• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

i need Fl's help.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
yo guys, do you think i should keep training my falco to use as my secondary in tourney, or should i just forget about all other characters and work solely on my sheik?...peace

edit: i post here cuz i need the support of my fellow floridians. i need to be pro fast.
edit: my 3333 post, you know what that means..................................................um, well, it means nothing i guess.

-hiro

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Hiroshi, your Falco is ****. Don't drop him! Just keep playing both, and if you need to get pro fast, then come stay @ UCF and play 24/7 like me and Q.

Edit: And you're already pretty **** good.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i dunno man... i played doc for years and lil of falcon... i felt as though my falcon has always been as good as my doc and i rarely played him. skratch showed me the llight and since then i've dropped doc and have been playin falcon solely for a few months.... my power lvls are rising. i say, stay shiek... work on your worst matches, joetru has been giving me extended gay sheik practice... thats why I did so well against you at doodah 3. so i say, drop falco and play shiek more.... play diff ppl. adapt to diff styles, thats what im doing.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Play the one you're best with. If you have any matchups in which you get ***** with that character, play the other one. Or you could just play the one that's more fun.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
I say use Both.

Two characters are always better than one.

Sometimes I use Fox instead of Falco because I am bored of using Falco. So.... yeah.

Use Falco if your bored using Sheik....

Lol just kidding man. But use both characters because they carry eachother.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
i dunno man... i played doc for years and lil of falcon... i felt as though my falcon has always been as good as my doc and i rarely played him. skratch showed me the llight and since then i've dropped doc and have been playin falcon solely for a few months.... my power lvls are rising. i say, stay shiek... work on your worst matches, joetru has been giving me extended gay sheik practice... thats why I did so well against you at doodah 3. so i say, drop falco and play shiek more.... play diff ppl. adapt to diff styles, thats what im doing.
i got u dawg!! im glad our practice helped u out buddy!

i dunno if anyone has noticed but ive been also using sheik more often and now i believe she's getting almost on par with my fox, see hiroshi the way i look at it is like this: if i feel like i can do better with sheik than fox i pick her, otherwise i stay fox.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
hmmm, this really didnt help at all. half of you say play both, the other half say stick with sheik. its pretty tough. cuz i look at people like drephen who never have to change sheik and ****. but then again, i see a lot of pros with multiple good characters. usually two really good ones. my sheik is undoubtedly my best character, there have have been a whole bunch of times where i switched to falco, and ended up ******, when my sheik failed. its a toughie, cuz i can stay with sheik and try to perfect her and all the matchups. or have falco come in and help in some matchups, but then take away training time with sheik...like, i would like to play both, but i lose training experience time with sheik when i play falco.........or that Ggah....peace

-hiro

holymarth007

Smash Journeyman
Ken only needed Marth.
CJ Only needs Sheik.
Isai really only needed Falcon.
M2K really only needs Marth.

I know I'm not from FL, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in. DaShizWiz is right about having multiple characters to balance yourself out. On the other side though, if you can develop your character to it's fullest potential, then you can take out whatever bad match ups a sheik may have. It's going to take more work but in the long run she'll be your best, and there will be little people can do about it.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I think you should use both of them. Bring up your Falco against your Sheik's worst matchups, so you can balance it out.

vZakat

Half Genie
If your bad match-ups with sheik are your good match-ups with falco then use both. If your just as bad at a match-up with sheik and falco just stay with sheik. I've tried using other people but every time I choose someone other than Roy I regret it.

Renth

Smash Hero
I play ganon in tournaments.

only ganon.

unless i think you suck

then i play pichu.

pichu ftw.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Playing as other characters gives you more experience overall sometimes, so playing as Falco might add to your Sheik game.
mayb

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
What chops said.

+

rather than looking at which character to drop you should look at how you do in character specific matchups and learn how to play stages you're not comfortable with.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
yo guys, do you think i should keep training my falco to use as my secondary in tourney, or should i just forget about all other characters and work solely on my sheik?...peace

edit: i post here cuz i need the support of my fellow floridians. i need to be pro fast.
edit: my 3333 post, you know what that means..................................................um, well, it means nothing i guess.

-hiro
hiroshi one question. are you a visual learner? if not then this may explain why you cant learn whats shown to you and cant learn anything that is shown in vids. cuz I would show you something and you'll be like "thats what all foxes/space animals do" instead of trying to understand the point given to you.

this a sad fact but its true.
ALL VISUAL LEARNERS ARE AUTOMATICALLY FAST LEARNERS smashwise of course. its just facts. meaning if you see something you automatically copy the tactic that you saw and apply into your game easily. a good example is shiz colbol and speedn

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
watch your opponent only not your character and thats the key to improving
Although i agree that's only the first step or so they say. You should then move on to watching the whole screen. Being aware of where you are as well as your oponent and your surroundings. Man i haven't been on the boards in ages.

Iono brian both your shiek and your falco are really good. If you put some more mindgames into your falco he would be ****. You're preety technical with both, but as we can plainly see from hungrybox technical isn't everything.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
you sir have alot to learn about this game cuz your wrong. NEVER LOOOK AT UR CHARACTER. you can use the side of your eyes to see the sorroundings and your character
Umm read again because that's what i said. That you should be able to see your surroundings as well as focus on the opponent. if you read I believe my first sentence was "I agree with you"

Lambchops needs to learn how to read.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
ok, so i went to uuaas house yesterday to smash with him, vericz, and zoro. we recorded 51 matches. like 20 of them were of my falco. after playing and watching i came to the conclusion that my falco is a joke.my tech skill is horrendous and is holding me back so much. i cant combo and i mess up every other move. i pick sheik and i am instantly back on par with uuaa and vericz. my sheik is undoubtly more nasty than my falco. so i am just going to stay as sheik and keep training the **** out of her. thank you, that is all...peace

-hiro

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
switch between being aggresive(as in dont try to fake out your appraoches just attack without dashdancing or wavedashing back just attack immediatly with dairs only) and defensive(as in wavedash back/dash dance all your appraoch with nairs) and see how your tech skills go

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
I got my falco johns out. And apparantly People tend to play much better when they are just having fun rather than trying to win. yea just play shiek or try mindgaming with falco either way you're a good smasher.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I like how Brian told the one person making sense in this thread to shut up...once again hurting himself in it.

It's good advice...you should take it. If you keep getting punished for doing the same things, then you should switch style to punish what they are doing to punish you. Always watch your opponent...not yourself.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
I like how Brian told the one person making sense in this thread to shut up...once again hurting himself in it.

It's good advice...you should take it. If you keep getting punished for doing the same things, then you should switch style to punish what they are doing to punish you. Always watch your opponent...not yourself.
True enough. And as your sign. says just have fun with it. It's a a game. The more fun you're having the better you play. :)

Top Bottom