• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Won the tournament, straight Ike. I got a $30 Gamestop gift card and a free Momocon pass that I have to redeem. Really fun one, there were lots of people there. Had to face a Snake player in GFs that beat me 2-1 in Winner's just before I made it to semis. Won 6-2 in GFs, got a jab lock > Dtilt in the last game, but everyone went ballistic on a handful of other kills either of us got. Mad hype sets.

I used too much buffered dash attack, and I wasn't properly dealing with grenades. Those were the only flaws of mine that I recall, I 2-0'd everyone else I had to play, but it was difficult later on, as expected. Didn't manage to get any sets recorded, unfortunately, played everything on unhacked Wii consoles. There was also this beautiful girl that I kept making eye contact with, but didn't talk to very much. I wish I knabbed those ****ing digits. Like, dude.:applejack:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Never be ashamed or afraid to try talking to a girl if she looks and acts cute.
Everyone gets rejected. It's no big deal. You just need to knock on every door until you find one that lets you in.

Being afraid of rejection is like finding a bunch of covered silver platters on a table, all of which are empty except for one that has your favorite meal, and refusing to lift a cover on any of them because you're afraid of picking an empty platter.

In short,
you should have ftilted her, bro.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
What everyone else said bout FTiliting er.
Sides, whats the worse that could happen aside from rejection? XD

Anyways, paid off nearly half of the 3DS, get commented on how both systems look in almost absurd mint condition (even commented on the boxes ->_<), along with the perfect application of the screen protector for my PSP. End up getting one hell of a fuzzy feeling from it all XD, anyways, pretty much a wii and a psp, landed me close to $90 bucks in reservation. So now to play ze waiting game.....

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Don't do it, Brett. Don't use Eruption unless your Ragnell is sheathed.:applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ragnell can't be sheathed, its got a tip that would break any sheath... Unless the sheath was too big and would just fall off.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
zatch, I noticed that it was a con-tourney, So i'm going to have to ask you: How did the organisers manage to get all of the players back to the tournament setups at the right time? last time we did this at a cn in the uk they would signup, play their first match and then dissapear into the con and not come back till much later. any tips?

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
GP knows what I was thinkin'.

And the TO strongly emphasized that the tourney was double elimination. I think only one player didn't report back for his match, and he was replaced rather than just DQ'd, since it was the preliminary round. This was an on campus tournament, so I'm assuming most of the players that went attended the college. There were also only five setups, but the tourney ran swimmingly; finished in about 7 hours or so. Can't imagine how hectic it'd be if doubles were planned.:applejack:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
GP knows what I was thinkin'.

And the TO strongly emphasized that the tourney was double elimination. I think only one player didn't report back for his match, and he was replaced rather than just DQ'd, since it was the preliminary round. This was an on campus tournament, so I'm assuming most of the players that went attended the college. There were also only five setups, but the tourney ran swimmingly; finished in about 7 hours or so. Can't imagine how hectic it'd be if doubles were planned.:applejack:
oh good, I wasnt the only one.

yeah, but I do that too, people seem to just be stupid, like they need a notification to something to do anything...
actually, I just got it, will get peoples phone numbers during signups :D

C.J.

Smash Master
I knew that because i knew ganon could haha

Likewise, if you shield DKs ledge attack sub 100 you should be able to fsmash it too

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Perfect shield or normal? Cause normal does sort of push you back/stun you a bit. Also, what's the for a lack of better term, "breathing room" to execute it?

Top Bottom