• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
As for the Yoshi partnering, I just thought of something out of the blue. Not sure how well it would work.

Abuse his unpokable shield. It sucks in singles, but I think it can work to a team's advantage. As long as you don't break his shield, you don't have to worry about accidentally hitting him as well when it comes to knocking people off of him. And if you do break his shield, just jab him once. >_>

You can also try using Bthrow to throw characters into his grab range, and then grab release stuff.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Brett how long did you have to get ***** by take to get familiar with the Marth matchup? Cause i suck hard at that matchup and need some serious help with it lol.. Whobo 2 i got double 3 stocked by RoyR sooo yeah i really need help with it.. haha

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I liked D3's. Bear hug. Lmao. Peach's made me giggle a little bit too.

Edit

Slaps, the match-up is sort of dumb. 9/10 times, whoever attacks first loses. Space like no other. And don't make the mistake I keep making of trying to jab or grab after his Fair unless you KNOW he mis-spaced it.

Also, know that he has one less getup option than others because of the "bull**** lag". Jump back Fair is generally effective and safe. Ummm, shield a lot without spot-dodging or you'll eat dancing blade. Eh, if you have any other questions, go ahead and ask.

To be fair, Roy wasn't at the -tip top- of his game when he played me (then again, he only plays every few months, lol, so I'm not sure how legit that excuse is).

so a couple days ago i felt good and decided to test my ike out in some friendlies with my crew and did fairly well. Anyway i was jab canceling zzs a bit and messed it up and did a down tilt. He didn't prepare himself and dodged after the d tiltand i was feeling a bit silly and used a f smash and it hit him. He must have been DIing badly so it sent him pretty far but didn't kill him but i managed to gimp him with a edge hog. Anything similar happen to anyone else. I think he was at early 30%.

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I liked D3's. Bear hug. Lmao. Peach's made me giggle a little bit too.

Edit

Slaps, the match-up is sort of dumb. 9/10 times, whoever attacks first loses. Space like no other. And don't make the mistake I keep making of trying to jab or grab after his Fair unless you KNOW he mis-spaced it.

Also, know that he has one less getup option than others because of the "bull**** lag". Jump back Fair is generally effective and safe. Ummm, shield a lot without spot-dodging or you'll eat dancing blade. Eh, if you have any other questions, go ahead and ask.

To be fair, Roy wasn't at the -tip top- of his game when he played me (then again, he only plays every few months, lol, so I'm not sure how legit that excuse is).
I can pretty much agree on this haha.

Just wondering, if any1 has heard of SW The Old Republic , the new MMO that comes out in Spring, is any considering of playing? I'm jw, it looks pretty bad ***

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Just wondering, if any1 has heard of SW The Old Republic , the new MMO that comes out in Spring, is any considering of playing? I'm jw, it looks pretty bad ***
I can't wait. I just recently bought the PC versions of KotOR 1 and 2 to play through a few times before it comes out, even if it isn't too heavily related to them. I loved those games and I just hope this MMO can live up to the standard they set, particularly KotOR 1.

:034:

I can pretty much agree on this haha.

HERE is the youtube link to new revel vids coming out. I want to play this but more than anything i want to find out what happen to Revan (my favorite SW character ever)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The Empire Strikes Back will always be my favorite of the movies, but I find Revenge of the Sith is the easiest to watch a second and even third time because of all the action going on... despite the abysmal acting by Hayden Christensen.

I'm looking forward to trying out the combat system in The Old Republic; I have yet to be impressed by a Star Wars game as far as lightsaber combat goes, but the visuals in KotOR have come closest so far.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I didn't mind Christensen's acting. It was the lines that he was given that screwed up the character. He did a good job for what he was given, and how he was probably told to act.

I love the Expanded Universe of Star Wars though, particularly the books. Yay Yuuzhan Vong War spanning 19 books! :D Though they kill Chewie off in that series. And the Legacy of the Force series made me want to faceplam anytime Boba Fett wasn't the focused upon character. Stupid Jacen Solo...so out of character...suppose to turn into the most powerful Sith ever and I couldn't help but laugh at how dumb he was...though I'm glad that Jaina killed him.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dang, no spoiler alert Niddo? Well since we're going that route..

Jacen Solo kills Luke's wife.

Jacen Solo owns Luke's son.

Boba Fett trains Jaina (I think).

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oh thanks guys, I might have enjoyed reading those sometime. Although I never really could get into Star Wars things other than video games and the two main trilogies, so I don't know if I ever would have gotten around to reading them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Do what I did Nys, wiki them lol.

Actually Red, that's proven wrong in the later books. You should go read up on that. Unless you just want it spoiled here.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This is explained in the later books which basically plot hax the entire storyline during/before the clone wars. Basically, they decided to go the route of where Padme actually had an affair once with an unnamed Jedi. The reasons for this was primarily that Anakin was always gone, and she was starting to become troubled by who Anakin was becoming. Anyways, it was a one time fling out of emotions, and the unnamed Jedi was eventually killed by Anakin later on when he went Vader mode.

Luke first gets warnings or hints through his dreams. He asks Anakin and Obi Wan's ghost about it, both knowing nothing of course. The ghost of Anakin...despite being a wise jedi sage now isn't all that depressed from such possible revelations. I guess he either dismisses them as dreams or he's totally over Padme. Anyways, because Luke burned his father's body via funeral long ago, he goes on this epic journey while disappearing without a trace (kinda like Nys) to find out the truth. This is the part where I'm getting tired of explaining, so basically...he finds out what's going on, meanwhile all the good guys are in trouble via war because Luke isn't there, he has to get his rear in gear, and mostly fights the good fight out of rage before calming down and sparing some general's life.

The end.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, the expanded universe stuff is mostly like... made by fans and not George Lucas himself right? This whole Padme having an affair thing doesn't sound like something Lucas would have included in the story. Anakin and Padme's love for one another was part of the tragedy in Anakin's downfall; if you have her sleeping around and someone else as Luke's father... there goes several major plot points and themes of the main movies down the drain.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nah, all the stuff going on in the expanded universe is canon. Lucas acknowledged it. If anything, you gotta create some kind of controversy or heated debates to keep fans on the edge.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
That makes sense I guess. I'll just stick to the movies and games though, the idea that Vader might not be (or isn't) Luke's father doesn't sit too well with me.

This is explained in the later books which basically plot hax the entire storyline during/before the clone wars. Basically, they decided to go the route of where Padme actually had an affair once with an unnamed Jedi. The reasons for this was primarily that Anakin was always gone, and she was starting to become troubled by who Anakin was becoming. Anyways, it was a one time fling out of emotions, and the unnamed Jedi was eventually killed by Anakin later on when he went Vader mode.

Luke first gets warnings or hints through his dreams. He asks Anakin and Obi Wan's ghost about it, both knowing nothing of course. The ghost of Anakin...despite being a wise jedi sage now isn't all that depressed from such possible revelations. I guess he either dismisses them as dreams or he's totally over Padme. Anyways, because Luke burned his father's body via funeral long ago, he goes on this epic journey while disappearing without a trace (kinda like Nys) to find out the truth. This is the part where I'm getting tired of explaining, so basically...he finds out what's going on, meanwhile all the good guys are in trouble via war because Luke isn't there, he has to get his rear in gear, and mostly fights the good fight out of rage before calming down and sparing some general's life.

The end.
what book is this in????

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Dang, no spoiler alert Niddo? Well since we're going that route..

Jacen Solo kills Luke's wife.

Jacen Solo owns Luke's son.

Boba Fett trains Jaina (I think).
Correct, correct, and correct.

And I have talked about that stuff before in this topic! You all should have known that stuff already! :(

Even so, I haven't actually spoiled that much. Like half of it you find out by reading the back of the later books.

Though I have never heard of Vader not being the father. And I've read over 100 Star Wars novels. >_>

Iofsauron

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait. I just recently bought the PC versions of KotOR 1 and 2 to play through a few times before it comes out, even if it isn't too heavily related to them. I loved those games and I just hope this MMO can live up to the standard they set, particularly KotOR 1.

Yeah I know! I use to play World of Warcraft until about last December, and I stopped because the PvP was so god awful, I couldn't stand it! I'm hoping it will be good. I wonder what space battles will be like though, it'll be really good, or it will just be really bad :ohwell: but I'm excited to play, I just can't wait till spring! :bee:

But anyway, I think maybe we should get a list of peeps and all of us start on a server when it comes out in spring, it would be sweet

Rikter

Smash Cadet
So what exactly can I do to practice with Ike when the only other Brawl player in my Area I can meet with consistently is around the same skill level and were not really good. Also I don't have Wi-Fi and going to tourneys frequently isn't doable at the moment for me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ouch, well one suggestion I can do is try to get wifi. Second suggestion would be to watch videos of good Ike players (San, Red-X, Mr. Doom, Me) and try to emulate some of the stuff we do. Of course, not having the chance to play a competitive player who mains X character is gonna suck. Yea, video emulation and study is your best bet.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Emulation, then intelligent deviation.

It works incredible well for anyone just learning about a game/character.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Top Bottom