• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
wow ranger i didnt think u'd be so mean but then again....

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Okay so it's this Sunday right? Exactly what time? 2 central? Same times as normal bi-weeklies?

Also, I'm guessing you're going to make the TIO bracket before the tourny or how you going to run it?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yep, this Sunday at the usual time.

I'll seed it beforehand and I can change it around a bit if any PR players don't show up. I don't think the TIO program will run on my Mac (though I haven't tried, I just assume it probably won't), so I'll be using BracketMaker. The bracket will look like this if everyone on the PR shows up:

[collapse=Bracket]
[/collapse]

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Oh I've seen it used at our local events, and know how to use it mostly, I just don't think it will run on a Mac. Tried downloading it just now and my computer couldn't even find a way to open the installer, lol.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i see a significant lack of san in that bracket, seeing as i havent been paying much attention to this one, has he jsut not been going?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah, he only attended one of them. He's the first runner-up though if he shows up on Sunday and someone from the PR doesn't.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yah, he only attended one of them. He's the first runner-up though if he shows up on Sunday and someone from the PR doesn't.

fair play, ill start attending for the next one again, r.o.b gets boring relatively fast in comparison to ike, plus i enjoy being able to kill

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, imagine if someone can't come. First round...San vs Red LOL. Though if two people don't show up...bleh.

Didn't Ussi say he can't make it?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
At first Ussi said the 19th was better for him because it was after exams or something, but now he seems to be giving the impression that he'll still have studying to do this Sunday?

And yah I was worried San vs Red first round would actually happen, and it may yet, lol. Oh how attendance skews the seeding.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
trudat, i tend to find its easier to make the bracket when everyone gets there, i tried making the bracket in advance for an aib torunament *ducks to avoid boot* and about 40% didnt even show up, and about 10% of the attendance were people who had just decided to show up without saying 'im attending'

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
AiB is notorious for that though. People sign up and don't show up and other people just show up and expect to be put into the bracket immediately. I stopped doing AiB tourneys cause I went to about 5 or 6 by different hosts and not one of them was even marginally organized.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol, okay cool. When I said it was the 19th and you said you'd be studying and stuff I was pitying that you had exams for that freaking long. Makes sense now.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Those friendlies were fun, and a shame I couldn't save the replays for some reason, anywhom while playing my wifi marth. I have seriously decided to finally use him as a part time main for various match ups. Just to figure out which now XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
someone needs to hack my wii for me, or at the very least trades wii's if they dont plan on hacking it, mine wont allow itself to get hacked XD

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Well, with winter break rolling in, I'll actually be able to make some of these so I'll sign up:

Berserker Swordsman / 4983-4600-7715

Edit: I won't be at this next one because I'll be in Pittsburgh at a tourney >.>

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
This Sunday? I'll be home by then so everything's all good for me I think. I haven't played in forever though.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Reminder to everyone who checks this thread (I'll also be PMing everyone tomorrow) that the PR tourney is tomorrow at the usual bi-weekly time. Basically I'll take the top 8 players who show up and make the bracket. Obviously if all 8 PR players show up that'll be the bracket, but if one doesn't I'll enter the next runner-up and so on.

Hope everyone comes out and good luck to everyone who makes the bracket!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't think we'll bother with doing the PR tourney for season 1, not really much point now that season 2 is all done. I'll just make sure to do the PR tourneys before starting a new season from now on.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
TBH I originally didn't plan to put the PR tourney results anywhere in particular, except maybe in a new post in the thread, since the season standings are all in the OP anyways. Also, we never got around to doing the season 1 PR tourney and I'd rather not have just the results from season 2 onward for PR tourneys in the OP.

Here's the bracket though in case anyone wants to see it:

[collapse=PR Tourney Bracket]
[/collapse]

Also, I was gonna wait until Friday but I might as well just say this now that I'm here and typing:

Sign-ups for the first tournament of Season 3 will begin this weekend on Saturday, and the first tournament will be held next Sunday, January 2nd at the usual time (3:00 pm EST). Details will be updated in the thread OP this Saturday.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
A couple of words on that bracket.

1. I forfeited my spot, because I had to leave. Didn't get to play Light again.

2. LOL @ Red

Top Bottom