• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just want to make you... smile!! -- A POSITIVE Brawl Thread

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Hahah, its topics like this that makes the wait even harder. Great post.
(listens to Queen - Don't Stop Me Now" in the background and is pumped)

Mama

Smash Ace
Can't believe I forgot about the development team. When I read that the first time I was pleased that we'd be getting a game made by people like us, the fans.

When I saw the first trailer I really shed a tear of joy. I was so happy lol. I was upset about the delay like everyone else but eventually I got over it. There'll be games to tide us over in the mean time. If you remember Twilight Princess got delayed as well. When it finally came out we had the revamped Twilight Realm that helped give the game its marvelous feel. Not to mention the Wii version as well as a polished game.

In Melee there were things that had to be taken out due to lack of time. (Ganondorf's sword, FE stage etc). No doubt this was going to happen with Brawl being released Dec 3rd. Now the developers have time to sort through what almost didn't make the cut. Thanks to the delay we'll probably have better characters, stages, options, and even possibly gameplay modes and more. You gotta stay positive in times like this.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I am very honored to be quoted on your first post of your wonderful thread.
Its not a delay its a "Smash Bros. Perfection Program"
But, to be fair, it was Perrin Kaplan head of Nintendo of America that said it and it was Mic_128 that found the interview. (well maybe someone else also found the interview? iono)
Perrin Kaplan: What did I just say to someone downstairs… I’m not calling it a delay. I’m calling it a Smash Bros. Perfection Program.
This is the link:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=120464&highlight=Bros+Perfection+Program

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Thanks for all of your positive feedback! The quotes have been updated. (Sorry, I was in class before. =P)

~Dac

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Dacvak speaks truth, as well as quoting truth! I'm glad there are more people on this board other then myself who were not fazed by the delay, It is merely the Brawl Perfection Program. Expect to see a game in which every stage is one we want to play. Expect fair characters, where every fight will be different! Imagine Taking on familiar and new bosses alike next to your best friend as you blast your way through the Subspace Emissary! Just think of all the different modes, the game will never get old. Tired of Standard Smash? Put your reaction time to the test as you try to spot your enemy as you battle as invisibles, or make it look awesome as your physical forms are gone and you are now also flaming entities? The possibilities are endless!

Edit: Sticky this thread. Seriously.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
This is a good thread. I'd like to contribute to all of the positive reviews.

"Sakurai has made this out to be the fans game. And it's getting better and better with each day. This is going to become the Smash Fans Dream game."

pud22

Smash Apprentice
Every time they update the dojo someone somewhere feels like they won the lottery for having that feature they wanted put in the game. The way I see it, the longer they delay the game the more chances we all have of winning the lottery.
...word.

anyway i love this game...and the following its created...its honestly amazing. and now that ive been reassured that Brawl is in good hands i can relax and enjoy the wait. dreaming of the endless possibilities, glorious battles ...auugghhh*drools on self*

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
the only reason why i got a wii is cause
1. Brawl
2. Corruption
3. Twighlight Princess
4. Galaxy

u sir not only win this community but nintendo

this thread should be stickied

Zallipus

Smash Cadet
I have no doubt in my mind that Brawl will be a great game. To this day, the first trailer gives me goosebumps just thinking about it and also thinking of all the possibilities of newcomers is exciting. If they need time to do some polishing, add stuff, or whatnot, then it's alright with me. I'm just happy that we've had a lot of information on the game, which was something I really wanted when it first came out. I look forward to each weekday morning, in order to see what new information is being released for Brawl. It'll be a hard wait, but I'll find someway to keep myself busy until they perfect Brawl for all of us.

falco999

Smash Apprentice
the only reason people say negative things is because it makes the game all the better when it comes out. you don't want to start playing a game thinking its perfect. if you think of the potential flaws and then when you actually play the game you'll notice that the game was better than expected. you want games to be better than expected because if its what you expected or less you won't have such a good time playing it

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I have absolutely no doubt that Brawl will be the greatest game i've ever played (and possibly ever will play for the next 10 years) in my 17 years of living on this earth.

Down with the naysayers!

Up with the Positive threads!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
This thread should be eternally stickied with its own little happy face sticker and a comment from the teacher saying Great Job!...

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
Masahiro Sakurai is not an idiot and wouldn't let that happen.

MetaKnight might just be user friendly and besides that this is why they have demos so if someone turns out God like they can tweak it/him/her.
excuse me i never said Sakurai was an idiot... im not worried about him at all. just the workers.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Good thread, but I just check my match number, and it's "OVER 9,000!!!!" (jk...it's 4,128 I've let so many friends borrow smash, I used to play CPUs too much, and my sibblings have played it). Anyways, Sakurai is only a idiot with release date. Screwing over Europeans and Australians is unacceptable. If they get the game later then March, that'd just further show his stupid biasedness towards his little island, which gets the game 17 days before anyone else, played the demo first, etc. Sheer biasedness, and I won't stop insulting Sakurai's policy on that. If Europe and Australia get the game later then March, expect me to yell hate towards Sakurai (a lot), and Nintendo of Europe and Australia. Because MGS4's release date policies FTW FOLKS! ;)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Such an amazingly awesome Thread!! There's been so much doubt about Brawl, and how it will turn out.

Smash 64. The first of the series, got major attention right away (at least for me.) When I first played it was such an awesome game that I never stopped playing it over those years when I was young. At that time I never knew how popular the game was.

Super Smash bros Melee. I remember when it was Christmas, I was shopping with my mother for my first GCN game. (Luigi's Mansion.) I then noticed in the store they were showing trailers from Melee. I said "Oh my GOD!!! I have to get Melee!!!!" I didn't get Melee until after a couple of months, but was I glad. The greatest fighting was in my hands. To me from back then to now, I still think without a shodow of a doubt that Melee is the Greatest Fighting game of all time.

Super Smash bros Brawl. Now with Brawl coming out I could never be more excited. I know from the first Trailer I saw of Brawl that this game would greatly surpass Melee and take it's title of best fighting game. I really feel that brawl Brawl will be perfect in all ways. When brawl comes out I don't think I'll be able to drop the controller ever again. This game shall rule. It shall crush all the others (Except Halo 3. That game is just as addictive as Smash is XD.) Brawl is Melee's successor without a doubt.

Those who doubt Brawl doubt, doubt themselves, and the Genius of Sakurai.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Dude, for real. When Melee came out, I was just so insanely pumped. I never had SSB64, but my friends and I played it all the time. When I got Melee, I just couldn't believe how incredible it was. And now that Brawl is just around the corner, I'm getting all giddy again, times 50. Seriously, Brawl is going to smash Melee.

~Dac

(Pun very intended.)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Super Smash Bros. 64 is like a bad cartoon, crappy graphics, fake effects, utter crappy noise, bad music, wierd characters, amazing DI, and cartoony effects moves, and characters all in one. And for that, it f***ing rocks MAN! :) It's sheer legendary classical game, that I'll keep playing post Brawl, post Super Smash Bros. 4, 5, 6, 7, and 2,000. I'll play all of them constantly. Super Smash Bros. for the win, FOLKS! :)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Super Smash Bros. 64 is like a bad cartoon, crappy graphics, fake effects, utter crappy noise, bad music, wierd characters, amazing DI, and cartoony effects moves, and characters all in one. And for that, it f***ing rocks MAN! :) It's sheer legendary classical game, that I'll keep playing post Brawl, post Super Smash Bros. 4, 5, 6, 7, and 2,000. I'll play all of them constantly. Super Smash Bros. for the win, FOLKS! :)
LOL, when I look at Smash 64 now, I see it as a low budget game that is inferior to Melee. Back in the day, it rocked so freakin hard it was unbelievable. The corny over the top sound effects, the cartoony look with a story about dolls fighting each other. It was gold.

I still like the game, but man Melee blew it out of the water. I just hope that Brawl does the same. I was worried a little bit with things like auto-tether recovery that showed he was making the game maybe too easy, but now I saw some gameplay footage and my fears have been put to rest. I just hope it surpasses Melee like Melee did to 64 (probably not but that would be awesome if it did). ;)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Dude, for real. When Melee came out, I was just so insanely pumped. I never had SSB64, but my friends and I played it all the time. When I got Melee, I just couldn't believe how incredible it was. And now that Brawl is just around the corner, I'm getting all giddy again, times 50. Seriously, Brawl is going to smash Melee.

~Dac

(Pun very intended.)
Seriously!!! When I first saw Melee I think I peed my pants. The same thing happened with Brawl. My God I've never been so excited!!! When I get too excited my back stiffens and I tend to yawn a lot. That's exactly how I've been feeling over the months. I've gotta claim down. ................ BRAWL!!!! God I can't!!! XD

Super Smash Bros. 64 is like a bad cartoon, crappy graphics, fake effects, utter crappy noise, bad music, wierd characters, amazing DI, and cartoony effects moves, and characters all in one. And for that, it f***ing rocks MAN! It's sheer legendary classical game, that I'll keep playing post Brawl, post Super Smash Bros. 4, 5, 6, 7, and 2,000. I'll play all of them constantly. Super Smash Bros. for the win, FOLKS!
JohnKnight...... that was beautiful T-T :chuckle:

From Smash64 to Brawl..... I have to say..... Smash Blows all fighting game out of the Water!!!! Smash is a legend. XD

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Imma firin' mah lazorz?

Nice thrad Dacvak. Some of them 'boarders needed this. Not enough positive people around, methinks.

Never doubted Brawl since I heard bout the dev team's Melee record. They're just as crazy as us.
And Sakurai luvs his fans. He is not letting us down.

Hmm. What would you guys do if this Nintendo guy called you and says that he wants you to go to Japan and work on Super Smash Bros. Brawl as a dev? You would get to meet Mistah Sakurai and all that....

Or what if you were one of Sakurai's cats?

*imagines*

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I remember when I first got Melee I was staring at the starting roster amazed....for like 5 minutes....then I picked up everyone who was new like Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, etc.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Everyone should think of all the suprise characters that are going to be released in Brawl that we don't even know about... like BALLOON FIGHTER FTW!?!!!

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I actually felt the need to make a profile for this thread...

Anyhow, as it just so happens, February 10th is my birthday. So, I suppose that in a sense, Brawl getting pushed back was the best thing that could happen for me, not only because this delay means that the game is being perfected, but because now there is absolutely no reason I can't get it the day it comes out. Also, with two extra months of updates, I doubt there's a secret character we won't know about when it finally launches.

Some of my best memories growing up have been playing Smash with a large group of friends (nothing hardcore, just good ol' item matches), and I have no doubt that this game is going to be the highest pinnacle in video games this decade. Be patient, friends, because a great game is worth waiting for.

Props on the positive thread :)

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I never knew that, I mean 10,000 matches? Using the ssd mode to get G+W (like 200+ matches) I still only have 2000 ish, maybe 2500 now on my melee.

Ill admit this: I had my fears, my doubts. One of my friends refuses to look at dojo out of fear, thinking that it won't live to its hype. I can now be guarenteed it will, and that it will surpass its hype 200%!

This thread has made my day, and will keep me happy until next year when Brawl comes out and we find so many things that we did not expect. Brawl will be amazing, no doubt.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Together with your tread and mine, "Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! Come and get it!" http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119723

We will dominate the General Brawl Discussion Board!!! We shall bring everyone into unsubmission(helping them cope with the wait of Brawl). Reigning complete and utter desolate happiness, utility and unchaos. Muhahhahhahaa:chuckle:

This is blasphemy you say, madness?
THIS IS NOT A DELAY!!!! THIS.. IS... SMASH BROS PERFECTION PROGRAM!!! (300 reference)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pure optimism scares the hell out of me!

Anyways, I do have optimism for this game. Super Smash Bros. is one series (maybe the only.) series that has never disappointed me in anyway.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't do optimism. No expectations, no disappointments. That's my motto, that way when something turns out good it's a complete surprise.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I actually felt the need to make a profile for this thread...

Anyhow, as it just so happens, February 10th is my birthday. So, I suppose that in a sense, Brawl getting pushed back was the best thing that could happen for me, not only because this delay means that the game is being perfected, but because now there is absolutely no reason I can't get it the day it comes out. Also, with two extra months of updates, I doubt there's a secret character we won't know about when it finally launches.

Some of my best memories growing up have been playing Smash with a large group of friends (nothing hardcore, just good ol' item matches), and I have no doubt that this game is going to be the highest pinnacle in video games this decade. Be patient, friends, because a great game is worth waiting for.

Props on the positive thread :)
Dude, that's f*cking awesome. Seriously, your birthday is Feb 10th? That's just insane! Talk about an incredible birthday present!

By the way, thanks for officially joining up in the Smash boards and posting here. =D

~Dac

*Quotes updated*

Top Bottom