• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just want to make you... smile!! -- A POSITIVE Brawl Thread

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
Vortok said:
The Xbox 360 just plays games... the PS3 plays games and researches cures to disease.

But Brawl?

Brawl is guaranteed to bring about world peace!
World peace through constant fighting... I know theres a joke in there somewhere but I can't quite pull it out.

I've been in love wth smash since I caught a tiny, one-paragraph article about it in some game magazine, mentioning the N64 game had just been released in Japan but looked doubtful it'd arrive here.

Jammer

Smash Lord
World peace through constant fighting... I know theres a joke in there somewhere but I can't quite pull it out.
Actually, getting out your aggression and violent tendencies in a video game might make you calmer in your everyday dealings with people. Also, I'm sure there's at least two people who were going to fight, but decided to settle their differences with a Melee match. So Brawl will probably lessen violence outside of video games.

But that's only if you don't believe Jack Thompson.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
This thread is...beatiful..*tear..

I had accually forgotten about the team making brawl, what with their 10000 matches and all (stupid me), but now that I was reminded, I cant wait ^^

Brawl will be the greatest game of all time!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It is because humans are not satisfied with what they have that they need to focus on what they should have and are negative about it. Look at the news. Negative new sells. Look at smashboards. Negative topics attract posts. I could make a post "Samus is a freakin loser!" or "Zamus is butt ugly" and I will have 200 posts in a day in a half. However, I posted my prediction thread a month or less ago and I have 63 posts and there's nothing negative about mine.

This game is just going to be amazing. Melee will still be awesome but it will overshadow it.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
It's quite simple. Brawl will be -so- good that people will play it instead of fighting with each other in RL. Wanna go to war? Nah, I'd rather play Brawl. Dispute? Settle it over a game of Smash Brothers Brawl!
I think Jammer had a better explanation.

Brawl will be so epic, it will even turn Jack Thompson into a gamer.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
Brawl will be so EPIC, that it will have its own sports league!!!!

S.S.B.B.A.

SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL ASSOCIATION FTW!!!!!!!

Sprigginz_Caldo

Smash Apprentice
At least Brawl doesn't have competition for game of the year in '08. ^_^

YAY FOR THE DELAY! That means we'll have to work harder to discover our advanced techniques. :p

Tryptomine

Smash Journeyman
Actually, getting out your aggression and violent tendencies in a video game might make you calmer in your everyday dealings with people. Also, I'm sure there's at least two people who were going to fight, but decided to settle their differences with a Melee match. So Brawl will probably lessen violence outside of video games.

Yes, I'm quite aware of video game's potential to vent aggressive energy, I was just amused by the perceived contradiction.

I find Jack Thompson to be quite entertaining also, in his own right. Rather like the psychotic drug addict screaming on the street corner about tinfoil aliens.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Yes, I'm quite aware of video game's potential to vent aggressive energy, I was just amused by the perceived contradiction.

I find Jack Thompson to be quite entertaining also, in his own right. Rather like the psychotic drug addict screaming on the street corner about tinfoil aliens.
Wait.. are you saying that there AREN'T tinfoil aliens?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Concerns of brawl's ending result? Now there, such a matter should not be so. If such a game can get fans obsessed with visual candy alone (on a system where graphics are low key) I say that's one heck of a game. But this only ignores the great musical talent, time overhaul and dedication thrown and shoved in this tight package. How can Brawl being in it's 2nd year in development be beat by a one year rushed Melee. Such is never so.

Game developers must envy Sakurai and his role in this game. This game will hit the border where the original Super Mario Bros left off and go beyond. Such a game has put the developer on the map, brought much publicity to Nintendo, and the game isn't even out! BRAWL WILL BE AWESOME!

Button Smash

Smash Rookie
I didn't know Sakurai was working with a team of hardcore smashers. (10,000 matches was the best info) Now, I don't have to worry and look on the bright side. I can enjoy Brawl 10 times more than Melee. I'm already obsessed with Melee, sometimes thinking about it in class, going to sleep, and in my private time. Haha. How else do I develop my mindgames?

Waiting for Brawl to be my next best game.

This is a great thread. Sticky?

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Awesome thread.

The moment I saw that stage entrances were brought back to Brawl any worries I had concerning the game dissolved.
If the developers took the time to reintroduce something as trivial as stage entrances back into the game, I can't imagine what they are going to the rest of the game.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I just updated the quotes. Sorry I didn't do it yesterday, I was busy all day. =P

Anyway, when I was reading through these posts, some of you guys reminded me about aspects of Brawl I forgot about! I'm huge into music, myself. And some of my favorite types of music to listen to is actually video game music. (OC Remix for life!) But you know what? I'm fairly certain Brawl will legitimately have the GREATEST video game soundtrack of ALL TIME.

This could just be wishful thinking, but when you take into account the amount of series, musicians, and songs revealed so far, it certainly looks like it's going to happen. Think about it, Sakurai already told us we're going to have far more songs per stage to choose from, and we have just so many characters now... That means we'll have just an incredible amount of songs! I can't wait to hear some remix Sonic music. (Ice Cap Zone? PLZ)

Here's another seperate point I'd like to bring up. We have a TON of competitive Smashers on these boards. I'm one of them, too. So naturally, this is the area I worried about the most with Brawl. But this is what quickly killed my fears: The Smash scene is not small. We're not, like, these underground gamers who meet in secret to play Melee. We're loud. We have tons of tournaments and events, and we post hundreds of combo videos online. My point is this: There are people who seem to have this fear that Sakurai and his team might neglect the competitive Smashers because they don't know we exist. I mean, how crazy is that idea? Sakurai is probably such a Melee nerd that he has every combo vid favorite'd on YouTube! He probably sends Ken anonymous fruit baskets!

I guaranty that before the team started making Brawl, they were fully aware of EVERY advanced technique. Think about it: If you MADE a video game that was played by millions of people, would you not continually track it and see how the people are playing it? There are some who think developers are ignorant to the games they're making, and that's just crazy! Rest assure that the people making Brawl probably know every trick in the book about Melee (and probably more than even we know) and are taking all of this into account for the competitive Smasher.

In the words of a small 2D rapper from the 90's,
"You gotta do what?"
"I GOTTA BELIEVE!"

~Dac

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
In the words of a small 2D rapper from the 90's,
"You gotta do what?"
"I GOTTA BELIEVE!"

~Dac
Hahaha. Win.

I'll say it even though it's been said a million times here: It's so nice to have a positive thread about Brawl. It's getting a little annoying seeing people flamed just because their view on techniques or the game is different. It'll be a relief once the game's been out for awhile, and all the "OMG YOU CAN'T DO THIS CERTAIN MOVE ANYMORE!!!" and similar are dead and forgotten.

People need to remember Brawl is a new game made by huge Smash fans(I didn't know that until this thread, holy crap). It is NOT Melee 2.0. I'm excited to play a NEW game with a NEW feel, and to see all the new tricks and techniques people come up with. It is going to be an awesome experience. Hands down.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Dacvak, you're a bloody genius for making this thread. I've been feeling the negativity on these boards all the time as well. But this is just what a Smasher needs to brighten his mood.

I remember when I first played the original Super Smash Bros. I loved my N64, I loved it to death. I had just gotten back from surgery and my mouth was killing me, so my dad decided to go out to blockbuster and rent a game for me. My brother had heard of this mysterious "Smash Bros." game and decided dad should get that, so he did. My bro and I popped in the cartridge, and off we went for what felt like hours. The really amazing thing was, once I took a break from playing, my mouth didn't hurt anymore!!! SSB64 literally took away my pain! It's a Christmas miracle!!!

And then came the Gamecube. At first my brother and I were convinced that we were never going to be able to get one due to money and stuff. But then June came around after our birthday, and we finally did it. We bought a GC, an extra controller, a memory card, and our first ever game... Super Smash Bros. Melee. And boy, what a start. It was an epic game, with more characters, more stages, more EVERYTHING.

And then the first trailer for Brawl... and I literally wet myself. it look amazing, and what was more, it was scheduled (supposedly) for the Wii's launch XD! We all know now that is far from true, but every time a new update goes on the site, it's like a fresh start to my morning. Especially when we get absolutely epic updates like, I don't know, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. SOLID SNAKE. ONLINE. The list goes on and on people.

There may be doubts among others, but I personally believe this will be one of, if not the single GREATEST Nintendo game ever released. We haven't seen innovation and scale like this since Ocarina of Time was released for the N64.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be an epic, addictive, wonderfully produced peice of gaming history, and I'm honored to be able to say that I'll be gaming with it for a long time to come once it comes out.

SMASH BROS. FOR THE EPIC WIN!!!

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I remember when I first played the original Super Smash Bros. I loved my N64, I loved it to death. I had just gotten back from surgery and my mouth was killing me, so my dad decided to go out to blockbuster and rent a game for me. My brother had heard of this mysterious "Smash Bros." game and decided dad should get that, so he did. My bro and I popped in the cartridge, and off we went for what felt like hours. The really amazing thing was, once I took a break from playing, my mouth didn't hurt anymore!!! SSB64 literally took away my pain! It's a Christmas miracle!!!
Hahahaha, that's just freaking awesome. Lol, here's what you didn't realize: It felt like you were playing for hours, but in reality you had been playing for 13 straight days! That's why your mouth was completely healed afterwards. XD Hah, what a cool story.

~Dac

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
This is an awesome thread, I wonder what Nintendo/Sakurai would think seeing this.

Brawl really is one of the forces that helps keep gaming alive. Without Super Smash Bros., thousands of controllers around the globe would slowly begin to collect dust.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
this thread is amazing its about time people realized that brawls isnt no ordinary game its the greatest game in the history of video games, the third game in the series we have grown up with and loved they wont wreak brawls cause they know where depending on them.Hope this thread dosent die out .BRAWLS FOR EVER

Thrull

Smash Cadet
One of the things that made me feel good about the game recently was that the nintendo guy demo'ing the game in the recent videos seemed to be enjoying himself more than the journalists who had never played it before. He really sounded like a hardcore fan himself, talking about "item-purists" and whatnot. In the case of some other games it seems like the journalists are the excited ones and the developers are the jaded ones (not to say they weren't excited, but they did seem pretty quiet).

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Reading negative comments all day makes my heart gets cold and hard, but then I go read a few comments here once a while to regain my cheerfulness. <(^.^)>

Hehe this gives me lots of ideas:
-The original Super Smash Bros. helped me lose 56lbs!!

-Smash has taught me to love again.

-Super Smash Bros. Melee cured my kidney cancer.

-Smash saved my baby when he fell off of my 2nd story window.

D

Deleted member

Dacvak is pretty much my hero right now, when i thought i was going to hate brawl for taking out wd and shffling hes the voice of reason that made me say screw it ill just learn new adv techs

u r the smartest person on these boards

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
This topic really shines up. :) But really, I've been thinking a bit like that. They won't screw it up, I just know it.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
ya arkive zero is ok without WD..lol its great knowing thanks to this board people are remembering why the loved smash in the first place

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
This Thread is certainly a breath of freash air.

Every time i see a new vid on brawl I am totaly blown away at how awesome it looks every time. The gameplay seems to be coming along nicely.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
10,000 matches my butt! "Advance" players my butt!

Wavedash, wavelanding and L-canceling aren't even in the game. I just got texted from a friend at E for All. I've lost most of my hope for brawl.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
10,000 matches my butt! "Advance" players my butt!

Wavedash, wavelanding and L-canceling aren't even in the game. I just got texted from a friend at E for All. I've lost most of my hope for brawl.
*sigh* You fail, my friend, you fail. Have you learned nothing from this thread, or are you being sarcastic?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
what makes me really happy is that thanks to Dacvak all those people sitting there listening to those complainers can finally find a place to talk about how great brawls is and smash all together.

Jammer

Smash Lord
This thread inspired me to unsubscribe from all those "hey what if Brawl sucks" and "wavedashing ARGH!!" threads.

I'm breathing much more easily now.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
I was sitting in a rocking chair when I saw the 1st trailer for brawl, I got so excited I tried to jump up but knocked the chair over breaking it to pieces, suffice it to say I didnt get any sleep that night due to an high level of excitement.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I cannot wait for this game...I've played smash from the beginning and have hoped for thrid party characters and now they're in. I didn't expect sonic, but i knew he had a chance and now that he's in its gonna be so much more exciting for me. Sonic the Hedgehod was the first video game i played as a kid and i can't wait to play as Sonic in Brawl.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
*rubs eyes* it's so angry outside. can i stay here for awhile?

i saw the new DK video from the SSE. it was awesome. =) i didn't really like Diddy before, but seeing him pull out his poppers and toast those Bullet Bills John Woo style really upped my interest in him. =)

i felt his hero factor. =)

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Man, we all learned some heavy stuff, today. I have to admit, even I was in a bit of a funk when I started reading a lot of the comments left in random topics. I'll tell you what, though. All I needed was a bit of my own medicine. When I came back here and read all the new comments left by you guys, I got totally stoked again. It's crazy how so many people focus on the bad as opposed to the good. We honestly have NOTHING to worry about!

I'm a Samus and Luigi main, so when I heard WDing was disconfirmed, you can imagine how that made me feel. But you know what? It doesn't matter! I'm positive Brawl is going to be the most balanced Smash to date. And us crazy Smash kids will ALWAYS find a way to make it competitive, so there are no worries there!

You know what I did today? I invited some of my competitive Smash friends over today, and I played like it was the first time I ever booted up my Cube. I put items on, I played on random stages, and then afterwards I looked at all the trophies with them. We cycled through the music (I can't believe some of the songs I've been missing out on by just playing tourney-legal stages!) and we took turns beating adventure mode. (**** the lack of a c-stick! =P)

And guess what it made me realize... Melee F*CKING ROCKS. Like, in every sense of the word possible. It's just f*cking incredible. And in looking at everything that's been revealed SO FAR in Brawl, we're going to easily have 5 times as much to look forward to. Maybe I'm just spewing what's already been said, but it bears repeating, in my opinion: Stuff will be removed, stuff will be added, but no matter what, Brawl is destined to be absolutely astounding.

God d*mn. Tons of new music, incredble visuals, so many new characters, stages galore, huge single-player mode, online play, story mode co-op, SONIC and SNAKE, and so much more. Just epic.

~Dac

Top Bottom