• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I just want to make you... smile!! -- A POSITIVE Brawl Thread

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
There are very few games that have ever made me count down the days to its release, anticipating it so much that it hurts. StarCraft 2 and Super Smash Bros: Brawl are the beacons in my life that remind me why I love games so much :)

Adreem

Smash Rookie
I'm so excited!!!!!

Yaaayyy a happy thread!!!~~~<33

Feb.10!!!!

2 weeks of school left!!!!~~~<33

Brawl!!! yaaaayyy!!~~~<3333

Zeldaaaa~~~~<333 (Show up sometime hun, we miss you. :3)

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Man...seeing this tread again makes me totally excited for Brawl once again.

Can't wait to go fight you all once. My friends aren't good enough, the tournaments are too far away, and because I hardly get to fight decent human players lately(the only good smasher I've trained and fought with against has moved), I'm probably losing more and more skill too.

If we all add each others friend codes, whether friends or not, we'll have our own online ranked Smash community list for everyone, without the limitations that are set for random matches. It'll be awesome. Smash-online is quite huge(especially for Nintendo) when you have friend codes. Playing against the community at any time without limits will be amazing. Because you'll always have someone online if you got 50 or more people from the community in your Smash list.

....this is taking too long! Where is Brawl?!

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Thankyou very much. I recently became really good with Sheik, and worried if she'll be back or not. Now I have no doubt: Fans THAT big of Melee wouldn't remove Sheik! :)

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I thought I was alone, with all of those Halo people, but now I know that they hide in a corner alone crying.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Everyone seems to have been losing faith, no one can blame us, no character updates for more than a month! T_T

Don't lose faith yet!

This week is the week! There has to be a character this week!

Also, 54 more days until February 10th!!!
That may seem long but its not:

Brawl will be released in Japan NEXT MONTH!!!

Thats right! If you think about it that way, its not that far away.

I was down in the dumps these last few weeks not very active in these forums really but now its time to get pumped and believe!

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
This is late but... WARIO GOT HIS ORIGINAL SUIT! EH HEAH HEAH HEA HEAH!

RAW HAW HAW HAW HAW! IMA WARRIO, IMA BOUTA GONNA WEEN! HERE I GO! FIEHER!

Yeah I was so sad Wario got his lame jacket and hat.. but now that he has his overalls I will pwn ppl with Wario RAW HAW HAW HAW!

Mzero

Smash Cadet
This is late but... WARIO GOT HIS ORIGINAL SUIT! EH HEAH HEAH HEA HEAH!

RAW HAW HAW HAW HAW! IMA WARRIO, IMA BOUTA GONNA WEEN! HERE I GO! FIEHER!

Yeah I was so sad Wario got his lame jacket and hat.. but now that he has his overalls I will pwn ppl with Wario RAW HAW HAW HAW!
i actually liked wario more after the warioware series came out.

I got a positive thing to say about Brawl. Sonic and Snake are in it!

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
This is a great thread, and I especially liked that quite from Miyamoto. I'm one of those not disappointed with the delay because it means a better quality game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
:chuckle:

It's nice to have a thread that doesn't have people moaning about characters saying they suck and people putting fail pictures all over.

Even though I live in Ireland, and the game doesn't have a release date, I'll survive until it comes out, better to think about how good it'll be then moan about not having it sooner. :p

There'll be a day where FPS fans and Fighting fans, grandkids and grandparents, tourneyfolk and casualists will have a game they can play together in harmony. Where, no matter your skill, you still have an excellent time playing. A game so good, it'll bring all people together, transcending barriers of space and even time, for a fun time for all. This game's name will be sung out across the plain fields, over the mountains, out of car windows and over phone-lines, chat rooms, message boards, praising it's glorious mechanics and perfect execution, to the point where the gods themselves will know of it's excellence.

This game's name is Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Cerulean_Charizard

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, what a brilliant thread! It's a good idea to come here if you're worrying/doubting about certain aspects of Brawl, even the only veteran out of my favourites of Melee didn't come back (Mewtwo), I still have SONIC, and of course, THE POKEMON TRAINER to play as. Did I mention Sonic? Not even my hype for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl matches this!

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
A lot of good compliment comments i'd like to add my own i've spent most of the day going back a watching all the e for all videos i could find again and the game looks phenomenal. I have never been this excited about a game ever I'm always hungry for new news, videos, updates I know the day that game comes out I'm skipping work so I can play it all day. Brawl will be one of those games that you remember for the rest of your life just like Mario RPG, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7, all those games that, 10-20 years down the road your still going back to play them because they were that good.

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
This is an awesome thread, first off.

"Think of all your wildest dreams coming true all at once, and then multiply it by 100.

Brawl will be better than that feeling ^" -Hobbes, from Calvin and Hobbes
Updated by Dragothel

Crystallion

Smash Ace
First of all, thank you for making this thread. The thread was due a long time ago. :)
Second, I want to give my positive two cents on Brawl:

- Amazing graphics: We've all seen them. It's not that much of a jump from Melee, but I think the characters look their best right now, the stages are beautiful and the gameplay is smooth.

- The characters: Yeah, I know, we are still waiting for some of them to be revealed (I think this will be after release though), but we already have a good amount of newcomers, they're all cool and deserve it. And boy, was I surprised when I first saw Meta Knight and Snake in it, that alone was a good reason to buy the game in the future. Plus, while we were deprived of the Samus trophy (the one where she doesn't have a helmet) in Melee, now we have Zero Suit Samus. And why do people have to criticise her sex appeal? For one reason, some people like it and as much as you hate it, I'd rather Brawl appealed to all kinds of people. Second, it's not like she didn't look like that before, I mean, she looked always sexy like that. The thirs thing is, if you don't like here, use Samus, simple as that. And last but not least, so what if she has boobs? She's a woman, and normally, they have breasts (I understand it's hard for the gaming world to understand that).
Would you like to know something? When you play Brawl, you won't look at the boobs, but rather at how you play, so it doesn't matter anyway, you won't notice them much as you're probably too busy beating your opponents with sheer girl power. ;)

I just love the variety of characters, and so far, we don't have clones at all. Just compare this with Melee! It's amazing.

- The gameplay: It might've been slowed down a bit, but I think this is good. Not only will you have time for new strategies, you will have considerable time getting a good screenshot and sending them to all your friends. This is cool and you know it. Besides, Melee was a bit too hectic for me at times, and the matches were too short; now, you can enjoy all your matches to the fullest ^^

- The game modes: As of now, the Subspace Emissary's going to look so great as we already have seen in some videos. The multiplayer mode might be the most important in the Smash series, but I for one am glad the developers put as much time in the SSE since, contrary to what many people say, there ARE people who don't have much friends to play Brawl with. We need both sides to be happy, right? Well, now it certainly looks like we will all have fun equally. :)
The trophy stands and the coin launcher are fantastic since they don't require sheer luck like the lottery in Melee, but also strategy and skill. I'm sure there will be many things to collect, and the sticker idea is kind of neat ^.^

- The music: The developers have improved the amount of music we're gonna hear in Brawl. Plus, you can collect CD's to listen to even more tracks. And every track so far sounds like a masterpiece. Some of them sound synthesized and, like some of you said, like MIDIs. But even then, they are wonderful. The feeling is completely different when you just listen to the music like that, or listen to the music while you play. It doesn't matter how many times you say the music sucks, when you play, you will forget all that and suddenly, the music is passable at second and great at third. The thing here is it's a whole different music style, and people think it isn't going to be half as epic as in Melee. Remember, folks, this is Brawl, not Melee. Besides, the music, while the quality differs highly, will sound even better in-game, and there will be at least one track you like listening to. ;) As of now, the musicians did a wonderful job with it. All my respect for you!!

So much fanservice!! We should ALL thank Sakurai and his team of developers for making a game as great as this. Even though it might be the last in the Smash series (hey, it's very much possible), we will play it for years. There will be tourneys all around the place, and those will still be held after 5 years, because we all know that the game can't fail. How could it? Because there's no wavedashing? Because the gameplay's slow? Even if the gameplay is a bit easier to grasp with the new controls, tournament players will still find advanced techs, I guarantee. The success of Brawl cannot be denied, copies will be sold in the millions. So better prepare yourselves for the best game of 2008 and get ready to brawl!

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I'm still wondering why most people always mention Sakurai as the only one that produced Brawl.

"Sakurai, improve that!"
"Sakurai, create this!"
"Sakurai, make Samus' boobs bigger!"
"Sakurai, build 10 more SSE stages!"
"Etc."

I get the feeling Sakurai is the only guy thats being praised or treatend to go to hell. Its a whole team. Give them some credit too! I'm sure a ton of Melee fans will do everything to improve the game.

Oh yeah, have you noticed how EVERY game mode got better?

Adventure Mode | Subspace Emissary, way larger and with an actual story. Coop added too.
Classic Mode |Now features better coin support and extra variety.
Option Mode |My Music and the Four controls ways for the win!
Event Mode | More events, including coop events. A better menu too. Yay for pics!
Training mode | Final Smash spam :D
Homerun contest |We got a shield, coop, competition and online. How is that not better?
Snapshot Mode | There is none now. You can always take pictures now!
Tournament Mode | No handicaps for n00bs. How cool is that?
Special Brawl | Endless combinations such as the Metal Bunny Brawl.
Target Smash | 5 x 5 = 25. Recording videos and the new items are nice too.
Brawl | Few more options, way more stages and characters, homemade stages, and online mode.
Trophy Gallery | Lets just say we nearly have double the trophies this time around.
Coin Launcher | Skill needed, and you'll actually have fun collecting trophies by coins.

Oh yeah, you guys seemed to miss the difficulty setting Sakurai talked about in target Smash. 5 difficulties times 5 maps is 25 maps. They just have the same theme, but the platforms and obstacles shall change in each difficulty. Oh, and I only mentioned modes that were in Melee in some form too.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is the best Brawl thread EVER! I was always waiting for a thread that made people appreciate how awesome brawl is going to be.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
such a great thread
i love the lack of negativety, after reading just a few quotes from this thread there is no longer any doubt in my mind that BRAWL won't live up to the expectations

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
this thread made me happy the game was probly delayed b/c they were busy playing melee XD
but yeah brawl will be great

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I'm sad this thread keeps being ignored, going up and down the pages. This should be stickyed!!! Always made me feel good reading through these posts.

22 Days til Japan release!!! 39 Days til US release!!!

Agreed. This thread deserves and needs to be stickied! This is probably the best thread ever in smash history ^^.

gaph2000

Smash Cadet
This post is pure win. I love the old days, hangin with my friends and playing Melee. When Brawl comes out It'll be amazing. Then my friends will pwn me with their advanced techniques, and I'll be sad. But then I'll play SSE and be happy again. Brawl does that to you. :p

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Been a while since I've posted here, but it is a time to be positive. Not only do Dojo updates start back up on Monday, but the game releases in Japan this month. And then early next month it releases here. You hear that? It's almost here! Everyone should be happy, for it is a splendid time to be a Smasher. ;)

mickaleaf

Smash Cadet
Sonic is going to be played by me. Just wanted to let you know that because I know you all wanted to know. Who's going to be a Sonic user anyway? I think he's great. Addiction level= 11/10

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
The feeling i felt seeing "Newcomer: Metaknight" can only be rivaled to the feeling i felt seeing Diddy Jump out of the forest and shoot peanuts at incoming missiles next to a pissed off BA looking donkey kong.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I remember watching old footage of The Beatles, prior to putting on a concert in NYC. There were girls screaming everywhere, crying, and reaching out for them.

Last night, I was watching the new Japanese Brawl commercials. It was about two o'clock am, and I was laying in bed, practically biting my hand, trying hard not to scream. I'm a 19 year old, male, college student. And I wanted to scream after watching the commercials.

Only Brawl, man. Only Brawl.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Super Smash Bros is the type of game where it's near impossible to know every technique of every character. Seriously, it's THAT DEEP. To this day I still don't know every trick and techniques from everyone, and yet there's only 25 characters despite 6 of them are clones. Heck, even clones has some differences compared to the original counterparts. Even the stage structures and items can dramatically changes what kind of strategy can be used and what can't be used.

Smash Bros is definitely the game you will never run out of stuff to do. Alot of replay value, exactly what EVERY video game needs. This is further evidence that Smash Bros is indeed one of the deepest games I've ever played. And to this day I can still enjoy the hell out of Melee even if I do get tired of playing it.

With all of the new features in Brawl (possibly 40 characters, alot of new items, ATs, Stage Builder, SSE, Co-op and etc) and alot of game tweaks (balancing characters, improvements and alot more), I can imagine this game having a much longer lasting effect. I expect to not get tired of this game for a very long time. Melee is still fun to this day, so is SSB64.

And in my personal opinion, Melee was a bit of a flawed game...and yet it manages to be one of the greatest games of all time.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i remember going to visist my cousins and they had SSB64, i picked it up played it and fell in love with the game

in 2005 i finally found a copy of SSB64 and bought it for my N64....couple weeks later i bought Melee. It has become one of my favorite games and when brawl was announced i knew i had to get a Wii. Brawl will surley be better than melee which gives me a ton of hope for the future

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
Ah the memories...(long read, :D, skip to Brawl if you don't want to read all of it)

Super Smash Brothers
- My Friend owned an N64 with 2 controllers, and his friend owned an N64 too. He had Super Smash Brothers AND 2 controllers. I never knew what the heck it was until we went to his House one day. The first day..."Oh my goodness...", it was the BEST game I had ever played. My brother, 4 other friends got together and planned to play Smash Brothers everyday. But wow, my main back then was Pikachu. Pikachu...geez, I forgot about him up until now. Unfortunately, we only played the game for merely about 6 months or so when they moved away.

Super Smash Brothers Melee
- Few years pass, the gamecube was announced. Too bad I was one of the late birds who got the gamecube in the late 2002's, I ignored Super Smash Brothers Melee for at least for a year! By the time I finally realized I needed more games, I found out about Melee, was this the same Super Smash Brothers I played in the past...? (I really thought it was a remake of the original) So I got it as my 2nd gamecube game, after realizing the characters were different and the stages were definitely different...this was the NEW Super Smash Brothers. Unfortunately none of my childhood friends were there to play the game alongside, so I was by myself playing alongside my brother. I attempted to main Pikachu. I changed my mind and switched to Kirby and then finally...Fox, who turned out to be a balanced character for me. So by the time I completed mostly everything, I questioned myself...will there be another Smash Brothers? If that were the case, won't the graphics be more realistic? What about Adventure mode? We only had one silly little movie in there! It was waiting in a few years...

Super Smash Brothers Brawl - I can't even remember but I was DEFINITELY happy when Brawl got announced, I jumped for joy. I did go into the Nsider forums during this time. After that was closed, here I am in the Smash Boards. I thought it'd be a lot more mature than the people at Nsider...now infesting gamefaqs. Once I saw the 2nd trailer AND the "This World..." Update, I KNEW what I said in the Past was coming true right before my eyes. And here I am sharing my story. I'm just as excited as everyone else here, and I am glad...Brawl will finally be in our hands next month.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
I can truely say I have had no doubts about this game whatsoever. The more I see in updates and the more I see the community wrapping itself around this game, the more I know that it will be one of the most amazing gaming experiences I will ever have. Sakurai knows what he's doing and I put my full confidences into him and his development team and I know they won't disappoint us. :)

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. 64 - Addiction at its finest. I actually competed in this game more than I could ever dream of in Melee, by playing free for alls with my neighbors at their house. At the time which Mario Party was being milked, I never knew Nintendo could make something so obvious and superior, and doing something we actually want to do in games: Beat up each other with our favorite Nintendo characters.

Smash Melee - Melee really made the Nintendo Gamecube seem like something it was not. Seeing how smooth the graphics were, as well as how much more fleshed out everything was, really brought to life everything in ways I have never dreamed possible at the time. Young Link was my favorite addition to the game, because he was so much cooler than Adult Link in Majora's Mask, due to be able to do everything Adult Link could. Of course, they used OoT's version of Young Link, but I didn't care. I never had a chance to be competitive, but watching videos of highly skilled players have intense matches that make watching an action movie seem like a slow paced RPG really made me want to be like those people, but I never got the chance. I attempted to do so in Gunz: The Duel, but that game is terrible. It simply has to be Smash.

Smash Bros. Brawl - Online is the greatest thing ever. Do not listen to anyone that says it will be bad. Online will give me a chance to have a grounds for creating actual skill, to become closer to high level play. Not to say this will replace in-person tournaments, but Online Mode will completely eradicate having nothing to do but fight CPUs. With that said, Brawl looks to combine everything that was great about Smash. 64 and Melee, while going for a new balance that will hope to allow people to play favorites in high level play, and with Assist Trophies and normal Trophies giving nods to peoples' favorite obscure series, people all win in some way.

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
My friends, all I would like to say is; At the moment, we may have our gripes about the online, about character inclusion, about the updates, about whatever. But I can assure you. Once we have this game in our Wiis, once we have those controllers in our hands, whatever controllers they may be, we will all forgot about those gripes, and we will have a good time. A good time which will last years.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
My friends, all I would like to say is; At the moment, we may have our gripes about the online, about character inclusion, about the updates, about whatever. But I can assure you. Once we have this game in our Wiis, once we have those controllers in our hands, whatever controllers they may be, we will all forgot about those gripes, and we will have a good time. A good time which will last years.
What you just said made perfect sence. But for us Europeans, we're going to be complaining for a LONG LONG Time to come.

Top Bottom