid but in a game it could yield a kill. Just showing that nado at low percent can be punished even if they hit you.

edit: The more I look at this the more it just looks like for some weird reason nado didn't hit me with the final hitbox. Sorry I got hyped for nothing

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I'm doing the Insanity workout thing off of TV. I'm doing it with some friends. I'm gonna stick to it and hopefully find a healthier way to eat from this. 60 days of intense shiz. Wish me luck.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
insanity workout?
sounds fun. i might give it a look XD although id rather be back in the warehouse pulling giant crates, that was pretty healthy, and i was getting paid too >.<

also, i had no idea foodies was a girl. i obviously pay attention :B

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm doing the Insanity workout thing off of TV. I'm doing it with some friends. I'm gonna stick to it and hopefully find a healthier way to eat from this. 60 days of intense shiz. Wish me luck.
I was at my friend's house one weekend, and we got bored, so we went On Demand. We saw this workout thing playing in the preview pane, and I decided to come up with a suggestion. We found this 20-minute cardio and leg video, and put a bet on last mn standing out of us three. I won, but hot damn, it was harder than I thought it would be. She kept switching around a ****load and I was not prepared for too many of the transitions, lawl.

When it comes to getting my exercise nowadays, I do so on my own. My school weight-training starts next week after Labor Day, so I'll consider that. My injured leg is feeling a bit better; it tends to hurt just as much if I land on some areas of it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
:x my friend has researched how to do proper workouts so he's told me what i should be doing if i wanted to work out for strength or size or just preserve.

Hopefully i'll be hitting it up in the gym since i'm stuck in college for 3 hours everyday cause of my sister (car pooling but different time classes)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, i jsut need to shift my extra mass first, there isnt much of it but its certainly there, its easy enough to transition into muscle mass apparently, so imma take that route
also, my beard is fuzzy

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I love me some Chipotle. It would take me a long time to get tired of it.

Gahhhh, I can't equalize pressure in my left ear. This is the most uncomfortable I think I have ever been. WHAT DO I DO?

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
I love me some Chipotle. It would take me a long time to get tired of it.

Gahhhh, I can't equalize pressure in my left ear. This is the most uncomfortable I think I have ever been. WHAT DO I DO?
Is it possible you have a serious wax buildup in your ear? I know I once did and it was really annoying for multiple days, I went to the doctor, he put this turkey baster kind of thing in my ear and it worked pretty well. I don't know if ear infections cause that problem, but that might be something to look into as well.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My friend's dad gave him a dare to eat 20+ of the hottest wings in the state for 60$. I would have happily obliged myself, but he did it. No water was allowed during, or 30 minutes afterward. He looked like he was going to pass out, lmao.

Top Bottom