• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just want to make you... smile!! -- A POSITIVE Brawl Thread

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I kinda made a thread like this, but it got closed.
But dang, I only have around 5000 matches.

I also have a positive attitude towards Brawl becase even if it doesn't compare to the competitive/technical skill side of Melee, we can still play melee. People don't understand this for some reason.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome. I knew that Sakurai couldn't mess this up. I honestly think he is paying attention to the Smash community. Oh, and Sonic, but thats no big deal. ^_^ (F*CKING SONIC!!!)

Can a mod please sticky this?

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
With such obvious amounts of heart and soul being poured into Brawl, that's absolutely no way it won't be an epic game that surpasses anything we've ever played before.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
I remember first seeing Super Smash Bros. 64 as a video in a gaming kiosk at a Toys 'R Us. I barely knew any Nintendo characters back then, not being that much of a gamer, but the idea of kicking the crap out of Pikachu was just too great to pass up. I had to have it, because it looked fun. Having never played Zelda, Kirby or Metroid- it was like a world had been opened to me. Because of Smash 64 I got my first Zelda game the moment it came out; I got a Kirby game and loved it; and when Metroid Prime was first revealed for the GCN I knew I had to get it.

I came here before Melee was even released. Back then the Internet wasn't as big, but I was here. I remember this place back then. It was good times. There was speculation, ideas, and crazy thoughts. And what has come from Melee is even more speculation for Brawl. I don't remember ever seeing so many characters, ever learning about so many things of Nintendo's past and knowing about them. I know some people who are call themselves gamers like I did before I got Smash 64 and they don't know a lot of the characters in Melee.

I hope Brawl can do what Melee did and teach me about something I didn't know. That's the greatest thing, learning about something you are passionate about.

Sure, I hate the delay. I hate the fact they used Sonic to try to downplay it. I hate the fact I have to wait until next year to play this game. But when I do, I want to remember it just like I did with my first time playing Melee on Xmas morning. And to do that, it has to be far past perfect.

I've been with Nintendo since the NES, and I'll been playing until I can't play anymore. Long live smash.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Dude, that's f*cking awesome. Seriously, your birthday is Feb 10th? That's just insane! Talk about an incredible birthday present!

By the way, thanks for officially joining up in the Smash boards and posting here. =D

~Dac

*Quotes updated*
My friend's birthday is December 3rd lol.

Brawl is definately my most anticipated game so far, I don't think I've ever been so hyped for a game ever, and it's only gonna escalated as the next few months pass. Sakurai has already blown my expectations out of the water, and the game can only get better! Can't wait to see what's left in store for us in the upcoming updates, and what's still left to be discovered in game! :laugh:

Mama

Smash Ace
My friend's birthday is December 3rd lol.

Brawl is definately my most anticipated game so far, I don't think I've ever been so hyped for a game ever, and it's only gonna escalated as the next few months pass. Sakurai has already blown my expectations out of the water, and the game can only get better! Can't wait to see what's left in store for us in the upcoming updates, and what's still left to be discovered in game! :laugh:
I'm more excited for this game than I was for Zelda ...maybe thats sort of an exaggeration but its close lol.

Birthdays are weird xD. On October 12th they announced the delay. That happens to be my brothers birthday. Now Brawl comes out Feb 10. My Bday is Feb. 9th so it was off by one day lol.

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is going to be the BEST FREAKING GAME EVER MADE EVEN AFTER 9000 YEARS. Get that straight, cos the SSB series has got the best fighting mechanics as well as crossovers I've ever seen. Uber graphics+battle mechanics+everyone's favourite characters beating each other up = PURE WIN.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I don't do optimism. No expectations, no disappointments. That's my motto, that way when something turns out good it's a complete surprise.
Thats my philosophy on movies, which I suppose I can apply to everything else now, just as you.

When someone tells me a movie is really good, the best ever, I go see it expecting the best and I'm disappointed.

When someone tells me a movie suks, I go see it expecting the lowest, but it was pretty good.

That goes to exaggerated movie commercials too (how is Napoleon dynamite funny? I fell asleep half way at the Vote for Pedro campaign, which I almost never do)

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
I, myself, am a skeptic, but that doesn't mean I'm not still looking forward to Brawl. I'm one of the players who feels Nintendo's new gimmicky-nature could very well reflect very heavily in Brawl, but agian... that's not the point of this thread, clearly.

Even if my worst fears about Brawl come true, I have no doubt that Brawl will be a terrific continuation of Melee, even if with a few more flashy gimmicks, that keeps the core of Smash alive. I also hope to see a little more dignity restored to Kirby, as I've always been shocked with Sakurai's deconstruction of Kirby's main gag for Smash.

But concerns out the window, who needs them? Here's to Smash, in all its forms.

Mama

Smash Ace
Thats my philosophy on movies, which I suppose I can apply to everything else now, just as you.

When someone tells me a movie is really good, the best ever, I go see it expecting the best and I'm disappointed.

When someone tells me a movie suks, I go see it expecting the lowest, but it was pretty good.

That goes to exaggerated movie commercials too (how is Napoleon dynamite funny? I fell asleep half way at the Vote for Pedro campaign, which I almost never do)
Lol I agree with that philosophy for a lot of things. However with Brawl I've seen enough to have a positive outlook for the game. I can't think of anything that would make the game suck that hasn't already been busted. Its not slow like I feared it would be at first. The technical game will thrive and most likely improve which I can see in all the vids, and Sonic was confirmed. Everything else from this point on is bonus stuff for me.

I, myself, am a skeptic, but that doesn't mean I'm not still looking forward to Brawl. I'm one of the players who feels Nintendo's new gimmicky-nature could very well reflect very heavily in Brawl, but agian... that's not the point of this thread, clearly.

Even if my worst fears about Brawl come true, I have no doubt that Brawl will be a terrific continuation of Melee, even if with a few more flashy gimmicks, that keeps the core of Smash alive. I also hope to see a little more dignity restored to Kirby, as I've always been shocked with Sakurai's deconstruction of Kirby's main gag for Smash.

But concerns out the window, who needs them? Here's to Smash, in all its forms.
Well the good thing is Sakurai wouldn't be too heavily influenced by Nintendo as he's not with them anymore. I think the Wii remote is enough to satisfy Nintendo's thirst to have your granny playing with them online lol. I've seen enough of the game to feel it wont be slowed down for nublings.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Lol, It's not funny. I've seen it like 4 times and I only laugh once. I laughed more at Saw 3 then I did at Napoleon Dynamite.

This game is going to be a miracle in a box. A phenomenon so great that Jesus would bow to it! (Caution, do not try to make Brawl walk on water, Nintendo wont cover that)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Hey, hey, hey. There needs to be more blind optimism in this thread. >=[

I need my symbolic sugar from the over hyped people for this game who will tell me tales of how SSBB shoots rainbows and cures cancer..

Edit: Thank you guy above me. That is what I am talking about.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Hey, hey, hey. There needs to be more blind optimism in this thread. >=[

I need my symbolic sugar from the over hyped people for this game who will tell me tales of how SSBB shoots rainbows and cures cancer..

Edit: Thank you guy above me. That is what I am talking about.
Yeah no problem I aim to please. :laugh:

But seriously, isn't "blind" optimism better than constant posts of gloom and doom about how Brawl has failed them? I would much rather read a thread where people are positive (and exaggerative) about brawl, compared to Dylan's infamous thread about brawl "potentially" sucking and the whole lot of threads like that. Sure it might not be the "best game ever made"(which it will be) but if people want to spend their time reading posts of hope to make the wait go by quicker, I'm all for it.

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
Dacvak. Thank you. I for one am sick and tired of everyone shooting my hopes down about this game by their moaning and complaining. I've been wanting to say this, but everyone should really CHILLLLL OUTTT. This game will not even compare to melee.

A sticky for this thread should be in order!

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
Heres mine

Although all of my friends have been extremely mad at Nintendo for delaying brawl again but to be honest i don't care that much since its going to be the best game ever. And I want that game to be the best game it can be so when i show it my Microsoft friends i can say behold the game that owned Halo.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
This thread is just what the doctor ordered.

Seriously though due to speculation on these forums about various characters that people believe should be in brawl I've tried several games I doubt I would've normally. Since Brawl's announcement I've tried Kid Icarus, Warioware, Metroid: Zero Mission and Super, Joy Mech Fight, Mach Rider, Ice Climbers, Phoenix Wright, Drill Dozer, Earthbound, SMRPG, Chrono Trigger, as well as some others. So all I have to say is thanks brawl for causing such heated speculation to encourage me to try these truly great games.

Also on a college campus full of smash fans it was a happier place on Oct. 10.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Brawl will be the best videogame ever. Better than GTA, Halo, Tekken, or any other good game you can think of.
Not wanting to be negative but this might cause serious robberies and crimes.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It's things like today's update that are making the game release eternally out of reach.

While I don't want a game where there is nothing but single player and versus, he's going too far with the mini-games. ONLINE sandbag? seriously, wtf.

For someone whose supposed to be a hardcore smash fan, and whose employee's are hardcore smashers, you'd think he'd realize how little people actually care about the mini-games. Yea, they're fun at first, but after the 8th play, what's left? really, nothing.

I can't do anything about it, so I'm not going to rant like a *****, but I'm just saying he's going overboard with the mini-games if they're all as beefed up as the Sandbag game is.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
I need my symbolic sugar from the over hyped people for this game who will tell me tales of how SSBB shoots rainbows and cures cancer.
The Xbox 360 just plays games... the PS3 plays games and researches cures to disease.

But Brawl?

Brawl is guaranteed to bring about world peace!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
This thread is just what the doctor ordered.

Seriously though due to speculation on these forums about various characters that people believe should be in brawl I've tried several games I doubt I would've normally. Since Brawl's announcement I've tried Kid Icarus, Warioware, Metroid: Zero Mission and Super, Joy Mech Fight, Mach Rider, Ice Climbers, Phoenix Wright, Drill Dozer, Earthbound, SMRPG, Chrono Trigger, as well as some others. So all I have to say is thanks brawl for causing such heated speculation to encourage me to try these truly great games.

I love this post. That is such an awesome point, and just further goes to show the kind of love and joy Brawl has ALREADY given us!

The night Ike was announced, I played Fire Emblem for the Cube for the first time. My friend had let me borrow his game about 4 months earlier, but I could never bring myself to play it because I just wasn't that interested in it. However, as soon as I saw "Ike" and found out he was from the game I was currently borrowing, I threw that small disc into my Wii so fast and started playing the crap out of that game. And you know what? It turns out that I effing LOVE the Fire Emblem series now! Thanks Brawl!!!

And when Pit was announced oh so long ago, I played Kid Icarus for the first time. Now I consider it a classic, and I usually beat the game at least once every few weeks.

I want you guys to all watch something with me, if you will.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UvljN9ycqLg

.......(I'll wait here until you get back).........

A four-player star-studded slamfest. Guys, a FOUR-PLAYER STAR-STUDDED SLAMFEST. And that was almost a DECADE ago!!! My point is this... Do we know what Smash is?

What is Smash? Well, before we do that, we need to find out this: What is Nintendo? Nintendo is (in my personal opinion) the world's greatest video game company. They create the absolute best systems (And some bombs, as well =P) and without a doubt program the greatest games of all time. Now, back to the original question: What is Smash?

Smash is the best of Nintendo combined into ONE! Smash is EVERYTHING we love about the greatest company in the world slammed into one game! When has a thing like this been done so expansively with ANY other company! It's absolute gold! The original Smash allowed us to take Samus and beat the sh*t out of a Pokémon, which originally left me with a delicious "WTF" taste in my mouth. Now that Brawl is coming out, we're taking that 9000 steps further. I mean, Sonic!? Snake!? SNAAAAAKEEE!?!?!

You know what recent moment brought me back to fanboy heaven? When I was watching the Brawl demonstration and saw the little 2D Advance Wars characters pop out. I mean, God, that's just insane. I honestly couldn't help but smile! These are the moments I live for with Smash, because at the core, it's just an incredible game.

I f*cking love this series.

~Dac

xfootdoctor

Smash Cadet
wow fregging awesome

brawl is going to be the best game ever...this delay is really just making it more awesome
everything in this game is awesome
new characters
graphics
stages
and omg INTERNET!...
!!!! dfjkak;sfjk;asdfkjl!!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
This is one thread I would not like seeing lost to time. Even if it only did fall a day, moving past the first page is almost a death sentence for most topics, and this one is too dang important to let fall.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I've forgotten just how much awesome Brawl exudes.

In bigger forums like here and Gamefaqs, it's hard to bring up discussions without someone getting angry about what could go wrong.

But this game has so much RIGHT with it. I'm already impressed with the supermassive character roster, and furthermore I like all the detail going everywhere. Melee was rushed and yet it's the best game ever made--I know for certain that Brawl will definitely surpass it. Underneath all the Nintendo fanservice will lie a solid, awesome game.

Count on it.

headbusa

Smash Cadet
This thread should be stickyed then quoted everytime another qq wd thread is posted

GOOD THREAD THANK YOU

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
The very first Smash bros. was one of the most oddest fighting games out there and Nintendo had a small choice weather to release it to America.

That may of been the boldest choice Nintendo ever made.
Because if SSB never came to America we wouldn't have Melee and Brawl.
which are the best games ever for each system.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
i know my friends complained a lot about melee because it was "too fast" or some other dumb reason, now we still to this day play it all the time. Brawl will be fantastic. And god I remember that ssb commercial on tv hahaha that thing is hilarious.

Jammer

Smash Lord
i know my friends complained a lot about melee because it was "too fast" or some other dumb reason, now we still to this day play it all the time. Brawl will be fantastic. And god I remember that ssb commercial on tv hahaha that thing is hilarious.
They had a Melee commercial, right? Some kid in a mall sees a cube or something...or is that something else?

I can't wait for Brawl's commercial (if we get one). Here's hoping it's funny and successful.

Top Bottom