• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think it'll be fine. A little worried about what the EU/JP players will be like, though.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
It's bad because you play really well with the adrenaline and then when you think you're about to be done being nervous because you're going to win...
you do something stupid.

aka choke

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I'd also just like to point out for those who are signed up for singles to not let nerves affect them too much. You need to constantly adapt to an opponent's playstyle and being nervous kinda interferes with the thought process that allows you to do that.

By the way, what day are most of you guys going to be there?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Smashfest new years eve party sounds epic GP, but what about family?
What about 'em? New years eve is also my brothers birthday, and he really prefers it if im not around for it. This is also the first year im legally allowed to get slaughtered on new years eve, so i did!

I'd also just like to point out for those who are signed up for singles to not let nerves affect them too much. You need to constantly adapt to an opponent's playstyle and being nervous kinda interferes with the thought process that allows you to do that.

By the way, what day are most of you guys going to be there?
So much this!
And im going to be there all 3 days

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
We're leaving to drive Friday at like 2-4 AM so we'll get there early afternoon I think.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lets play little busters! part 3:

Whelp I've finished Rin's route part 1. I'll save part 2 for later as I like doing the main heroine's route last. (part 2 is basically redoing her route as completing her route the first time unlocks a new personality for Rin for all future runs)

Now then, I'm doing Komari's route:
Another memory related route. This time the heroine of the route, Komari, suffers from trauma of the death of her older brother. Her brother's dying words to her, was that he was just a dream. Komari was too sad as it was to not believe them so she ended up not knowing if her brother was real or not. Later on, an event reminds her of the trauma of her brother's death that she remembers everything that happens... Now she's lifeless and mixes up Riki with her brother to the point she starts calling Riki "Onii-chan" (big brother).. that's as far as i got for now.

Also some funny tidbits that happened related to mini-games: after completing Mio's route, she gets an Easter egg for the battle rankings. She gets to use sci-fi weapons and thus makes her a deadly force that she got to rank 2 so effortlessly during my Rin route. (Some of her weapons just 1 shotted people after loading, other weapons let her finish people off in 2 turns. Also, there is a secret masked fighter who entered the battle rankings if you choose your options right. He's got 220ish in all stats and comes with complete weapon mastery of all weapons. But the most hilarious part was he lost in a battle ranking, not once but twice... due to the RNG goddess not liking him so he missed all his KO attacks and suffered the wrath of 12 cats from Rin and whatever Haruka was using.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Also some funny tidbits that happened related to mini-games: after completing Mio's route, she gets an Easter egg for the battle rankings. She gets to use sci-fi weapons and thus makes her a deadly force that she got to rank 2 so effortlessly during my Rin route. (Some of her weapons just 1 shotted people after loading, other weapons let her finish people off in 2 turns. Also, there is a secret masked fighter who entered the battle rankings if you choose your options right. He's got 220ish in all stats and comes with complete weapon mastery of all weapons. But the most hilarious part was he lost in a battle ranking, not once but twice... due to the RNG goddess not liking him so he missed all his KO attacks and suffered the wrath of 12 cats from Rin and whatever Haruka was using.
Read this paragraph and all I could think was...

"Yeah, this game is from Japan."

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its a japan only game. I have to have my laptop set to japanese to even play it.

just completed komari's route.
A song starts up and I'm like "WHAT THE HELL?" Turns out Komari got her own credit song. Its an epic song too, Alicemagic its called. Anyways, Riki takes to Komari's father (i assume) and how Komari's mother went through the same thing she did. Now the father tells Riki how he decided to pretend to be the brother. But it didn't work so Riki took those words to heart and decided to bring Komari to terms of the real world. Riki draws a picture book like how Komari's brother did, and it brings her back. End story.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
As your driver, we will be there as long as we can Sunday. Obviously we have classes Monday, but we'll figure it out.
I'd be fine with leaving early Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll be sick of watching Brawl by evening and won't have much outside of friendlies to do. I got class 9:05 Monday morning too so... >.>

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Okay, Apex pools up.

Ussi:

Pool 41

Nicole
vVv ChiboSempai
V1CE
nuke
Ussi

Berserker Swordsman:

Pool 5

Tyrant
John12346
Berserker Swordsman
Ray Rocket
MX

Ryo:

Pool 57

Ryo_Guikido
Mekos
What’s The Point
Dr.Yogi
FGCU Veggi

San:

Pool 55

San
Grimace
Pitzer
FGCU SSGuy
Juxtapoz Mako

Blubolouis (you're blubo right?):

Pool 25

Cable
Xaltis
Kenrawr
Auzie
Blubo

Golden-Psyco:

Pool 19

Nairo
Golden-Psyco
Kurei
Rockmix
Nordal

I think most of us can make it out round 1. Mine and Ryo's aren't that difficult. Grimace is a good snake player.

Berserker, I played John #s before and he is good. I think you can handle him, though. I could see you doing well vs Tyrant too, good luck.

Blubo, yours is pretty difficult. You may be able to get a win out of cable since he's been relatively inactive recently as far as I know. Xaltis has a lot of experience with Ryo but you may surprise him.

GP, I think you can make it out. It will still be quite a challenge. I think kurei is good.

Ussi, you'll have to try to pull an upset here, but I still think you have a chance if you play your best and receive some tips before playing them.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
You forgot Old Man Sharkie D:

Pool 1

DEHF
Nysyarc
Punishment Divine
Adept
Kaptain

I only recognize Larry and PD.

Does John#s play MK or Lucario? I'm pretty sure I've played him on wifi before... And I have no idea who Ray Rocket is, but I'm going into the pool assuming every person is a competitor, so not like I need to know badly.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
John #s plays Lucario.

Funny how I forgot Nysyarc when his was the first I saw (for obvious reasons). I guess I forgot since Nysyarc should make it out without too much issue.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Ussi your fine man lol I can back you up bro for support. Same for all the other Ikes! Let's all chill together. San I will call when I get there at the venue

:phone:

Top Bottom