• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Can Sheik Ftilt lock characters like in Brawl? Is it as effective?
Yes Sheik can still do a sort of limited Ftilt lock and no it's not.

Sheik Ftilt is more like it's Melee counterpart then Brawl's. However with that said Melee didn't have decay so doing things like ftilt into usmash (could still work in theory, I need to see how inescapable it is) is still possible just it's unlikely to ever be in killing percents unless maybe if it's fully decay and even then on a few select characters if even that.

Last edited:

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
What is the optimal way to escape getting f-tilted a bunch of times consecutively early? Like should I be smash-di-ing/regular di-ing a certain direction in combination of attempting to dodge or attack?

GeZ

Smash Lord
So Sheik vs ZSS is really freaking fun. Just played about 8 rounds with a dude online. We were about even, and it was kickass, though I realize I have no idea how to edgeguard against ZSS's flip. It seems hittable sometimes and not some other times so I don't know. Recommendations?

I found that shielding neutral B and then spot dodging was good because it let me punish ****ed up grabs.

One thing I gotta say is that they really made rolls too safe in this game. Punishing them is literally only possible by having an attack going where they are before they come out of roll.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I see ya @ Tristan_win Tristan_win rocking that Avi lol.
._. I haven't change my avatar in a while. What did you think I change it to?

On a unrelated note I wish we could make our avatar's gif. When @ Judo777 Judo777 called for the power of Tristan I really wanted to post everything he wanted with a gif of

....but I don't think trying to get frame data from the 3ds is worth it/I don't have the means. I also fear that the wiiu version could be slightly different.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
So I managed to sneak a kill with Sheik, totally by accident, but it turned out to be /amazing/.

Skip to 2:20 directly to see the kill. Sorry for the **** quality, uploaded the video using my phone. :/

GeZ

Smash Lord
HOW DO I MAKE THE LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS GAME STOP?!

It's like, succeeding at this game feels pretty good. I don't prefer it to Melee or P:M, but I like when things work out in it. But the game mechanics man. The ****ing game mechanics make me **** blood. Most characters, when played right, don't have to commit to anything, rolls are stupid and require really hard reads to punish, new ledgehog mechanics makes edgeguarding some characters nigh impossible, etc.

I want to like this game, but I don't want to feel like I'm struggling to beat people without Smash fundamentals.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
So I managed to sneak a kill with Sheik, totally by accident, but it turned out to be /amazing/.

Skip to 2:20 directly to see the kill. Sorry for the **** quality, uploaded the video using my phone. :/
I can never seem to land the f-air juggle. I need to practice that, as well as my edgeguarding.

That kill though xD. I like the look of your Sheik skills!

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323

This is the best i could get, from my first recording time. When I get time I 'll get it in a better quality.

Johns incoming:
We played online and it was lagging so bad that round, I could barly mnove. Thats why i lost so bad this game. I'll upload another video from this session, where we had less laggs and I was playing a little bit better. No seriously, it was ridiculus. Arikadox combod me like hell whenever it startet lagging. But whatever, who am I complaining to.

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
Who is paboru? a black sheik, im brad, the red ganondorf LoL, he rage quit! xDbecause a reverse aerial warlock ;)

Judo777

Smash Master
I see alot of Sheiks using Gale custom up b. Am I the only one that thinks that Vanish is quite a bit better?

Judo777

Smash Master
._. I haven't change my avatar in a while. What did you think I change it to?

On a unrelated note I wish we could make our avatar's gif. When @ Judo777 Judo777 called for the power of Tristan I really wanted to post everything he wanted with a gif of

....but I don't think trying to get frame data from the 3ds is worth it/I don't have the means. I also fear that the wiiu version could be slightly different.
Lol that would have been the most amazing thing ever.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Hey guys! I'll be participating in an online Smash 4 Invitational with a $250 pot bonus tomorrow (11/6/14) on VGBootcamp's livestream starting at 5:30pm EST. There were 16 top players invited and I was lucky enough to be included this time around!

I figured I should let you guys know in case you wanted to watch. =) I'll be using DK and Sheik. Just gotta find out if I want to use customs or not and in which matchups to use which character. Any suggestions would be appreciated and I'll take them into consideration during my sets!!! Thanks.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I've come from the Palutena threads with the intention of picking up Sheik as a second main~ The stuff in this thread is really cool~

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Hey, I've come from the Palutena threads with the intention of picking up Sheik as a second main~ The stuff in this thread is really cool~
Great to have another ninja :)!

I guess the first thing you should know (if you don't already) is that Sheik is a lot faster than Palutena.

For juggling, typically d-throw is quite effective if you land a grab. Depending on where the opponent is, it can transition well into her u-air or f-air juggles.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Great to have another ninja :)!

I guess the first thing you should know (if you don't already) is that Sheik is a lot faster than Palutena.

For juggling, typically d-throw is quite effective if you land a grab. Depending on where the opponent is, it can transition well into her u-air or f-air juggles.
Yep! Speed is one of the reasons I like her in the first place :p As for the d-throw follow ups into fair and uair... that's the same as Palutena :p

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Yep! Speed is one of the reasons I like her in the first place :p As for the d-throw follow ups into fair and uair... that's the same as Palutena :p
I recommend you practice in Training to get a feel for the spacing of her moves and how they work, and once you know that you can practice online with a sparring partner or in For Glory.

If you need any help, you can always ask in this thread. Oh, I also recommend checking out "The Sheik Compendium of Advanced Techniques, Combos, and Tricks" thread!

Good luck!

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Hey guys, posted some replays of my sheik in the video thread. I figured some stuff out since then, but any advice is still very much welcome.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys ! I've been lurking this board for a while now so I think it's about time to introduce myself lol.
I'm 23 and from France ! Previously a Zelda mainer in SSBB (Best I did was winning against Ally (low tiers tournament) at an international tourney), I played MK in the last 2 years of the game since playing Zelda was like fisting myself with a sword in the end =D ...
Since I hate Zelda's playstyle in Sm4sh, I main Sheik and actually it's the only character that interessed me in the gameplay, I love her.
See ya in an other thread !

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Hey guys, posted some replays of my sheik in the video thread. I figured some stuff out since then, but any advice is still very much welcome.
Cool. I'll take a look at these and give some feedback when I get home.

And welcome to the Sheik boards JuJux! Always good to see a new face. If you have any questions to do with Sheik don't be afraid to ask.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hi guys ! I've been lurking this board for a while now so I think it's about time to introduce myself lol.
I'm 23 and from France ! Previously a Zelda mainer in SSBB (Best I did was winning against Ally (low tiers tournament) at an international tourney), I played MK in the last 2 years of the game since playing Zelda was like fisting myself with a sword in the end =D ...
Since I hate Zelda's playstyle in Sm4sh, I main Sheik and actually it's the only character that interessed me in the gameplay, I love her.
See ya in an other thread !
Holy **** its Jujux!! Hey bro! How's it been?! I always enjoyed checking out your Zelda, since there was really limited stuff out there for me to see. Missed ya from the old Zelda brawl boards.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This is probably off-topic and too trivial, but I'm curious to know which costume do you guys like the most?

Personally I love the yellow one, almost never play without it.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
This is probably off-topic and too trivial, but I'm curious to know which costume do you guys like the most?

Personally I love the yellow one, almost never play without it.
I made a thread about this, it's got a poll and everything. My favourite is green.

Dyce

Smash Cadet
Any viable uses for Sheik's burst grenade other than the typical edgeguarding and nade cancels? I've often use the nades to bait my opponents. There are also moments where I throw a nade, the opponent dashes, and I use a bouncing fish to punish.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
Any viable uses for Sheik's burst grenade other than the typical edgeguarding and nade cancels? I've often use the nades to bait my opponents. There are also moments where I throw a nade, the opponent dashes, and I use a bouncing fish to punish.
Not really, I've used it to punish obvious spam from things like elfire before (bounce it off the fire so it explodes immediately) but it's still not the greatest when you could just BF over. I'd stick to doing what you're doing unless you feel like developing the nade way more than anyone thinks is necessary. :D

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Not really, I've used it to punish obvious spam from things like elfire before (bounce it off the fire so it explodes immediately) but it's still not the greatest when you could just BF over. I'd stick to doing what you're doing unless you feel like developing the nade way more than anyone thinks is necessary. :D
I agree, the nade is just very situational. It does go a lot further at maximum length if you throw it from the air though, so there's that.

?.?

Smash Journeyman
I agree, the nade is just very situational. It does go a lot further at maximum length if you throw it from the air though, so there's that.
That is true, although the only time this is really that useful is edge guarding and he asked for other uses. I thought of a use actually just now that I've used it as before... On Arena Ferox normal if you use the grenade at the right height (your neck in one of the platforms) it'll simply pop up right in front of you and do it's thing... This happens because the platforms are objects and it can't go through them... Again very situational. Favorite thing ever is BF shenanigans on Ferox Normal lol.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
Lets have some fun....
I ended up with 61.5
Has this anything to do with Sheik? Whatever, I was curious, so I just thought about OoT Sheik (not Smash Sheik). She would get 0. probably.

26$... :/ If I had to stack the "Fell asleep in class" I'd be somewhere round 100$.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I got $35, don't understand what I'm supposed to do with it though lol

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Has this anything to do with Sheik? Whatever, I was curious, so I just thought about OoT Sheik (not Smash Sheik). She would get 0. probably.

26$... :/ If I had to stack the "Fell asleep in class" I'd be somewhere round 100$.
It has nothing what so ever to do with Sheik, which is why it is in the social thread.

$66.50

Oh god if things stacked.
If it stacked I think everyone over 20 that isn't still living with their parents would have to sit down with a pen and paper for an hour.

I got $35, don't understand what I'm supposed to do with it though lol
Nothing, it is just for fun.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
So I finally started playing the game because the WiiU version is out now and I think Sheik is still really freakin' good.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I picked up the Wii U version today and have been Marathoning it with friends. We've played two tournaments between all of us and they've been super clutch, but I managed to win both maining Sheik.

I could sort of feel the nerfs, but I just adapted to using Bair more and getting deep off stage bouncing fish. First time I've ever lost in winners and crushed back through losers to take the thing, which was pretty sweet.

There's going to be a tourney in my town soon that I hope to win, so if I can manage that I'll come back here with how it went.

As for the one I just finished the finals were my Sheik vs my friends Rosalina. Really really tough game. Am I right in thinking needles basically don't work when Luma is out? that's how it seemed mostly. A few of my kills had to come from hard reads, but Sheik definitely still seems solid.

I managed to win a round by Bouncing Fish in reaction to Luma Shoot, and bouncing off Rosalina, then Luma, then Rosalina again, which was pretty hype. I'll try and get video up of it.

Did DACUS really get removed though? That's too bad

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I managed to win a round by Bouncing Fish in reaction to Luma Shoot, and bouncing off Rosalina, then Luma, then Rosalina again, which was pretty hype. I'll try and get video up of it.
I'd love to see this, it must have been pretty funny.
And good luck with your tourney!

Top Bottom