• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I'll visit the Link boards after this post.

Anyway, what my point is is that Link looks amazing in his mixclip, while Robin or Ganon mixclips don't look that great. Link has amazing tools, and, by extension, great recovery and gimping. Not to mention his damage per hit, which is really good. Link is very complex (more so than Sheik) and I think that he can be top of mid/bottom of high tier if people continue to progress him. Of course, we each have our own opinions and you can disagree.
Unfortunately the issue with his progression is the fact he lost quite a few ATs from The last few patches.

And I can agree with Robin and Ganon, although I just don't like their design to begin with :p

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Does Link have anything over Toon Link
Notably range and power. His jab setups were really what set them apart in a distinctive manner. But now Link has no IASA frames, while Toon Link does....odd.

Toon Link certainly has more freedom while playing in the air, at the same time being able to use his versatile projectile game. Which I feel makes him the "better" between the two (Link is far more badass obviously) in this engine. His offstage game is certainly better than Link's since he just moves faster and has higher jumps.

You're talking to a former Link main in Brawl though so...I'll always say Link is more badass.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Meanwhile, Smash Ireland discusses sensitivity

[01:51:47] Arikado: its hard to insult me lol
[01:51:52] Arikado: i find it stupid to get insulted easily actually
[01:51:57] Tesla Skarfelt: sheik is easy to play
[01:52:01] Arikado: **** YOU

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Lol, the more I talk to Arikado the more I find him super fun and entertaining.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
The amount of trash talk in Ireland since he entered the scene multiplied by hundreds, man, it's so entertaining. The fact he actually backs it up as well makes it all nicer. I mean, it's not like he'll ever take first again, that's my place, but everyone gets one.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
hey Skarfelt, I think i've seen you a few times in smashladder chat.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Maybe when you guys actually start taking stocks off my Fox we'll talk
I'm pretty damn sure that the Ganon/Sheik MU is much worse than the Ganon/Fox MU though

Gosh darn you Splatoon for ruining my GIFS ;_;

Last edited:

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Our thread titles don't have enough puns. We should edit in a Bolero or Minuet somewhere. Requiem of Competition for the matchup thread?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
so something interesting just happened:

https://gfycat.com/OldYoungGrasshopper

my explanation/theory: Usmash seemed to work normally, ignoring the ledge, as if I was running up and doing a regular usmash, explaining the disjointed hitbox and sliding off the stage to grab the ledge. I tried to recreate the situation in training without connecting sweetspot usmash and just running up and doing usmash but couldn't come up with anything.

This looks interesting.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I found a cool gif you guys might like:

Learning Sheik is hard because she's a very different play style than I'm used to. I guess no one here plays wifi. I need more Sheik exp and to see what I'm doing right or wrong.

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
so something interesting just happened:

https://gfycat.com/OldYoungGrasshopper

my explanation/theory: Usmash seemed to work normally, ignoring the ledge, as if I was running up and doing a regular usmash, explaining the disjointed hitbox and sliding off the stage to grab the ledge. I tried to recreate the situation in training without connecting sweetspot usmash and just running up and doing usmash but couldn't come up with anything.

This looks interesting.
It seems like the hitlag of the move let you carry the momentum of your run a bit more, and since you were at the edge, slide off.
normally, without hitting usmash (possibly needs to be SS usmash) there isnt hitlag, so you would just stop because its a ledge, but by incuring hitlag, it ignored the ledge stop. Thats my theory anyway

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
It seems like the hitlag of the move let you carry the momentum of your run a bit more, and since you were at the edge, slide off.
normally, without hitting usmash (possibly needs to be SS usmash) there isnt hitlag, so you would just stop because its a ledge, but by incuring hitlag, it ignored the ledge stop. Thats my theory anyway
So basically the "Frame Cancel" technique, but applied in a different location?
Interesting, and definitely plausible

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I believe that Sheik needs a guide to gimping. With gimping being our strongest killing tool and our ability to dive is insane we need a theory craft guide to gimping. Gimping can never be made into a perfect science due to all of the variables so no matter what we strive for theory craft is all we have to go off of. I will do my best to write one up. I have started a decent scene on the ship so I can finally get in some worth while practice.
However my current internet connection greatly hinders my ability to properly search for info and since I have been away I have missed out on quite a bit. Also I share the computer with like 45 other people. Seniority can only carry you so far when people are waiting to email their wives/husbands, parents and children. I am a **** but not that much of a ****.
Might I be so bold as to ask for the following from the community?
Can reverse needle glide combo into BF? This would effectively put the opponent under the stage or stage spike them.

Here are the options that I am going to cover:
repeated fair and regrabbing the ledge
repeated bair and regrabbing the ledge
repeated Nair and regrabbing the ledge
BF both normal and wall bounce
needles thrown at an angle (including aNLC)
needles thrown straight
reverse needle gliding
needles> BF (if it is true)
burst grenade
vanish and needle fidget vanish
Dair spike into a recovering opponent
stage spiking (whether it be bair, fair, nair or BF)
(did I miss anything?)

My plan is simple, I will write up guide for each character and rank each option as to which one in theory is more effecient. I will also take a picture of FD and color coat it. Each option will be rated for each coated area.
When I am done I will show it to the community and then have everyone critique my opinions to hopefully fine tune it.
This guide will probably take about 2-3 months to fully develope before I show it to the community.
Please pass word of this to the sheik chat.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
the wonders of the sheik skype chat:

[22:14:37] Mr ****xie: I can dair you with sheik over 500 times
[22:14:43] Mr ****xie: and that's only with my bare hands

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
words of wisdom for all sheik players:

diddy fuel can't melt steel dairs

edit: also more sheik chat shenanagains
[5:26:47 PM] Mr ****xie: http://www.reddit.com/r/Spongebros/comments/2x919j/i_call_it_bold_and_brash/ link to my epic reddit memes
[5:28:47 PM] ◥θ┴θ◤ || KMZ || WolfieXVII: more like
[5:28:52 PM] ◥θ┴θ◤ || KMZ || WolfieXVII: belongs in the trash
[5:29:19 PM] Mr ****xie: more like
[5:29:25 PM | Edited 5:29:34 PM] Mr ****xie: i can dair you into the dust
[5:29:25 PM] Mr ****xie: ************
[5:29:33 PM] ◥θ┴θ◤ || KMZ || WolfieXVII: LMFAO
[5:29:36 PM] Mr ****xie: american't

Last edited:

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
More Irish trashtalk...

[23:40:08] Arikado: skarfelt
[23:40:11] Tesla Skarfelt: hi
[23:40:12] Arikado: i challenge u
[23:40:21] Tesla Skarfelt: i thought you'd never ask <3
[23:40:22] Arikado: to a moneymatch in slayers
[23:40:23] Tesla Skarfelt: oh
[23:40:28] Tesla Skarfelt: you're on, mother ******
[23:40:28] Arikado: 5 euros
[23:40:29] Tesla Skarfelt: how much
[23:40:33] Tesla Skarfelt: >5 euros
[23:40:33] Arikado: random character
[23:40:35] Arikado: random stage
[23:40:36] Ryan: 69p
[23:40:42] Tesla Skarfelt: might as well bet a ****ing chocolate bar that's nothing
[23:40:45] Arikado: bo7
[23:40:49] Arikado: ok
[23:40:51] Arikado: a chocolate bar works
[23:40:56] Tesla Skarfelt: okay those rules now make it better
[23:41:06] Tesla Skarfelt: you're going to get ****ing decimated

RRoulette

Smash Apprentice
More Irish trashtalk...

