• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I still main metaknight thread!

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
We may have been banned here in America. We may be hated and loathed, but in the end....

WE STILL MAIN METAKNIGHT

Personally I DON'T GIVE A **** about the ban, mks my main and I am going to work as hard as I can to be the best metaknight I can! I've noticed the metaknight boards are fairly dead.

POST IF YOU'RE STILL ALIVE!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I was about to main mk...before all that ban talk started coming up. And then it happened...if he's unbanned i'll be joining the dark army though! :)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You should switch to marth :troll:

In all honesty though...

I could easily see you as a diddy.
why? XD

i have most of his techskill down already anyway, and from playing adhd for so long i do feel that i understand the character well.

he also has no bad MUs which i like, it's a pain when characters like falco that I like need a secondary.

Characters I like:
Marth
Diddy
Fox
Wario

Characters I'm really good with but honestly don't enjoy anymore:
Falco
ICs (if i practice techskill)

Characters I would just consider anyway:
Olimar
Snake

was really considering going for wario/fox.

Falco and ICs are probably my best characters after MK but like. They aren't fun anymore, they suck at approaching and they don't have anything satisfying. ICs always end up going to time, and they are extremely stressful to play... they also take up way to much of my personal time.

marth doesn't actually help in a mk legal tournament so there's no point.

fox/diddy let me have FD as a CP.

wario ***** in teams and is generally just extremely fun

Zwei Striker

Smash Apprentice
I'm still maining meta, but because the ban didn't apply here in México (: so yeah, meta all the way, babe :B

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
why? XD

i have most of his techskill down already anyway, and from playing adhd for so long i do feel that i understand the character well.

he also has no bad MUs which i like, it's a pain when characters like falco that I like need a secondary.

Characters I like:
Marth
Diddy
Fox
Wario

Characters I'm really good with but honestly don't enjoy anymore:
Falco
ICs (if i practice techskill)

Characters I would just consider anyway:
Olimar
Snake

was really considering going for wario/fox.

Falco and ICs are probably my best characters after MK but like. They aren't fun anymore, they suck at approaching and they don't have anything satisfying. ICs always end up going to time, and they are extremely stressful to play... they also take up way to much of my personal time.

marth doesn't actually help in a mk legal tournament so there's no point.

fox/diddy let me have FD as a CP.

wario ***** in teams and is generally just extremely fun
Hmmm interesting. With that info...i agree fox/wario (main/secondary or other way around)would be godlike. You'd have sooo many counterpick options. Halberd, FD, rainbow, brinstar. Fox would cover fd so you don't have to ban it.Also, Wario covers fox's bad mu rather well and even covers oli cuz oli/fox is annoying albeit even-ish. While wario oli is much less stressful. But grab release is mad homo. But depends on how much you really dislike having that unknown game 1 possibility as fox/wario. (IC, pika for fox and dedede for wario)

Diddy would be good for you imo cuz you put quite a bit of time thinking about this game. And diddy does well against marth :troll: And i honestly believe you could come up with good ideas for abusing his natural traits. However, he isn't THAT good at being proactive if the opponent is very patient. Which is why i think fox/wario could be better. "DAS RIGHT SON. KEEP CAMPING. I GOT DAT FART BUILDING" and we all know you can't really camp a good fox :p

After getting to watch you at apex however...

You with wario could potentially be very dumb :p

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Hmmm interesting. With that info...i agree fox/wario (main/secondary or other way around)would be godlike. You'd have sooo many counterpick options. Halberd, FD, rainbow, brinstar.
didnt even think of the cp options LOL just mus. After living in EU and not cping rc/brins anymore anyway i just kinda think about game 1 more xD.

Fox would cover fd so you don't have to ban it.Also, Wario covers fox's bad mu rather well and even covers oli cuz oli/fox is annoying albeit even-ish. While wario oli is much less stressful. But grab release is mad homo. But depends on how much you really dislike having that unknown game 1 possibility as fox/wario. (IC, pika for fox and dedede for wario)
Pretty much. although i could see myself getting cped to FD and going fox and getting gayed by pika/ics. Falco actually can still be annoying as **** for those characters there. I don't mind getting grab released usually unless it's an infinite / reset or DDD.

also for game 1 id probably end up going wario if i was afraid because to be honest, DDD vs wario on like a normal stage isnt bad enough that i would lose to DDDs outside of my skill level.
And diddy does well against marth :troll:
This XD
and i'm not the biggest fan of wario vs marth either... would do it over falco though. Fox isn't bad vs marth for me if i can avoid the grab, usmash fear stops the gimmicks and obvious walling atleast.

And i honestly believe you could come up with good ideas for abusing his natural traits. However, he isn't THAT good at being proactive if the opponent is very patient. Which is why i think fox/wario could be better. "DAS RIGHT SON. KEEP CAMPING. I GOT DAT FART BUILDING" and we all know you can't really camp a good fox :p

After getting to watch you at apex however...

You with wario could potentially be very dumb :p
yeah diddy is more of a autopilot wall machine than a approach based character... he has plenty of ways that arent utilized to apply pressure, but he's not a character i can see anyone directly fighting with.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
didnt even think of the cp options LOL just mus. After living in EU and not cping rc/brins anymore anyway i just kinda think about game 1 more xD.
Lol does eu even have those legal? Either way you still get a nice breadth of cp options. Character and stage wise.

Pretty much. although i could see myself getting cped to FD and going fox and getting gayed by pika/ics. Falco actually can still be annoying as **** for those characters there. I don't mind getting grab released usually unless it's an infinite / reset or DDD.
Ya i don't either. Some people it's just really frustrating to though lol. Ya falco can certainly hold his own. But tbh if they go ic/pika your pretty much screwed anyways. They are very easy mu especially on fd. At least on bf fox could stand a chance against pika.

also for game 1 id probably end up going wario if i was afraid because to be honest, DDD vs wario on like a normal stage isnt bad enough that i would lose to DDDs outside of my skill level.
Ya and honestly, most of the time you know who someone uses b4 the match(i know i've never had a problem figuring it out at least). That and wario would def. be the better game 1 choice imo. At least, if you don't know who they will use. And then that leaves a free halberd cp as fox :awesome: Killing at 60 all dayyyyy :p

This XD
and i'm not the biggest fan of wario vs marth either... would do it over falco though. Fox isn't bad vs marth for me if i can avoid the grab, usmash fear stops the gimmicks and obvious walling atleast.
LOL wario vs ramin/leon is begging for it...

You only have to wait till like 10%...so the grab isn't even that devastating if you just camp for the first 10% lol. Foxes upsmash is fun cuz once people are at 90 they start to play so different and i love taking advantage of that.

yeah diddy is more of a autopilot wall machine than a approach based character... he has plenty of ways that arent utilized to apply pressure, but he's not a character i can see anyone directly fighting with.
Ya i agree. Some aggressive diddy's have seen success. But honestly it'd be a disservice to yourself to try to do aggressive diddy in the long run imo.

Why put yourself in a position to be read when the tent is so strong with diddy ya know? It's one thing that kinda turned me away from him. That and i just don't like my best weapon being able to be stolen from me. Something very few people do well...but against those who do can be kinda...er can't think of the right word. But you get what i mean i'm sure.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I still main MK in that the ban is the final nail in the coffin ensuring that I will never come back, I had already semi retired but coming back for a tournament here or there wouldn't have been an issue. I'm not in a place where I want to dump all of my time into brawl anymore so picking up a new character doesn't interest me. I can't say for sure if the ban was warranted or not but I wish it had been done earlier if it was going to happen anyway, as it is it puts a very negative cloud over my memories of brawl where maybe it would have been different if it happened in 2009.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Lol does eu even have those legal? Either way you still get a nice breadth of cp options. Character and stage wise.
nope, thankfully banned. no more hoping i win game one so i autowin sets LOL

Ya i don't either. Some people it's just really frustrating to though lol. Ya falco can certainly hold his own. But tbh if they go ic/pika your pretty much screwed anyways. They are very easy mu especially on fd. At least on bf fox could stand a chance against pika.
maybe because i have a lot of experience with falco but at least vs pika/ics if i play gay enough i definitely won't lose to mediocre players, especially on bf/sv. it's just way to close to comfort :|

why risk it lol...

Ya and honestly, most of the time you know who someone uses b4 the match(i know i've never had a problem figuring it out at least). That and wario would def. be the better game 1 choice imo. At least, if you don't know who they will use. And then that leaves a free halberd cp as fox :awesome: Killing at 60 all dayyyyy :p
while this is true i dont think just cping whoever someone uses will work in the long run...
in the end you need a solid character that can handle everything otherwise you will run into brick walls.

ex: if i ran into someone that mained lets say pika and DDD (unlikely but just reference). id be forced to blind pick game 1 and then probably lose game 3 because no matter who i pick i'm getting hard CPed.

LOL wario vs ramin/leon is begging for it...
honestly i don't even think ramin enjoys the mu that much. he hates clap, and i'm really good at getting fart reads but.. . idk one grab or fair in the wrong position is sooo gay. then if he starts losing getting past marths wall is pretty hard unless you want to take large risks and probably just get pivot grabbed.

You only have to wait till like 10%...so the grab isn't even that devastating if you just camp for the first 10% lol. Foxes upsmash is fun cuz once people are at 90 they start to play so different and i love taking advantage of that.
true XD
honestly fox is like an incomplete character though he's so linear sometimes. if he had like. some sort of poke or something homie would probably be top tier. sadly atm his best followup half the time is to just walk forward and shield and look for grabs or just like run away and shoot more lasers which is kinda sad...

Ya i agree. Some aggressive diddy's have seen success. But honestly it'd be a disservice to yourself to try to do aggressive diddy in the long run imo.
like the only one i've seen is gnes, and while sometimes he gets on fire and does AMAZING things, he's also like not as consistent as ADHD overall as a player imo. Wyatt really just embodies the optimal diddy kong style it's so obnoxious.

both me and adhd/luigiplayer literally go to timer quite often in friendlies because they refuse to approach regardless of their lead. i swear it's like ill have 2 stocks and they have one and there's 2 minutes left and they just go.... whelp fine gonna keep shooting nuts at you XD

Why put yourself in a position to be read when the tent is so strong with diddy ya know? It's one thing that kinda turned me away from him. That and i just don't like my best weapon being able to be stolen from me. Something very few people do well...but against those who do can be kinda...er can't think of the right word. But you get what i mean i'm sure.
yeah it makes things become unfun. but all in all that's kinda brawl is a very stressful game so i really try to stick with characters i enjoy.

it's why i never want to return to ICs competitively although for some reason everyone and their mom likes the way i play ice climbers so i end up having to give mu practice to people quite often anyways lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya bro i feel you on all that. It's pretty much the reason if mk becomes the national standard again i just plan on maining mk. Pit in a mk legal environment is overall just too stressful.. Unless something changes in my opinion. I wouldn't do it if it wasn't for the fact that i actually enjoy using mk though. For w/e reason i always have fun playing him whether i'm going aggro or 2safe.

As for your character problem...

Wario as a main would be great. But you would have to have a SOLID character as a secondary or second main. Game 1 wario can handle anyone rather well unless you're getting severely outplayed. But for his bad mu it's good to have a character to be able to switch to cuz they are also more likely to catch onto your particular player traits the longer u stay wario in a bad mu. Wario has much less room for adaptation in his bad mu imo. If you actually do have fun with wario man i say go for it. He's a rewarding character to use.

Wish you luck on figuring it out bro~

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Kuro please don't lol, your Wario and even Pit are better.

Pull a Japan and try to overcome the obstacle rather than contributing to it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kuro please don't lol, your Wario and even Pit are better.

Pull a Japan and try to overcome the obstacle rather than contributing to it.
I appreciate the sentiment, however, all my choices are very well thought out and none of them are whim. I do what i feel is best for me as a player. If i'm not enjoying the game cuz of a very popular mu why would i subject myself to that when that dulls the learning process and takes away one of the largest reasons i play brawl.

Also, my wario is garbz lol. He's only really good in doubles cuz people get **** on so easy in dubz when you play wario right :laugh:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Still maining Meta Knight at the moment. There are a bunch of Meta Knight legal tournaments that I'm going to attend. So there's no point in switching to Ice Climbers... for now.

Kel

Smash Master
I haven't actually practiced with MK since October 2010 (MLG DC). I've been experimenting with other characters since then trying to get a jump on the ban.

In a way, I still main MK because I will use him when I'm allowed to. But in a way I haven't mained him in over a year because of what was inevitable.

I still think we should just prove everyone wrong by becoming as good/ better with our new characters as our MKs were.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
You can't be the best with metaknight even if you wanted to.
You will always know that who planks and spams, wins, tubad.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I still think we should just prove everyone wrong by becoming as good/ better with our new characters as our MKs were.
even assuming that MK wasn't the best character this would be kind of unreasonable, you don't just replace 3 years of experience instantly. I don't have this problem so much because I always sided snake(aside from one fluke win I have more tourney success with snake than with MK...) but I think for someone who soloed MK the entire time it's going to be rough trying to catch up with someone else

I also can't see the ban as "inevitable" when only part of the US is doing it, japan and europe aren't banning MK and not everyone in the US is going along with unity. money talks, people should just stop going to unity tournaments(really we should have been doing this all along, something is up when someone hijacks the power structure of the community in such a sneaky way and then immediately makes pictochat a legal stage...)

Kel

Smash Master
How big are the scenes in Europe, Japan, and South America?

Also good players will be able to transfer skills to a new character. Most top MK mains came from another character they were good with anyway.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
How big are the scenes in Europe, Japan, and South America?

Also good players will be able to transfer skills to a new character. Most top MK mains came from another character they were good with anyway.
Over here in South America most countries DO NOT have a Smash community (And if they do, they must be EXTREMELY Small, like in, they don't have website/or videos from them). As far as I know, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil and Chile are the biggest Smash scenes. Colombia being the biggest scene, then Chile in second place, and Argentina/Brazil occuping the 3rd/4th place.

Colombia has 2 Nationals per year, and also regular local tourneys in various cities of the country.

Chile has atleast 3 tournaments per month, and 1 national per year (Not always, but atleast one every 2 years).

Argentina has 1-2 tournaments every 1-3 months. And they had a "National" (Or well, a big regional) last year.

I don't know too much about the Brazilian Smash scene. I only know that they have organized/had nationals in the past, and they have regular (Not soo sure if regulrar, but atleast a couple every one or two months) Local tournaments here and there.

----------

I think that everyone can be good with any character. However, it's much more than "Just hard", It requires dedication, time and effort. Which are things people in general do not like to do twice. I also think that not only "good players" can do it, everyone can do it, it's just that good players have to put less time, because they're already good. This means that "lesser skilled" players will have to put a lot of time to be good again, much more than the pros, which is why many want to quit after the MK ban. IMO.
---

Atleast in my case, I was a top 3 national player in 2009 with Ice Climbers (I dropped CG's like crazy though, haha). I always seconded MK, but he then got to "Main status" starting in early 2011. So yeah, if I managed to be succesfull with another character that it's not MK, then anyone can do it! I used to be really, really bad at Brawl, especially because I have a "Meleer heart", but after I putted in A LOT OF TIME, dedication, pacience and of course, some love here and there, it's how I got good in general.

It's just a matter of who truly wants to be good/who really wants to achieve his/her goals and dreams, and is ready to be dedicated about it. That's the thing, IMO. Also, this goes with everything in life, not only Smash.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I'm still maining MK because since I've been in Brawl tournaments (like 2 years ago) I mained him and never ever used any other character in tourneys. I have a lot of fun playing Meta Knight and I don't enjoy so much any other character. Fortunately in Argentina the ban doesn't apply :p

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
The ban only applies for regions which support the Unity Ruleset. Only some regions in the US use Unity. It's not a worldwide thing, lol.

Top Bottom