• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunter X Hunter Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Rajam

Smash Champion

Congrats to KevinM who won the auction (2000 J) and the Risky Dice card!

Revenue (Cards + Auction + Minigame):
14330 Jenis

Final stock:
Common Cards:
18 Stick (10 J)
18 Stone (25 J)
19 Fluoroscopy (290 J)
18 Sight vision (440 J)

Uncommon cards:
6 Transform (530 J)
9 Magnetic Force (790 J)
9 Defensive Wall (900 J)

Rare Cards:
2 Reflection (1020 J)
1 Accompany (1260 J)

Others:
18 Masadora Cards Pack (1500 J)

Mini-game entrants & Bracket:
Handorin
Ryker
Vinyl.
frozenflame751
Riddle
BadWolf28738

Round 1 deadline: Sep 8th 16:00 AST
Remember to send your actions for this mini-game!

Rules:
Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament!

It will have a 300 J entry fee. If you want to in, just post “In Mini-game”, bolded. Rules are the next:
- Double Elimination Tournament. Each match will have a deadline of 24 hours. Bracket will be generated at random.
- Each player must send me via PM five ordered options (example: rock, rock, paper, rock, scissors). First options will decide a winner. If there is a tie between first options, second options will decide a winner, and so on. If there is a tie even after all five options, the winner will be decided at random.
- Results of each round are public including all five options of each player.
- If a player doesn’t send his options on time, that player will be assigned random options. In this case it will be announced the options were chosen at random by the game moderator.
- If the Day Phase ends before the mini-game ends, the game will be left unfinished with no winners.

Prizes:
- 1st place: 4000 Jenis and a Masadora Spell Card Pack.
- 2nd place: 2000 Jenis and an Analysis card.
- 3rd place: 1000 Jenis.
- 4th place: 500 Jenis.

Day Phase 1 begins!

• Players may now use cards with the Gain command in their books, as well as specifying targets.
    Example: Gain: 1 Analysis: (target)
  • Deadline for this Day Phase 1: [glow]Saturday Sep 15th 16:00 AST[/glow]
  • Don't forget the mini-game!
  • With 14 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch!

Riddle

Smash Lord
Thank God Day 1 has finally started.

It gives BSP an opportunity to talk with me; if he takes it up, that may create useful content. Even if he doesn't take it up, it may still create useful content.
You think unexplained and imaginary votes are more useful at generating pressure/information than an argument or a question? (Serious, non-rhetorical question)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Also, I wanna buddy with frozen if that's alright with. It's my first time playing with him around. :p

All for today. Later for now.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Alright I won the auction and now I can play mafia :D

Sup guys I'm KevinM I'm town and I'm looking for people to HBC

Vote Tery

Anyways this is who we get rid of ya ya ya!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Daykill: Vinyl.
Is there any particular reason you're choosing to feign a daykill on Vinyl, rather than simply vote him, or push him via other means? What purpose does this serve?

Are we to believe that your suspicion of him is so great that you want him dead right here, right now? Why not make a case?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Vinyl.
[glow]Paper[/glow] - Scissors - Rock - Rock - Paper

Handorin
[glow]Rock[/glow] - Paper - Scissors - Rock - Paper

Now, Vinyl. vs BadWolf28738

Handorin

Smash Hero
So I just read the 5 pages of stuff, and I think the post I didn't see that was right before my first one, other than the MG entry, sums up my feelings at this point.

Also, the notion that anyone has had any legitimate case on anyone so far that was actually worth consideration is ludicrous. Call me when the whole "let's make **** out of nothing" phase is over
I can't believe I had to read all of that nonsense. lol. NL and Ryker are stretching more than boiling lava pizza cheese that slaps BSP on the chin for no reason at all when he takes a bite. So far, there hasn't been much out of the norm. If anything, I don't get any scum vibes from BSP. I'd put like a 2% town lean on him. lol.

Lets see if we can get something from someone we haven't heard from.

@Handorin, whatcha think about No Lynch?
So I hope I kinda already answered that seriously now? Null read. Just reaching a lot and not finding anything that can prove BSP is scum.

Alright I won the auction and now I can play mafia :D

Sup guys I'm KevinM I'm town and I'm looking for people to HBC

Vote Tery

Anyways this is who we get rid of ya ya ya!
Broseph, I can roll with this.

Vote:Tery

Yooooooo, cool beans. GG, Handorin.
GG. I'll get you next time. You won't be able to smell what the Rock is cookin'.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm not talking about the hypothetical gun situation anymore, it's just a waste of time.

It gives BSP an opportunity to talk with me; if he takes it up, that may create useful content. Even if he doesn't take it up, it may still create useful content.
Ok, what should we talk about?

Daykill: Vinyl.
Is this supposed to imply that you think Vinyl is scummy?

@Riddle - why the vote on Vinyl?

@KevinM - why the vote on Tery? Why is Tery the one we need to get rid of?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Going in.

Tery hasn't really been trying at all. His two or three posts was made as if he lacked effort into it, lazily showing his thoughts. I can be inactivity, not having enough time to evaluate and post on here throughout the day; or it could be anything else than that.

Kev Made a gut tell on tery, if that's correct.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
For riddle, he has inclined to agree with kary with the slight scumtell, he has a descriptive reasoning why, which was that I lacked the sense of townie (Support, pro-town, evaluating) around the past pages.

It could be that, or only voted me to see how I would react.
Still questionable, yet still readable.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
For kary.

Irritating son of a--

Was your mock daykill made, only to see how I would react? Or is there something more deep to it than a reaction alone?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
BSP, we still aren't off the hook with the reads here. The fact that you questioned me more than once about it because of how I asked around a bad time does not make much sense to me at this point. I still want you to evaluate further on why it is, why you really ask why I didn't ask anyone else for reads, or WHY you think I'm putting you in a bad light.

Either that, or I will just end by stating that you hesitated.

BSP

Smash Legend
Look, here's what I thought.

As you should know, I though No Lynch's push on me was reaching and trying to incriminate me, and I thought that you asking me, the person in the hot seat, for reads at a time like that was you trying to get me to say something either

stupid

easily shutdown, incriminating me further

or something usable as reasoning later for lynching me D1.

It's a reachy idea, but again, it made sense to me, and it wouldn't be that stupid as a scum tactic imo.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
But sincerely, you do know that asking for reads, no matter in any situation, does not even give a single sense of reach whatsoever. If you were to say that'd you'd do it later is fine for me, but questioning, and then questioning after the answer, like you literally think it's bad or off, is only putting the weight upon your own self, IMO; and I'm pretty sure you're aware of that.

BSP

Smash Legend
But sincerely, you do know that asking for reads, no matter in any situation, does not even give a single sense of reach whatsoever.
I didn't say that you asking for reads was reaching, I specifically outlined what I thought you were doing, and reaching wasn't one of them.

If you were to say that'd you'd do it later is fine for me, but questioning, and then questioning after the answer, like you literally think it's bad or off
That's because I did think it was bad/off

is only putting the weight upon your own self, IMO; and I'm pretty sure you're aware of that.
I guess.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.0

Ryker**
No Lynch (Яagnarock / Ramen King)
frozenflame751
Vinyl.: Riddle
Macman*
Terywj [태리]: KevinM, Handorin
Orboknown
Kary: frozenflame751
BadWolf28738**
Riddle
BSP
PrivateJoker-Brown
KevinM
Handorin

Not Voting:
Ryker, No Lynch, Vinyl, Macman, Terywij [태리], Orboknown, Kary, Badwolf28738, BSP, PrivateJoker-Brown

Notes:
Badwolf and Ryker have expressed V/LA.

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/la

With 14 players, it takes 8 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is Saturday Sep 15th 16:00 AST

If you have a hard time reading the vote count, please address me and I'll...

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Look, here's what I thought.

As you should know, I though No Lynch's push on me was reaching and trying to incriminate me, and I thought that you asking me, the person in the hot seat, for reads at a time like that was you trying to get me to say something either

stupid

easily shutdown, incriminating me further

or something usable as reasoning later for lynching me D1.

It's a reachy idea, but again, it made sense to me, and it wouldn't be that stupid as a scum tactic imo.
I completely agree with this, as it felt the same way to me too.

However, something to keep in mind, BSP, is that Vinyl did the same thing in MLPnewbie to Toaster. Soup had Toaster in the hot seat, and Vinyl chose that time to question him, when he had left him alone all game up until that point. You remember that? Vinyl was town that game, and so was Toaster.

The fact that he waited until you were under some pressure to question you isn't very telling of alignment. It might seem like something scum would do to make you look bad, but it's something townVinyl has done in the past.

Lemme ask you this, BSP. What do you think about FrozenFlame?

BSP

Smash Legend
Lemme ask you this, BSP. What do you think about FrozenFlame?
oK @ the vinyl stuff, you're correct in that case.

As for FF, I don't particularly like his slot right now, but I wouldn't call him scum. Null for now, reasoning below.

You're mistaking the cause for my attitude. It isn't the fact that "the game hasn't officially started". It's the fact that no one has made any sort of substantial case or done anything that is really worth serious consideration.
I can agree with this because I thought the same thing at the start of the game, but I think he could've more, and now that D1 has started, I'm expecting him to carry through with his statements.

Though, I will say that probably a contributing factor to the low level of importance of everything that has been said so far is partially a result of people not being able to vote, so there is a slight possibility of causality in that sense.
I don't like this logic though. I don't agree that not being able to vote = low level of importance for everything being said. Everyone is more than capable of applying pressure without voting everywhere. IE No Lynch on me.

Since you said this Frozen, is this going to apply to all future buy phases for you too?

So yeah, it's not "stop making me do things!" its, "Stop calling me scum for not wanting to waste my time dissecting useless bickering that would result in a reaching case at best."
I do like that he also wants to have a good case before pointing fingers though.

ohboyherewego.jpg

Vote: Kary

:phone:
Ok, so now he can vote, but this is all he gives us?

Thats all you have to say when the day literally opened with someone posting a daykill command targetting you?

idk if I can buddy that brah
Next D1 post, not really adding anything new in.

Overall: null for me right now. Nothing telling really.

@everyone if you haven't commented on it - What do you think of No Lynch's push on me in Buy Phase 1? Do you think we should ignore it, or did you get something substantial from it?

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Handorin said:
So I hope I kinda already answered that seriously now? Null read. Just reaching a lot and not finding anything that can prove BSP is scum.
What would be substantial evidence or something that, in your eyes, would prove that BSP was scum?

Riddle

Smash Lord
BSP said:
@Riddle - why the vote on Vinyl?
For reasons explained during Buy Phase. His hesitance to pressure people (other than you) and conflict-avoidance is not in line with what town motives should be. In addition, his extreme focus on you seems like a pretty safe thing to do since two other people had already done it and since the general consensus on you is a null tell.

Vinyl said:
For riddle, he has inclined to agree with kary with the slight scumtell, he has a descriptive reasoning why, which was that I lacked the sense of townie (Support, pro-town, evaluating) around the past pages.

It could be that, or only voted me to see how I would react.
Still questionable, yet still readable.
Please don't answer questions for me, I'm active enough to answer them myself, and you could easily be wrong.

That being said, while I still find Vinyl pretty scummy, inactivity seems to be a bigger problem than Vinyl is currently, so

UnvoteVote: Orboknown

Who should we lynch?

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Joker said:
@No Lynch, how do you feel about Riddle?
Town lean. I don't care for his drivel on the buy phase but more or less he seems like someone to keep around and seems to have town's best interests. I generally like how he's handled this game.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Frozenflame751 said:
ohboyherewego.jpg

Vote: Kary
I can take a quick guess as to why this was your first vote or you could just tell me and we'll see how close I am to reading your intentions.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
Vinyl. said:
Tery hasn't really been trying at all. His two or three posts was made as if he lacked effort into it, lazily showing his thoughts. I can be inactivity, not having enough time to evaluate and post on here throughout the day; or it could be anything else than that.
Sounds like a reason to appeal to the common wagon, more or less being that you could say for any other player with this kind of case that the game hadn't started therefore there was nothing there to do. I find you anxious.

No Lynch

Smash Journeyman
I explained to you why I did it, your definition of reaching or even using such a word is terrible. I wasn't reaching, I was producing my thoughts on my slot to you while aggressively pressuring in hopes of getting a reaction and more or less, explanation of your actions. You make it sound like held a gun to you or something! Either way, that's all said and done, and more or less I find myself questioning:

BSP said:
Vote Tery
I can tell you right now that Tery even with a right enough of pressure won't do anything and as either alignment he is inactive, he is more vig fodder then D1 lynch. Anyone on the Tery lynch either wants to snuggle up with KevMo and be on his good side because he's high rolling with that dice, or they're looking for the easy way out. Which one are you?

BSP

Smash Legend
Neither of those. You're saying that Tery would stay inactive even if he got to L-1 for example?

BSP

Smash Legend
Also, we don't even know what the die does. How can you say that's a reason for buddying with him?

BSP

Smash Legend
For reasons explained during Buy Phase. His hesitance to pressure people (other than you) and conflict-avoidance is not in line with what town motives should be. In addition, his extreme focus on you seems like a pretty safe thing to do since two other people had already done it and since the general consensus on you is a null tell.
Seems that I wasn't alone in that thinking.

Riddle

Smash Lord
No Lynch said:
I can tell you right now that Tery even with a right enough of pressure won't do anything and as either alignment he is inactive, he is more vig fodder then D1 lynch. Anyone on the Tery lynch either wants to snuggle up with KevMo and be on his good side because he's high rolling with that dice, or they're looking for the easy way out. Which one are you?
Of the three people on the Tery wagon currently, rank your order of suspicion and why.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@everyone if you haven't commented on it - What do you think of No Lynch's push on me in Buy Phase 1? Do you think we should ignore it, or did you get something substantial from it?
I think soup was trying to get things going. Isn't terribly telling on either side, but at least he did something(albeit in a phase where it didn't much matter)
UnvoteVote: Orboknown

Who should we lynch?
how the hell should I know at this moment? no one has jumped out particularly to me yet, so I'll need a couple irl days worth of stuff to sort through to get a decent opinion in all likelyhood.
That's because I did think it was bad/off
why was it bad/off?

Riddle

Smash Lord
Orboknown said:
how the hell should I know at this moment? no one has jumped out particularly to me yet, so I'll need a couple irl days worth of stuff to sort through to get a decent opinion in all likelyhood.
"Who is the scummiest person in the game to you right now?" might be a better phrasing of that question. You've yet to take any stances and I'd certainly like one.

Top Bottom