• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Thread*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I'm quite sure he can't cape Nana due to invincibility. When he capes Popo, it does nothing if Nana is already latched on (if I remember correctly). However, he can cape them during the start-up and Nana will go the wrong way. Popo will still recover, but Nana is becomes a lost cause. Squall can definitely be caped as well (had it happen to me before), but the spacing and timing are both rather tough, so most Marios won't take the chance. FLUDD, however, can set you up for him punishing your landing lag rather well...

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
Mario can Cape the Up-B, but he'll get hit (Nana Invincibility.) Also I've been Caped where Nana tethers for the ledge and faces backwards while grabbing it. It looks stange :laugh:.

Anyway, I think the only way the Mario can gimp you with Cape is if he uses Cape during the startup animations of Up-B, and you are out of range for a tether. Generally speaking, if you are out of range to tether, then he is out of range to get back to the stage.

Also if they Cape Popo while the Ice Climbers are performing Belay, it's better for Mario to hit him with another move so that Popo gets gimped.

We talked about this matchup a while back...

First of all I'll say the Ice Climbers is a huge pain if they know what they're doing, but really the only advantage they really have is that killer grab game. Otherwise, Mario can deal with the rest of what the Ice Climbers got.

Bobson laid it out nicely. We Mario's first reaction always is to separate the ice climbers. D-air does this the easiest, but a U-tilt lock to D-air or U-air does the job just fine too.

Keeping the ice climbers away from each other is a tedious but worthwhile task for Mario. His aerials are quick enough to switch back and forth between the two, and Nana is super-easy to gimp off-stage.

And our grabs are not useless even if Nana is around. It's not hard to grab and then U-throw or D-throw. The motion only takes about a half-second, and it's enough to get you separated as well. All it really takes is to land a grab when Nana is stuck trying to keep up with the action.

Someone said that Mario's B-throw is powerful. That's completely false. It's the best throw we got, but it takes 140% to kill at FD, that's without good DI.

FLUDD onstage will be used to kill approaches, mindgames, and FIHL (FLUDD-Induced-Hit-Lag). FIHL causes lag whenever you contest it with an attack that out-prioritize it (which is pretty much everything), and it allows Mario to counterattack with an aerial, D-Smash, or F-smash. Most of all it'll be used to mess up your tech-skill with the Ice climbers.

Fireballs will be used to approach and to help out with spacing, but mainly to approach. It's a bit harder to do since there is -two- characters helping each other out, but it's still worthwhile since the input of Nana takes about a half-second longer. However, you can use your blizzard (I think) or neutral b to stop fireballs.

The main problem Mario will have here is the grab. It's plenty easy to grab a Mario that is not good with spacing. His low range definitely hurts him this match and ICs has some killer grab options, even without the chaingrab in mind. However, this does not break the deal here as pretty much, it's easy to break Nana and Popo away from each other.

The ICs' main objective here is to keep Nana alive and keep the momentum in your favor. Do not let Mario pressure you to the point where he's able to easily kill Nana, because with her gone the advantage automatically shifts to Mario.

Make good use of shieldgrabbing, avoid the D-air, and most of all, don't get gimped. Mario shuts out alot of ICs' options in terms of dsync due to FIHL and is an excellent multitasker compared to other characters, and if Nana is gone and Popo is knocked off, he's probably the easiest character for Mario to gimp in all of his match-ups.

Popo by himself can chaingrab Mario to 60% though, and he can take Mario one-on-one, but he's not much without Nana by his side.

This used to be thought up as a hard match-up for Mario, but now it's pretty much just one that requires plenty of adapation and multi-tasking.

60:40 Ice Climbers.
I would say that most of this still holds true. Mario can cape the Squall Hammer. Fireballs go through Blizzard. Mario probably does best on a stage like Battlefield, where he can pressure you through platforms and camp off them.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I have a lot of experience with this match up, and it really all comes down to the Mario knowing the match up or not. The cape = **** against IC (and pretty much everyone else), it will turn around your belay and your squall (very easy for them to cape squall!!!), so it can be problematic getting back on the stage. Never assume that you are safe from the cape, because it can still reflect for a while after the actual cape is gone, AND it doubles (I think) your momentum, so even if you get caped at the end of squall, you will most likely going flying off in the opposite direction. Also don't quote me on this, but I am fairly sure that Mario's down smash comes out as fast as MK's, so spot dodge into d-smash is great for keeping the IC's from grabbing.

