• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If South Australia was to host a major...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
it all depends on the timing.

uni is going to be really crap next year. really crap.

i'd need prospective dates before i can even consider lol

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Reloaded was a shambles.

If this major was to run it'd be over an entire weekend (so it wouldn't be going past midnight just to finish >_>) and it would be run much more consistently (as much as I love Nova, high people do not make good TOs).

Attila, I'm thinking around... August 2012.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i thought reloaded was great, perhaps best tourney of the year, i think most agree
if nova runs another major (over 2 days this time) i'd come in a flash

Splice

Smash Hero
Reloaded was great

idk tho deks, I enjoyed BaM more, but I still liked Reloaded all the same.

Uh... probs won't attend anything next year coz I like quit this game and stuffffffffffffff... also Year 12 :C

Splice

Smash Hero
What if we put all our resources into an uber major in QLD?
What do you mean by this? Are you suggesting that you would draw attention away from the Adelaide scene by hosting a rival major?

This is counter-productive and generally a poor idea.

If you are to host a major please try not to have it damage attendance and reception of tournaments. This is what happened between ACL and BaM being so close I feel, and of course it would have been worse if they were on the same day, and with our scene being rather unhealthy, it is best for our future if all states work together as far as organizing these events go.

However, I wholeheartedly encourage you to pour resources into a great QLD Major, I would simply recommend that you don't do this in a way that it jeopardizes any interstate plans/events. Sincerely, I hope that you would not consider doing such a thing.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I think he was suggesting that instead of another SA major there should be a massive QLD major.

But yea, we have to make sure majors have a significant time period between them so that attendance can be maximised.

Splice

Smash Hero
I think he was suggesting that instead of another SA major there should be a massive QLD major.
Well I disagree with that, do a massive QLD major AND another SA major.
It would be inconsiderate and quite nasty for another state to override another states endeavours.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
let's stick to the formula gaiz

qld major jan/feb
nsw major april/may
sa major july/august
vic major october/november

the grand slam of aus smash
tho acl may shake things up, or we could just run those as additional majuz

Lol SA ain't gettin' another Major that'll be a 10th of what the one I put up 2 $1000 pots, that idea is laughable.

Maybe 3 or 4 interstates
But no where NEAR the amount the last Reloaded got, ever again.

The people that whine about the event either had the boyfriends throw mental breakdowns or just sucked and placed badly.

Besides, I already dedicated any "money" I'm sponsoring for any smash event to Victoria or Sydney, given those two cities SHOULD be where our MAJORS our held.
There was a reason I flew everywhere here; nobody would come.
And trust me, nobody will come to an SA "major" again, and that was planned lewl.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Sydney is the best place to have majors imo, it's just in the middle of everything. Even though flights are cheaper to Melb than Sydney for some strange reason...

Misfire

Smash Rookie
I don't know about everyone else in the lower half of the country but I wouldn't be able to afford the trip to QLD. Which is fine, I'm not saying that QLD shouldn't have one. The main places I could go for a Major would be Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney. Keep in mind I'm quite poor, lol. Whatever happens I'm quite keen for another major. BAM was so much fun.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Really Billy? How did you get that from my post, I don't even...... ????

Why would I hold one at the same time as another major, just to try and ruin it? I don't even understand how you could assume someone would do that in our scene. I love Adelaide and the SA kids. Some of the best people in the Brawl scene I met in Adelaide.

I'm actually offended a little that you thought I would do something like that.

I just want an uber major in QLD at some stage. We obviously don't have the super pot injections from talented individuals from SA, and our biggest event is summersmash, which is big, but not Reloaded or BAM big. I just want a super tournament up here :).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol SA ain't gettin' another Major that'll be a 10th of what the one I put up 2 $1000 pots, that idea is laughable.

Maybe 3 or 4 interstates
But no where NEAR the amount the last Reloaded got, ever again.

The people that whine about the event either had the boyfriends throw mental breakdowns or just sucked and placed badly.

Besides, I already dedicated any "money" I'm sponsoring for any smash event to Victoria or Sydney, given those two cities SHOULD be where our MAJORS our held.
Totally expected you to post something like this.

No one said anything about this major matching Reloaded, that is obviously impossible even if you injected money into the pot again.

There was a reason I flew everywhere here; nobody would come.
And trust me, nobody will come to an SA "major" again, and that was planned lewl.
Then let the people who actually care about our scene handle things, and you can just stay at home and hope that no one will come to the major we are planning.

Totally expected you to post something like this.
And I knew my "Power cravings" (the bit where you know how much I love throwing around POWAHR!) would garnish this sort of response.
Defensiveness!
No need my good man....
My intention wasn't to totally shut your idea down, and I never would.

If you (in fact now I encourage it) wish to host an attempted major in Adelaide, I wouldn't stand against it, I'd let you solely do things entirely your way; there's no some unwritten rule that says "Only Nova, Nova'a wallet, Chris, Jamage or Wookie may host tournaments in South Australia".
I'd like to sit back and see what you could put together, just be aware that it's mighty difficult without a lot of money, and my mere intention was that I wasn't willing to throw more money into hosting tourneys here which reach out at the rest of the nation.
I tried that once, I hated it (some people loved it, in fact more loved it than hated it, but I'd love a tourney where most things were paid for as well lolololol, I already pointed out the portion that didn't like it).
Generally Reloaded was liked, just a couple of sookie *****es, happens every tourney, you can never please everyone.

You could run the tournament in your own way, put your own ideas to the test, I would have no issue LOANING you money, but I would flat out refuse to sponsor, 'twas my main point.
other than that, go for it, you're clearly capable enough, it's just that awful M word $$$ that gets in the way for most people.

Then let the people who actually care about our scene handle things, and you can just stay at home and hope that no one will come to the major we are planning.
Lol I ain't that vindictive, 'speically towards you; remember who paid for you to get to BAM, any issues I had with you in the past are just that, the past, I believe you're mature enough to understand this. If (strong if, IF you put a lot of effort into it) you got a lot of stuff up and running, I'd attend the tournament myself and probably enter some of the events.
I do not discourage the idea lewl.

THIS PART OF THE POST IS A JOKE. TURN YOUR DRAMA GAUGES OFF

ADEPT! Matt! You said!

Why would I hold one at the same time as another

That'd be so steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwpid, I mean if I was involved in the other tourney I'd likely pay every single person not to go to yours, have them flown to whoevers it is you're competiting with, and then have the pot boosted to like $10,000, $5000 and $3000 lolllllllllllllllllllll. OH damn, there's that money is evil jealously alert coming from that guy I don't like anymore...... ddddddaaaamnbbhaahbhabhzbzbhzzbzbzhhbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttt
I just died.

OK JOKE IS OFF

Matt I would be interested in helping you QLD guys run a tourney and eliminating the entry costs (or coming up with some way to cut expenses for people, maybe if people are flying in they get $100 cut from their flight (I'd do that obviously, I still owe Ted $100 actually).... altogether as well as a pot injection (think Reloaded but better city and 2 days).
I AM serious about this, I think we needs to gets starts talking.
Although I won't favour one game over the other, ever.
I don't like that idea at all. Fair fair. <3

Nova are you okay, are okay, are you okay Nova!

Remastered

Smash Lord
Did you see my msg on the SA Facebook page Nova? I saw that you tried to send me a PM, but it must have been deleted due to your accounts always being destroyed on here lol.

Anyway, will chat to you via PM on facebook about organising something for QLD. I won't have uni next year, so my weekends will be amazingly empty to hold various gaming expeditions ;)

Top Bottom