• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Will Believe In Myself: Miles "Tails" Prower Support Thread

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
First post on this site, but I'm curious as to why they didn't use Tails's full name "Miles Tails Prower" for his spirit, because a most Sonic spirits do, but some don't, hmmm....

You'd think they would add Tails full name to a Fighter Spirit.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
First post on this site, but I'm curious as to why they didn't use Tails's full name "Miles Tails Prower" for his spirit, because a most Sonic spirits do, but some don't, hmmm....

You'd think they would add Tails full name to a Fighter Spirit.
I guess it's because to most people he's just Tails.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ls_its_fourth_sonic_the_hedgehog_resin_statue

Even a collector figure company acknowledges that Tails is important enough to get the combo statue treatment. Also, regular and exclusive editions are regional game cover marketing in a nutshell, heh.

I can't stress enough that no matter what happens in the coming months (and possibly years), support for Tails must increase and not stop. As Sega characters get in, it'll get increasingly difficult to ignore support for Sonic characters, so dedication has to be as frequent as possible, no matter how long it takes.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ls_its_fourth_sonic_the_hedgehog_resin_statue

Even a collector figure company acknowledges that Tails is important enough to get the combo statue treatment. Also, regular and exclusive editions are regional game cover marketing in a nutshell, heh.

I can't stress enough that no matter what happens in the coming months (and possibly years), support for Tails must increase and not stop. As Sega characters get in, it'll get increasingly difficult to ignore support for Sonic characters, so dedication has to be as frequent as possible, no matter how long it takes.
The main thing is Tails will get in if they ever decide to expand Sonic's representation outside of just Sonic character wise. And probably more then just echoes (Unless they pull Tails' moveset from Sonic the Fighters and make him Ken-style. Tails won't be an echo. And would likely go to Shadow). With the mii costumes returning. It's pretty obvious Tails' time won't be Ultimate even if a 2nd fighter pass happens. So we're left waiting for the next game and next system if we're hoping to have Tails in Smash. And next Smash there's also the possibility of Knuckles and Eggman giving Tails some trouble next time too. And that's not even counting the possibility they STILL remain with Sonic alone and still give more Sega series a chance to be pushed like Puyo Puyo, Yakuza, etc.

So it's kind of a tough road ahead. No one Sonic character is being put through a consensus campaign because we're split between 4 choices. You have Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and Shadow (There's also some support others, but these are our big 4 pretty much). The Shadow camp even kind of having a split of it's own on whether they'd like Shadow as an echo or his own character. The best case scenario for Tails is we at least get two of the 4 in some fashion or another. I think Tails' would have an advantage if there's room for 3 Sonic characters. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles would make up the classic trio. Sonic, Tails, and Shadow would be a way of having both classic and modern represented. And Sonic, Tails, and Eggman are the characters that more often then not appear together in Sonic games even if Sonic's the only one playable. There could be a threat of going Shadow and Knuckles and/or Eggman. But in a 3-rep basis, Tails should be certain. But given things have shut down on a Sonic rep on all possibilities in Ultimate. Not even a 2nd rep is a certainty. And that's a concern going forward no matter what for our two-tailed fox.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, we currently don't know if any series from a company will have actual second characters that aren't echoes. They're taking baby steps with that, even though plenty of people think all barriers will be broken in one game. Besides, I'm not certain we'll get another Sega character 'til next time anyways (unless a hat trick's pulled with Axel, I dunno).

As long as the Sonic series lasts, there remains a chance for demand for Smash inclusions. No matter how many Mario and Sonic olympics are thrown at our general direction. Sure, other Sega series can get in, but I see that as a necessary weasel, since like I said it'll help divert more attention to Sonic characters after the other series get in. They just need to actually get to the pure-blooded ones (Bayonetta's situation is unique, while Joker is more of an Atlus creation).

Edit: I'll take crossovers that aren't expected for 500$, Alex.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...r_with_cartoon_networks_ok_k_o_lets_be_heroes

Tellingly, Tails is the only character that's tagging the blue blur along. And, come to think of it, this situation is oddly appropriate, given a particular VA that used to be in a certain Sonic cartoon...

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Although it will never happen, how would fans react to Kai/Me (Kai the Hedgefox (an obscure visual novel/RPG)) getting in over Tails, Knuckles, and/or Shadow? Well Kai/I sorta looks like Tails at least.

Also, although Tails and Knuckles can be both clones, pseudo clones or semi clones of Sonic, neither of them can be echoes due to their proportions. Sonic is slightly tall and skinny, Tails is slightly short and fat, and Knuckles is muscular. Shadow and Silver on the other hand could be either Echoes, semi clones or pseudo clones of sonic.

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Although it will never happen, how would fans react to Kai/Me (Kai the Hedgefox (an obscure visual novel/RPG)) getting in over Tails, Knuckles, and/or Shadow? Well Kai/I sorta looks like Tails at least.
Why would you ask that?

Also, although Tails and Knuckles can be both clones, pseudo clones or semi clones of Sonic, neither of them can be echoes due to their proportions. Sonic is slightly tall and skinny, Tails is slightly short and fat, and Knuckles is muscular.
The problem with Tails being an echo is that he has short limbs and lacks quills (up throw), Knuckles is just broad-chested...he has no muscles.

Shadow and Silver on the other hand could be either Echoes, semi clones or pseudo clones of sonic.
I'm not even sure Silver can be an echo despite his build matching up, his abilities and playstyle are too different.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
The problem with Tails being an echo is that he has short limbs and lacks quills (up throw), Knuckles is just broad-chested...he has no muscles.
Of course, that's why Tails can't be an echo, but he can still be a clone, semi clone or pseudo-clone. Same with Knuckles.

I'm not even sure Silver can be an echo despite his build matching up, his abilities and playstyle are too different.
The reason why Silver can be an Echo is because he can Spin Dash and use Homing Attack. And I think he could pretty much use almost all of Sonic's moves in his moveset.

Why would you ask that?
I just mentioned it's because Kai/I looks/look similar to Tails.

Why would you ask that?

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Of course, that's why Tails can't be an echo, but he can still be a clone, semi clone or pseudo-clone. Same with Knuckles.
K.

The reason why Silver can be an Echo is because he can Spin Dash and use Homing Attack. And I think he could pretty much use almost all of Sonic's moves in his moveset.
Shadow can be an echo because he regularly functions just like Sonic. Silver does not.

Even in Generations where Shadow and Silver are relegated to boss battles Shadow actually behaves the same as Sonic. Silver, on the other hand, floats around and uses Telekinesis. In his debut game, he just...floats around and uses Telekinesis.

Rivals games are an exception (EVERYONE in those games plays exactly the same) but notice how in Forces they made Shadow a direct gameplay clone of Sonic and didn't do the same for Silver.

Silver, being an esper, has to use Telekinesis which means he can't be an echo. Him borrowing a moveset from Sonic would make a lot less sense than Shadow.

Irrelevant.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
With the Mii Costume, I have no reason to be afraid of Tails for the rest of the DLC cycle, so now I will throw my hat in the ring for what could have been.

I see Tails as being a Luigi to Sonic's Mario in a gameplay sense, so while there's a few moves they'd share (Spin Charge, nair, and maybe a few others) he would mostly pull from the two Sonic fighting games + Dummy Ring Bombs for SB, Tail Spin Down Smash, and of course, his flight for an UB, but I have a bizarre idea for a Neutral Special: Bomb Throw, inspired by Tails Adventure. Tails would throw four types of Bombs, in a cycle: the normal bombs, which are the jack of all trades of the bunch; the Napalm Bomb, which blows up and creates vertical cylinders as the flames move; the Remote Bomb, which doesn't explode until he does his neutral special again, and last but not least the Large Bomb, which has more power and a bigger explosion than anything else at the cost of having a longer timer and startup. His FS, I think should be him summoning the Tornado 3 and using the Power Laser Ability on stage, as opposed to a cutscene attack Tornado or Super Tails transformation. For statistics, he should be lighter than Sonic, I think he should also be slower than Sonic but still around top 5 for speed, and he would be faster than Sonic in the air but not quite the best.

Torn between Chemical Plant, Poloy Forest, or Prison Island for a stage, but let's just say there'd be a bunch of Tails themed music tracks. Versions of Believe in Myself, Sweet Dreams, literally all of his associated SA2 stages (Prison Lane, Mission Street, the SA2 Kart theme, Hidden Base, and Eternal Engine, maybe the non-Sonic/Shadow Hero/Dark boss theme too), Poloy Forest, and maybe just some extra songs from places you could associate with him.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
With the Mii Costume, I have no reason to be afraid of Tails for the rest of the DLC cycle, so now I will throw my hat in the ring for what could have been.
Although Tails is both a mii costume and a spirit, he can still be playable since non-fighter spirits and mii costumes don't deconfirm. As such, Pikachu has a non-fighter spirit that isn't an alternate variation.

Hero (Dragon Quest) has been revealed along with Banjo (Banjo Kazooie) at E3 2019. There are only two more fighters to go

If there isn't going to be another fighters pass, we could just commission/petition Nintendo to cancel the final DLC for the fighter's pass unless Tails is included.
My comission/petition above was to make it so that if they wanted to release the last of the 5 DLC fighters, they would need to add Tails as an extra playable character that's not part of the fighter's pass. The reason why I wouldn't have done it for Smash 4, is because there weren't any 3rd party 2nd reps. But i would do it for Ultimate is because Sonic is the most iconic 3rd party franchise, and it still doesn't have a 2nd rep, despite two less iconic 3rd party franchises already having 2nd reps. I'm okay with a less iconic franchise getting a 2nd rep, regardless if it's before a 2nd Sonic rep, but I'm not okay if it's without a 2nd Sonic rep.

Also what are the chances of getting another non-1st 3rd party rep before a 2nd Sonic rep?

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My comission/petition above was to make it so that if they wanted to release the last of the 5 DLC fighters, they would need to add Tails as an extra playable character that's not part of the fighter's pass. The reason why I wouldn't have done it for Smash 4, is because there weren't any 3rd party 2nd reps. But i would do it for Ultimate is because Sonic is the most iconic 3rd party franchise, and it still doesn't have a 2nd rep, despite two less iconic 3rd party franchises already having 2nd reps. I'm okay with a less iconic franchise getting a 2nd rep, regardless if it's before a 2nd Sonic rep, but I'm not okay if it's without a 2nd Sonic rep.
while i agree that the less iconic series got characters first sonic is still doing reasonably well, what with having two stages and two assist trophies and other things

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
If it were up to me, we would get 2 SEGA characters each game the way we got 2 Capcom characters in Smash 4. One of them is a new Sonic character, the other is somebody from a new SEGA series. Best of both worlds, let's say Tails and Kiryu get in, or Eggman and Arle, or any potential combination. You give the fans what they want while still providing badly-needed exposure to other series. One of them would be base game (probably the new series to get the most out of content), the other would be DLC (probably the Sonic characters because they sell themselves).

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
while i agree that the less iconic series got characters first sonic is still doing reasonably well, what with having two stages and two assist trophies and other things
Correct, but I think it would be better to have at least 2 sonic reps. and that's why I would do my aforementioned petition.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If it were up to me, we would get 2 SEGA characters each game the way we got 2 Capcom characters in Smash 4. One of them is a new Sonic character, the other is somebody from a new SEGA series. Best of both worlds, let's say Tails and Kiryu get in, or Eggman and Arle, or any potential combination. You give the fans what they want while still providing badly-needed exposure to other series. One of them would be base game (probably the new series to get the most out of content), the other would be DLC (probably the Sonic characters because they sell themselves).
well we did get one sega newcomer

Correct, but I think it would be better to have at least 2 sonic reps. and that's why I would do my aforementioned petition.
what was the petition about again? just tails or was it something else

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
what was the petition about again? just tails or was it something else
Here's my petition below.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
On the one hand, it kinda sucks that Sonic, the big ol' rival to Mario, only ever got one character in Smash Bros whilst Street Fighter and freaking newbie Castlevania got echo fighters, with Ken even creating the precedent that semi-clone level echos for 3rd parties (or at least as defined so by SmashWiki) can totally be a thing.

...But on the other it's still really funny that despite having everything going for him, ol' Ow the Edgehog still didn't get in as a Sonic echo. It kinda wouldn't sit right with me for him to get potentially the only other Sonic slot of a character kinda similar to Sonic instead.

I have to wonder if there was some kind of echo pass thing, or a way to release more echo fighters outside the Fighter's Pass because "they weren't talking about echo fighters for the FP characters", maybe there'd still be a little chance for Tails if they decided doing that after deciding to bring back the Mii costume? Or at least rather an Isabelle-level semiclone? But they did already sell his Mii costume again unfortunately, though you could at least say that was a pre-existing one from Smash 4 and stuff.

And even so, I legit have to wonder if the following would be feasible or not; maybe they could keep animations for the echo route, but simply "shrink" down Sonic's limbs vertically to match Tails's? Would that work okay with the animations or would further tweaking be needed? Not to mention you'd have to animate his tails, and I don't know if that would require special animating of them for each of his moves or something or if it could be more "automated" and only animated specifically in a few cases. But in case that's all well and good, I've a few ideas as to making Tails as a semiclone if not an echo on a sorta similar level of uniqueness to Ken. Tails could just be imitating his idol as suggested by BrawlFan in his moveset for him.

In addition to the usual echo animation differences like idle and taunts, he'd be slower than Sonic, have a unique running animation with his tails twirling behind him and of course have an extra jump or two he performs with his tails, maybe not having the Peach float ability as that doesn't exactly fit his flying ability in the games.

Different:
Jab - Punch, Punch, Flail from Fighters (to kinda match Sonic's jab?)
Dash Attack - Flies forward with a headbutt from Fighters (?)
Forward Areal - Swipes with his tails kinda like in Battle
Up Areal - Spins tails above him in a classic way rather than scissoring his legs like Sonic does
Back Areal - Spins tails behind him, goes forward a bit like in SSF2
Up Throw - Picks them up, flies and drops them down like in Fighters
Up Special - Classic flight ability that works like K. Rool's helicopter, hitting opponents with it and then falling from grace after some time
Side Special - Assuming Sonic's side special is more like his spin dash from the 3D games and thus unfaithful for Tails to have, Tails could have his cannon from Battle as kinda referenced in his Mii costume
Final Smash - The Tornado. It wouldn't make sense for him to be Super Tails when that requires both the 14 Emeralds of Sonic 3 whilst Sonic only gets the 7 Emeralds to be Super Sonic in his FS...

Similar:
Up Tilt - Twirls his tails above him kinda like Sonic's up tilt with his legs
Down Tilt - Either the existing swipe kick or him swiping with his tails instead
Down Smash - Spins tails around him instead of splitting his legs like Sonic does
Pummel - Knees the opponent or hits them with his tail

Same:
Side Tilt - Same horsekick Sonic does as he also did it in Fighters
Up Smash - Same upward spin dash Sonic does
Side Smash - Same windup punch Sonic does as he also did it in Fighters
Areal - Same spin dash in mid-air
Down Areal - Same stomping to the ground vaguely resembling his air stomp from Fighters
Down Throw - Same spin dashing on them
Forward Throw - Same jump kicking them forward vaguely resembling his jump kicking from Fighters?
Back Throw - Same roll and throw them backward
Special - Homing attack from Heroes (I mean, if Knuckles is strangely given it for his AT, it'd be kinda odd if Tails wasn't also strangely given it as a fighter!)
Down Special - Classic Spin Dash

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
On the one hand, it kinda sucks that Sonic, the big ol' rival to Mario, only ever got one character in Smash Bros whilst Street Fighter and freaking newbie Castlevania got echo fighters, with Ken even creating the precedent that semi-clone level echos for 3rd parties (or at least as defined so by SmashWiki) can totally be a thing.

...But on the other it's still really funny that despite having everything going for him, ol' Ow the Edgehog still didn't get in as a Sonic echo. It kinda wouldn't sit right with me for him to get potentially the only other Sonic slot of a character kinda similar to Sonic instead.
Mentioned this a few times earlier in the thread I think but we know that Sakurai is particularly a fan of both Street Fighter and Castlevania based on information that I believe can be found on Source Gaming even prior to the reveals of Ryu and Simon/Richter. And it's probably fair to say that while he doesn't dislike the Sonic franchise or anything he probably isn't as personally attached, as otherwise he probably would have added more to Sonic this time around. Everyone has the franchises they prefer, and I think we should for sure respect Sakurai's choices to beef up his longtime favorite franchise represenation even if that comes inconvenient to us when he's not as big into Sonic as we are. Though we don't know if Sega themselves have had any say on more Sonic characters either.

And yeah, on Shadow. I didn't want to say this too soon after the November 1st in fear of perhaps getting some ire from Shadow fans when they were at their lowest point. But it felt like if there couldn't be a more classical character alongside that even people who stopped generally paying attention to Sonic after Sonic 3 would remember it'd be odd to have a rather divisive character both within and outside of the Sonic fanbase even if he is a popular request and how easy it'd be to fit him in as an echo (Albeit Shadow's own fanbase is split whether they'd be happy with an echo). Keep in mind I'm not even a classic-only Sonic fan, by all means I should be a Shadow fan myself given it was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the gamecube that introduced me to Sonic and hooked me to the series. But somehow I found myself gravitated more to Tails (Though perhaps getting Sonic Mega Collection at around the same time maybe helping with that).

It's why back before we knew the base game and how DLC was going to work, that I suggested Sonic won't get any new characters in base game because they may be setting up character packs that contains a DLC character and a bonus echo from the same franchise. And Tails with Shadow would have been perfect, as even if there was the Smash Bros. fans that aren't fond of Sonic getting more characters could just choose not to buy the pack. Both the November 1st direct and Joker's reveal stamped any remaining possibility of even a single additional Sonic character and character packs that contain a character and an echo. But at the time of speculation, a new character + echo still seemed plausible as a possibility. Especially with how Mii costume upgrades (K. Rool, Chrom, Isabelle, etc.) seemed to be gaining ground and Shadow's assist trophy wasn't revealed yet at the time.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
In addition to the usual echo animation differences like idle and taunts, he'd be slower than Sonic, have a unique running animation with his tails twirling behind him and of course have an extra jump or two he performs with his tails, maybe not having the Peach float ability as that doesn't exactly fit his flying ability in the games.

Different:
Jab - Punch, Punch, Flail from Fighters (to kinda match Sonic's jab?)
Dash Attack - Flies forward with a headbutt from Fighters (?)
Forward Areal - Swipes with his tails kinda like in Battle
Up Areal - Spins tails above him in a classic way rather than scissoring his legs like Sonic does
Back Areal - Spins tails behind him, goes forward a bit like in SSF2
Up Throw - Picks them up, flies and drops them down like in Fighters
Up Special - Classic flight ability that works like K. Rool's helicopter, hitting opponents with it and then falling from grace after some time
Side Special - Assuming Sonic's side special is more like his spin dash from the 3D games and thus unfaithful for Tails to have, Tails could have his cannon from Battle as kinda referenced in his Mii costume
Final Smash - The Tornado. It wouldn't make sense for him to be Super Tails when that requires both the 14 Emeralds of Sonic 3 whilst Sonic only gets the 7 Emeralds to be Super Sonic in his FS...

Similar:
Up Tilt - Twirls his tails above him kinda like Sonic's up tilt with his legs
Down Tilt - Either the existing swipe kick or him swiping with his tails instead
Down Smash - Spins tails around him instead of splitting his legs like Sonic does
Pummel - Knees the opponent or hits them with his tail

Same:
Side Tilt - Same horsekick Sonic does as he also did it in Fighters
Up Smash - Same upward spin dash Sonic does
Side Smash - Same windup punch Sonic does as he also did it in Fighters
Areal - Same spin dash in mid-air
Down Areal - Same stomping to the ground vaguely resembling his air stomp from Fighters
Down Throw - Same spin dashing on them
Forward Throw - Same jump kicking them forward vaguely resembling his jump kicking from Fighters?
Back Throw - Same roll and throw them backward
Special - Homing attack from Heroes (I mean, if Knuckles is strangely given it for his AT, it'd be kinda odd if Tails wasn't also strangely given it as a fighter!)
Down Special - Classic Spin Dash
I've already mentioned that Tails can't be an Echo due to his proportions. But he can still be a pseudo-clone or a semi-clone of Sonic. And I think he should still share the same Neutral Special, Side Special, Down Special, and Final Smash. And I think Super Tails would be a good final smash for Tails due to what-if scenarios.

I have to say that letting another less iconic 3rd party franchise get a non-1st rep without a 2nd sonic rep is a bad idea in my opinion. It doesn't matter who gets in first, but I think we should only have a non-1st less iconic franchise rep, if we at least have a 2nd Sonic rep. What would be worse would be Kai (Kai the Hedgefox (an obscure RPG)), Sue (Kai the Hedgefox) as an Echo of Kai, Stephen (Kai the Hedgefox) and Marico (Kai the Hedgefox) all get in before Tails, Shadow, and/or Knuckles.

Mentioned this a few times earlier in the thread I think but we know that Sakurai is particularly a fan of both Street Fighter and Castlevania based on information that I believe can be found on Source Gaming even prior to the reveals of Ryu and Simon/Richter. And it's probably fair to say that while he doesn't dislike the Sonic franchise or anything he probably isn't as personally attached, as otherwise he probably would have added more to Sonic this time around. Everyone has the franchises they prefer, and I think we should for sure respect Sakurai's choices to beef up his longtime favorite franchise represenation even if that comes inconvenient to us when he's not as big into Sonic as we are. Though we don't know if Sega themselves have had any say on more Sonic characters either.
I have to say that if Sakurai decides to add non-1st reps for less iconic franchises because he likes those franchises more, but still hasn't added a 2nd Sonic rep, I take that as an excuse.

And also, that's why I would petition nintendo to be forced to add Tails as an additional DLC fighter that's not part of the fighters pass.

Last edited:

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
i dont think force is the right word
This

On top of that, it's unknown whether we will get DLC fighters after the Fighters Pass to begin with.
Like, I Tails is my second most wanted character, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't get in.
I still think the amount of Sonic content in Smash is oddly small, considering this is Nintendo's old rival.

MainJPW

M.T.A

I see Tails as being a Luigi to Sonic's Mario in a gameplay sense, so while there's a few moves they'd share (Spin Charge, nair, and maybe a few others) he would mostly pull from the two Sonic fighting games + Dummy Ring Bombs for SB, Tail Spin Down Smash, and of course, his flight for an UB, but I have a bizarre idea for a Neutral Special: Bomb Throw, inspired by Tails Adventure.
I'd honestly go with his Energy Ball arm cannon from Battle for this SB since you already have bomb attacks for his neutral. You could even reuse assets from other fighters for that one.

Tails would throw four types of Bombs, in a cycle: the normal bombs, which are the jack of all trades of the bunch; the Napalm Bomb, which blows up and creates vertical cylinders as the flames move; the Remote Bomb, which doesn't explode until he does his neutral special again, and last but not least the Large Bomb, which has more power and a bigger explosion than anything else at the cost of having a longer timer and startup.
Having his moveset filled with Tails Adventure content would pretty much be a love letter to the character. I like the idea of having his bombs in there.

His FS, I think should be him summoning the Tornado 3 and using the Power Laser Ability on stage, as opposed to a cutscene attack Tornado or Super Tails transformation.
I was thinking a cutscene using the Tornado-1 from the more recent titles but your idea is better tbh.

For statistics, he should be lighter than Sonic, I think he should also be slower than Sonic but still around top 5 for speed, and he would be faster than Sonic in the air but not quite the best.
Makes sense.

Torn between Chemical Plant, Poloy Forest, or Prison Island for a stage, but let's just say there'd be a bunch of Tails themed music tracks. Versions of Believe in Myself, Sweet Dreams, literally all of his associated SA2 stages (Prison Lane, Mission Street, the SA2 Kart theme, Hidden Base, and Eternal Engine, maybe the non-Sonic/Shadow Hero/Dark boss theme too), Poloy Forest, and maybe just some extra songs from places you could associate with him.
Poyloy Forest would probably be seen as a bit too obscure, maybe go with Chemical Plant.

And also, that's why I would petition nintendo to be forced to add Tails as an additional DLC fighter that's not part of the fighters pass.
Please give it a rest already.

Last edited:

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
If we get Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Eggman as playable characters in Smash 6. It could lead to having more Megaman, Pacman, Street Fighter, Castlevania etc. reps

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If we get Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and Eggman as playable characters in Smash 6. It could lead to having more Megaman, Pacman, Street Fighter, Castlevania etc. reps
you mean the same way ken and ricther lead to shadow being an echo this time around

wait

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, I think Richter, and later Ken opened the door to non-1st 3rd party reps.
do you mean more than just one character per third party franchise?

cause the way youve worded it you think theyve opened the door who are neither first or third party

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes I meant that it opened the floodgates for 3rd parties to have multiple reps.
It kind of did, yeah. Though at the same time it's only echoes so far. Granted I do think when the day comes when Smash does allow non-echoes for 3rd parties in already represented franchises then Tails stands one of the best chances. The problem of course is that hasn't come to pass.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
It kind of did, yeah. Though at the same time it's only echoes so far. Granted I do think when the day comes when Smash does allow non-echoes for 3rd parties in already represented franchises then Tails stands one of the best chances. The problem of course is that hasn't come to pass.
Alucard was originally going to be playable as a 2nd Castlevania rep before being replaced by Richter, and he wasn't even a clone. So I don't think non-primary 3rd party reps need to be echoes.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Sonic has a large enough supporting cast of popular characters that a second non-echo character would be justified, considering how big that franchise is and how closely connected it is to Nintendo lately.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Sonic has a large enough supporting cast of popular characters that a second non-echo character would be justified, considering how big that franchise is and how closely connected it is to Nintendo lately.
I know that too! In fact, the Sonic franchise is currently the most iconic 3rd party franchise in Smash as of now. Which is why I think it deserves to have the most playable characters. And I think Tails, and Shadow would make excellent additions. Tails would be a pseudo-clone of Sonic along with Knuckles. Whereas Shadow would be an echo.

One thing I've noticed about Shadow, is that his model/sprite for his assist trophy, could be an edit of Sonic's model/sprite.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Alucard was originally going to be playable as a 2nd Castlevania rep before being replaced by Richter, and he wasn't even a clone. So I don't think non-primary 3rd party reps need to be echoes.
actually he was their first choice before either belmont

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Too bad really. I'd much rather have additional Sonic characters before either of the other SEGA characters we got
Same here. Joker and Bayonetta ain't my cup of tea and I would honestly prefer another Sonic character over them.

I know that too! In fact, the Sonic franchise is currently the most iconic 3rd party franchise in Smash as of now. Which is why I think it deserves to have the most playable characters. And I think Tails, and Shadow would make excellent additions. Tails would be a pseudo-clone of Sonic along with Knuckles. Whereas Shadow would be an echo.

One thing I've noticed about Shadow, is that his model/sprite for his assist trophy, could be an edit of Sonic's model/sprite.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Metal Sonic make more sense as a Sonic Echo than Shadow would?

actually he was their first choice before either belmont
In fact, Sakurai said he was even more popular than them.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Same here. Joker and Bayonetta ain't my cup of tea and I would honestly prefer another Sonic character over them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Metal Sonic make more sense as a Sonic Echo than Shadow would?

In fact, Sakurai said he was even more popular than them.
i think its subjective whod work better as a clone, shadow has played exactly like sonic in some games cant remember if metal did

yep but in the end he thought the belmonts were more reconcilable

MainJPW

M.T.A
No. Metal Sonic usually functions quite differently what with his Plasma Pulse Attack, Copy ability and V. Maximum Overdrive Attack.

He uses those abilities in a bunch of his appearances, Shadow more often than not is just a direct clone of Sonic.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No. Metal Sonic usually functions quite differently what with his Plasma Pulse Attack, Copy ability and V. Maximum Overdrive Attack.

He uses those abilities in a bunch of his appearances, Shadow more often than not is just a direct clone of Sonic.
Dark Samus in her games and her Assist in Smash 4 could do some crazy stuff and she's a Echo now. I think they could make Metal Sonic a Echo of Sonic if they wanted too.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Dark Samus in her games and her Assist in Smash 4 could do some crazy stuff and she's a Echo now. I think they could make Metal Sonic a Echo of Sonic if they wanted too.
Sure they could, I'm just telling you he would make less sense as an echo since that's what your question was about, not if he could or couldn't be.

Top Bottom