• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian(Diddy) vs Mew2King(Metaknight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

white peachy

Smash Ace
Some of you guys are going way too crazy over this XD it's just a friendly.
That said good stuff Hylian I liked your patience with diddy and I thought your spacing was very good which is uber important vs metaknight and super metaknight aka m2k.:)

ADHD

Smash Hero
Thanks.

I'm pretty inconsistent with diddy though. I need to work on that :/. I stopped dribbling everywhere for no reason though lol.

Also, I only beat him on FD >_<. M2K 3 stocked me on BF LOL.
Yeah, you admitted it.

Binx

Smash Master
I'm really surprised that no one knows how good Hylian is lol. He's not M2K but he is really **** good at brawl. It kind of seemed to me that he stopped using some effective mix ups about half way through the match and got a little more predictable, also M2K had stepped up the aggression by then and gotten control of the stage, it was a really fun match to watch though. Diddy is a beast, and so is Hylian and M2K.

JuniorMints

Smash Cadet
in that vid, your diddy's playstyle is extremely different from any diddy ive ever seen. its not fast, but its accurate. you dont waste too many attacks hitting nothing. but it was friendlies you could def tell that!

Irsic

Smash Ace
Sandbagging is the act of playing crappily or drastically changing your playstyle for a match / or couple of matches to trick the opposing player into thinking that you're worse than you actually are, so they get accustomed to that or go stupid easy on you.

That way in the following matches you can continue to wtflol pwn their ***** while they're all like "man wtf...I thought he sucked."

Sandbagging.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
Sandbagging is the act of playing crappily or drastically changing your playstyle for a match / or couple of matches to trick the opposing player into thinking that you're worse than you actually are, so they get accustomed to that or go stupid easy on you.

That way in the following matches you can continue to wtflol pwn their ***** while they're all like "man wtf...I thought he sucked."

Sandbagging.
So sandbagging is like what you do before conning someone basically? I see.

Binx

Smash Master
Sandbagging is just not trying hard, or sometimes its actually trying to lose, it's not to trick your opponent it's because your lazy or you are testing new things out and don't care if you win. He's wrong.

Like in melee if I was really, really tired or something or maybe bored, I would do stupid crap like chase people off the edge at bad times, or maybe use a lot more smash attacks, just think less overall, end tech chases early with smashes as opposed to getting in more grabs so that I don't have to go through the effort of predicting a tech more than once in a row. I rarely if ever sandbag though.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Sandbagging is just not trying hard, or sometimes its actually trying to lose, it's not to trick your opponent it's because your lazy or you are testing new things out and don't care if you win. He's wrong.

Like in melee if I was really, really tired or something or maybe bored, I would do stupid crap like chase people off the edge at bad times, or maybe use a lot more smash attacks, just think less overall, end tech chases early with smashes as opposed to getting in more grabs so that I don't have to go through the effort of predicting a tech more than once in a row. I rarely if ever sandbag though.
Seriously?

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
They could have just replaced M2K with the actual Sandbag model in that match, he clearly was just joking around.

TomTom

Smash Cadet
To quote SmashWiki:

Sandbagging is the act of playing poorly on purpose. Most of the time, players sandbag in friendly matches to keep others from learning their style, or to be allowed into easier divisions for tournaments. Other times, in professional matches, when a small amount of money is on the line, players sandbag in hopes of winning more money at a later time.
Credit to Hylian, MK made mistakes but Hylian dominated throughout in my opinion.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I didn't ask what Sandbagging for yall to dog on Hylian...>_>
M2K played and got beat by Hylian just cause you guys cant beat M2K doesn't mean someone else cant...
(idk really know if yall can or cant)
But give Hylian his credit it may have been a friendly and it may have seemed like he was sandbagging but it matters not.
I believe Hylian wanted to show us his diddy skillz.
So maybe the comments should foucus on him and not M2K's MK?

Oh and thanx everyone for explaining sandbagging to meh...

:O

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Have you ever played my diddy?

How exactly do you know how good it is? I'm pretty sure I've never played you.

Also, thanks everyone. Keep in mind that M2K can beat my diddy consistantly lol. He also beat me consistantly as a player, but playing him for hours on end I was able to take matches off of him.

Also, M2K doesn't really sandbag in friendlies. Ask him yourself.
i think you took that a little to personally xD

ninja links diddy is good. teh spammers diddy is good. atomsks is worth a honorable mention. <3

if you think youre diddy is on that level then i think you have a slight ego problem :lick:

based off of the vid (wich is what this thread is about. you made the topic, so chromes post seemed fine to me)
id say that youre diddy isnt even as good as AZ, and his is considered okay (at least from what ive seen result wise and heard from other players on the EC. if he comes to a nj tourny i want to play him though :)).

you youreself know that m2k was complete garbage beyond all recognition in that video. both of us have played him and seen him play.
idk why he was playing like that. and honestly the only reason i think its him and not a fake is because if it wasnt he probably wouldve said something a while ago.

he plays nothing like that and you know it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

my post seems rough just because i sound harsh on the internet. so dont take it as me trying to start with anyone as people sometimes do. i just wanted to point out that based off of this video, in comparison to other diddy's youres seems okay.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i think you took that a little to personally xD

ninja links diddy is good. teh spammers diddy is good. atomsks is worth a honorable mention. <3

if you think youre diddy is on that level then i think you have a slight ego problem :lick:

based off of the vid (wich is what this thread is about. you made the topic, so chromes post seemed fine to me)
id say that youre diddy isnt even as good as AZ, and his is considered okay (at least from what ive seen result wise and heard from other players on the EC. if he comes to a nj tourny i want to play him though :)).

you youreself know that m2k was complete garbage beyond all recognition in that video. both of us have played him and seen him play.
idk why he was playing like that. and honestly the only reason i think its him and not a fake is because if it wasnt he probably wouldve said something a while ago.

he plays nothing like that and you know it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

my post seems rough just because i sound harsh on the internet. so dont take it as me trying to start with anyone as people sometimes do. i just wanted to point out that based off of this video, in comparison to other diddy's youres seems okay.
So, if I think that my diddy is on the level of NL/Tehspamerer then I have a big ego? Even though I've never said or implied anything of the sort?

It's funny that you bring up AZ(<3AZ) because several people have personally told me that they thought my diddy is much better then his...I personally think it's stupid to try and judge skill from videos, especially in a game like brawl. I don't know how anyone could compare me to AZ without playing both of us.

The only way to judge skill in videos is by seeing how well someone does against a player of a well known skill level. Generally, if you see a video of two players you haven't played then you won't be able to grasp how good they actually are. All you can do is observe how well they preform things technically(which in brawl...isn't hard). But if you see a video of a random player taking a tournament match off say..Azen then you are able to judge his relative skill level because everyone knows how good Azen is.

Now, the jist of what I'm trying to say is that your post was ****ing ********. You just said you thought my diddy was "ok" based off of me beating M2K in a friendly. Like I said earlier, the only way to tell skill in a video is to compare it to a person you have played or a well known player. Judging on technical aspects holds no merit. So your claims are invalid. You haven't played me. So since this isn't a tournament match, don't judge please.

Some notes:
1. I've never said my diddy was amazing. Just that your claims are invalid due to the fact that skill can't be determined through videos aside from comparison.

2. I've never compared how good I am with diddy to any other player. I don't believe(or know rather) how good I am compared to any other diddy player except the ones I've played. I know Nanerz and NL are better then me due to tournament results and how they do against well known players. I don't know how I compare to any other diddy that I haven't played, nor do I really care for that matter.

3. There have been pretty much ZERO constructive posts in this topic. No one has said: "Hey, lets see what M2K did wrong and why he lost" Instead, the thread is just filled with "Lol he was sandbagging". It's painful to read.(Well I take this one back. Apply it to whoever posted this in the MK boards lol)

I don't know how you could say M2K was playing so horribly without directly insulting me. I played him for hours. It isn't unresonable to think he could lose a match every now and then when playing the same person for hours. Saying he wasn't trying is insulting though.

My last point:

THIS WAS A FRIENDLY. WHO CARES IF ANYBODY WAS SANDBAGGING. WHO CARES WHO WON? JESUS. People need to chill out and just enjoy the match. Friendlies don't mean anything.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
So, if I think that my diddy is on the level of NL/Tehspamerer then I have a big ego? Even though I've never said or implied anything of the sort?
im saying that those are GOOD diddys. and you kinda imply that youre diddy is good, because you get uber sensitive when chrom said it was okay. and good for me is NL/spam. i havent seen youre diddy perform like theres XD

It's funny that you bring up AZ(<3AZ) because several people have personally told me that they thought my diddy is much better then his...I personally think it's stupid to try and judge skill from videos, especially in a game like brawl. I don't know how anyone could compare me to AZ without playing both of us.
if you dont want people to judge you in videos, then ask that they dont be uploaded like m2k. posting this vid is, either you will get
"M2K was sandbagging, zomg, llololol"
or
"youre diddy is xyz"

edit: if i was actually judging you from friendlies i would call you garbz to losing to inuis ganondorf with falco XD

im not treating youre vid special or anything. if anyone posted this no matter who was playing in it i just post my thoughts

im just posting my thoughts on what i saw :)

Now, the jist of what I'm trying to say is that your post was ****ing ********. You just said you thought my diddy was "ok" based off of me beating M2K in a friendly. Like I said earlier, the only way to tell skill in a video is to compare it to a person you have played or a well known player. Judging on technical aspects holds no merit. So your claims are invalid. You haven't played me. So since this isn't a tournament match, don't judge please.
if you dont want people to judge you or the match then i honestly wouldnt put it up.

and it wasnt just off of technical merits. m2k kept running into the same thing and made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many stupid mistakes.

3. There have been pretty much ZERO constructive posts in this topic. No one has said: "Hey, lets see what M2K did wrong and why he lost" Instead, the thread is just filled with "Lol he was sandbagging". It's painful to read.(Well I take this one back. Apply it to whoever posted this in the MK boards lol)
then i would be judging the match :(

but because you asked that time. he lost because he kept running into the same thing, and decided to be stupid recovering. wahootz? wait i just repeated myslef :dizzy:

I don't know how you could say M2K was playing so horribly without directly insulting me. I played him for hours. It isn't unresonable to think he could lose a match every now and then when playing the same person for hours. Saying he wasn't trying is insulting though.
i didnt say he wasnt trying. i said he played like garbz in that match. is it unreasonable to think you could get a match off him? no. my first time playing m2k i got a match off of pure luck from him for a dollar (especially because i was GARBZ at the time), 2 stocking his dedede with falcon. people make mistakes. Everyone. even m2k.

i just think this is one of those matches xD

edit: im treating this vid as if anyone posted it. im not really giving it special treatment or anything. if you and m2k were random people, i would say bad mk, and the diddy was okay. i just post what i see being purely unbiased.

if i wanted to judge off of friendlies i would call you garbz for losing to inuis ganondorf in a friendly XD

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You need to get your facts straight. I don't even need to pick apart that post lmao.

Oh, and I've never played Inui's Ganondorf before(I'm pretty sure he doesn't even play Ganondorf...) So I have no idea what you are talking about.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
You need to get your facts straight. I don't even need to pick apart that post lmao.

Oh, and I've never played Inui's Ganondorf before(I'm pretty sure he doesn't even play Ganondorf...) So I have no idea what you are talking about.
Dont worry about it Hylian, its kool man. :)

And btw, who is "Teh Spammer"??? Sorry I don't watch too many brawl vids :p

-advent-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My last point:

THIS WAS A FRIENDLY. WHO CARES IF ANYBODY WAS SANDBAGGING. WHO CARES WHO WON? JESUS. People need to chill out and just enjoy the match. Friendlies don't mean anything.
Quiet you. The fan boys are arguing.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

I swear there was some thread where everyone was bashing inuis brainz out, and somehow him beating youre falco with ganon in a friendly came up XD
that doesnt really matter that much, the point was is that im not taking the friendly That seriously. just based off of what i saw thats what i feel, thats about as far as i take anything on smashboards...

LeThien. if this is the post youre referring to
Le_THieN said:
Look here, kids – we get it. We know that M2K looks a little bit on the garbage side because of some of the questionable decision-making made on one particular end of the match. The fact of the matter, though, is that it is not necessary to point that out every ****ing comment. We all know M2K is amazing, but even he is allotted times where he commits follies rooted in human error, just like everyone else.

Also, calling into question the composition of the match-up by even theorizing that he was sandbagging not only discredits Hylian's performance (which, by the way, was very well done), but also places emphasis completely on all the wrong aspects of the match. Who cares how bad the opponents are? The focus of this video in a Diddy Kong Forum is – wait for it – Diddy Kong and Hylian's respective performance. Yeah, M2K made a couple of goofball decisions, but, um, so does everyone else.
then it actually makes me want to post that more. XD
since when is there some invisible rule that you cant talk about both players and characters in a video discussion. theyre equally important, and its not off topic.
not saying that the mk played like garbz, regardless of who it is is like ignoring half of the match so that somebodys feelings doesnt get hurt or some other garbage XD

if i upload vids of me beating my little sis, a lvl 1, thiocyanide or some other nonsense and posted the video then i would expect someone to point out that im playing someone that doesnt know what theyre doing atm xD

people talk about worse things and go more off topic in character forums than talking about what the other character is doing.

Le_THieN said:
Important things that you all ought to be observing are how Hylian shrewdly positions himself in order to checkmate M2K in three moves on that beautiful first stock; or how he efficiently deploys every attack in Diddy's move set at least once in order to take complete advantage of M2K's early one-stock deficit (which, unfortunately, is more than I can say about the majority of videos I've seen here from actual Diddy mains). All in all, Hylian did a pretty ****ing sweet job at maximizing presented opportunities and minimizing damage taken to the point where it stalled out M2K's woulda-been comebacks a couple of times. As well all know, it really does not take much for Meta Knight to overcome another character's stock lead, but Hylian was pretty diligent in keeping the momentum teetering on the edge before it completely fell back into M2K's column.
in other words lets just praise hylians diddy. im sorry i posted something that discredited you win slightly :(
if i posted the same vid with any of the chars i play i would expect someone to do the same

ADHD

Smash Hero
Dont worry about it Hylian, its kool man. :)

And btw, who is "Teh Spammer"??? Sorry I don't watch too many brawl vids :p

-advent-
He's a beast player in NJ that places really high, his sheik was so sick in melee XD

Hylian, I'm going to ask you why you posted this video. Did you want to show your diddy? Do you want constructive critism at all or did you just want mew2king's name in the title because if you wanted us to talk about it you would have posted more videos.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I don't understand why you guys are putting Hylian and Mew2King on trial here.

Hylian records a video with M2K.

Hylian thinks 'Hey, maybe the Diddy forums might be interested in seeing a friendly between M2K and I'.

Ergo, the video that's been posted. I don't want to put words into Hylian's mouth, and he's very free to correct me, but there's no personal gain, or at least, I don't think Hylian was expecting any criticism or anything.

It's just a match with the world's best MK. Take it for what it is.

Count

Smash Champion

Hylian thinks 'Hey, maybe the Diddy forums might be interested in seeing a friendly between M2K and I'.

Ergo, the video that's been posted. I don't want to put words into Hylian's mouth, and he's very free to correct me, but there's no personal gain, or at least, I don't think Hylian was expecting any criticism or anything.

Quoted for emphasis.

Either give hylian critique if he wants it, or comment positively on the match. There is no reason to belittle hylian.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

This. I have a ton of video's uploded onto that youtube account (over 200) Why wouldn't I put up a match with M2K? Last time I put up videos of my diddy I had only been playing him for a few days.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I might main diddy >_>

He can disrupt MK flow almost as good as Snake.
I've been using him for a few days now.
Still getting use to GTing but cant really dribble like I wanna...
I like your Diddy Hylian from what I've seen he seems really good!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
if i knew you were going to put the match online i would have played seriously or saved the other one >_>. I was taking it as just a random friendly with no importance since we would play many all night. If you would tell me beforehand that you're going to put them online, I would play seriously, otherwise there's nothing to discuss about a random match. You should probably take it down, then next time I go to TX, I'll play tons of friendlies with you knowing that information beforehand.

edit - actually I'll play tons of friendlies but I don't want anything online actually lol, almost forgot how easy brawl is to copy things.

ADHD

Smash Hero
if i knew you were going to put the match online i would have played seriously or saved the other one >_>. I was taking it as just a random friendly with no importance since we would play many all night. If you would tell me beforehand that you're going to put them online, I would play seriously, otherwise there's nothing to discuss about a random match. You should probably take it down, then next time I go to TX, I'll play tons of friendlies with you knowing that information beforehand.

edit - actually I'll play tons of friendlies but I don't want anything online actually lol, almost forgot how easy brawl is to copy things.
XD and there you have it

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just close this AZ. People don't know how to take a friendly for what it's worth :/.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh look M2k wasn't having a bad game as you suggested, he just wasn't playing seriously.

Hylian is so full of ****.

Though <3 his IC and Falco.
Right, because I haven't said friendlies are worthless several times:

Hylian said:

Count

Smash Champion
Leave Hylian alone, somebody close this thread.

Hylian, you own. I am pumping you up since all of these people have brought you down <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom