• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If God played Brawl, who would he main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Smash Champion
whoever he wanted, cause he would win with anyone he picked.

this is kind of a pointless thread...

fluffy

Smash Champion
God would want to be something that's big, intimidating, and evil. Something that breathes fire.

Bowser

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I doubt that God would play Brawl. This thread is blasphemy.

If he DID, he's main Pikminless Olimar and still win.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He doesn't need to play Barlw, and even if you played a game against him, you would trip... to the blastzones.

Everytime you even think about making a move.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Well, he would choose the coolest character, because it wouldn't matter who he was, he'd win. He'd probably be Snake, Captain Falcon, Falco, Mario...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
An actual God (assuming one even exists) would not be caught playing this game. He wouldn't play Melee either for that matter.

But I suppose he'd use Mewtwo.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'm assuming we're asking what God would main if His will was to win. This isn't necessarily true, as there might be a greater good in His not winning, and His benevolent nature is often said to make Him incapable of doing otherwise (i.e., that the necessity of Him seeking the maximal good is what God's goodness *is*).

But putting that aside.

There are basically two answers to this.

If Metaphysical Free Will exists (implying God cannot perfectly know what you will do before you do it, because there is no fact of the matter about it until you do it), then God would, still possessing perfect reaction time, desire to use a character who could use attacks while still keeping up a good defense. So, he'd likely use a fast character. Someone like Falco. He would not have the problem of K.O.ing because we can infer that damage would never be a problem for Him. He could perfectly react until such time as something came into K.O. range. All He needs is the character than can force the approach (because otherwise, He would be forced to act, and this forces Him to give up the advantage of perfect reaction).

If Metaphysical Free Will doesn't exist (so something like Determinism is true), then God does know exactly everything you will do. Defeating any opponent is a matter of baiting and punishing, which is trivial for Him unless you camp, utterly. Thus, all He needs is a character than renders camping unviable, and who has at least a decent poking game. I don't know who satisfies the first criterion, but someone like Wario, maybe? Dedede?

If someone could fill out this part, I think we'd have our answer.
This was a fun exercise. Why did FastLikeMe ask?

My apologies to any theists who spot an uncapitalized pronoun for God.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It's a joke, don't worry about it.

I still think God would probably own hard if he played this game.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I don't know probably whatever character would get the most noticed. Yahweh seems like quite the attention ***** from what I've heard of the guy.

DRD

Smash Lord
I'm assuming we're asking what God would main if His will was to win. This isn't necessarily true, as there might be a greater good in His not winning, and His benevolent nature is often said to make Him incapable of doing otherwise (i.e., that the necessity of Him seeking the maximal good is what God's goodness *is*).

But putting that aside.

There are basically two answers to this.

If Metaphysical Free Will exists (implying God cannot perfectly know what you will do before you do it, because there is no fact of the matter about it until you do it), then God would, still possessing perfect reaction time, desire to use a character who could use attacks while still keeping up a good defense. So, he'd likely use a fast character. Someone like Falco. He would not have the problem of K.O.ing because we can infer that damage would never be a problem for Him. He could perfectly react until such time as something came into K.O. range. All He needs is the character than can force the approach (because otherwise, He would be forced to act, and this forces Him to give up the advantage of perfect reaction).

If Metaphysical Free Will doesn't exist (so something like Determinism is true), then God does know exactly everything you will do. Defeating any opponent is a matter of baiting and punishing, which is trivial for Him unless you camp, utterly. Thus, all He needs is a character than renders camping unviable, and who has at least a decent poking game. I don't know who satisfies the first criterion, but someone like Wario, maybe? Dedede?

If someone could fill out this part, I think we'd have our answer.
This was a fun exercise. Why did FastLikeMe ask?

My apologies to any theists who spot an uncapitalized pronoun for God.
A perfect being would of course have perfect reflexes. This means that even camping would make no difference; unless God is playing against a camping opponent who has the ability to jump over him and get to the other side of the stage to continue camping with lasers, for example, the amount of damage he takes will be inconsequential. At 999%, God would have just as much chance of winning as he would have at 0%. If the opponent cannot make contact with God's character, then it does not matter what percentage he has been dealt.

He may simply choose to walk up to his opponent, while taking laser damage. If Fox, or Falco, in trying to make their way to a more advantageous position, attempt to pass him, God, having a priori knowledge of every movement that will be taken by his opponent, will simply intercept, perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom