• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
BSP/Soup not aligned.

You need to drop this passive idea right now.
BSP null

I really hated his comment and how he's just willing to appeal to me after I hypothetically held him at gun point, his lack of defense for himself bothered me greatly. Vinyl. seems fine for now, not really anything amazing and Badwolf lurking like this is something I've been side-eyeing.
Soup over-eager, slight scum lean

Terywj, I see you reading this.

Give me a sentence or two on your opinions of at least two players currently talking.
Riddle town

Okay, but what exactly for? You're just gonna stay put until you see something interesting?
Vinyl scum-lean

Kary, truce until the end of Day 2? Be the wall I can use to bounce ideas off of. I work better when I can talk.
Ryker town, yeah fine, what do you want to know?

Everything is null to me, as I'm considering this a RVS phase to precede the RVS phase...
....I'm mostly taking everything here in this buy phase with a grain of salt until the actual game begins.
Tery sets off obvscumdar, likely town

KevinM has offered 2000 J for the priceless card. Does someone offer a higher amount?
KevinM presumably wins auction like a boss, town

Almost forgot Joker posted. Poss. scum, but no-one push him or he will flail.

quotes not necessarily the source of reads

Right, glad we finished RVS

@Vinyl: who is scummiest right now?

@Terywj: who is towniest right now?

@Riddle: you will get frustrated at my playstyle and read me incorrectly Y/N?

Scumteam: Frozen/Soup/[redacted]

:secretkpop:

Riddle

Smash Lord
Riddle, What I want to know is why you feel it's so damn important. I see you talking about, I see you telling me that's it's important, but I don't understand your huge emphasis about it. You told me that we could possibly scumhunt off of it, so tell me what kind of things will be telling for you in that case. How do you feel about the people signing up for the minigame?
I don't feel that it's that important. It's something to talk about certainly, and not something that I think can be ignored, but I don't know where you're getting the huge emphasis part.. I've really only talked about it with you, and only for a little bit.

My full (condensed) opinion on the Card matter: The Card system may be important later in the game when we have more information (what the cards do, who has used them or claims to have used them, etc.). They should not be written off as a gimmick, and they should not be ignored, but right now there's probably not much that we can gain from them.

In terms of people signing up for the minigame, it makes a lot of sense to me. The rewards are pretty major just in a purely mathematical sense and it's in everybody's best interest to keep the rewards away from the opposing faction. Since the minigame is essentially random and the entry is cheap, there's almost no reason not to sign up. Why do you ask? Do you have a different opinion?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Kary said:
@Riddle: you will get frustrated at my playstyle and read me incorrectly Y/N?
No idea, you've posted once. It's certainly possible that I will get frustrated at your playstyle, but I doubt that it will specifically cause me to misread you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Cool. What is the most likely cause of you misreading me; i.e. if you were to misread someone, what would you say would be the most typical reason for that?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Cool. What is the most likely cause of you misreading me; i.e. if you were to misread someone, what would you say would be the most typical reason for that?
I'm not sure that I've played mafia recently enough to answer that accurately. Excessive caution has probably been my biggest flaw in past scumhunting though.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm asking if you can give out reads, not want. And the reason why I ask is so I and maybe even others can clarify things Scumhunting related.

Pretty much it.
Why did you ask me though? Why not anyone else?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Riddle: Cool.

I can see being cautious getting in the way of your scumhunting; I'm not sure it is likely to make you misread someone. Is it fair to say then that you typically don't have very strong reads?

Riddle

Smash Lord
@Riddle: Cool.

I can see being cautious getting in the way of your scumhunting; I'm not sure it is likely to make you misread someone. Is it fair to say then that you typically don't have very strong reads?
It is.

Why the scum lean on FF?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Why did you ask me though? Why not anyone else?
I already told you, so I and others can clarify things. I'm not sure why you're asking a question when anyone, even you, ask for reads. Do you want me to ask others? And can you tell me why?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
@Riddle

Well, I said I wasn't too fond of the buying card stuff. Thiis is the first time I've been on a game with some mechanic I find bit weird. Hence why I got confused when soup voted, and I thought buy phase was D1.

I only agree with soup because I think there's talk about in reference to cards unless they have something more to it.
I think it's like playing mafia with Pokemon cards, going like this:

"hey did you get ivysaur"

"yeah, I did"

"why?"

"because........idk, he's cool and stuff"
This was the response I gave ya.

BSP

Smash Legend
I already told you, so I and others can clarify things. I'm not sure why you're asking a question when anyone, even you, ask for reads. Do you want me to ask others? And can you tell me why?
I don't like the fact that you asked me under the context we were in.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Riddle:

If I tell you the reasoning for my FF read, it may affect his behaviour. I want to see if he does the same thing again before I point it out. So, ask me again later, ok? Rest assured there is something.

Given that it's fair to say your reads aren't that strong, how vocal are you about your reads, do you tend to keep them close to your chest or put them out there for people to work with?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Is this statement due to him blowing off this whole read to make one useless comment about nothing even though the game progressed?

Because that's my reasoning.

Talk to me about it.
It's him blowing off everything and then saying my read on him shouldn't be trusted and then saying that everything that's been said is useless.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't see how that's scum-lean, but okay.

The scummiest right now has yet to be determined after the buy phase is over. I'll be clarifyfing why afterwards.
@Vinyl: this is a terrible response :ohwell:

Or, are you trying to say something along the lines of what I was saying about FF?

If I tell you the reasoning for my FF read, it may affect his behaviour. I want to see if he does the same thing again before I point it out. So, ask me again later, ok? Rest assured there is something.
Y/N?

Riddle

Smash Lord
@Riddle:

Given that it's fair to say your reads aren't that strong, how vocal are you about your reads, do you tend to keep them close to your chest or put them out there for people to work with?
Okay. Making a note.

It's really important for everybody to share reads as much as possible in mafia, and so I'll do my best to let everybody know how I'm thinking. That being said, it'll likely take me a while to have a concrete opinion about most of the game and so you may only get my reads on 4/5 people early on in the game.

@Vinyl: I'm just going to trust that my most recent posts on Cards covered everything unless you have any specific questions.

I'm getting a feeling from your posts that you are trying hard to avoid conflict. There's something about your way of interacting people that is giving me a somewhat scummy vibe. Posts like this:
Vinyl said:
You don't have to though; I'm only curious on how this card stuff works if it really is that important.
make it appear to me that your objective is to appear active/generally helpful/pro-town rather than to gain information and find scum.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't like the fact that you asked me under the context we were in.
The dispute between you and soup and ryker? There is nothing in reference to it. Is that why you dislike that?

Also, you didn't answer my question.

Do you want me to ask others for reads? Why?

BSP

Smash Legend
The post didn't need to have direct reference, I'm looking at the when. And yes to that first question.

Second question: I'm not worried about you asking others for reads right now. I'm just trying to look into why you asked me when you did. Yes, I know you gave me a reason.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm getting a feeling from your posts that you are trying hard to avoid conflict. There's something about your way of interacting people that is giving me a somewhat scummy vibe. Posts like this:

make it appear to me that your objective is to appear active/generally helpful/pro-town rather than to gain information and find scum.
Nah, the conflict right now is literally something I don't think I have intentions of questioning since it's a back and forth talk. The only thing that caught me is when BSP stated that soup is something to look into based on that vote by soup.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ok. Last question @Riddle: what did you think of my initial reads in #161? Do you agree? Anything that stuck out to you particularly? (other than viz. FF)

Vote: BSP

i'll be back when votes count I guess. Ciao for now.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The post didn't need to have direct reference, I'm looking at the when. And yes to that first question.[/question]

You're gonna have to explain a bit more on that. Because I don't think there's a problem with asking reads at any moment unless constantly being asked otherwise.

Second question: I'm not worried about you asking others for reads right now. I'm just trying to look into why you asked me when you did. Yes, I know you gave me a reason.
So you curiously asked that question?

BSP

Smash Legend
EBWOP:

BSP said:
I've already said what I think about you putting me in this position. I think you're going off of nothing and looking for my reaction. I'm guessing you're not satisfied since you keep asking me things. Regardless, you're just trying to check my slot. While I do think you're reaching, I'll give you a null-town for now, as you are trying to get things moving I guess.
This was my last opinion regarding No Lynch's slot.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Nah, the conflict right now is literally something I don't think I have intentions of questioning since it's a back and forth talk. The only thing that caught me is when BSP stated that soup is something to look into based on that vote by soup.
I don't even understand what you're saying, but whatever. Step up the information-gathering. I appreciate the activity, but be more assertive. For now I'm leaning scum for you, but it could just as well be inexperience, I unfortunately have no meta on anybody in the game essentially.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Kary said:
Ok. Last question @Riddle: what did you think of my initial reads in #161? Do you agree? Anything that stuck out to you particularly? (other than viz. FF)
I agree with your reads on Vinyl (slightly scummy), BSP (null), and me (town ;)). I'm curious about your reasoning on some of your other reads (Joker, Terywj), but not overly so. It's too early and enough will change between the day actually starting and now that I don't feel like much else is worth talking about as far as your reads go.

I'm also wondering how you went from null on BSP to "voting" him.

I'm heading off to bed. Happy scumhunting, I'll see you all tomorrow.

BSP

Smash Legend
You're gonna have to explain a bit more on that. Because I don't think there's a problem with asking reads at any moment unless constantly being asked otherwise.

I don't like the fact that you asked me for the most information while I was the center of attention. You prodded the people that were lurking (Badwolf and Tery), but you only asked me for reads + explanations. It's not sitting well with me.

So you curiously asked that question?
It was to go along with my first question regarding why you were asking me specifically.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't even understand what you're saying, but whatever. Step up the information-gathering. I appreciate the activity, but be more assertive. For now I'm leaning scum for you, but it could just as well be inexperience, I unfortunately have no meta on anybody in the game essentially.
I'll try step it up a notch instead of doing one-liners then. I do think I can agree with that stuff.

BSP

Smash Legend
Vinyl, if you look, you'll notice any instance of me saying we should look into No Lynch would be because he shot me this fast.

I never said we should look into him outside of that hypothetical situation

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't like the fact that you asked me for the most information while I was the center of attention. You prodded the people that were lurking (Badwolf and Tery), but you only asked me for reads + explanations. It's not sitting well with me.
The fact that you're now making a big deal on reads gives me more a of a reason to suspect you.mI don't think I've demanded you for reads, I asked you if you want reads. You could say "later" and I'll be fine with that, but the fact that you actually started coming upon it at this point is pretty poor.

I'm only asking questions to help this out a little more. How is that not sitting well with you?

It was to go along with my first question regarding why you were asking me specifically.
Because it's only a question that you can answer to clarify things.

BSP

Smash Legend
The fact that you're now making a big deal on reads gives me more a of a reason to suspect you.mI don't think I've demanded you for reads, I asked you if you want reads. You could say "later" and I'll be fine with that, but the fact that you actually started coming upon it at this point is pretty poor.

I'm only asking questions to help this out a little more. How is that not sitting well with you?
I think you're trying to paint me in a bad light, and the fact that you're trying to show that I contradicted myself with this hypothetical gun situation is attesting to it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hypothetical situation yet you're sincere that it would give town looking into him overall?

===
I'm pretty done for now so I'll be back later.

*via wiinet

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am probably going to vig FF tonight.
Man, you're gunning for scum MVP right out of the gates!

lol @ saying I "blew everything off". I answered your question brah, just because it isn't an answer you liked doesn't mean I blew you off. Stay salty. Also, the notion that anyone has had any legitimate case on anyone so far that was actually worth consideration is ludicrous. Call me when the whole "let's make **** out of nothing" phase is over

Top Bottom