• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Handorin

Smash Hero
Guys, why are you making me reading 5 pages of garbage? We can't even vote or do anything until this buy phase is over, unless it ended and the title wasn't updated.... I guess I can read it in the morning.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
"The game hasn't officially started, but everyone knows their roles and can talk, it's still absolute garbage and I will ignore it even though people are trying to play seriously."

"Stop making me do thingssss!"

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Ryker said:
It's him blowing off everything and then saying my read on him shouldn't be trusted and then saying that everything that's been said is useless.
I agree fully.

Zen's a butt.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
In the meantime, Kary, I want to get to you, but for now, why is KevMo winning the auction a town tell?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Cool, I'll be coming back to you for at least the first two days.

Orbo, how active are you going to be this game?
Active as I can be, which still won't be as active as you or soup. I will have a few hours to kill at the college two days a week.
I'm just gonna sit here.
please don't.
Everything is null to me, as I'm considering this a RVS phase to precede the RVS phase. This additional gimmick mechanic of buying and using cards, the various cards themselves, and the minigames / currency should not have / hold any effect onto the game, and merely serve as a side addition, as a couple of you have said. It just wastes time knowing that there is no verification of anything. That said, I have spent quite some time away from this game and will be going off reads purely from this game, as I hardly recall playstyles / mannerisms playing with you people in the past, but I'm mostly taking everything here in this buy phase with a grain of salt until the actual game begins.
Guys, why are you making me reading 5 pages of garbage? We can't even vote or do anything until this buy phase is over, unless it ended and the title wasn't updated.... I guess I can read it in the morning.
Like soup said, people know their alignments and can drop tells. Gonna reread this a little more fully while deciding what, if anything, to buy.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Btw can we lynch no use Tery as soon as the day starts?

Like literally don't let him post

ScumDumbDead

unghhhhh

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
"The game hasn't officially started, but everyone knows their roles and can talk, it's still absolute garbage and I will ignore it even though people are trying to play seriously."

"Stop making me do thingssss!"
You're mistaking the cause for my attitude. It isn't the fact that "the game hasn't officially started". It's the fact that no one has made any sort of substantial case or done anything that is really worth serious consideration.

Just because the fact that people are just bickering about nothing overlaps with the fact that no one can vote doesn't mean that the reason I think there's nothing really to comment on right now is a result of us not being able to vote. They're just *gasp* coincidental! Though, I will say that probably a contributing factor to the low level of importance of everything that has been said so far is partially a result of people not being able to vote, so there is a slight possibility of causality in that sense.

durrrrrr logic is hard

So yeah, it's not "stop making me do things!" its, "Stop calling me scum for not wanting to waste my time dissecting useless bickering that would result in a reaching case at best."

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Frozenflame751 said:
You're mistaking the cause for my attitude. It isn't the fact that "the game hasn't officially started". It's the fact that no one has made any sort of substantial case or done anything that is really worth serious consideration.
Are you really just waiting for someone to give you something like that before you want to even consider legitimately getting into this game? What do you think about everything that's been said so far?

Just because the fact that people are just bickering about nothing overlaps with the fact that no one can vote doesn't mean that the reason I think there's nothing really to comment on right now is a result of us not being able to vote. They're just *gasp* coincidental! Though, I will say that probably a contributing factor to the low level of importance of everything that has been said so far is partially a result of people not being able to vote, so there is a slight possibility of causality in that sense.
Understandable, votes are important and there's not really any way to inherently pressure someone without a cause.

So yeah, it's not "stop making me do things!" its, "Stop calling me scum for not wanting to waste my time dissecting useless bickering that would result in a reaching case at best."
Disregard this for a second and tell me what you think of Ryker, you've been taunting him for a long time now, what's your exact read on him?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm waiting for something that catches my eye as telling, yes. Nothing that I've read so far has been compelling nor interesting. Thus, I really have nothing to comment on. It should be pretty clear what my opinion is on everything said so far. It's 99% useless bickering.

As for Ryker? Don't really have a read on him. He's just being Ryker and trying to get a rise out of me. Probably trying to see if I'm afraid of him or too timid to confront him, in order for him to get a read on me, or elicit certain responses that he can use to make a case against me. Definitely a strategy I can see both town and scum Ryker executing almost identically.

Riddle

Smash Lord
@FF why just wait for something to happen? If everyone (or the majority of people) played that way, nothing "telling" would ever happen. We need this bickering and useless discussion to build up to more useful discussion later on. Part of your job as a town-aligned player (if you are one) is to make that happen.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok, so after reading through the "useless bickering", I think that No Lynch is being extremely aggressive, and trying really really hard to make something out of nothing. The problem I have with this is, why try to make something out of nothing? If it's nothing, is it worth wasting time on? I don't understand what No Lynch was trying to get from BSP in all this, was he getting an accurate read on him by frustrating him like that? What was that read? What'd he get out of it?

To me, it just looked like he was trying to make people think BSP was scummy based on something nobody but him could see. I found it to be, overall, very fishy.

So I ask you, No Lynch, what's your read on BSP?

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
The whole point of that was to create something out of nothing. I had an initial read on BSP and I actually went this route because BSP is more or less a newbie and would be more telling with his reactions to things. Those last questions of yours are explained in the tidbits that I was pressuring, the last one is staying disclosed for the moment being but I can still say that my opinion hasn't really changed. I feel there is a genuine frustration but there are simply thing that I've already highlighted that I can't ignore. We'll see how it goes from there.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't know that I really agree with it giving more telling reactions. I think BSP is someone who will consider what a person of either alignment might say as a reaction, and give you a very null response, regardless of his alignment. That's pretty much exactly what I saw, for the most part, but he started getting a little frustrated the more you kept poking him. I don't know how telling that actually is.

I guess the problem I'm having with your approach is that you're not just "making something out of nothing". It feels more like you're "making something scummy out of nothing". That could get us into trouble if it doesn't turn out that BSP is actually scum. The fact that it's "made out of nothing" doesn't exactly assure me that we're on the right track, we're just on some kind of track. I suppose that's better than no track at all, for the time being.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm also wondering how you went from null on BSP to "voting" him.
It's a pressure vote. I wanted to see how he'd react; I obviously don't want to lynch him because he's null to me.

Unvote

In the meantime, Kary, I want to get to you, but for now, why is KevMo winning the auction a town tell?
a) it isn't
b) because scum kevmo wouldn't nonchalantly win the auction

I guess the problem I'm having with your approach is that you're not just "making something out of nothing". It feels more like you're "making something scummy out of nothing". That could get us into trouble if it doesn't turn out that BSP is actually scum. The fact that it's "made out of nothing" doesn't exactly assure me that we're on the right track, we're just on some kind of track. I suppose that's better than no track at all, for the time being.
This is boring. Stop talking too much and tell me whether or not I'm town, with regards to my initial read list, my interactions with Riddle, and my interactions with Vinyl.

Vote: Vinyl

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I can honestly say that nothing you said or did was particularly interesting to me, but after looking back, I'm wondering one thing about your interaction with Riddle.

Why'd you ask him what would make him misread you? It makes me wonder if your goal is to avoid having him misread you, or if you're trying to get him to misread you. My initial thought was that you wanted to avoid him misreading you, but the second time I read it, it sounded more like you wanted him to misread you, so now I'm not sure what to think. I'll be pondering this while I form a read on you.

You seem pretty confident in townRiddle, tell me why?

I'm having trouble finding your interaction with Vinyl, can you show it to me?

and wrt to your reads list, I think it's a tad premature. Maybe you know how to read these players better than me, since I have virtually no meta on a lot of them. Most of what I've read so far just looks like idle chit chat, and discussion of the game mechanics. Everything else just looks null to me.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What makes you think I seem confident in townRiddle?

Do I seem more confident in townRiddle than my other reads?

Let me know when you have a read on me.

/end

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You seem confident in townRiddle because you stated it very simply. You didn't call it a lean, and you didn't really explain it. You just called him Town, like it was obvious. I dunno that it seems any stronger than the other reads, it's just the one I was curious about.

Right now I'm gonna lean townie on you, Kary. That was my initial reaction, and second guessing myself usually just gets me into trouble.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Kary said:
It's a pressure vote. I wanted to see how he'd react; I obviously don't want to lynch him because he's null to me.

Unvote
So you put an imaginary vote on someone with no explanation as a pressure vote to see a reaction. What reaction were you expecting? What was the best possible result of that vote do you think? Did you gain any information from your vote?

Riddle

Smash Lord
PrivateJoker-Brown said:
Right now I'm gonna lean townie on you, Kary. That was my initial reaction, and second guessing myself usually just gets me into trouble.
Is this just a gut reaction, or do you have actual reasoning?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I don't see any particularly deviant intent from anything he's posted. All I see is questions, and attempts to form reads. Seems mostly pro-town to me, aside from that thing about him wanting to know what would make you misread him. The more I ponder it, the more I realize that it could go either way. Since it doesn't make any more sense as a scum move than it does as a town move, I'm going with my gut on that particular instance.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Lets see if we can get something from someone we haven't heard from.

@Handorin, whatcha think about No Lynch?
A No Lynch will happen in this phase of the game.

But seriously, I think it's a hydra.

But super serious, I haven't even read the thread yet. I've done nothing but work, study, and go to school since the game started.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Goddamn Kary using the same goddamn playstyle. He's doing more guts and less reasoning.

Going quick on things and being sincerely direct. If I were to make a resemblance on him and Kevin, I could, but I don't think I will.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That' my opinion based on the past games I've played with him before.

Looking at the past pages, I'm still wanting BSP to respond right now.
He's really getting off right now after questioning why I asked for reads as if they were literally wrong to do so when it comes to time. And not to mention that he thinks I'm leading him in a bad light.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So you put an imaginary vote on someone with no explanation as a pressure vote to see a reaction. What reaction were you expecting? What was the best possible result of that vote do you think? Did you gain any information from your vote?
It gives BSP an opportunity to talk with me; if he takes it up, that may create useful content. Even if he doesn't take it up, it may still create useful content.

Vote: Riddle

Goddamn Kary using the same goddamn playstyle. He's doing more guts and less reasoning.

Going quick on things and being sincerely direct. If I were to make a resemblance on him and Kevin, I could, but I don't think I will.
You feel I was being sincere in my reads list Y/N?
If so please explain what led you to that conclusion.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
If the 1st one is where you went overaggro, that one's excluded. The games overall, but one stands out at the time on utrick'd as I felt you were a pretty big threat at first when I was scum.

Top Bottom