[23:40:08] Arikado: skarfelt
[23:40:11] Tesla Skarfelt: hi
[23:40:12] Arikado: i challenge u
[23:40:21] Tesla Skarfelt: i thought you'd never ask <3
[23:40:22] Arikado: to a moneymatch in slayers
[23:40:23] Tesla Skarfelt: oh
[23:40:28] Tesla Skarfelt: you're on, mother ****er
[23:40:28] Arikado: 5 euros
[23:40:29] Tesla Skarfelt: how much
[23:40:33] Tesla Skarfelt: >5 euros
[23:40:33] Arikado: random character
[23:40:35] Arikado: random stage
[23:40:36] Ryan: 69p
[23:40:42] Tesla Skarfelt: might as well bet a ****ing chocolate bar that's nothing
[23:40:45] Arikado: bo7
[23:40:49] Arikado: ok
[23:40:51] Arikado: a chocolate bar works
[23:40:56] Tesla Skarfelt: okay those rules now make it better
[23:41:06] Tesla Skarfelt: you're going to get ****ing decimated
record, send replay to alpharadTV, "How to get REKT after trash talk 101"

[10:57:54 PM] ◥θ┴θ◤ || KMZ || WolfieXVII: Ban sheik
[10:58:06 PM] *** KMZ || もも has left ***

Last edited:

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Here is some food for thought. You can tech chase with needles. muhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
AND FOLLOW UP WITH NEEDLES!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
I don't know the percentages but it seems that at a certain point is worth while to just tech chase and zone with needles. I am thinking at about 100% or so. Distancing is character dependant. Pinning someone at the ledge with this could be key to getting from our (combo %'s) to our (kill percents).
We should stream line this with exact data and options.

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
sup dudes, i'm an ex-diddy sellout, hope i'll get along

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
So, I'm not sure if people know about this or not, so I figured I'd share it here. This is a true 28% combo. We all know that it can be hard to set up needles to bouncing fish in neutral right? Not anymore.. you can set it up with weak Nair. From around 95-115% you can weak Nair to needles to bouncing fish. Now you might be thinking, "Well, Pony, why would you do that when weak Nair to BF is already a true combo?" Well, thats because Nair to BF doesnt always kill, because you don't have them up to a high enough % when you do it. When you instead do weak Nair to needles to bouncing fish, the needles give just enough of a damage boost to pull off the kill! Also, it becomes easier to connect the bouncing fish due to the weak nair pulling them off the ground. I'm sorry if this has already been a topic of discussion. If so, feel free to remove the post my beloved mods. And if not, I hope to see more of my fellow Sheik mains utilizing this amazing combo. Thanks!

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Now that Diddy Kong has been massively nerfed and Sonic's back throw was significantly reduced, does Shiek have any bad matchups?

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Now that Diddy Kong has been massively nerfed and Sonic's back throw was significantly reduced, does Shiek have any bad matchups?
Lucario's matchup sucks because he's a natural counter to sheik on paper. Other than that, the other bad matchups are kinda all preferences lol. Some people think Sonic's matchup is a bit in his favour after Sheik's bair nerf especially in customs because burning spindash does a lot of damage. I personally struggle with Yoshi and Rosalina but that could be from my end as I lack a bit of matchup experience.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yo, can I just ask whether or not people are okay with being Naruto's sister?
I personally think that's an awful thing, iono.

Any who I've kinda had a pocket/practiced sheik ever since I got back from my recent trip in the US, no one played her in Aussieland (crazy) and it was an instant winning ticket (mostly for training others and for campy/annoying characters in customs tournaments). I have since put 50,000 hours into mastering Ocarina of Time fishing skills and it's pretty good. Now that she's been nerfed again I feel a little more willed into pushing (a type of smash masochism) the character, some sort of goal of "every stock must be taken by 100%" ; despite wide spread hysterics I don't think she's matchless now, maybe the best but nothing remotely close to the truest demon (and of course Diddy is also significantly funner for me now too :p)

Anyway, hi.

Last edited:

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
The name is from Xiivi himself, how could we possibly object?

Aussieland (crazy)
As in Australia? Do you not know about our man @ _Tree _Tree ? Shame on you!

But yes, Sheik will always be the best char in game, no matter how much they nerv.

Anyway, welcome.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I don't like the name either. I suggested a bit further up that we incorporate more puns into our titles - maybe something to do with harps? Songs? Maybe call the social thread The Pin Cushion ("pins" are for needles and grenades! Get it?!) I still like Requiem of Competition for the matchup thread.

Top Bottom