• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just want to make you... smile!! -- A POSITIVE Brawl Thread

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's true. I love this thread. I feel like I can be happy and have others be happy back instead of being happy and have people destroy my happiness.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Thus is the fate of SWF. I love how people try to act all elitist about Brawl when everyone has a very small few of it. Thats why this thread is awesome. People don't act like they know more about anything. It's just people from all over sharing their hopes for brawl. It doesn't get much better than that.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Super Smash Bros Brawl WILL be better than Melee.Look at the perfect looking levels and characters.I have complete faith in Nintendo because they have never let their fans down.They might as well have asked me what I wanted in Brawl because they have already put it all in.Oh and for all you nay sayers,this is Nintendo trump card..........

just you wait,you will be proved wrong.

SilverChaos

Smash Apprentice
Brawl will be the greatest multiplayer game ever.
No question.
Sakurai is too awesome to let us down.
I mean, how many developers update a blog about their game with (mostly) new info EVERY DAY?
I see one. SAKURAI.

BenB

Smash Cadet
It's funny, because I made this same kind of thread, about a week ago, and people were like... "f*** you, go home!!!" xD I wholeheartedly agree.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I dont even care if wavedashing or other advanced techs aren't in it (I loved them and all and it'll take a while to get used to them not being there,but who cares?)Im on bungie.net too(Yes I do like Halo) and i was saying to people how smash is gonna be way better than Halo,they were going on about how smashbros.com is stupid and how its taking/ruining all the surprize and anticipation out of it.I say it only increases the anticipation and im sure there is going to be a s***load of hidden characters and levels etc that won't be put up.Its just going to be the best I know it.Long live smash!

The online play is going to ravage my social life.......but do I sound like I care?

Pvt. Falcon

Smash Apprentice
My declared heavyweight main is Wario. Don't worry, Wario, because 3 days after Febuary 10th is my birthday + i RESERVED!!!

I cannot wait for this game and weekday updates prime my hunger for this gaming pinnacle of awesome.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I must admit, this thread has to be the best one I have read in my week or so of being on this board. I have been looking forward to Brawl ever since it's release, but recently after reading all the negative topics on this board and wondering about how well the game will play, I have had doubt.

This thread reminded me of how I felt when I first heard that there would be a sequel to what is possibly my favorite game of all time.

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
*blows up*
Wooow. o-o This. thread. is. awesome.
Just hearing what so many other people say makes me feel stronger, almost, the more I read.
I didn't know such skilled workers and fans were working on the game as well. I've lost all doubt in Brawl and the decisions Sakurai makes. I shall not regret anything put in or taken out of Brawl now. It shall be perfect, and that will be its name. Perfect Smash Bros. Brawl.
8D

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
If there were such a thing as video game patriotism, this is it. *sniff* its just so amazing...

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
i think brawl will go down in game history forever for bringing the 2 rivals together to fight and thats sonic and mario now we will see who is stronger is it the fastes hedgehog or a powerful plumber?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I've got a quote to add to the first post.

I've played the game and it is simply amazing. You WILL NOT be dissapointed. This applies to both the casual gamer and the competive player.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
A game where Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu appear in together is already epic win...
What? Sonic, Wario and Solid Snake too now?
What?? Online???
What??? Create your own stages????
Whaaaaaaat???? A fully developed story mode complete with plotline, co-op and cutscenes that has all the big gaming icons team to defeat a big evil?????
Really "Diz game iz teh epic winzorzz"

Really, does anybody simply buy this game for whether certain mechanics/physics are exploitable or not?

It's a game where Mario get's to beat Pikachu in Donkey Kong's jungle! Only now near everything is fully customizable to casual, competetive, hardcore and professional likings and you can play it on "teh internets!"

Elysium

Smash Lord
A game where Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu appear in together is already epic win...
What? Sonic, Wario and Solid Snake too now?
What?? Online???
What??? Create your own stages????
Whaaaaaaat???? A fully developed story mode complete with plotline, co-op and cutscenes that has all the big gaming icons team to defeat a big evil?????
Really "Diz game iz teh epic winzorzz"

Really, does anybody simply buy this game for whether certain mechanics/physics are exploitable or not?

It's a game where Mario get's to beat Pikachu in Donkey Kong's jungle! Only now near everything is fully customizable to casual, competetive, hardcore and professional likings and you can play it on "teh internets!"
This is completely Positive I assure you, but "Death to Snake!" ;)

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I've got a quote to add to the first post.

I've played the game and it is simply amazing. You WILL NOT be dissapointed. This applies to both the casual gamer and the competive player.
Very awesome. I really look forward to playing it. I hope it's on the GamePlay here in Holland, wich is our yearly game expo. Fingers crossed! XD

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
I like this thread.

On all of the other threads it seems like with everything announced, people will nitpick at it and make it seem like a bad thing, not matter how trivial it is. Even something that seems good will be pulled apart. It's seems like nothing that Sakurai could do would ever please them; it's almost like they don't even want the game.

However, I have unswerving faith that this game will be the greatest game ever and will be fun for years to follow. Many of the board members seem to have forgotten that Nintendo always delivers on high expectations such as these, and the fun of having casual matches with friends. Nothing that is (or is not) announced could ever keep me from buying this game.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
Your thread just made my day. I was starting to feel down after reading one of the negative threads towards smash about someone worrying if it was going to be worth waiting for, or if it was going to be better than galaxy. All I know is that so far, it looks like an improved melee. I am still playing my smash bros melee to this day, and brawl looks fantastic! I would be willing to wait another 2 months after february for brawl. I hope this thread makes people feel the same as I do about brawl. Don't worry! It will be great.

Ice Ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceninja77
I can't wait to use someone's final smash! Especially during a four player brawl, which by the way are looking way cooler than the last game.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit and Link made me so happy! :D
Yeah! Dark characters FTW! I was really pleased seeing the dark costumes in the screenshots as well!
Makes me wonder... Would there be dark Zero Suit Samus? You know, with an all black Zero Suit?... That'd be so awesome *wide grin*

In any case! Yes positiveness FTW!
Brawl will be the best game ever! Look! It's even got a soccer ball and a clock in it! How cool is it to kick a soccer ball to people's heads while playing Pikachu? :-p

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Finally a Smash Bros Board with a Concept of Positivity (Forget those whiners at GameFAQS <_<)

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
I boguht a Wii.
reasons I bought a Wii:
1.Brawl
2.Brawl
3.Brawl
4.Brawl
5.Wifi Brawl

This game is going to be god in video-game form, and anyone who says differently can buy a goddam PS3!

btw I checked my memory card, me and friends have over 20k matches, just at my house..... sweet jesus I need help.

Brawl for god of god tier.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
thanks for making such a great thread.(It realy should be stickied).

SSB is realy the game that got me to become a hardcore gamer, ever since I got a N64, I didnt stop playing it till I broke both of my controllers joysticks. SSB was a game I thought was even more epic than ocarina of time!

and when I saw the GC and SSBM, I knew what I had to get. and when I got melee, it was like christmas, my birthday, and a snow day combined! I didnt stop playin melee for 3 years! I did take a break for a bit...until I heard about brawl. then from here up until brawl, I will be sure to play melee at the very least for 2 hours a day to keep my skills sharp and ready for the biggest game ever made.(I am willing to bet my brawl copy brawl will be game of the year if not best game of all time.) thanks for makeing such a happy thread, it made my day.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Aww! It makes me all fuzzy inside to see so many happy people in one thread ^-^ I love you guys!

And hey, checked out Lucas's FS today? IT IS PURE AWESOMENESS! I mean, dude, he makes bleeping METEORS rain from the sky to wreck the whole stage! How cool and epic is THAT?!

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Smash Bros has always been a game that has never been boring to me. Whenever I let one of my friends choose which game to play, and they choose Smash Bros, I'm happy. Its just the kind of game thats always fun to play, and doesn't really bore.

Same to me as DBZ Tenkaichi 2(Wii version), but I never get the chance to play against a human there, since my friends don't really like it for some reason. Looking forward to DBZ Tenkaichi 3 for the Wii, so I can play it online.

Anyways...so far, Brawl really showed me what it was worth. Why? I even need to tell that?!

-Online matches mean you can always play against humans. And humans have differen't strategies, which will make the game very interesting.
-Some of the coolest new characters got in.
-Great new mode improvements. Coop in Home run and Adventure Mode? AND its for online too!? Woohoo!
-Extended Adventure Mode which will have a lot of play time spended on it. First of all, finishing it with all characters, and second, replaying it again because its so fun.
-LOADS of collectables. More trophies than previous time, and probably a thousand stickers.
-A new game engine, giving it a whole new feel.
-A stage builder AND a stage of the day, making for loads of replayability, and making you play the game everyday.
-Loads of music of great quality, and better graphics.
-New moves like the Footstool jump, swimming, and diving look like they'll have a good use to them.
-New items, which will of course be fun for a long while, and maybe freshen up the feel after you've removed them for a big while. Gotta love the assist trophies!
-Actual balancedness in the characters, which means there will be less character spamming plain for winning.
-New gamemodes
-And a lot freaking more.

How can all of this go away from your sight because something like wavedash got removed? (Wavedashing was merely abusing the game physics anyways.)

courte

Smash Lord
this thread needs to die. nothing positive on the dojo as of late.
see thats a problem^^both what he said and that he said it; nothing positive on the dojo is an opinion. to me nothing positive means negative and negative means...

Sakurai: We're delaying the game's US launch until I feel like it. I usually don't generalize america's state is a sad and sorry one and it reflects even in our fans, who would be so rude as to insult us as we show them gratitude in the greatest way possible. b i t c h e s

Coselm

Smash Ace
Brawl FTW!

If you don't think Brawl is going to be the best game ever, then you need to check yourself into a psychiatric ward.

Elysium

Smash Lord
*Invoking the bump powers vested in me*

Don't give up hope!

66 days to go guys! Times flying and before we know it we'll being playing each other from all over. Just think..... Wifi Brawlin'!

Top Bottom