Down air separates the IC really well, and once they are separated Mario has a ridiculous (and by ridiculous I mean its just plain stupid how easy it is) time killing Nana unless you act fast. It is also very difficult to camp a Mario that knows what they are doing with fireballs. While its true they don't have great range, and they don't do much damage, they will stop you, and they will force you to make mistakes if you are not smart about avoiding them.

Onto FLUDD! Personally I have never found FLUDD to pose much of a problem, but if aimed right it can royally screw you over on a few occasions. What I have experienced is getting hit by it during a recovering belay, and even though Nana tethers the ledge, Popo just does not fly up to it, and instead drops off. This will most likely not happen to you in your average match, but its still something to look out for. Also, if you see a Mario with a fully charged FLUDD, DO NOT use blizzard near the edge of the stage. If you use it, and the Mario out spaces you, you will get pushed off mid blizzard, and most likely end up de-synced. Nothing boosts a Mario's moral than getting a kill with FLUDD so don't let this happen.

Make sure you keep their moral low by chain grabbing the hell out of them :laugh:, because as someone above me said, it is VERY VERY easy to actually perform the CG on Mario once you do manage to get the grab off. Anyway if I had to put numbers on this match up I'd say 55-45 IC against a Mario with little or no IC battle experience, and 60-40 Mario when the Mario player knows the match up.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I have a lot of experience with this match up, and it really all comes down to the Mario knowing the match up or not. The cape = **** against IC (and pretty much everyone else), it will turn around your belay and your squall (very easy for them to cape squall!!!), so it can be problematic getting back on the stage. Never assume that you are safe from the cape, because it can still reflect for a while after the actual cape is gone, AND it doubles (I think) your momentum, so even if you get caped at the end of squall, you will most likely going flying off in the opposite direction. Also don't quote me on this, but I am fairly sure that Mario's down smash comes out as fast as MK's, so spot dodge into d-smash is great for keeping the IC's from grabbing.

Down air separates the IC really well, and once they are separated Mario has a ridiculous (and by ridiculous I mean its just plain stupid how easy it is) time killing Nana unless you act fast. It is also very difficult to camp a Mario that knows what they are doing with fireballs. While its true they don't have great range, and they don't do much damage, they will stop you, and they will force you to make mistakes if you are not smart about avoiding them.

Onto FLUDD! Personally I have never found FLUDD to pose much of a problem, but if aimed right it can royally screw you over on a few occasions. What I have experienced is getting hit by it during a recovering belay, and even though Nana tethers the ledge, Popo just does not fly up to it, and instead drops off. This will most likely not happen to you in your average match, but its still something to look out for. Also, if you see a Mario with a fully charged FLUDD, DO NOT use blizzard near the edge of the stage. If you use it, and the Mario out spaces you, you will get pushed off mid blizzard, and most likely end up de-synced. Nothing boosts a Mario's moral than getting a kill with FLUDD so don't let this happen.

Make sure you keep their moral low by chain grabbing the hell out of them :laugh:, because as someone above me said, it is VERY VERY easy to actually perform the CG on Mario once you do manage to get the grab off. Anyway if I had to put numbers on this match up I'd say 55-45 IC against a Mario with little or no IC battle experience, and 60-40 Mario when the Mario player knows the match up.
I wouldn't put the match up so much in favor toward Mario just yet. I like the fact that you actually thought through about Mario's potential in this match up rather than saying "CG will kill him" but you have to understand the potential that the Ice Climbers truly have in this match-up... All these things that you have mentioned are viable but now think, what can Mario possibly do to the Ice Climbers if they shield whenever he approaches, dashing shield at him when he isn't doing anything, and ice block whenever he fireballs? If he uses one of his aerials, he would hit the shield and get grabbed. If he uses an attack, he would get grabbed. If he grabbed, he would get punished by Nana. In the end, Mario can only win against the Ice Climbers by punishing the mistakes the Ice Climbers do. All the Ice Climbers need to do in the end simply use their shields and wait for the Mario to make a mistake. They have everything to be an anti approach for Mario and the Ice Climbers don't have to approach at all to win since they have their shields and running around being the best defense, forcing people without a good pressure to approach. Since brawl has made it so that their is always an opening in approaches, no matter how small the opening is, making it so that there is no safe approach, Mario can't really do much to the Ice Climbers.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Well doing an IB when he fireballs does not work that well, since the fireballs bounce, and good Mario players dont use the fireballs from the ground, often they will just go over the IB. Also when he is using fireballs its usualy when he is approaching, and while your shielding the fireball, he will be either setting up another attack, moving to a better position, or attempting a grab (in my experience anyway). Perhaps its just the person I played, but the Mario that I have experience with is very air based, so running up and shielding does not work because they often just jump over and either wait for the shield to go down, or use one of their no lag aerials as they are coming down behind the IC, so there is not much you can do to retaliate. Falling B-airs ****.

Also Nana will not always be able to punish grabs, if the Mario pummels the moment he grabs it will knock the other IC away slightly, then he can follow up with one of his fast throws (f-throw, d-throw). Also as all IC players should know you cant really rely on Nana for anything when you REALLY need her lol.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Well doing an IB when he fireballs does not work that well, since the fireballs bounce, and good Mario players dont use the fireballs from the ground, often they will just go over the IB. Also when he is using fireballs its usualy when he is approaching, and while your shielding the fireball, he will be either setting up another attack, moving to a better position, or attempting a grab (in my experience anyway). Perhaps its just the person I played, but the Mario that I have experience with is very air based, so running up and shielding does not work because they often just jump over and either wait for the shield to go down, or use one of their no lag aerials as they are coming down behind the IC, so there is not much you can do to retaliate. Falling B-airs ****.

Also Nana will not always be able to punish grabs, if the Mario pummels the moment he grabs it will knock the other IC away slightly, then he can follow up with one of his fast throws (f-throw, d-throw). Also as all IC players should know you cant really rely on Nana for anything when you REALLY need her lol.
Who said that you couldn't' jump while IBing to nullify fireballs? Additionally, you can just walk a few steps back and watch as the fireball fizzles itself out... Also, if he goes behind you, dsmash or rising bair OoS comes into play based on how they are retreating.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Haha, the IB canceling out the fireball in the air really has a lot to do on exactly where both players are on the stage. You could jump to block them true, but assuming that there is a fireball out, and the Mario is approaching behind it, you use your IB in the air to stop it, and you have a second of ending lag on the IB attack that leaves you vulnerable to some kind of aerial from the incoming Mario.

Also if he is behind you and in the air, his B-air beats the IC B-air, and stays out longer. They can start the B-air just as they go over you, and fast fall it. Its very hard to counter this aside from trying to roll away, but the B-air will often still hit Nana if you try that. D-smash would not hit the Mario if they are in the air too, and since they have a lot of attacks with no landing lag you cant guarantee a hit with it when they land behind you.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Haha, the IB canceling out the fireball in the air really has a lot to do on exactly where both players are on the stage. You could jump to block them true, but assuming that there is a fireball out, and the Mario is approaching behind it, you use your IB in the air to stop it, and you have a second of ending lag on the IB attack that leaves you vulnerable to some kind of aerial from the incoming Mario.

Also if he is behind you and in the air, his B-air beats the IC B-air, and stays out longer. They can start the B-air just as they go over you, and fast fall it. Its very hard to counter this aside from trying to roll away, but the B-air will often still hit Nana if you try that. D-smash would not hit the Mario if they are in the air too, and since they have a lot of attacks with no landing lag you cant guarantee a hit with it when they land behind you.
Like I said, you can just walk away from it and watch as the approach doesn't work for the fireball issue. You can also just jab the fireball and watch the approach Mario does.

For Mario's approach like that, shielding the whole thing isn't bad. And if they start the bair as they go over you and fastfall it, Dsmash will connect. If their just bairing and retreating off into the air, it'll be safe the the Ice Climbers to just release the shield afterwards and walk away.

For an Ice Climber main, you seem to be strangely confident in this match up being bad against a Mario. He isn't that great of a character. His aerials can be blizzarded and if he lands from FF his aerials, he's open for a grab.

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I am confident in it being against them, Mario deserves more credit than people give him, if played right he can rack up damage fast and his aerials may have short range, but they do have good priority against IC. But ok suppose you walk away from the fireball, what then? All this is essentially accomplishing is just retreating towards the ledge (and I'm sure you can agree with me that IC are not the best characters to play on the edge). The Mario can just repeat the process. Also jabbing the fireball may work, but you have to remember that the Mario is almost guaranteed to be following it, and he can attack you while u are taking out the fireball. I'm not arguing that IC cannot handle Mario, I just don't think that "Mario can't really do much to the Ice Climbers".

