• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Thread*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Really though meep, you can't just use how you do against people to determine match-ups. You have to note trends and options both characters have when put in certain situations.

This is one thing that sucks about talking about IC's...we don't really have enough players to note trends. You see GW losing to snake everywhere, you don't see ANY consistent results with IC's except maybe IC's doing well against MK. Otherwise it's really varied. I mean I go pretty much even with PX's wario now, but I still think it's in warios favor, and I think PX would beat lain's climbers in a set if lain didn't get experience against him. Or rather he would force lain onto DDD.

Match-up experience means a ton, especially with IC's. At my last tournament I beat a MK ranked higher then me in our PRing's in tournament, then lost to two lucarios. This was because I hadn't really even THOUGHT about the lucario match-up and got impatient trying to figure it out during tournament.

I will try to write up something on Wario vs IC's pretty soon that's in-depth.

noradseven

Smash Lord
ZSS's over B can tottally be punished after a PS, its one of the reasons we have started moving away from it. I have only played ICs in tournies a few times, my general impression is you kinda of invalidate our neutral B and our over B becomes kinda risky against you, but it we use it while retreating to punish jump rush's its safe as usual, but that isn't going to hit anyone.

I personally find this match very frusterating because ZSS does not want to approach IC and IC doesn't want to jump at ZSS, trust me our aireals will spilt you up then we will just rush down nana we are p. fast. And we will be terrified of getting grabbed alot of this game is going to be a game of chicken. we can punish your neutral B without too much difficulty from a safe range, and you can punish our ranged moves with frighteing effieciency.

You will probably be seeing the ZSS use alot of b-air and some n-air, IC i would except to see alot of blizzard well cause its p. safe, IDK its going to be a close match I think ZSS wins it but Im probably just biased.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
>_>. I think TL's pretty easy honestly. I beat Jerm 2-0 at ozzfest and he used to beat my GW when I mained him.
But I beat your ic's in the MM right after =]. I think you just have to be mentally ready to fight ic's thats all. But we can MM again, and I'll make sure it wont be easy >=]. I wont counterpick either.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Props on the fantastic work. All match-ups completed. I've been going through the boards alphabetically, the only other board to have accomplished this thus far is G&W! Anyways, I'm building a chart with all the match-up data from every board to get a collective idea of SWFs thoughts. If there are any last minute updates, keep me posted please!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But I beat your ic's in the MM right after =]. I think you just have to be mentally ready to fight ic's thats all. But we can MM again, and I'll make sure it wont be easy >=]. I wont counterpick either.
No, you went 1-1 with my IC's afterwards.

You beat my GW 3rd match :).

I was just pointing out that it was easier to play you with Ice climbers then GW, even though I have mained GW since the game came out in Japan haha. I did better with my renewed IC's.

HammerBro123

Smash Cadet
i dont think the metaknight is 50 50 its more like 65 35 if its a non aggressive metaknight the its 65 35 if its a aggressive metaknight then it might be 50 50

Smoom77

Smash Master
For the Snake match-up, I've heard that a rightly timed sh blizzard can stop a grenade without hurting ICs. Just might want to add that? I dunno, I'm just a noob. =P

IxxI

Smash Fence
Seriously, when will someone organize this thread?
It looks sloppy IMO. I like the character pictures though, lol.

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, Ice Climbers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + IC match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom