• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ice Climbers Matchup Thread*Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
That's understandable. But I still fail to see why we win against ZSS D:

EDIT: Oh, and yeah I know I don't really contribute tourney wise, but I'm only 13 and my parens don't really like to take me to tourneys. But I'm about ot start this summer. I'm going to HERB2 And I'm planning to do really good. But this will be my first big tourney so I unno. Especially with people like M2K and G-Reg going.

Hence

Smash Ace
Lol, side b DOES have enough lag for us to grab it.

Correct me if im wrong, but side B can easily be DI-ed out of.

She cant camp very well lmao, running shield destroys most of her camp. Then she have to rely on grab which is pretty mucha dead end.

If you run, nana wont get hit after a PS. Why do you think lain abuses so much the running PS ? Ics should rarely be just standing anyways.

Sorry, you misuse em D:
1. No, you can't DI out of Plasma Whip.

2. We can camp well. If you think running at us and shielding is going to do anything, try again. If you shield a Paralyzer shot and go for the grab, guess what? Jab. Flip Jump works too, as we can escape any approach you throw at us.

3. ZSS mains don't need to and won't grab against most characters. This is especially so against Ice Climbers because you can simply jab with Nana to break our grab.

I'm not going to contribute but I'm pretty sure zamus' side be only has start up lag and little-no end lag.
You would be correct, sir.

swordgard

Smash Hero
1. No, you can't DI out of Plasma Whip.

2. We can camp well. If you think running at us and shielding is going to do anything, try again. If you shield a Paralyzer shot and go for the grab, guess what? Jab. Flip Jump works too, as we can escape any approach you throw at us.

3. ZSS mains don't need to and won't grab against most characters. This is especially so against Ice Climbers because you can simply jab with Nana to break our grab.

You would be correct, sir.

You CAN DI out of plasma whip.

I did it on multiple occasions.

Id have to replay zss, but im pretty sure its 6-4. If i can take the 1st zss and beat him on rainbow cruise online (where ics are much worst then ZSS), then i dont think the matchup is 7-3.

Oh and guess what, ics can easily go to zss even when she camps :)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Online is alittle different. But if you'd like to play some online I'd be willing. My ZSS vs. your Climbers?

Hence

Smash Ace
I would too, Sword.

Tomorrow or something because I'm kinda busy today. I really believe this matchup is heavily in our favor.

Add me on MSN.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Im saying all of these things from personal experience, because it seems to me like its much easier for ics to mindgame zss into getting grabbed than for zss to own them.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
"Online is alittle different."

I seem to get hit by side b on wifi a LOT more than irl lol

I'm not sure if it's the character or the players, but I get KO'd a majority of the time in ICs vs ZSS from a relatively fresh side b. Squall doesn't seem TOO bad when trying to get up in ZSS's face when camping her side b. Starting Squall in the air just out of range of the whip can give just enough speed to go over the hitboxes or even hit her before the hitboxes come out. does that make sense?

"Im saying all of these things from personal experience, because it seems to me like its much easier for ics to mindgame zss into getting grabbed than for zss to own them."

And on the subject of mindgames, I suppose that how easily someone is mindgamed into getting grabbed has to do with a player's mindgame skillz and less to do with the character being used. So ZSS doesn't factor in to that, really.

swordgard

Smash Hero
"Online is alittle different."

I seem to get hit by side b on wifi a LOT more than irl lol

I'm not sure if it's the character or the players, but I get KO'd a majority of the time in ICs vs ZSS from a relatively fresh side b. Squall doesn't seem TOO bad when trying to get up in ZSS's face when camping her side b. Starting Squall in the air just out of range of the whip can give just enough speed to go over the hitboxes or even hit her before the hitboxes come out. does that make sense?

"Im saying all of these things from personal experience, because it seems to me like its much easier for ics to mindgame zss into getting grabbed than for zss to own them."

And on the subject of mindgames, I suppose that how easily someone is mindgamed into getting grabbed has to do with a player's mindgame skillz and less to do with the character being used. So ZSS doesn't factor in to that, really.
Lol, mindgaming a falcon into getting grab is much easier than snake, its just that ZSS has alot of opening when compared to how fast she can KO em.

lain

Smash Master
MM @ MWC?
$5 best of 5. I like how Florida does their mm's :D.

Lol. I'm fairly sure I don't misuse them D: And....uhm...if you PS her SideB (assuming she SH'd it) it's not laggy enough for you to get the grab. ZSS doesn't need grabs, and Dsmash beats IC's really badly. And her Main KO moves are the Side B and the Bair. (she can Dsmash>Bair on Nana for early kills since she doesn't DI) No she can't gimp but she CAN camp really well. 7:3 ZSS. If not 6:4 ZSS, but we have a disadvantage on this matchup.
It depends on when you powershield her sideb. But general rule of thumb, if you PS her sideb, she's going to lose a stock.

swordgard

Smash Hero
$5 best of 5. I like how Florida does their mm's :D.

It depends on when you powershield her sideb. But general rule of thumb, if you PS her sideb, she's going to lose a stock.

And watch as people agree when ive been saying that for 2 pages =D

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Lol I'm not sure if their MM will change my mind, if it does probzly only a little bit at the most. I will probably still think we have a disadvantage, just a smaller one?

swordgard

Smash Hero
using Wi-fi as an example is ******** dumb.
Meh, wifi actually allows you to become better and its still brawl. In general, ics are the hardest characters to play online (no joke) with a close second being probably diddy. If the matchup is very doable online, then offline it is too.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
From my experiences with Zero-Suit Samus, Side-B is pretty telegraphed. Running powershield has gotten me into grab range whenever I managed to powershield the first hit. The second hit continues and won't connect, leaving Zero Suit Samus wide open. Both Ice Climbers will powershield the hits when together and they end up right in front of her.

Down-Smash is annoying due to its range and no cooldown. It's not that fast though.

Down-B can be used to escape. Combined with a footstool it allows her to fly a far distance at a fast rate. As an attack it can easily set up for edgeguarding and can possibly separate them. Powershield or a missed attack could lead to a stock loss as well.

There's other stuff too, but for the most part we can deal with the long ranged options.

Plasma Whip only kills me when fresh and I'm at over 150.

I can see why the majority of the people think we lose to her though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
1) Anyone with a good recovery and heavier weight can survive the ICs fair spike easily (Wario can survive a fresh one by meteor canceling at around 100%).

2) You CAN camp well under platforms with the ICs vs Wario, but in doing so you are letting Wario build up the waft, which is a combo opener as much as it is a finisher in this matchup, from my experience (and it's not hard to land on them at all).

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
rofl at sheik matchup...Sad matchup for sheik. Shes super easy to grab and needles isnt that much of aproblem. The main problem fighting against sheik is offstage where she can gimp you -.-

swordgard

Smash Hero
1) Anyone with a good recovery and heavier weight can survive the ICs fair spike easily (Wario can survive a fresh one by meteor canceling at around 100%).

2) You CAN camp well under platforms with the ICs vs Wario, but in doing so you are letting Wario build up the waft, which is a combo opener as much as it is a finisher in this matchup, from my experience (and it's not hard to land on them at all).

Ics should never fair spike anyways, you can SDI and edgetech >.> Ics should always finish with upsmash.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Ics should never fair spike anyways, you can SDI and edgetech >.> Ics should always finish with upsmash.
Or Fsmash if you're by the edge of the stage. I forgot where, but there's a certain part of the hammer, I think it's the tip, where if you hit them with Fsmash out of a grab, they seem to go way farther than normal and can't DI up from it (I'm not sure if it's true, but I've gotten the same results against both noobs and pros).

lain

Smash Master
Meh, wifi actually allows you to become better and its still brawl. In general, ics are the hardest characters to play online (no joke) with a close second being probably diddy. If the matchup is very doable online, then offline it is too.
Wifi allows you to learn matchups in a kind of half-***** way, but that's really it. You're not playing at the same speed, the same reactionary bar is not placed so high and frantic as it is in "real life".

Or Fsmash if you're by the edge of the stage. I forgot where, but there's a certain part of the hammer, I think it's the tip, where if you hit them with Fsmash out of a grab, they seem to go way farther than normal and can't DI up from it (I'm not sure if it's true, but I've gotten the same results against both noobs and pros).
Fsmash at the tip from only one climber can kill MK at 70% near the sides of FD. Remember this.

lain

Smash Master
If you watch me vs Dojo match 3, you'll notice (or not) that for the final stock I charged reverse Fsmash, only because I knew it was over and I had just beaten mutha****in DOJO.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Ive played against a good sonic quite a bit in friendlies last time I went to a tourney. I never went ICs though lol.

Just keep in mind Sonic can punish nearly everything you do.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I'd put Squirtle at 35-65, Squirtle's favour. Seperates extremely well, gimps well, difficult to punish and hard to maintain a good out-of-grab game.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Sonic.....Desyc blizzzards stops most of his appraoches. The only way i can think of him appraoching is from above which you can Uair with teh Desynced Blizzard and Uair. Forcing him to approach might be needed then again...i need to find a good sonic >.>

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Lol no experience with Toon Link and Wario really... I only know that our squall goes through Toon Link's arrows and the boomerang and bombs eats it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I've never played a good TL, but from the people I have played...it's not really that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom