• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just want to make you... smile!! -- A POSITIVE Brawl Thread

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I remember the old DOJO. I wish someone had it archived somewhere.

So 10,000 matches and they STILL can't L-cancel? I don't get it. Maybe they just thought that you shouldn't be able to, even though the first two games had it. I'm sorry guys, I'm just a little heart-broken right now. I really like the idea behind this thread, and I really needed it.

I'm sure Brawl will still be fun, but when people are saying "it's a NEW GAME, not Melee 2.0," the fact that most of the vets moves look almost identical suggests an upgraded Melee. (I wanted a totally new game as well, don't get me wrong) When you play a game with characters that move mostly the same as the last game, you expect certain things out of instinct. "Why can't I air dodge in a direction!?" "Why can't I L-cancel? everything else is the same, why is this fun aspect of the game taken out?"

Questions like these will arise in players minds automatically, they aren't just hating on Brawl. I don't know, I'll still buy it and test everything for myself.

Also, as I said in another thread:

"Hmm... I wonder what exactly Sakurai could possibly be up to for the next 3 months.

PLEASE let it be polishing up the fighting mechanics!"

Well, I'm still going to try to remain hopeful for Brawl. I really will give it a chance regardless of what's left in or out. Thanks for listening to me.

Maricalistaro

Smash Journeyman
My favorite thing about smash is that it has these two very passionate crowds being tournament purists and casaul guys. I love playing both ways equally in melee and I gladly sleep in both camps. I love how distinct these ways of playing. 1 on 1 tecnical intense matches or with three budies items on high pure chaos. I mean cmon people were all winners here. Brawl will just as brilliant I assure you.

Also new subspace vid of mario and pit flipped me out all over again. So awesome.

Sorry for spelling Im typing on my Wii.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
This thread inspired me to unsubscribe from all those "hey what if Brawl sucks" and "wavedashing ARGH!!" threads.

I'm breathing much more easily now.
Ha! Sounds like an anti-drug program you're on. Congratulations on your success! Seriously, I should do the same thing. (Though I haven't really been checking those types of threads too much lately anyway.)

Man, we all learned some heavy stuff, today. I have to admit, even I was in a bit of a funk when I started reading a lot of the comments left in random topics. I'll tell you what, though. All I needed was a bit of my own medicine. When I came back here and read all the new comments left by you guys, I got totally stoked again. It's crazy how so many people focus on the bad as opposed to the good. We honestly have NOTHING to worry about!

I'm a Samus and Luigi main, so when I heard WDing was disconfirmed, you can imagine how that made me feel. But you know what? It doesn't matter! I'm positive Brawl is going to be the most balanced Smash to date. And us crazy Smash kids will ALWAYS find a way to make it competitive, so there are no worries there!

You know what I did today? I invited some of my competitive Smash friends over today, and I played like it was the first time I ever booted up my Cube. I put items on, I played on random stages, and then afterwards I looked at all the trophies with them. We cycled through the music (I can't believe some of the songs I've been missing out on by just playing tourney-legal stages!) and we took turns beating adventure mode. (**** the lack of a c-stick! =P)

And guess what it made me realize... Melee F*CKING ROCKS. Like, in every sense of the word possible. It's just f*cking incredible. And in looking at everything that's been revealed SO FAR in Brawl, we're going to easily have 5 times as much to look forward to. Maybe I'm just spewing what's already been said, but it bears repeating, in my opinion: Stuff will be removed, stuff will be added, but no matter what, Brawl is destined to be absolutely astounding.

God d*mn. Tons of new music, incredble visuals, so many new characters, stages galore, huge single-player mode, online play, story mode co-op, SONIC and SNAKE, and so much more. Just epic.

~Dac
Well, I see that you are a man of techs (correct me of I'm wrong) so hearing you be optimistic really helps. I was kind of wondering what your response was now that the alleged bad news has struck. (I was quite optimistic about techs and such before E for All as well, but it's harder to be confident now, though I am still trying.

We will stick together, and YES, we Smashers will definitely pull out all the stops with Brawl and forge insane skills that will easily crush any halfway decent scrub! The GREAT CAMPAIGN to search and scour every inch of Brawl to find every glitch, option, technique, and method is underway!! Who will join!?

(Well, it'll begin in a few months, but signs-ups to show spirit begin now.) :)

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
My favorite thing about smash is that it has these two very passionate crowds being tournament purists and casaul guys. I love playing both ways equally in melee and I gladly sleep in both camps. I love how distinct these ways of playing. 1 on 1 tecnical intense matches or with three budies items on high pure chaos. I mean cmon people were all winners here. Brawl will just as brilliant I assure you.

Also new subspace vid of mario and pit flipped me out all over again. So awesome.
i *just* saw the Mario & Pit SSE vid! it was AMAZING! i plan on maining Pit so it's always lovely when i can get some screentime with him.

and today they finally confirmed that his d-B is the Mirror Shield! i sorta knew/hoped it was, but it's nice to finally get that confirmation and know that he wields all 3 legendary treasures. ^_^

i am SO pleased!

without a doubt, with all the attention they are putting on Brawl, all the attention to detail, the clear love they have for both Smash AND the source material, and 3 YEARS of dev time, that this *will* be the best video game ever made. period. :)

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Dac, this is pretty much expanding on what we talked about at your appartment today,

Brawl is going to have HUGE, MASSIVE changes. It is going to have almost a completely different feel than Melee. What we can't let ourselves do, is get depressed at that. Look at the changes from SSB64 to Melee. The change from Melee to Brawl is going to be just as drastic. Everyone who was good at Melee will pretty much start over, and Everyone who will be new to the SSB world in Brawl will have an equal chance. Everyone starts with a clean slate, and I wouldn't want it any other way. =P

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Super Smash Brothers Brawl has the potential to be one of the greatest games of all time.

I have long had the little idea in my head of a game basically called Super Smash Brothers Platformer, that would be a Smash themed game, but an actual story and single player and all that. I honestly think Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Super Smash Brothers: The Subspace Emissary could release separatley and both get 8s, 9s, and 10s from most reviewers. And I honestly like the fact that it's a side scrolling platformer in addition to the awesomeness of the fighter that it is. We never get good, home console, non handheld sidescrollers anymore. Viewtiful Joe is all I can think of that is semi-recent.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Wow, I'd like to take this time to thank Gimpyfish. Gimpy (and the other competitive Smashers who went to E for All) are just about as hardcore as they come, and if you read his latest informative post, you can see his initial impressions:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

Dude, the game is FUN. If it wasn't such an absurdly long post, I'd quote the whole d*mn thing. THAT right there is living proof that Brawl rocks. Gimpy, thank you!

But I have to admit... Hearing about how everyone is demoing Brawl right now isn't making the wait any easier!!! =P =P I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on it! I'm just too excited!

L.ong L.ive B.rawl!

~Dac

Elysium

Smash Lord
Wow, I'd like to take this time to thank Gimpyfish. Gimpy (and the other competitive Smashers who went to E for All) are just about as hardcore as they come, and if you read his latest informative post, you can see his initial impressions:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

Dude, the game is FUN. If it wasn't such an absurdly long post, I'd quote the whole d*mn thing. THAT right there is living proof that Brawl rocks. Gimpy, thank you!

But I have to admit... Hearing about how everyone is demoing Brawl right now isn't making the wait any easier!!! =P =P I absolutely can't wait to get my hands on it! I'm just too excited!

L.ong L.ive B.rawl!

~Dac
Gimpyfish ftw!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
They're actually trying to make a good game now unlike the last two... and those rocked.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
I just love how we're already figuring out new advanced techniques, and only a small number of people have played a DEMO. Seriously... Ink Drop? That sounds freaking awesome!

I'm currently writing an article for GamerNode.com that's going to touch on all of this in great detail, but I'd like to explain why I LOVE momentum dodging.

Ok, first off, yeah I'm bummed that WD is gone. But big deal, it's not like it's just gone for me. =P But check this out... Momentum dodging is going to be AWESOME for mindgames! First off, it's better than directional dodging in the sense that you don't just stop dead in the air, like a sitting duck. If you're falling from the top, and someone's trying to juggle you below, just momentum dodge to hit the stage safely. But here's the part where it gets cool. You know how you can now jump after a momentum dodge? Well, imagine falling back onto the field, and dodging too early. This way, it seems like you're vulnerable before you hit the stage. When your opponent takes the bait and goes to attack, you quickly use your second jump to get above him and dair/nair his *ss!

If you're playing someone like Sheik, who would jump and up-air you, try to dodge through the attack to get below, then jump and IMMEDIATELY attack upwards for MAXIMUM DAMAGE!

Seriously, the advance techniques are certainly going to shine in Brawl. I'm seeing it already.

God, I f*cking love this game, and I haven't even played it.

~Dac

Edit: I'm heading out to eat right now, but when I get back I'll update the quotes on the first post. <3 Brawl.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Dac, you and a select few other players, new and old, have really got the right, pro mindset going on when it comes to Brawl.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Bump for importance. But I have to agree with Steel Braxus, I'm getting a Wii just for Brawl, and while I'll be grabbing a few other games as well, it's all about the Brawl.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
Wow...I really dont know what to say! Brawl is just so amazing...its to beautiful for words.
I made a commitment when i heard that brawl was originally scedualed for December 3rd. I said that I would get 10,000 matches in like the developers have in melee...guess what I am at now?

!%))))

er..sorry, to excited, finger on shift....15000 matchess....I started around 7900, and i started inviting friends every day to play at least 20-30 matches. Brawl is really going to be an amazing game...and I know it will at least be around long enough for everyone to get that good o' 15000 match number. See ya online!;)

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can you imagine how happy we will all be once Brawl gets here? LOL I predict the thread will have like 20 pages added the week it comes out. ;) It'll be everybody spreading their happiness all over the thread.

TehTooya

Smash Rookie
I whole heartedly believe this thread should be stickied. :)

I was slightly vexed at hearing about the delay, but didn't hold a grudge for long because I knew delays simply mean a better game, which for me, I plan/ (and hope) Brawl will last me years to come like Melee has. After hearing about the staff's equal, if not greater devotion to Brawl, it did take a weight off my chest. The games in good hands, I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Ahh.. (feel relaxed now) this time I came here b/c after reading all those posts questioning depthness *points to FINAL QUESTION thread.

Depthness or not, this game will become the most popular game ever, the Halo of Wii, no 10x more popular b/c this game is for everyone: non-gamers, casual, and the hardcore! The best game ever!

Agreed, Sticky Please!

D

Deleted member

I believe a sticky, a placement in the history of awesome for dacvak, and 10 free intrawebs are in order

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
Hell, I think Dacvak should earn a spot in the Back Room for this if anything. He has taken a forum that is more divided than the United States Congress and given all of us a reason to smile. This thread deserves a sticky and we all need to give Dacvak the imaginary reps he deserves. And a cookie.

But Brawl is going to be amazing. I know this game will bring Smashboards back together again like the one big happy family I know it was and I know it can be.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
Fanboys...yawn. What if this game sucks? Will you all still be smiling?

Actually now that I think of it, you probably will.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Michael Blaine, Oh for the love of god cheer up.

I bet you'll be saying ", **** 5 hours already into this game?,...Still think it sucks..Even though I'm going to keep playing it..and not take it back..*forceful grin*.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I want to smile. I just failed a midterm. :'( Someone cheer me up...
Don't worry, I have too. It isn't too difficult to make up and still get an "A."

This forum makes me feel like people have been hit with a happy stick. Its awesome.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
*Flames Michael Blaine with every kind of insult you can think of*

The game WONT, WONT suck, IT WILL BE MORE THAN WORTH IT ! Imagine it, most (if not all) of your favorite characthers fighting each other, getting into an Adventure mode, everyone getting tied to each other, all the items, final smashes, and the Hours of fun you will be enjoying with you friends, and, why noy, with your family, If the Gamecube controller isnt of your like, you have 3 different types of controlleers, to see which one fits you the most !

Mario, Zelda, Link Charizard, Pikachu, Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Peach, Bowser, Kirby, MEta Knight, Fox, Solid Snake, Pit, Wario and MUCH MUCH MORE !!

Hope you cheered up Sugarpoultry :D

True Fool

Smash Ace
Happy thread is great. I am still hyped and totally excited for this game. If Sakurai wasn't making it I may have a different opinion, but hey, he is making it, and I have nothing to worry about.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
What would happen if Mr. Sakurai Suicided for all the pressure he is getting ? Would be REALLY lamentable, (like any other dead) He gived us happiness for all life, but what you think of my macabre and stupid idea ?

Top Bottom