His aerials can be stopped with blizzard, but the problem is that a good Mario will expect blizzard and be ready with the **** cape. As I said, this match up is more about the Mario knowing about how the IC play. I did say that against just a normal Mario player without a large amount of IC experience the match up is 55-45 IC. I only said 60-40 for the experienced match up because Mario has a lot of options for stopping the IC, and is very good at separating them.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I am confident in it being against them, Mario deserves more credit than people give him, if played right he can rack up damage fast and his aerials may have short range, but they do have good priority against IC. But ok suppose you walk away from the fireball, what then? All this is essentially accomplishing is just retreating towards the ledge (and I'm sure you can agree with me that IC are not the best characters to play on the edge). The Mario can just repeat the process. Also jabbing the fireball may work, but you have to remember that the Mario is almost guaranteed to be following it, and he can attack you while u are taking out the fireball. I'm not arguing that IC cannot handle Mario, I just don't think that "Mario can't really do much to the Ice Climbers".

His aerials can be stopped with blizzard, but the problem is that a good Mario will expect blizzard and be ready with the **** cape. As I said, this match up is more about the Mario knowing about how the IC play. I did say that against just a normal Mario player without a large amount of IC experience the match up is 55-45 IC. I only said 60-40 for the experienced match up because Mario has a lot of options for stopping the IC, and is very good at separating them.
His options for separating them require him to get close to them. If the Ice Climbers shield, Mario with be in their hands. Also, if a mario is approaching with an aerial, how would he be able to cape in the middle of an aerial?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
short hopped fireballs can indeed mess us up. mario is a bigger threat than most of us give him credit. he has deceptive range and can actually spam fairly effectively. his smashes are especially annoying and his utilt can lock us if were not careful. definitely not an easy match for us. however, i'm not entirely confident in this matchup to give a rating. i'm say it could really go either way, but when it does the other person gets hit hard. mario might have the greater advantage, but its really pretty even.......

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
Ok Demonic let me explain myself :) I did not mean cape in the middle of an aerial, I meant that if Mario is in the air, a good one who knows what they are doing should expect us to blizzard as they are coming down, so instead of using an aerial they can use the cape instead of the aerial. Also grabbing a Mario out of their D-air is very difficult since it is multiple hits, and even if you could easily grab them out of their main separating attack, they could still just DI the attack so it ends on the opposite side of the IC, where their little mittens cannot reach him.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Ok Demonic let me explain myself :) I did not mean cape in the middle of an aerial, I meant that if Mario is in the air, a good one who knows what they are doing should expect us to blizzard as they are coming down, so instead of using an aerial they can use the cape instead of the aerial. Also grabbing a Mario out of their D-air is very difficult since it is multiple hits, and even if you could easily grab them out of their main separating attack, they could still just DI the attack so it ends on the opposite side of the IC, where their little mittens cannot reach him.
I'm just saying that his approaches can be highly punishable if the Ice Climbers know what they are doing. If he dairs behind you, you can smash him and almost guarantee a hit. If he goes in front, you grab.

meepxzero

Smash Master
high level play id say its 45:55.... marth IF HES playing perfect.

People say this is one of ic hardest match ups, but in general marth is a really awful character and has to be played almost perfectly to do well (has to tipper everytime). You can pretty much powershield ur way past his spacing because mistakes are always going to occur in marths game. I could write a long guide on it but im lazy XD.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
its in his favor but stopping/edge guarding him is easy. his dancing blade is his best tool in this matchup and he WILL abuse it. you can try shielding it but more than likely some part will shield poke one or both of you. power shielding makes this matchup a lot easier to get grabs. on top of all of this blizzard is our ****** tool. desync'd alting blizzards is just amazing on marth. use ice desync'd ice blocks to force an approach and then just cg his medium weight *** all over the place.

it is important to remember, however, that good marths will have terrific spacing making most of this very hard (see: near impossible) to pull off. its 45:55 marth simply because approaching him is just terribly difficult.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't have much problems with Marth. :x

It's just his range that's the killer. He's one of the easiest to CG and is lightweight.

Running under short hop FAir and reverse grabbing him is amaaaazing.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hey Kawaii. :)

And yeah Marth vs IC's probably barely in Marth's favor.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
funny story. i was playing friendlies when a marth fair'd me and nana off the stage. he quit when we were pretty far off and moved back to start trying to get back to the stage. i did a cstick'd fair. nana spiked him out of his jump. i made it back to the stage with a single hop -> up b (nana didn't make it. i thought i was close enough for a tether but i apparently was wrong....).

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
aggressive marths are not a good mu imo.
his aerials > your aerials
his groundattacks > your groundattacks

when you´re too close to marth he will do side-b or dtilt
blizzard and iceblocks are the way to go.

and basic stuff thats working on all characters: powershield and punishment.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Powershield=grab, use that retreating fair to your advantage and it´ll be a fun matchup.

I think I´ve grabbed my opponent through dancingblade which makes his "best" move against IC risky...
60-40 to IC IMO (I was earlier leaning the other way but after getting some experience in the matchup I think IC does well in this matchup)

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I always have a very difficult time with this match up. F-air if properly spaced beats out all of the IC's attacks except blizzard (and maybe belay?). I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I'v actually had a Marth, who is stuck in the freeze frames from the blizzard, actually F-air me OUT of it. It does not happen every often, but it can. They can also Dolphin Slash out of it and hit you if they DI towards you then use it.

Usually when I grab Marth out of dancing blade, Nana still gets hit for some reason, and by the time the small hit stun on her goes away, the Marth can break out of my grab (they break out in under a second under 60% usually when I play against Marth).

Maybe its just the Marth I play, but I find it very hard to power shield-grab him, because he spaces his F-airs to the point where if I power shield, I am still out of range for a grab. Also when I power shield or just normal shield, the hit from the F-air pushes me back to the point where even if the Marth does not perfectly space the attack, I still cant get a grab in.

I never tried what you said until today Kawaii, and running under his F-airs does not seem to work for me :(. Every time I try I end up getting hit by the end of one of the F-airs because of the hit box that goes under Marth.

If I had to put numbers on it I'd say at most 50:50 because while it is difficult to punish Marth, and actually get a grab on him, its extremely easy to CG him once you do get the grab. Also I agree with l!nk_aut that this match is all about punishment. The only matches I ever win against Marth are the ones where I take it super slow and wait for mess ups.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lol, dancing blade probably comes out too fast for the grab to effectively stop its hitbox from reaching Nana. Oh and running under fairs is putting yourself in a very bad position since marths will space their fairs so that you cannot grab them when they land. Sure, you can powershield a fair and may get lucky and grab marth (provided he doesnt Dolphin Slash you) but after seeing you do that once, chances are the player will just mix up what they do when they shff. I play both IC's (still rather new to them) and marth so i know how difficult it is to approach effectively much less get a grab XD.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I actually see this match up 60:40 for Marth because Marth has the advantage of having many safe ways of approaching the Ice Climbers, besides double fairing, to prevent grabbing. They have dtilt, DB, Fair to uair, even shieldbreaker works since the Ice Climbers have such bad traction, and simply doing the aerials all the way across the Ice Climber's shields so that they can't shield grab. Only a Marth slipping up would be the reason why you could get a grab on them. As long as Marth is constantly putting pressure on the Ice Climbers and gains momentum on them with his good approaches, the Ice Climbers can do very little to stop him.

meepxzero

Smash Master
50:50

Its just trying ur best with ic to outlast the gay stuff mk can dish out (tornado/dair camping) to find an opening to land the death grab.

Only real advice i can give is... never stay in ur shield for too long. You need a full shield to shield tornado (you have to tilt shield so you dont get poked). If its slightly smaller u will get caught in it. If they are in the air do

well placed uairs and dont be afraid to grab them when they try to attack you on the ground because they are just asking for it.

Really fun match up imo because it really is outsmarting and spotting mistakes to punish mk. You will win if you are smarter than the mk and know the match up.

im sure lain could write a bible on this match up lolz

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Imo, Meep pretty much speaks the truth about the matchup...

Meep, how long do your matches against MK usually take? Do they push time on you?

meepxzero

Smash Master
uhhh dunno.. I rarely have games ever time out on me anymore because im always attacking and putting myself in bad situations (just so the fight progresses). I know you guys camp lain to death lol, but he kinda plays

campier than i do. I remember the one time i played m2k i pretty much chased him on the platform and started cging him on it lol. You wouldnt believe how crazy the crowd got after that.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Wow.. now i actually have to explain how lame this matchup is
well every experienced ic player already knows all his lame stuff

Im not in the mood now i'll describe it all later so for now
~Reserved~

Smasher89

Smash Lord
You can actually run in and get a grab in between that shuttleloop and dsmash for example due to that small landinglag (if you shield the glideattack or is close behind him).

It´s actually possible for like Marth, do a dair out of blizzard but it think it should be able to get countered with shield/powershield to maybe a shieldgrab, and every experienced MK will try to hit with that dair I think...

Hitting MK when he is close to the bottom to the stage with an Iceblock might actually gimp him with a bit of luck.

Avoid stages with low cieling since MK is able to 5-6 uair to tornado kill Nana upwards :/ (maybe it´s possible to "teach" Nana to airdodge out of that with the cpus "learning system" if it´s been there)

I´ve yet to get better at this against MK but I think run in and powershield might stand some chance against that fairs range, since it works great against marth at least.

For the daircamping I think a strategy that might work is counting his jumps, he has 5-6 jumps + up-b/tornado.
With reading the pattern it should get easier to know when he lands, and punish with a grab...

EDIT: Something I would like someone to investigate is the airrelease on MK, it seems that it might be able to run after and grab or something (not guarantied) on him, is it possible to run in and grab before dsmash?

Oh and that Dsmash is just begging to get powershielded.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
@Meep, lol nice, I can see how that would get people pumped... Yeah, Lain and Omni play pretty defensively, but in a slightly different way... Omni plays a little campier and does more damage and whatnot while doing it, while Lain's more looking to protect himself while constantly trying to get that grab.

Just curious, but what's your thoughts on Smashville against MK? I see a ton of IC players stage strike there against me and I really don't agree with it. While I can see why it would be nice as far as not many platforms, it's really an ideal stage to time people out on. Because the platform moves from side to side, there are long periods of time when you're on the platform away from your opponent and time's just going by, then it's easy to avoid your opponent when it goes back to the other side. You can also pretty much always get to the platform when your jumps are about out. Imo, IC players should stop going to Smashville against MK's that could push time.

You can actually run in and get a grab in between that shuttleloop and dsmash for example due to that small landinglag (if you shield the glideattack or is close behind him).
This is true, but it's a really bad idea for a MK to glide at an IC player. If you glide attack and the IC powershields it, they get a free grab on MK. Same if they read the drop and just grab.

It´s actually possible for like Marth, do a dair out of blizzard but it think it should be able to get countered with shield/powershield to maybe a shieldgrab, and every experienced MK will try to hit with that dair I think...
Doing this does work sometimes, but not always and it could (but probably wouldn't) put you in a bad position. If I'm in a position when I need a hit fast and I don't care about taking percent, I may try it. If I'm ahead in percent and really don't want to take anymore, I won't do it and I'll continue running around having you chase me.

I´ve yet to get better at this against MK but I think run in and powershield might stand some chance against that fairs range, since it works great against marth at least.
Powershielding the fair doesn't help too much. Marth is good to powershield because it's a single hit so you can move it directly afterward. MK's fair is multihit and he's probably gonna be moving backward or jumping over you.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
My god, make that picture smaller. @_@

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
in my opinion mk is a way more easier matchup than snake for us ic´s.

try to use your blizzard well (and spam it like hell). metaknights don´t like it to be outpriorized. also desynch blizzard can be a very nice setup for a grab.

some well spaced aerials can surprise the metaknight player.

i think the metaknight mu is a blizzard/iceblock spamgame and not so bad. i would say 70:30. thats cause metaknight can seperate you so well and kill nana with a uair tornado combo very early. also he´s a gimpmaster.

meepxzero

Smash Master
hmm smashville isnt bad... The only thing i havent seen many ic mains do is use the platform to their
advantage. Like people tend to have patterns on when they get on it. (Most people i fight plank till it comes around and just jump onto it from the ledge). So you can pretty much wait for them on the platform and try going for grabs on it. Some match ups ic can use the platform real well (especially against diddy just camp it when ur ahead and spam ice blocks). I agree tho it is a bad stage if people do time you out generally. I remember seeing ur matches with lain XD. I havent had bad experiences on the stage yet. I had some with battlefield tho.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Using platforms as IC's can be a bit dangerous though against MK. When IC's on one, it kinda leaves them open to attacks where they were previously covered by staying on the ground...

But yeah, battlefield is also an amazing stage to camp on with MK or any character that has a lot of aerial control like Wario or G&W. I love battlefield against snakes w/ MK because I can pretty much run away forever and if they ever try to play aggressive enough to hit me, they put themselves in a bad position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom