• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I still main metaknight thread!

etecoon

Smash Hero
It does make us look pretty terrible, as if getting bodied by Japan at Apex wasn't enough lol

People have no pride though, they don't care about things like that as long as they have one less disadvantaged MU

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
The UK doesn't have metaknight banned but ironically, very few players actually main him. I think he's legal for most if not all European countries anyway

NNID
Budget_Player
You can't be the best with metaknight even if you wanted to.
You will always know that who planks and spams, wins, tubad.
You're a gigantic ****.

I still main MK in that the ban is the final nail in the coffin ensuring that I will never come back, I had already semi retired but coming back for a tournament here or there wouldn't have been an issue. I'm not in a place where I want to dump all of my time into brawl anymore so picking up a new character doesn't interest me. I can't say for sure if the ban was warranted or not but I wish it had been done earlier if it was going to happen anyway, as it is it puts a very negative cloud over my memories of brawl where maybe it would have been different if it happened in 2009.
You're a gigantic pile of awesome.

The UK doesn't have metaknight banned but ironically, very few players actually main him. I think he's legal for most if not all European countries anyway
Ironically? That's probably the reason he's not banned. We just don't have an MK problem.

I'm going to main MK, and I'm just not going to go to American MK-banned tournaments.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
BCP is right. MK is an American problem in the community.
Even at that, it's in only a few regions. East Coast really. Texas doesn't have a problem with MK and even though West Coast has a bunch, he's really not much of an issue. I don't think he's an issue in Florida either.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm on the EC and my region has six ranked snakes

this is why I don't go to tournaments anymore
not really

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Even at that, it's in only a few regions. East Coast really. Texas doesn't have a problem with MK and even though West Coast has a bunch, he's really not much of an issue. I don't think he's an issue in Florida either.
While I agree with this, TOs from many regions who consulted w/ their peers and smash lab members (dunno what they actually do) ended up banning him because MK was perceived as a problem.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Smash is just a game to me. The fact that there's an active forum and a bunch of rad people who play the game in my region is what's kept me around.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

Chile has atleast 3 tournaments per month, and 1 national per year (Not always, but atleast one every 2 years).

Argentina has 1-2 tournaments every 1-3 months. And they had a "National" (Or well, a big regional) last year.

I don't know too much about the Brazilian Smash scene. I only know that they have organized/had nationals in the past, and they have regular (Not soo sure if regulrar, but atleast a couple every one or two months) Local tournaments here and there.

thats so active in comparison to here XD

/jealouus

How big are the scenes in Europe, Japan, and South America?

Also good players will be able to transfer skills to a new character. Most top MK mains came from another character they were good with anyway.
at least for netherlands right now we have a playerbase, but nobody hosts so im not really sure. I know many players are kinda half playing or just not interested in practicing anymore.

even im kinda like. done with it. ive touched brawl for serious practice... twice since apex. (horrible for me im usually one of those i gotta play all the time people). Theres a melee scene that's active though and i kinda realize that a lot of my problems in brawl could be fixed by getting better at melee so it's really what im going to work on atm.

NNID
Budget_Player
@Orion: Come to Abensberger Smash Spektakulär, you *** muncher

I'm actually considering dropping MK. Not because I think he's unfair, but because the friends of mine which I kinda rely on to get to tournaments are frustrated nearly to the point of quitting by my playstyle. :(

Orion*

Smash Researcher
is it near munich?
/ill go if not to expensive

you can still play mk at tournaments just practice diff. chars w/ them. itll do you good to not suck w/ a character other than mk, work on that snake or something for a few months

NNID
Budget_Player
is it near munich?
/ill go if not to expensive
Relatively close... It's in Abensberg, the first weekend in May (4th to 6th). If you get to Mainburg (which is like a half-hour train ride then an hour-long bus ride from Munich Hauptbahnhof, and pretty much just the bus ride from the Airport), then you can probably hitch a ride with me from there to Abensberg. I could probably convince my mom to put you up on Thursday night if that'd help.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
yeah the problem w/ going thursday is missing class so i really try to only do that if like... its a large event. id rather play smash than sit through music education on friday morning but like, have to have my priorities straight. Also, i have no plans on going to munich alone LMAO, way to boring to do that by myself. I'll look into it and see if any dutchies wanna go

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Relatively close... It's in Abensberg, the first weekend in May (4th to 6th). If you get to Mainburg (which is like a half-hour train ride then an hour-long bus ride from Munich Hauptbahnhof, and pretty much just the bus ride from the Airport), then you can probably hitch a ride with me from there to Abensberg. I could probably convince my mom to put you up on Thursday night if that'd help.
Ooo, what kind of playstyle do you have? I'll add it to my Pit if it's good enough, lol.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I agree with you that Meta Knight should definitely not be banned. Players should be able to use any character they want, even if they are totally OP.

Player 3.0

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheWinner159
I agree with you that Meta Knight should definitely not be banned. Players should be able to use any character they want, even if they are totally OP.
inb4 all the top tiers get buffs in smash 4. (luigi went from top tier to top tear)

Top Bottom