• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideas for Smash 6

D

Deleted member

Hi everyone,in this thread,we can do some ideas for Smash 6 if you want.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Let me repost what I said in this thread.

To preemptively fix Smash's stagnation with core gameplay, I have a few solutions:
  1. Consolidate Cloud's Limit, Mac's KO Punch, and Terry's Desperation into a single "super meter" mechanic, and map the "Super Special" button to Y by default. You can build the super meter up to three charges, and using one super special will expend one of those charges (with a few exceptions). Super specials will be powered-up versions of existing specials, not new moves though.
  2. Offer alternative movesets for certain characters (mainly the 64/Melee veterans) while keeping their original movesets as default to satiate those who want them revamped.
  3. Add a "wavedash button" mapped to R by default. This would let you essentially wavedash easily, and it would even let you adjust the length of the wavedash by tilting the control stick as in Melee. What's more, all jabs and tilts as well as a few specials (like Reflector) should be cancelable with the "wavedash button", which would allow for greater grounded combo opportunities.
They don't have to do all at once, though. Maybe just one at a time.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949446155123699762/1196196614075859105/SSBU-Big-Battlefield.png?ex=65b6bfe9&is=65a44ae9&hm=dfffe92bc81c0d237bf9681d2f1fb64157245cf21a1be783aab6920c88af0ef2&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949446155123699762/1196196614667239564/SSBU-Pirate_Ship.png?ex=65b6bfe9&is=65a44ae9&hm=1f3b73324df38c7e7b143bf109b00f4e319af553028f7d8c435a2d2796c82ebe&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949446155123699762/1196196615216705626/SSBU-Temple.png?ex=65b6bfe9&is=65a44ae9&hm=7fbb8790e15ee62d2b9fdd414fca39c184b2b477530b8a5a1be1bedf510086c6&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949446155123699762/1196196854145224764/SSBU-Princess_Peachs_Castle.png?ex=65b6c022&is=65a44b22&hm=f7d738def59b13178f1a6562ebe9eaebf905be6b3172d02191bf86d7e824c98f&

King of the Hill mode (or as it would be titled in Smash, King of the Ring). The fighter that stays in the stage-specific capture zone (represented by the red rectangle) for a total of 30 seconds (total, not all in one go) wins the match. I'd like it if you could adjust the capture timer and possibly the capture zone location as well, although the latter feature would probably be limited to big stages.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949446155123699762/1196196614075859105/SSBU-Big-Battlefield.png?ex=65b6bfe9&is=65a44ae9&hm=dfffe92bc81c0d237bf9681d2f1fb64157245cf21a1be783aab6920c88af0ef2&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949446155123699762/1196196614667239564/SSBU-Pirate_Ship.png?ex=65b6bfe9&is=65a44ae9&hm=1f3b73324df38c7e7b143bf109b00f4e319af553028f7d8c435a2d2796c82ebe&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949446155123699762/1196196615216705626/SSBU-Temple.png?ex=65b6bfe9&is=65a44ae9&hm=7fbb8790e15ee62d2b9fdd414fca39c184b2b477530b8a5a1be1bedf510086c6&
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/949446155123699762/1196196854145224764/SSBU-Princess_Peachs_Castle.png?ex=65b6c022&is=65a44b22&hm=f7d738def59b13178f1a6562ebe9eaebf905be6b3172d02191bf86d7e824c98f&

King of the Hill mode (or as it would be titled in Smash, King of the Ring). The fighter that stays in the stage-specific capture zone (represented by the red rectangle) for a total of 30 seconds (total, not all in one go) wins the match. I'd like it if you could adjust the capture timer and possibly the capture zone location as well, although the latter feature would probably be limited to big stages.
Did you take that from one of the Digimon platform fighters, perchance?

Quillion

Smash Hero
More stuff:
  • Turn Spirits into Cards. At least that way they feel more like collectible objects rather than floating PNGs. They can give them descriptions this way too.
  • Nix air dodging and replace it with air shielding and grabbing.
  • For Adventure Mode, break it up into mini-adventures based on individual franchises: Mario Adventure, Zelda Adventure, Kirby Adventure, etc.
  • Increase run-to-jump momentum AND decrease the gulf between fastest and slowest characters somewhat. It has to be both, not one or the other.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Adding on to the King of the Hill idea proposed earlier, which Splatoon's Splat Zones is heavily based on (from other shooters like Team Fortress 2), we could also incorporate other shooter modes found in games like Splatoon and TF2 and other shooters such as Tower Control/Payload, where fighters could ride a tower/payload platform through a large stage (this might require their own stages such as Break the Targets and Board the Platforms, or just be required to really large stages like Temple and Great Cave Offensive) and try to prevent the opposing players from riding the platform to their zone. We could also incorporate Rainmaker/Capture the Flag, where players would grab a rainmaker/flag item to try to take the opposing team's base and could have the item stolen by being attacked. (Again, this would require larger stages or customized specifically for this mode).

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Adding on to the King of the Hill idea proposed earlier, which Splatoon's Splat Zones is heavily based on (from other shooters like Team Fortress 2), we could also incorporate other shooter modes found in games like Splatoon and TF2 and other shooters such as Tower Control/Payload, where fighters could ride a tower/payload platform through a large stage (this might require their own stages such as Break the Targets and Board the Platforms, or just be required to really large stages like Temple and Great Cave Offensive) and try to prevent the opposing players from riding the platform to their zone. We could also incorporate Rainmaker/Capture the Flag, where players would grab a rainmaker/flag item to try to take the opposing team's base and could have the item stolen by being attacked. (Again, this would require larger stages or customized specifically for this mode).
If we ever got a TF2 stage I'd love for it to be 2Fort, with its layout adapted to 2D and the stage serving as its own little self-contained Capture the Flag mode if you're playing with teams.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Small idea for Squad Strike: replace taunting with character swapping for that mode. Maybe Shield Taunt if taunting needs to be in..? Personally, I wouldn't mind losing functional taunts for the former.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'd love for Smash Run to return. In the Smash Infinite thread we even did an expanded version where there would be multiple different maps with different layouts that could be picked from, each with different themes either based on a franchise (Mario map, Zelda map, Kirby map, etc) or generic theme (for example based on elements like water or fire, biomes like snow or forest, or time periods like medieval fantasy or futuristic sci-fi).

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
When it comes to semi-universal moveset changes, I think rekka (jab) n-airs and f-tilts should be the norm rather than a rarity. They should make almost everyone have those instead of only a few characters.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
When it comes to semi-universal moveset changes, I think rekka (jab) n-airs and f-tilts should be the norm rather than a rarity. They should make almost everyone have those instead of only a few characters.
It makes sense because your using the same input to continue attacking, but calling Smash Bros. jabs rekkas just feels incredibly strange to me. I guess in a way you could consider them auto combos as well.

Honestly I think the rekka terminology should be saved for actual special moves at least. Though I suppose in this scenario,the closest you really get would be Dancing Blade, and that doesn't quite work the same either as there are more possible variations. Though in that particular case I think you could consider the high/low tilt inputs as the equivalent of inputting a different button strength?

I'm going way off topic now, so I'll leave it there.

How would you feel about adding a second attack button? Perhaps I'm alone on this, but I'd personally like to see some multi hit moves like Fox's F air he split into multiple inputs rather than just getting several kicks all at once.

It goes against keeping Smash simple, so I know it's probably a divisive suggestion.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
It makes sense because your using the same input to continue attacking, but calling Smash Bros. jabs rekkas just feels incredibly strange to me. I guess in a way could consider them auto combos as well.

Honestly I think the rekka terminology should be saved for actual special moves at least. Though I suppose in this scenario,the closest you really get would be Dancing Blade, and that doesn't quite work the same either as there are more possible variations. Though in that particular case I think you could consider the high/low tilt inputs as the equivalent of inputting a different button strength?

How would you feel about adding a second attack button? Perhaps I'm alone on this, but I'd personally like to see some multi hit moves like Fox's F air he split into multiple inputs rather than just getting several kicks all at once.

It goes against keeping Smash simple, so I look know it's probably a divisive suggestion.
Not totally on board with a second button idea, but maybe as an alternative, using grabs in the air could give unique attacks to characters that don't have zairs?

Quillion

Smash Hero
It makes sense because your using the same input to continue attacking, but calling Smash Bros. jabs rekkas just feels incredibly strange to me. I guess in a way could consider them auto combos as well.

It goes against keeping Smash simple, so I look know it's probably a divisive suggestion.
I suggested that once, but I have to agree with Baysha Baysha in that thread that it'll just bloat the game like traditional fighters are nowadays.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Ultimate Deluxe

Character Changes
-Give Ganondorf a completely unique moveset based on Hyrule Warriors Trident Ganondorf.
-Make Black Shadow the Echo of Captain Falcon and give him Ganondorf's old moveset.
-Give Chrom a new unique moveset. Make Lucina his Echo. Make Roy Marth's Echo.
-Give Falco the Sniper Rifle and Wolf the Machine Gun from StarFox Assault.
-Replace Mario's FLUDD with Cappy.
-Give Young Link and Toon Link different subweapons so they aren't just using the same Bow/Bomb/Boomerang combo as Adult Link.
-Make each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon a separate Fighter, give every Pokemon except Mewtwo a trainer.
-Make Mythra into Pyra’s Echo.
-Expand the definition of Echo to include Dr. Mario and Pichu.

Gameplay Features
-Rollback netcode.
-Make Hazardless versions of stages selectable from stage select the same way Omega and Battlefield versions are.
-Remember my last color selection for each character. Smash 3DS did this. No idea why Wii U and Ultimate don't.
-Actually balance FS Meter FSes so that people will actually use them in competitive play.
-Kirby style Boss Rush mode.
-Bring back the Smash Run map as a Battle Royal. (64 players teleport in. Players run around killing creeps and collecting upgrades. Map shrinks over time. Last 4 surviving players have a Smash match.)

Additional Content
-More Characters, Echoes, Bosses, obviously. Preferably from my wishlist.
-Mii Mages.
-Bring back any missing Stages and Assist Trophies that didn't already return.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
Ultimate Deluxe

Character Changes
-Give Ganondorf a completely unique moveset based on Hyrule Warriors Trident Ganondorf.
-Make Black Shadow the Echo of Captain Falcon and give him Ganondorf's old moveset.
-Give Chrom a new unique moveset. Make Lucina his Echo. Make Roy Marth's Echo.
-Give Falco the Sniper Rifle and Wolf the Machine Gun from StarFox Assault.
-Replace Mario's FLUDD with Cappy.
-Give Young Link and Toon Link different subweapons so they aren't just using the same Bow/Bomb/Boomerang combo as Adult Link.
-Make each of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon a separate Fighter, give every Pokemon except Mewtwo a trainer.
-Make Mythra into Pyra’s Echo.
-Expand the definition of Echo to include Dr. Mario and Pichu.

Gameplay Features
-Rollback netcode.
-Make Hazardless versions of stages selectable from stage select the same way Omega and Battlefield versions are.
-Remember my last color selection for each character. Smash 3DS did this. No idea why Wii U and Ultimate don't.
-Actually balance FS Meter FSes so that people will actually use them in competitive play.
-Kirby style Boss Rush mode.
-Bring back the Smash Run map as a Battle Royal. (64 players teleport in. Players run around killing creeps and collecting upgrades. Map shrinks over time. Last 4 surviving players have a Smash match.)

Additional Content
-More Characters, Echoes, Bosses, obviously. Preferably from my wishlist.
-Mii Mages.
-Bring back any missing Stages and Assist Trophies that didn't already return.
Agree with basically everything except the Pokémon stuff: give Squirtle and the two others the possibility to be played separately, but keep the trainer style for those who want to keep it. Shouldn't be a lot of work. Trainers in the background for the other Pokémon seems unnecessary. After all, wild Pokémon do exist and can fight on their own.

Quillion

Smash Hero
The way I see it, I think they should improve Squads mode so that you'll be able to make a PT-like team of anyone rather than just be reserved for a few "characters" at all time. Just give us the ability to swap at will and we'll be good.

That said, I think Pyra and Mythra should stay together since they actually feel like a proper stance character instead of two haphazardly tacked together.

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Traditional Sequel.
Roster consists of 65 characters. 53 veterans, and 12 newcomers.

For the veterans, I do not think every third party will return, and I personally don’t like the notion that the original 12 are ‘sacred’. It’s not 1999 anymore. Nintendo has changed, and so have their big names.

Veterans (Listed by Ultimate’s Numbering System):
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness:
:ultfalcon::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultpit:
:ultwario::ultike::ultcharizard::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultolimar::ultlucario::ultrob::ultvillager::ultmegaman:
:ultlittlemac::ultgreninja::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultryu::ultbayonetta:
:ultinkling::ultridley::ultisabelle::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultpyra::ultmythra::ultkazuya:

Veterans (By Franchise):
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultshulk::ultpyra::ultmythra:
:ultpikachu::ultcharizard::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultbyleth::ultolimar::ultinkling:
:ultwario::ultminmin:ultgnw::ultrob::ultfox::ultpit::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultfalcon::ultsonic::ultbayonetta:
:ultryu::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultkazuya::ult_terry::ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner:

Changes:
  • Mario’s Down Special is a Ground Pound.
  • Link’s design is more akin to TOTK.
  • Shulk now has alternate costumes based on Future Connected.

Newcomers:
Paper Mario (Super Mario)
Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventure)
Impa (Legend of Zelda)
Noah (Xenoblade)
Rex* (Xenoblade)
Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Alear (Fire Emblem)
Meowscarda (Pokémon)
Raven Beak (Metroid)
(UNKNOWN NEW IP)
Rayman (Rayman)

* = Takes after his XC3 design.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
  1. Choose between gaming all-stars or Nintendo all-stars, not the weird inbetween Smash is currently going for. Either way, go full-force into that theming - gaming all-stars with Neo Geo/C64/Flash stuff that's very overlooked but influential, and Nintendo all-stars with weird deep cuts like Hanafuda and US commercials.
  2. Have a lighter, kiddie tone like Smash 64 and (to a lesser extent) 3DS/Wii U, especially (but not exclusively) if Smash goes back to Nintendo All-Stars. Rock or jazz menu theme instead of orchestral plz.
  3. Same mentality applying to a story mode, make it a semi-self-aware tournament or macguffin hunt story instead of some edgy 2000s apocalypse crap.
  4. Scale back on source accuracy, rework characters like Steve, Min Min, and Mega Man to be less faithful and only change Ganondorf types for balancing reasons alone (Float yes, volley no). Perhaps also reclone characters like Falco
  5. Scale back on appealing to fan demand. Don't ignore it, but only have 2 or 3 "fan demand" slots, and fill the rest with surprises.
  6. Airdashing, and just generally fun movement. I doubt a good competitive game is possible even if the devs wanted to with Smash's roster size, but at least make it fast and fun to run around in.
  7. Minimal returning stages like Melee and Brawl, and make sure the new stages are as aesthetically diverse as possible and avoid first or final levels
  8. More cosmetic customisation, even if it comes at the cost of the dreaded MTX.
  9. Minimized marketing - you could still have the trailers (even if I'd prefer them gone outright), but reserve them for the major picks and make less of a stink out of their release.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
  1. Choose between gaming all-stars or Nintendo all-stars, not the weird inbetween Smash is currently going for. Either way, go full-force into that theming - gaming all-stars with Neo Geo/C64/Flash stuff that's very overlooked but influential, and Nintendo all-stars with weird deep cuts like Hanafuda and US commercials.
  2. Have a lighter, kiddie tone like Smash 64 and (to a lesser extent) 3DS/Wii U, especially (but not exclusively) if Smash goes back to Nintendo All-Stars. Rock or jazz menu theme instead of orchestral plz.
  3. Same mentality applying to a story mode, make it a semi-self-aware tournament or macguffin hunt story instead of some edgy 2000s apocalypse crap.
  4. Scale back on source accuracy, rework characters like Steve, Min Min, and Mega Man to be less faithful and only change Ganondorf types for balancing reasons alone (Float yes, volley no). Perhaps also reclone characters like Falco
  5. Scale back on appealing to fan demand. Don't ignore it, but only have 2 or 3 "fan demand" slots, and fill the rest with surprises.
  6. Airdashing, and just generally fun movement. I doubt a good competitive game is possible even if the devs wanted to with Smash's roster size, but at least make it fast and fun to run around in.
  7. Minimal returning stages like Melee and Brawl, and make sure the new stages are as aesthetically diverse as possible and avoid first or final levels
  8. More cosmetic customisation, even if it comes at the cost of the dreaded MTX.
  9. Minimized marketing - you could still have the trailers (even if I'd prefer them gone outright), but reserve them for the major picks and make less of a stink out of their release.
the only ones from these I fully agree with are numbers 5 through 7, but I can appreciate how bold of a proposal this is

AlRex

Smash Lord
I agree with most of this, only half agree with 4 and like 75% (?) with 5. 9 I can take or leave, maybe putting multiple reveals together in a trailer and emphasizing crossover aspects like that could be a good compromise there? I’ll also probably do my own list like this soon-ish.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Choose between gaming all-stars or Nintendo all-stars, not the weird inbetween Smash is currently going for. Either way, go full-force into that theming - gaming all-stars with Neo Geo/C64/Flash stuff that's very overlooked but influential, and Nintendo all-stars with weird deep cuts like Hanafuda and US commercials.
I respect that you're a big fan of the overlooked and underrated side of gaming, but I think that's going a bit too far. Plus, while I wouldn't want a 50/50 of Nintendo and general gaming, I think the "mostly Nintendo, some general gaming" middle ground is good right now. Only Nintendo has the clout to even do that sort of thing.

Have a lighter, kiddie tone like Smash 64 and (to a lesser extent) 3DS/Wii U, especially (but not exclusively) if Smash goes back to Nintendo All-Stars. Rock or jazz menu theme instead of orchestral plz.
Agreed. Especially since Melee's art style isn't that great in hindsight, and Brawl's especially sucks.

Same mentality applying to a story mode, make it a semi-self-aware tournament or macguffin hunt story instead of some edgy 2000s apocalypse crap.
I'm still more inclined to have no real "story" mode per se and just have dedicated Adventure modes for select franchises.

Scale back on source accuracy, rework characters like Steve, Min Min, and Mega Man to be less faithful and only change Ganondorf types for balancing reasons alone (Float yes, volley no). Perhaps also reclone characters like Falco
Agree on the overfaithful moveset designs of some newer character that need to be toned down, but I'll begrudgingly accept Ganondorf being reworked just because of the demand (not that I won't raise a stink about it). Why would you want to reclone Falco though? I'd say just give him distinct animations that return some of his more beloved Melee functions without going back to Melee animations wholesale.

Scale back on appealing to fan demand. Don't ignore it, but only have 2 or 3 "fan demand" slots, and fill the rest with surprises.
At least you have your standards.

Airdashing, and just generally fun movement. I doubt a good competitive game is possible even if the devs wanted to with Smash's roster size, but at least make it fast and fun to run around in.
Fully agree.

Minimal returning stages like Melee and Brawl, and make sure the new stages are as aesthetically diverse as possible and avoid first or final levels
IDK, even a lot of Melee's stages and some of Brawl's were very similar to 64's in the end. I think Suspiciously Similar Substitutes will be inevitable if they go for "minimal returning stages".

More cosmetic customisation, even if it comes at the cost of the dreaded MTX.
Fully agree.

Minimized marketing - you could still have the trailers (even if I'd prefer them gone outright), but reserve them for the major picks and make less of a stink out of their release.
I assume you mean character trailers, which I can understand. I do wish they'd put more focus on the mechanics and features rather than the characters too.

Overall, it is rather bold like Gorgonzales Gorgonzales said, but it seems to reek of hatred of the mainstream.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here are some ideas that would be nice to see in the next game.
Multiplayer
I’d primarily want a fleshed out Squad Strike mode where Elimination resembles something like Smash Remix’s 12 character battle and Tag Team resembles Project M/+’s All-Star Smash.
A sports themed game mode would be cool. The ones that I’m thinking of are the Sandbag ones in SSF2 and Volleyball in the Akaneia mod.
Also, SSB Crusade has a death match and king of the hill mode, which could be nice to have

The ability to choose between ranked and unranked quickplay is my most wanted thing.
I’d also like for online tourneys to leave both 1v1 and ffa tourneys up permanently.

Other Things that Would be Nice to See
Having the CSS keeping the character from the previous match
A stage hazard toggle while selecting stages
The ability to switch fighters between quickplay matches

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Something that hasn’t happened yet are 3rd party stages from franchises that don’t have fighter
For example tetris, Microsoft entertainment pack, Arkanoid, space invaders, frogger, club Penguin, gradius, idolmaster and mappy would all work as 3rd party representation as stages and be really unique

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
-It's a minor thing, but the ability to customize the order of characters on CSS would be most appreciated.

-Smash Tour returns but the in style of Mario Party; all players are not moving at once, event style matches in the place of mini-games, stat bonuses/fighters in place of coins/stars respectively, and several crossover-oriented boards.

-Some level of options about which specific Assist Trophies appear ala the control with items

-Create your own break the targets stages and classic mode routes that can be shared online with the option of being for all or specific fighters

-All non-damaging offensive moves (Mario FLUDD) have custom move esque alternatives that do damage with some sort of trade off

-

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  • Roguelike Adventure Mode
  • Arcade Mode split into two variations:
    • Classic Mode, which is similar to NASB 2’s arcade mode
    • Fighter’s Path, which takes Ultimate’s Classic Mode routes and changes them to be more like SFV’s Arcade Paths
  • A more fair CPU that doesn’t play like they hate fun (and at that, they should give the CPU characters personality again)
  • Individual stage hazard toggle
  • A fun selection of sports for Stadium, including Home Run Contest

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Here are my ideas to freshen up the core gameplay of Smash.

• A third attack button. I envision heavy normals like what the shotos have but a full button that includes aerials.
  • Weaker normals can chain into special moves, or go into a dash.
  • Every fighter gains a shield special.
  • Final Smashes are overhauled to be less powerful in an attempt to integrate them into normal gameplay.

Overall the idea is to give more options to players and provide more overall depth.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Here are my ideas to freshen up the core gameplay of Smash.
I have almost exactly the same ideas as these. The specifics are different though.

• A third attack button. I envision heavy normals like what the shotos have but a full button that includes aerials.
What they should do for this is map Smash Attacks to Y (X stays as Jump). Personally, I've grown to hate how there's no option to remove smashes from A-stick, and I think my suggestion would be better. And yes, this would allow for aerial smashes.

• Weaker normals can chain into special moves, or go into a dash.
Oh yeah, magic series. I think what they could do is have jabs having their final hits cancellable into tilts, then those can be chained either into smashes or specials. Of course, they would need to have a combo decay system to balance that out.

• Every fighter gains a shield special.
Fully agree on this one.

• Final Smashes are overhauled to be less powerful in an attempt to integrate them into normal gameplay.
I think for this one we can keep Final Smashes as they are, but they rework A+B into the "Super Special" input and introduce a meter for it with room for three charges. Of course A+B+direction would essentially enhance the corresponding special into its "super" variant while draining meter.

Overall the idea is to give more options to players and provide more overall depth.
Yep, that's exactly what I want out of Smash more than new characters too.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Unlockable costumes for not just the Mii Fighters, but other fighters, so that everyone isn't limited to just having 8 alts now. This could give them the opportunity to bring back some cut alts (I hope Wolf's White and Red and Olimar's Yellow and Black alts from brawl return) and expand more references, like I would kill to play as Bubble Flower Mario and Luigi, Dark Bowser, Waluigi Wario, and Gameboy Mega Man.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Unlockable costumes for not just the Mii Fighters, but other fighters, so that everyone isn't limited to just having 8 alts now. This could give them the opportunity to bring back some cut alts (I hope Wolf's White and Red and Olimar's Yellow and Black alts from brawl return) and expand more references, like I would kill to play as Bubble Flower Mario and Luigi, Dark Bowser, Waluigi Wario, and Gameboy Mega Man.
Yes. This right here.

But... if they really need to give the modeling team extra cash and not overwork them, they could also sell them at the same price as the Mii costumes.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here are some personal character changes I want to occur:

Make Mario's grab a tether grab where he tosses Cappy, however it's more like Pac-Man's grab in that it is long-ranged but can't be used to recover.
Give Little Mac a new mechanic where the KO meter can also be used to enhance his Rising Uppercut, giving it more vertical height, allowing for better recovery.
Replace Jigglypuff's Rollout with Play Rough, which acts as Mii Brawler's Flashing Mach Punch, also remove the feature where breaking her shield instantly kills her.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Make Mario's grab a tether grab where he tosses Cappy, however it's more like Pac-Man's grab in that it is long-ranged but can't be used to recover.
Cappy will just be outdated by the next gimmick in the next 3D Mario. I really don't think Mario's moveset should even have stuff like this.

Give Little Mac a new mechanic where the KO meter can also be used to enhance his Rising Uppercut, giving it more vertical height, allowing for better recovery.
NGL, I'm partial to the idea of reworking the KO meter into the Star Punch system, but do it so that each attack has a low chance of granting a star while landing a Slip Counter has a high chance, and of course getting hit has a chance of losing a star.

But I'd settle for removing his "not an air fighter" "gimmick".

Replace Jigglypuff's Rollout with Play Rough, which acts as Mii Brawler's Flashing Mach Punch, also remove the feature where breaking her shield instantly kills her.
I think Play Rough would be better suited to replacing its d-throw.

They really need to make Rollout not useless without a charge though.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Here's my idea for the story mode.

I want a Metroidvania!!! That sort of combines the elements of The Great Maze and World of Light. You explore this great labyrinth made up of Nintendo worlds, trying to unlock all the characters, fight all the bosses before ultimately taking on a big bad.

However, being a Metroidvania, progression is tied to characters, where they act as the power ups.

You start off with someone really basic, like Donkey Kong. But you come across some Ice that blocks your pass. So explore until you unlock Mario, his fire powers can melt the ice. Giant gap? Kirby can help with that. Something far away needs hitting? Samus has got your back. Fill the world with a lot of these character specific puzzles. But also allow freedom in certain paths. That large gap doesn't need Kirby to pass, Jigglypuff and Pit would work too.

I think this style of set-up would allow for a fantastic platforming challenge, minimal cutscenes for Sakurai, but still has a story. Make the villain someone who shows up from time to time and the bosses actual characters.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Something I just remembered, the ability to put your own music for stages in (non-online) battles would be great. Given Nintendo did it for stuff like Excitetruck back in the day, having all sorts of preferred franchise music from Sonic, DK, FF, etc for their respective stages would just really make that experience better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom