• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I keep thinking I'm a teenager still, when I'm 20. >_>

And I don't drink. I could if I was in Canada, but never have, and have no plans of ever getting drunk. Might try wine someday, but that would be about it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Alcohol is rampant throughout my family, so I'm obliged to abstain from drinking.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
By the way, I was wondering why everytime people shielded my aether it always shield poked.

If you aether and aim towards the back of the opponent's feet, 90%+ chance to shield poke a full shield non-moving. Moving your shield makes your more susceptible to shield pokes.

So when you aether offstage, hold forward momentarily before the initial hitbox comes out to get at their back.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
What's even more crazy is I'm the one who cut myself off. I expected my friends to stop me before that. But once I reached double digits, I said TIME TO STOP. It happened fast.

Though the fact that I was able to stop myself because nobody else had done it yet... and after so much... it does make me feel better about myself.

Alcohol has its history with my family too, so I was really pretty nervous about last night. But I did well. That's why I was proud to stop myself.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If they're a fair distance away from the ledge, you won't really be able to reach the opponent's back that easily unless it's down a little bit. You can still drift around their shield while Ike is spinning, also. You can also still aim at other visible gaps even though the back feet (and sometimes the forehead) are the easiest places to aim.

That's why it's pretty safe to even land onstage while they're shielding near the edge, and aim it so when you fall down, it hits behind them. It could either shield poke anyways and they get hit, or it pushes their shield to make them go offstage.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Happy Birthday Brett, don't waste your 21st drinking all day, it would be too cliche and you are anything but cliche!
I'm sorry to you. I appreciate the compliment, though. I'd invite you to be a best friend too, but I hardly think you'd accept, since I may have let you down.

In other news, I've managed to get like everyone important from Dallas to say they'll come over for a Smashfest as a late birthday get-together for me today. Crazy, because Dallas basically all quit at the same time-- they're sort of getting back into it I think. I'm excited.

edit
ROFL, the world DOES revolve around me.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/2491/

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Best friend. You and Global-Wolf both came out of hiding for me. BEST. FRIENDS.

Well, the 21 is over. And the Rangers gave up their massive winning streak on my birthday. I was pissed. I still am pissed. Speaking of pissed. There is a tally on my arm of how many drinks I was given last night. First time I've ever been under the influence... and screw everyone who bought me a drink. For real.
The tally is 10.
TEN.
This morning is a nice journey back to the land of the people who have oxygen in their brains.
Don't ever get drunk, guys. Not like that.
ten?
can i ask what strength they were? and are you small in stature?
to get drunk after ten pints seems a bit low to me, then again i do work in a pub so yeah :L

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
One of my brother's friends usually brings 20 beers to parties for himself, some of the conversations between him and my brother about exactly how many he should bring are actually sometimes pretty funny ("Dude maybe I should bring 24 this time, I don't think 20 will do it" "Are you kidding? You were gone by 18 last time" and etc...). He always drinks them all, which is like, upwards of 7 litres.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
One of my brother's friends usually brings 20 beers to parties for himself, some of the conversations between him and my brother about exactly how many he should bring are actually sometimes pretty funny ("Dude maybe I should bring 24 this time, I don't think 20 will do it" "Are you kidding? You were gone by 18 last time" and etc...). He always drinks them all, which is like, upwards of 7 litres.

:248:
thats pretty similar to me, i get through about half a litre of absinth when i want to
although ive been told i have to stop, apparently its disolving my throat :(

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
ten?
can i ask what strength they were? and are you small in stature?
to get drunk after ten pints seems a bit low to me, then again i do work in a pub so yeah :L
First off. Beer is sickening and I won't ever have it.
About 5 of those 10 were weak-medium strength shots, 2 were rum, and the other 3 were strong shots. I also had sips of other things.
It was my first time drinking. I am 5'8" and scarcely over 120 pounds.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i never mentioned beer, i should have probably replaced 'pints' with 'servings' or 'portions' tbh

and cool, shots are the best way to go IMO. one day i will find something that can get me drunk without killing me from alcohol poisoning. screw you my liver, why are you so resilient

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Hey, at least you cut yourself off Brett, that's a good thing. As long as you can do that, you're still eligible to be on my best friends list, (even if you can't I have friends that have done worse).

I agree Beer is just horrible, though some liquor is tolerable and some is downright tasty, (mostly fruity girly drinks, hey don't mock them till you taste them!). I didn't know that I'm less than 2 weeks younger than MISTER doom by the way. I'm turning 23 August 8th (though I don't look it) and I actually have to think about my age now too. Man are we old people on the Ike board.

EDIT: Except for Nysarc, he has special mod status that makes him "fashionably aged"

M@v

Subarashii!
I wouldn't mind mming the ikes coming to APEX; want to see how I do against several different ike players.

Except Berserker. I play you enough already -.-

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind mming the ikes coming to APEX; want to see how I do against several different ike players.

Except Berserker. I play you enough already -.-
challenge accepted
wait...falco? **** you man, i hate that birdy XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm just doing friendlies most likely. I don't think i'm entering APEX, unless i get money all of a sudden, but I'll be there to cheer on Ike mains. Wish they had mid-tier doubles, would like to double Ike.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
I got to finally do double Ikes in team friendlies with Colaya, it's fun, (though I played horrible and we got crushed by the double meta/meta wolf team that won the tournament).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
spacies are personal hate matchups more than anything
in return, i love fighting sword characters, marf, Tlink, link, meta (to a lesser extent) although i dislike ike dittos

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Whatever you do mav, DON'T PLAY RED. Because if I see him use Uthrow one more time...

Also, mav be trying to use Ike experience to beat other Ikes, when he has NO IDEA I've actually been playing Sheik dressed as Ike this entire time.

Top Bottom