I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

Super Devon

Smash Rookie
First post on this site, but I'm curious as to why they didn't use Tails's full name "Miles Tails Prower" for his spirit, because a most Sonic spirits do, but some don't, hmmm....

You'd think they would add Tails full name to a Fighter Spirit.

Last edited:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ls_its_fourth_sonic_the_hedgehog_resin_statue

Even a collector figure company acknowledges that Tails is important enough to get the combo statue treatment. Also, regular and exclusive editions are regional game cover marketing in a nutshell, heh.

I can't stress enough that no matter what happens in the coming months (and possibly years), support for Tails must increase and not stop. As Sega characters get in, it'll get increasingly difficult to ignore support for Sonic characters, so dedication has to be as frequent as possible, no matter how long it takes.

Last edited:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ls_its_fourth_sonic_the_hedgehog_resin_statue

Even a collector figure company acknowledges that Tails is important enough to get the combo statue treatment. Also, regular and exclusive editions are regional game cover marketing in a nutshell, heh.

I can't stress enough that no matter what happens in the coming months (and possibly years), support for Tails must increase and not stop. As Sega characters get in, it'll get increasingly difficult to ignore support for Sonic characters, so dedication has to be as frequent as possible, no matter how long it takes.
The main thing is Tails will get in if they ever decide to expand Sonic's representation outside of just Sonic character wise. And probably more then just echoes (Unless they pull Tails' moveset from Sonic the Fighters and make him Ken-style. Tails won't be an echo. And would likely go to Shadow). With the mii costumes returning. It's pretty obvious Tails' time won't be Ultimate even if a 2nd fighter pass happens. So we're left waiting for the next game and next system if we're hoping to have Tails in Smash. And next Smash there's also the possibility of Knuckles and Eggman giving Tails some trouble next time too. And that's not even counting the possibility they STILL remain with Sonic alone and still give more Sega series a chance to be pushed like Puyo Puyo, Yakuza, etc.

So it's kind of a tough road ahead. No one Sonic character is being put through a consensus campaign because we're split between 4 choices. You have Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow (There's also some support others, but these are our big 4 pretty much). The Shadow camp even kind of having a split of it's own on whether they'd like Shadow as an echo or his own character. The best case scenario for Tails is we at least get two of the 4 in some fashion or another. I think Tails' would have an advantage if there's room for 3 Sonic characters. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles would make up the classic trio. Sonic, Tails, and Shadow would be a way of having both classic and modern represented. And Sonic, Tails, and Eggman are the characters that more often then not appear together in Sonic games even if Sonic's the only one playable. There could be a threat of going Shadow and Knuckles and/or Eggman. But in a 3-rep basis, Tails should be certain. But given things have shut down on a Sonic rep on all possibilities in Ultimate. Not even a 2nd rep is a certainty. And that's a concern going forward no matter what for our two-tailed fox.

Yeah, we currently don't know if any series from a company will have actual second characters that aren't echoes. They're taking baby steps with that, even though plenty of people think all barriers will be broken in one game. Besides, I'm not certain we'll get another Sega character 'til next time anyways (unless a hat trick's pulled with Axel, I dunno).

As long as the Sonic series lasts, there remains a chance for demand for Smash inclusions. No matter how many Mario and Sonic olympics are thrown at our general direction. Sure, other Sega series can get in, but I see that as a necessary weasel, since like I said it'll help divert more attention to Sonic characters after the other series get in. They just need to actually get to the pure-blooded ones (Bayonetta's situation is unique, while Joker is more of an Atlus creation).

Last edited: